Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized (52120 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today / Yakubu Aiyegbeni And Anthony Joshua At The Gym (Photo) / Yakubu Aiyegbeni And His Daughters, Kay And Katty Pictured (2) (3) (4)

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
the miss that made the white men screamed " ewkeke.. Hapiaka "
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by onatisi(m): 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2017
phanshark:
the worst part of it is that even if he didn't touch the ball,it will still enter the net.oh yaku,who do you this tin?
Then why he no kuku stand there dey watch the ball enter
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by LordOfNaira: 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2017
viviangist:
Forgiven ..??

There was nothing I didn't call him that day: bastard, motherfucker, son of a biitch, nincompoop, scallywag, simpleminded mofo, bastard son of a thousand fathers...
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by abels(m): 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2017
God stil punish him o
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by AreaFada2: 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2017
He punched well above his weight in football, more than much more talented people.

Growing up together in football Julius Aghahowa was far more talented than Yak those days.

Julius got stuck in Ukraine due to bad contract. Yak was much luckier in Israel, able to leave to UK earlier in his career.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 comes to mind.

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Herdeybayo1(m): 8:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
He should be taken to court every june

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by chinchum(m): 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nma27:
It would have been 3-2 without that miss
we were down 1-2 before the miss ,though less than 3 minutes after the miss ,our opponents conceded a penalty. Yakubu asked for the ball and scored the penalty kick to make it 2-2.
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by onatisi(m): 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
Threads like this makes me love nairaland. You go laugh tire

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Collins10(m): 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
ignis:
That was the worst miss in the history of football.
Lol... Worst miss? Please tell me you are not serious. You never see Neymar miss for last year here. Or even Diego Forlan own.
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Collins10(m): 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
chinchum:
Most people unfortunately forgot he scored minutes after the miss. Although it was via penalty. Game ended 2-2 , and we needed a win to progress to the second round of the South Africa 2010 world cup.
We didnt forget o. That miss is out of this world! Even if a person scores a hattrick in a game, does it totally remove the memory of such a miss? Watch that thing again o.

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by seunakin231(m): 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
No, never, not forgiven, he smiled and dey chew yeye gum forb mout undecidedh
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by donqx: 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
forget
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Jbleenk: 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
U think that's the worse it can get? Click this link and watch lazy yakubu doing nothing but loitering on the pitch for about 2min against Swindon

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/that-lazy-yakubu-video-youve-seen-isnt-quite-all-it-seems-114786
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by chinchum(m): 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
Collins10:
We didnt forget o. That miss is out of this world! Even if a person scores a hattrick in a game, does it totally remove the memory of such a miss? Watch that thing again o.
It wasnt the miss that was entirely painful, it was the worth of the miss. It was a game we badly needed any type of win to progress. It wont really hurt if we were 2 goals up and he failed to score.

For me, Sani kaita was the one who deserve to be blacklisted the most for conceding a silly red card at less than 40 minutes in to the game of the previous match. It was a match we most likely would have defeated the greeks as were a lone goal up, but we lost 2-1 at end of the game.
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by nextstep(m): 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
If you just put a dead body there, that ball would have bounced off the body into the net. WTF? angry
I still think he got paid to miss that goal.
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Tecno66: 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
When this happens in modern football, we call it match fixing. That miss marked the beginning of the end of Aiyegbeni's football career.
viviangist:
@VIVIANGIST

This month of June is hereby dedicated to remember Yakubu Aiyegbeni's dangerous and heartbreaking miss against  South Korea during a 2010 World Cup match in South Africa. It happened in the month of June 7 years back!! Can we ever forgive ..?? #Lol. Pictures below:

SOURCE - http://www.viviangist.net/remembering-yakubu-aiyegbeni-his-june-2010-miss-cannot-be-overemphasized

CC - Lalasticlala

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by DANNED(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy That miss was epic. e suppose enter World Guinness Record.
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
This happens when your village people know their work. grin

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by ineed2know(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
Wat baffles me is dat after lossing d penalty he was laughin!
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by onatisi(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
Jbleenk:
U think that's the worse it can get? Click this link and watch lazy yakubu doing nothing but loitering on the pitch against for about 2min against Swindon

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/that-lazy-yakubu-video-youve-seen-isnt-quite-all-it-seems-114786
Did u bother to read that article before posting it or was it too long?
It is clearly written there in english that yakubu was injured with an hamstring tear,conventry had used all their 3 subs and that footage was even the closing minutes of the match and the only reason why he couldn't leave the pitch was because the team didnt want to end wity one man short. Read first

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Stevengerd(m): 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
Ah Still Deh Nurse The Pain Ever Since Then. That Nite Kon See As I Dey Cry Like Pikin Wey Lose Hin Papa. The Following Day I Was Having Maths Exam. Boys 4 My Class Just Dey Quiet Throughtout That Week. Gosh!!! June 29, 2010 Ojo buruku

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by stagger: 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
If Yakubu had scored, Nigeria would have qualified for the second round as the other result would have gone our way.
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by phanshark(m): 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
onatisi:

wait make I come back 4rm China I go tell u why grin
onatisi:

wait make I come back 4rm China I go tell u why

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by emdeey(m): 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
You keep missing yaku-ubu

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by grandstar(m): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
Let sleeping dogs lie. Must he forever be reminded of his error?
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Owodiran1(m): 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
His expression though after the miss.
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Collins10(m): 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
chinchum:
It wasnt the miss that was entirely painful, it was the worth of the miss. It was a game we badly needed any type of win to progress. It wont really hurt if we were 2 goals up and he failed to score.

For me, Sani kaita was the one who deserve to be blacklisted the most for conceding a silly red card at less than 40 minutes in to the game of the previous match. It was a match we most likely would have defeated the greeks as were a lone goal up, but we lost 2-1 at end of the game.
If Yakubu had not missed, we wouldnt be calling Keita na! See, there was no total guarantee we would have even won that game. It was 1-0. People do not neccesarily need red cards to initiate a comeback...

But wetin pain me na the quality of the miss, not just the worth. If it was an outside 18-yard box shot that Yakubu played and it hit the bar, you think people will react like this? It would have been a miss but people will be like "Na outside 18 na. E for score am o but e try."

All the same, the thing pain all of us shaa. But nobody should give Yakubu positive words like "He later scored na" OR "He is the 3rd highest scorer in the country."

Lets face it: Dude shamelessly messed up big time!

Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by TITOBIGZ(m): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
Jarus:
From that position, it was more difficult to lose than score. The harder eventuality happened.

Doesn't take anything away from Yakubu as Nigeria's third all-time highest goal scorer for the national team and second highest scoring African in the premiership (behind Drogba).

Only a striker will understand,i swear it is very difficult,but people won't understand.
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
That miss traumatized my childhood i wanted to commit suicide cry
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by kings11ng(m): 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
he sold that match. dude smiled to the bank after that
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2017
Jarus:
From that position, it was more difficult to lose than score. The harder eventuality happened.

Doesn't take anything away from Yakubu as Nigeria's third all-time highest goal scorer for the national team and second highest scoring African in the premiership (behind Drogba).
I wondered if he intended passing the ball to the keeper actually...must have been the worst miss in a world cup
Re: Remembering Yakubu Aiyegbeni Today- His June 2010 Miss Cannot Be Overemphasized by azimibraun: 9:27pm On Jun 29, 2017
911 equivalent Miss.... Yakubu killed over 50million naija people on the night.

Nigeria Super Eagles Arrive In Benin For 2021 AFCON Qualifier (Photos, Video) / Premier League Admits Errors In VAR Penalty Decisions / Real Madrid Player Salaries 2017-18 (contract Details Revealed)