Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? (9909 Views)

How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by woye77: 5:22pm On Feb 02, 2010
Fhemmmy:

It is not same at all . . . . I have seen a lady and i am damn serious that was seriously beaten by her husband and she went to the police station and lo and behold the man was arrested and was behind the bars for some days, so tell me what was the difference, is it not same Nigeria and same culture?

the lady used "long leg" factor
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Feb 02, 2010
woye77:

the lady used "long leg" factor

Common, then, tell other ladies to grow long legs.
I am sure there are some women in the society, i mean societal women that has been beaten before and yet nothing happened, so what happen, the long leg they have all of a sudden shrunk?
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by biina: 9:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
So what about women that beat their husbands? undecided cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by Fhemmmy: 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2010
biina:

So what about women that beat their husbands? undecided cheesy grin

That is not a man, but a baby in the hands of a Mom.
Cos if the woman wanna beat you, hold her hands and walk away . . . . .
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by pumpkin19: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2012
I got in a relationship with a Nigerian man he was really nice in a the start bury I've noticed now he's getting verbally aggressive, like the other week he said i will get a good beating when i come back from university. When i asked him why his answer was and i quote "i can see you have been spoiled as a child and i don't like it" he also get aggressive if i say i don't want to have sex apparently i belong to him, im 19 and his 23 he said because of the age gap its his job to beat me, and if i try to break up with him he sends me the picture of the belt to remind me.. This is in the UK where 'domestic' violence is against the law and taken seriously but the man doesn't care he will beat me more if i involve anyone..
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by Sinachee: 10:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
H-according to one of my 'SICKO' ex-gal MGBEKE pals. . . .it turns 'em on! angry
I got rid of her local azzzze instantly! kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by nobniger: 3:37am On Feb 03, 2013
Same reason girl

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by Winneygirl(f): 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
What I expect in a thread like dis, is dat Men who beat their wives will come here and state why they do it and how much they enjoy it.

I think some men on NL beat their wives.

Let's be real and hear frm d horses mouths.

Wife-beaters, we are waiting 2 hear frm U o....
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by mohammedmagnus: 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
if it where a muslim now, only God knows. well say no to violence against women
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by Pidggin(f): 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
@OP, they enjoy bearing their wives because they get away with, patriarchal society is also a cause, and women's self-destructive attitudes are all factors that contribute to this menace
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by mohammedmagnus: 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
say no to violence against women. imagine if it was a muslim tho

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by SAMBARRY: 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
grin grin grin shocked cheesy
Fhemmmy:

That is not a man, but a baby in the hands of a Mom.
Cos if the woman wanna beat you, hold her hands and walk away . . . . .
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by SAMBARRY: 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
If you're still with him and haven't sent his ass to prison then you deserve all the beating in the world. Send me his number so I can send some belts and horse whip to him.

You no get Sense ni abi your mama Don die?
pumpkin19:
I got in a relationship with a Nigerian man he was really nice in a the start bury I've noticed now he's getting verbally aggressive, like the other week he said i will get a good beating when i come back from university. When i asked him why his answer was and i quote "i can see you have been spoiled as a child and i don't like it" he also get aggressive if i say i don't want to have sex apparently i belong to him, im 19 and his 23 he said because of the age gap its his job to beat me, and if i try to break up with him he sends me the picture of the belt to remind me.. This is in the UK where 'domestic' violence is against the law and taken seriously but the man doesn't care he will beat me more if i involve anyone..
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? by Pidggin(f): 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
pumpkin19:

This is why I mentioned self-destruction as one of the reasons for female battering. Believe me one day he will surely carry out his words, I just hope it will not be too late for you by then. Girl you have your life to live, it's your decision to leave or not, enjoy!

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Bled On Her Wedding Night After Staying Away From Sex For Two Years / Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. / Chebe Powder And Karkar Oil For Hair Growth Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.