Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

5 Signs Of A Childish Adult - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult (31467 Views)

5 Signs Your Kid Has High IQ / Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success / 5 Signs Your Husband Is Cheating On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Opinionated: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2017
There are two types of ages: the physical and emotional age. A childish aduItis basically a person whose physical age is that of an adult, but whose emotional age is that of a child. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 signs of a childish adult.

Looking for Who to Blame

When an aduIthardly takes responsibility for his/her actions, and constantly looks for who to blame, that’s might be a sign of emotional immaturity in an adult. Typically, when things go wrong children look for who to blame, while adults take responsibility and try to figure out how to fix the problem.

Poor Impulse Control

Children tend to be impulsive when they are hurt or mad – they speak recklessly or take impulsive action without pausing to think about the consequences. AduIts that mimic such behavior when reacting to issues show signs of emotional immaturity. AduIts are typically better at self-control and understand themselves enough to calm themselves and resist the impulse to act before they think in a given situation. This is not to say that adults don’t occasional have ‘slips’, but this happen less with an aduItthan a child.

Immature Defense Mechanisms

One primitive defense mechanism is denial: ‘I didn’t say that!’; ‘I never did that!’, when the individual actually said so. These are immature defense mechanisms used by a child to protect himself/herself or escape tight corners. Another primitive defense mechanism, is attacking or being hostile to anyone who says something different or has a different view from yours. AduIts that have such immature defense mechanisms can to a large extent be considered childish adults. They still have a lot of growing up to do in this aspect.

Need to be Center of Attention

This point speaks for itself. It’s safe to say that an aduItwhose priority is to always be the center of attention still has some growing up to do.

Lack of an ‘Observing Ego’

Emotionally mature adults have outbursts, but what’s different about them is that after their outburst, they soon after realize, with their ‘observing ego’, that their outburst was inappropriate. They can see with hindsight and admit that such behavior was against their value system. On the other hand, children have not yet been able to internalize guidelines for respectful behavior and develop a value system. As a result, they don’t have the ability to judge when their actions are out of line and thus blame others. AduIts whose behaviors are in line with this child like response can be considered childish adults.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-signs-childish-adult/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by cassidy1996(m): 11:52am On Jun 29, 2017
nice one
looking at this, means we have so many big babies in our society today

13 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by coliobabs(m): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
Those screaming IPOB Youth on this forum, the ones typing that director performed miracle in the soakaway grin

5 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nice one Op...very true
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by smexy(m): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by ANNOY(m): 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
You are on point. I know a lot of them here in Nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Fadamant: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
100% correct. I have one here in my office. I've always wondered how an adult grew to be that way.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
A particular mod is just like that..
He gave me a Methuselah like ban for an ordinary joke.

12 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by temitope28(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
sad
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by VeniJu: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
Like some would ask..... Is that all?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Lordsinger(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
thats humans for you,your taste buds and that of others aint the same..
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by SmartyPants(m): 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
U'v just described someone in my life to a tee...

Its been a serious battle to get this person to grow up
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by KingBish(f): 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Wait

Option 1: Birds of a feather flock together i.e person above me is childish

Option 2: Unlike terms attract i.e person above me isn't childish.

NL's please like for option 1 and share for option 2

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Gisthoodng(m): 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hey Friends And Strangers Kindly Download My Android Game Named "Cube Sprint Sp" Via The Link Below :
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/b261d5f8 (10mb)
Thanks And Kindly Share.....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
I will comment on this later let me have my lunch first...!!! Lalasticlala you can join me but bring extra akpu while coming.... I know many NL guys cant afford the kind of rich soup i eat...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Darkseid(m): 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
Three in every five Nigerian adult exhibit all the points listed here. The most annoying is the issue of blaming others. In a situation where there is no one to blame physically, they blame it on spirits and village witches.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by microjoystick: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
Wow thanks op......I guess am one of demundecided
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by michoim(m): 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
FFK and Fayose are number one examples of childish adults in this country.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by MzJin(f): 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
cassidy1996:
nice one
looking at this, means we have so many big babies in our society today

I concur esp. among male counter parts.....I cant count how many child adult males av got to deal with in life....some times em forced to ask dem at what age dey stopped suckling dia mothers breast....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by SaulRazor: 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
That means Buhari is an immature adult who goes around blaming past govts for everything even though he has been in power for more than 2 years now

7 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by sexymoma(f): 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2017
Someone who talks too much
and likes over-hyping his/herself.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by legendsilver(m): 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
Opinionated:

There are two types of ages: the physical and emotional age. A childish aduItis basically a person whose physical age is that of an adult, but whose emotional age is that of a child. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 signs of a childish adult.

Looking for Who to Blame

When an aduIthardly takes responsibility for his/her actions, and constantly looks for who to blame, that’s might be a sign of emotional immaturity in an adult. Typically, when things go wrong children look for who to blame, while adults take responsibility and try to figure out how to fix the problem.

Poor Impulse Control

Children tend to be impulsive when they are hurt or mad – they speak recklessly or take impulsive action without pausing to think about the consequences. AduIts that mimic such behavior when reacting to issues show signs of emotional immaturity. AduIts are typically better at self-control and understand themselves enough to calm themselves and resist the impulse to act before they think in a given situation. This is not to say that adults don’t occasional have ‘slips’, but this happen less with an aduItthan a child.

Immature Defense Mechanisms

One primitive defense mechanism is denial: ‘I didn’t say that!’; ‘I never did that!’, when the individual actually said so. These are immature defense mechanisms used by a child to protect himself/herself or escape tight corners. Another primitive defense mechanism, is attacking or being hostile to anyone who says something different or has a different view from yours. AduIts that have such immature defense mechanisms can to a large extent be considered childish adults. They still have a lot of growing up to do in this aspect.

Need to be Center of Attention

This point speaks for itself. It’s safe to say that an aduItwhose priority is to always be the center of attention still has some growing up to do.

Lack of an ‘Observing Ego’

Emotionally mature adults have outbursts, but what’s different about them is that after their outburst, they soon after realize, with their ‘observing ego’, that their outburst was inappropriate. They can see with hindsight and admit that such behavior was against their value system. On the other hand, children have not yet been able to internalize guidelines for respectful behavior and develop a value system. As a result, they don’t have the ability to judge when their actions are out of line and thus blame others. AduIts whose behaviors are in line with this child like response can be considered childish adults.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-signs-childish-adult/

You just mentioned Nnamdi KANU here

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by robosky02(m): 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
ok

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by chris6flash: 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Holakizzo(m): 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
Awe... alright ..
good
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Iseoluwani: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
KingsoBabaTips:
I will commenter on this later let me have my launchfirst...!!! Lalasticlala you can join but briing extra akpu while coming....

You can't even spell lunch

dino's family shocked grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by DeBret(m): 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nice post

But come, I haven't seen anyone post with a single like..... smiley
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by TinaAnita(f): 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
Me a childish adult? The thunder that will hit you eeeeeh
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
Iseoluwani:

You can't even spell lunch

dino's family shocked grin
I know you must be hungry but i wont invite you so Lick ur wounds...
Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by Lagusta(m): 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
KingBish:
Wait

Option 1: Birds of a feather flock together i.e person above me is childish

Option 2: Unlike terms attract i.e person above me isn't childish.

NL's please like for option 1 and share for option 2

Hit like if you know this is a childish adult grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult by NoWorries7(m): 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
Airforce1... That dude really needs to grow up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Think Is Wrong With African Style Of Parenting? / Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. / My 4 Generations And Still Counting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.