Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,595 members, 7,823,583 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo (23857 Views)

Positive Steps You Must Take To Make Positive Changes This Year / Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years / Badoo Kills Lovers At Ojodu Berger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by BumbleBee2ice(f): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
curiositymaster:

So na werepe dem dey call devil beans. I don learn new thing be dat oo
Werepe ke? I thot Werepe is Saw dust nah.
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Marvel1206: 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
werepe shocked shocked shocked
cheesy o baad
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Marvel1206: 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
BumbleBee2ice:

Dat looks so scary ooo, jst seeing nd hearing it 4 d first time.
Really? Are you not a Nigerian? grin
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Marvel1206: 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Engrduke:

How do you spray devil beans all over your compound? Won't you move round the compound again with your children?
Amusing.
I meant arm yourself with it. Besides, it was a joke.. both the sprayer of the devil beans and the 'sprayee ' will get affected

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by tiger28: 10:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Every one must get a even a locally made gun. In Nigeria,ppl are like sitting Ducks because they don't own guns. See how robbers Rob a whole community for hours because there isn't any resistance.
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Dantee005(m): 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
INVESTORBNAIRA:
Olamide badoo should be arrested for founding this cult
Wen Christ said it is finished. .he was referring to ya sense...
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
Marvel1206:

Really? Are you not a Nigerian? grin
Really looks scary, bt is it truly werepe?
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Marvel1206: 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
BumbleBee2ice:

Really looks scary, bt is it truly werepe?
Yes. it is.. ever heard of it?
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
Marvel1206:

Yes. it is.. ever heard of it?
Wat I knw as Werepe while growing up wz actually dust frm sawed wood in a carpenter's shop. Neva knew it's a plant
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Marvel1206: 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
BumbleBee2ice:

Wat I knw as Werepe while growing up wz actually dust frm sawed wood in a carpenter's shop. Neva knew it's a plant
Oh No! It is a particular plant's fruit. It can itch your soul grin
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
BumbleBee2ice:

Werepe ke? I thot Werepe is Saw dust nah.

Maybe in your language, Na devil beans Yoruba dey call werepe. if e touch your body, your life will not remain the same
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
Marvel1206:

Oh No! It is a particular plant's fruit. It can itch your soul grin
embarassed, d sight alone scared d sh*t outta me
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
curiositymaster:

Maybe in your language, Na devil beans Yoruba dey call werepe. if e touch your body, your life will not remain the same
embarassed
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by pressplay411(m): 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
timawoku:
'Its all left for us to do what we have to do to survive' (amaru shakur)
The dreaded badoo group are no spirits, and we can protect ourselves from them with simple steps, many of us can not leave because it's our home and we must protect it..here are simple steps that will help

1) lock your windows: it is not a new thing that the group operate by slicing the net of the window and puff out a powdery substance which will make residents sleep. I chose to believe they use cocktails of sedative (which might include chlorofoam). Whichever way, If the window is open they can put their hands through the burglary and effect their sedative. If the windows are locked they would have to look elsewhere because breaking the window will alert the household even neighbours. ..

2) off your gen set: if you sleep with your gen set on then you might be a potential target as this will help kill any noise made when they attack. ..get a rechargeable fan

3)burglary; get a burglary that is not hand penetrable (ignore my grammar here), a burglary with little spaces in between will be great for you

4) lock your doors on time: it is advisable you get home quickly and lock your doors....8pm is ideal

5) code your movement: these group most likely set their eyes on target before operating, let your movement be only known to you

6) dont drink in yhe neighbourhood: for every reasons dont, these can jeopardise your family entirely...information can easily be got from you, if u must go far away

7) sleep everywhere; you are an easy target if you all sleep in a room. Sleep differently

cool light up your compound; this will discourage perpetrators. .

9) be alert always...dont sleep like a donkey

10) above all be prayerful to whatever faith you believe in

Lalasticlala let us save lives
Cc: seun mynd44
Please let us sensitise the people

Good measures.
But while it curtails the present insecurity, it fails to address the menacing denominator responsible for this terror. The problem of angry frustrated youths and how to engage and empower them to be better institutionalized and integrated into the system.

Govt/police sat back and watched ikorodu become the Haven of cultists, now the hydra headed monster is beyond control.

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by chuks4greatness: 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
U forgot this too.. get a well trained Dog...
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
BumbleBee2ice:

embarassed

Madam, you better go sleep, no keep my oga waiting for too long while you are Nairalanding with reckless abadon (see what I did there)
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Marvel1206: 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
BumbleBee2ice:
embarassed, d sight alone scared d sh*t outta me
Lool. Easy ehh
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Sleezwizz: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
hakeem4:
most of these atrocities happens around ogijo side in Ogun state

Who told u that? Is olopomeji, ijede, elepe in ogijo or ogun state? This badoo stuff began at ikorodu before it started spreading to ogijo area. Get ur facts right bro.

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Vikky014(f): 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
timawoku:
'Its all left for us to do what we have to do to survive' (amaru shakur)
The dreaded badoo group are no spirits, and we can protect ourselves from them with simple steps, many of us can not leave because it's our home and we must protect it..here are simple steps that will help

1) lock your windows: it is not a new thing that the group operate by slicing the net of the window and puff out a powdery substance which will make residents sleep. I chose to believe they use cocktails of sedative (which might include chlorofoam). Whichever way, If the window is open they can put their hands through the burglary and effect their sedative. If the windows are locked they would have to look elsewhere because breaking the window will alert the household even neighbours. ..

2) off your gen set: if you sleep with your gen set on then you might be a potential target as this will help kill any noise made when they attack. ..get a rechargeable fan

3)burglary; get a burglary that is not hand penetrable (ignore my grammar here), a burglary with little spaces in between will be great for you

4) lock your doors on time: it is advisable you get home quickly and lock your doors....8pm is ideal

5) code your movement: these group most likely set their eyes on target before operating, let your movement be only known to you

6) dont drink in yhe neighbourhood: for every reasons dont, these can jeopardise your family entirely...information can easily be got from you, if u must go far away

7) sleep everywhere; you are an easy target if you all sleep in a room. Sleep differently

cool light up your compound; this will discourage perpetrators. .

9) be alert always...dont sleep like a donkey

10) above all be prayerful to whatever faith you believe in

Lalasticlala let us save lives
Cc: seun mynd44
Please let us sensitise the people

What is their motivedo they steal and kill or just kill
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Marvel1206:

cheesy o baad
you go low-key bad sha lol

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by bobogii2008: 11:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Getting dogs in your compound would just about do d trick...since we were made to know these badoo guys hardly carry guns with them.

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by SouLPoison(m): 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Vikky014:
What is their motivedo they steal and kill or just kill

I taya o, that's how bokoharam started.“clueless" till they got political sponsors, now it's Badoo, don't be surprised.
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Nostradamus: 12:15am On Jul 02, 2017
get a pure breed rotweiler from the pet section.
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Yolmite(m): 1:01am On Jul 02, 2017
Thanks alot
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by KingLennon(m): 5:19am On Jul 02, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

I tire
When I say something people will start foaming at the mouth.
How can people who pay taxes and everyday being taxed heavily be prisoners in their homes?
The tax system IMO is the biggest scam in this shithole. Nothing to show for it
Am with u on dis one....
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by Vikky014(f): 6:01am On Jul 02, 2017
SouLPoison:

I taya o, that's how bokoharam started.“clueless" till they got political sponsors, now it's Badoo, don't be surprised.
May God help us.
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by hakeem4(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2017
Sleezwizz:

Who told u that? Is olopomeji, ijede, elepe in ogijo or ogun state? This badoo stuff began at ikorodu before it started spreading to ogijo area. Get ur facts right bro.
most of those places are extension of Ikorodu

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by SouLPoison(m): 7:08am On Jul 02, 2017
Vikky014:
May God help us.

They sold this country to the devil already, only God's grace is sufficient
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by timawoku(m): 7:13am On Jul 02, 2017
hakeem4:
most of those places are extension of Ikorodu
what of Aga? Jumofak (just after agric)?, before you know it, it's spread around lagos. ..
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by timawoku(m): 7:16am On Jul 02, 2017
thoollz:
Number 2 and 8 is contradicting each other. If u turn off ur gen, how do u light up ur compound.
Apart from that, nice points. Although the rich use them to attack d poor, so i doubt if the affected person(s) will get this info

I understand u, I'm only emphasizing on the fact that these badoo guys attack d poor, hence it can't work that way although one can't take away d fact that it can hit anyone anytime. Good points.

thanks for quoting my reply, your head is there
Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by hakeem4(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2017
timawoku:
what of Aga? Jumofak (just after agric)?, before you know it, it's spread around lagos. ..
AGA is part of Ikorodu while others are just near by towns

I'm an indigene of Ikorodu and I grew up there all my life

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo by timawoku(m): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2017
hakeem4:
AGA is part of Ikorodu while others are just near by towns

I'm an indigene of Ikorodu and I grew up there all my life
I catch your drift, who knows maybe the indigenes are the ones doing the attack on non indigenes. ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 24 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ogun / Father And 2 Sons Who Defiled 9-Year-Old Child Arrested In Edo (Photos) / Cross River Demolishes Save Side Hotel Harbouring Kidnappers In Calabar (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.