Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,107 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Ipob's Call For Succession And The Rest Of Us Living In Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob's Call For Succession And The Rest Of Us Living In Northern Nigeria (411 Views)

Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg / Breaking News: IPOB Call Off Election Boycott As Federal Gov't Meet All Demands / Ndi Anambra And IPOB call for No Election in Anambra state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ipob's Call For Succession And The Rest Of Us Living In Northern Nigeria by wellmax(m): 9:01am On Jun 29, 2017
This an a great piece written by my friend, Oliver.
Read
My uncle has called me twice or more recently, so has my cousin and they have requested that I evacuate the north to the safe haven of the east before it becomes too late. I told them I appreciate their concerns but that there are no jobs for me to live on with my family even if I accept their proposition. The reality of leaving ones livelihood to an uncertain future makes me cringe. But some tell of Abraham and the call to leave Haran to the unknown Promised Land. If you must know, my name is not Abraham and if it was, I am still looking forward to hearing the voice.

So I told them like I tell you this morning, that the problem with the call for secession is not the call, it the manner of the call. The name calling for the sake of the call, the dehumanizing for the sake of the call, and the threatening that only puts the life of those of us who thrive and habit the north in more danger than those who call. It is easy to rant from a distance when you are in your coven; after all the dog barks and yells the most on its front yard. But what of the rest of the Ibo nation reliant on the mercies of those who benevolently have given them a place to thrive.

You can call for secession, no one hinders you, like I can register my opposition for secession and walk safely through the streets of Osisi-Oma and Aba without being harassed. It is called choice, even the Almighty does not infringe on the decisions of His creations. Please.

On a final note, there are millions of Igbo’s outside the circumference of the secured east, as there are millions in the north, me inclusive. Help us to stay safe and don’t try to force me to drink since you have already forced me to the river bank.
Re: Ipob's Call For Succession And The Rest Of Us Living In Northern Nigeria by luvinhubby(m): 9:04am On Jun 29, 2017
sad sad
Re: Ipob's Call For Succession And The Rest Of Us Living In Northern Nigeria by Kondomatic(m): 9:12am On Jun 29, 2017
Oliver is daft if he thinks it's the call for secession that endangered the life of Igbo in North.

Kindly tell him that the reason he's still in North is because Jonathan accepted defeat in 2015 and also remind him that there's Jonathan to accept defeat in 2019.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“God Showed Me A Vision In 1992 And I Became Governor” – Ortom / When Alimentary Considerations Take Centre Stage - INCRA'S Response To Onyesoh's / Find Out Why Senate Calls Senate President Saraki,to Be Made Nigeria President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.