Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,840 members, 7,838,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution (39288 Views)

BREAKING: OPC Announces New Leader, Oshibote Oodua / YOLICOM To Declare Oodua Republic, Rejects Restructuring / Northern Youths Order Igbo Out Of Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by laudate: 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
MrMaestro:
Agreed, but honestly, there will have to be tough decisions that need to be made. Including deporting many (maybe not all) of those that are not yoruba, even if they're perfectly law abiding. This is a decision that needs to be made in the beginning. I don't think you understand the amount of non yoruba residents in the southwest. We don't want another Nigeria situation. Our forefathers failed to steer us away from this path in Nigeria, knowing this fact, we must do what is necessary to ensure without a shadow of a doubt that the nation remains an unquestionably yoruba nation for decades to come. To do this we must make these tough choices to prevent future generations from having to deal with more difficult situations in a multi ethnic society, similar to what we're dealing with now.
Hmmn.... with all due respect, would this measure not be too drastic? shocked There are people from minority groups like myself, who have lived, worked and studied in the SW region for years. I even know a few people who are not Yoruba, but are so assimilated into the Yoruba culture, that they are even alienated from their own paternal culture. Some of their maternal grandparents can trace their origins to border towns within the SW region. Would they be deported too? This needs a lot of careful thought & consideration... undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol awa ni ye oo Egbon sukkot. Long time. When last have u heard from masterchen

Prof akinphysicist, I sight u bros.

Lol, Egbon mi, MasterChen is actually here on this thread but in another form. I leave you to decipher that yourself grin. (But e dey always dey d other side wella (yorubaparapo) grin

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Agbaletu: 11:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Good job here, this is a Den of the Yoruba intellectuals. I went through all the pages and read every word. Well done Eyin temi!
I have finally seen a thread where i can pitch my tent daily.
A lot have been said and more to be raised. I am happy we have started seeing that this One-Nigeria thing will someday collapse and we have to start preparing for whatever happens.

Once again, well done eyin eje mi.

10 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by shukuokukobambi: 11:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
Agbaletu:
Good job here, this is a Den of the Yoruba intellectuals. I went through all the pages and read every word. Well done Eyin temi!
I have finally seen a thread where i can pitch my tent daily.
A lot have been said and more to be raised. I am happy we have started seeing that this One-Nigeria thing will someday collapse and we have to start preparing for whatever happens.

Once again, well done eyin eje mi.

Wa se ire eyan iyi cheesy

Welcome on board

5 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by MrMaestro: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
laudate:

Hmmn.... with all due respect, would this measure not be too drastic? shocked There are people from minority groups like myself, who have lived, worked and studied in the SW region for years. I even know a few people who are not Yoruba, but are so assimilated into the Yoruba culture, that they are even alienated from their own paternal culture. Some of their maternal grandparents can trace their origins to border towns within the SW region. Would they be deported too? This needs a lot of careful thought & meditation... undecided

Those that are yorubanized will be the last of our worries. It is easy to know this if their families have spent generations here as you've stated. Their parents and grandparents will be recognized by the government as residents in the region and will be overlooked. Those that are more recent arrivals will definitely be subject to more scrutiny and most will be deported unless: you are not a criminal, you are intelligent and have a technical skill you're offering to yoruba society, and most importantly if you love Yorubas as you love your own brothers. Otherwise, non yoruba residents are most likely to be deported. If somehow a person is deported who is all that is listed, they will most surely gain reentry once they apply and go through the system.

Its not an attack on any tribe or minority, it is simply a measure of a protection for future yoruba generations so no one should take it the wrong way. There are countries that allow poor and jobless entry into their country for a better life (ex. US) Then there are countries who only prefer to allow expats and professionals (ex. Japan). I am for the latter. I hope that answers your question.

8 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
If the Itsekiri's say that they are not Yoruba's, then they are not Yoruba. Let us respect thier decision

Please I beg you remove Arogbo Ijaw from your equation. Apologies to Omoyele Sowere and the few noble Arogbo Ijaw guys, but majority of them are Militants. I am even of the opinion that Ese-Odo LG of Ondo be carved to Delta State.

Ajakpa, Mile II Zion, Bolowo, Akotogbo, Egede-Igbene, Zion Church etc are all den of Miitants. Those criminals will give us trouble if we include in our prospective Yoruba Country.

I don't agree with removing Ese-odo local government.. Ilaje is a yoruba sub-group. People like Seyi law (comedian) are ilajes

Don't you think a possibility of having an homogeneous yoruba nation with a well defined structure will solve your militancy fears?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by wristbangle: 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Lol, Egbon mi, MasterChen is actually here on this thread but in another form. I leave you to decipher that yourself grin. (But e dey always dey d other side wella (yorubaparapo) grin

Lol I know the form he has taken wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
Olu317:
Are you saying because, some Arugbo descendants are a notorious, we should ignore them? The militancy you so mentioned isn't different from some street gangster like the ones troubling Ikorodu. We can contain every one within Yoruba enclave, Who isn't law abiding. And on the Itsekiri case, I don't believe in forceful subjugation. And if they seem good with their Niger delta, then no problem. I am only stating the evidence on ground.
You are mistaken a Herbal concoction for a vegetable soup.

The Ijaw Militancy in Lagos-Ogun-Ondo is much more than the activities of street gangster. Theirs is an insurgency against the Yoruba people in particular and the Nigerian State in general.

In what appears to be a shift from a guerilla campaign to conventional combat, the Ijaw Militants are now capturing and holding on to territories in Yorubaland. Few weeks ago, Igbeyin Island at Ijebu Waterside was sacked, and is currently under the occupation of Ijaw Militants whose aim is to completely capture Makun Omi, Ode Omi and beyond

If the threat of the Ijaw Militants is not urgently checkmated, the whole of Ijebu Waterside will fall before the Harmattan season.

Dont forget that the aducted pupils of the State Model College Igbonla, Epe, are still in their captivity since last month

9 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Omofunaab2:

I don't agree with removing Ese-odo local government.. Ilaje is a yoruba sub-group. People like Seyi law (comedian) are ilajes

Don't you think a possibility of having an homogeneous yoruba nation with a well defined structure will solve your militancy fears?
Ilaje LG is different from Ese-Odo LG. The Atlantic Ocean and Crude Oil Deposit in Ondo is situated in Ilaje. Ese-Odo is where the Ijaws are found in the state.

Years ago, the Ijaws at Ese-Odo wanted to take over Ilaje. The Ilaje's fiercely resisted them in a bloody battle at Aiyetoro before former Presidet Obasanjo ordered the Soldiers to intervene and bombard Alabere

I insist that the Ijaws have no place in an independent Yoruba country. They are all inclined to militancy.

5 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by ehinmowo: 11:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
deedeedee1:

Nigeria will disintegrate

make I borrow u sledge?
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 11:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Ilaje LG is different from Ese-Odo LG. At a time the Ijaws at Ese-Odo wanted to take over Ilaje. The Ilaje's fiercely resisted them in a bloody battle at Aiyetoro before former Presidet Obasanjo ordered the Soldiers to intervene and bombard Alabere

Oh, i thought we had ilajes too occupying Ese-odo local government
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by seanet01: 12:04am On Jul 03, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Ilaje LG is different from Ese-Odo LG. The Atlantic Ocean and Crude Oil Deposit in Ondo is situated in Ilaje. Ese-Odo is where the Ijaws are found in the state.

Years ago, the Ijaws at Ese-Odo wanted to take over Ilaje. The Ilaje's fiercely resisted them in a bloody battle at Aiyetoro before former Presidet Obasanjo ordered the Soldiers to intervene and bombard Alabere

I insist that the Ijaws have no place in an independent Yoruba country. They are all inclined to militancy.
No sir.
The Ijaws in Ese Odo local government migrated there and were accommodated there by indigenous Yorubas.
If we are no carve out such people, we only need to deport them and not carve out our own land.
Though majority of Ese Odo people are indigenous Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 12:20am On Jul 03, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

You have my support for minister of homeland security. Ko si omo na cheesy
Lols! And mine!

4 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 12:25am On Jul 03, 2017
MrMaestro:

Agreed, but honestly, there will have to be tough decisions that need to be made. Including deporting most (maybe not all) of those that are not yoruba, even if they're perfectly law abiding. This is a decision that needs to be made in the beginning. I don't think you understand the amount of non yoruba residents in the southwest. We don't want another Nigeria situation. Our forefathers failed to steer us away from this path in Nigeria, knowing this fact, we must do what is necessary to ensure without a shadow of a doubt that the nation remains an unquestionably yoruba nation for decades to come. To do this we must make these tough choices to prevent future generations from having to deal with more difficult situations in a multi ethnic society, similar to what we're dealing with now.
I agree

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 12:29am On Jul 03, 2017
Olu317:
Are you saying because, some Arugbo descendants are a notorious, we should ignore them? The militancy you so mentioned isn't different from some street gangster like the ones troubling Ikorodu. We can contain every one within Yoruba enclave, Who isn't law abiding. And on the Itsekiri case, I don't believe in forceful subjugation. And if they seem good with their Niger delta, then no problem. I am only stating the evidence on ground.
Those ijaw guys murdered many of our people ikorodu and arepo last year.
They dont like us. See what jonathan did in his regime. How many yorubas where included in his administration? See what asari dokubo says about Yoruba people.
Anything Ijaw must not be allowed in our midst.
They should all Bleep off!!!

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 12:32am On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

Hmmn.... with all due respect, would this measure not be too drastic? shocked There are people from minority groups like myself, who have lived, worked and studied in the SW region for years. I even know a few people who are not Yoruba, but are so assimilated into the Yoruba culture, that they are even alienated from their own paternal culture. Some of their maternal grandparents can trace their origins to border towns within the SW region. Would they be deported too? This needs a lot of careful thought & consideration... undecided
You should understand the tribe he is talking about. The ones that call our land a no man's land.

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by laudate: 12:34am On Jul 03, 2017
deedeedee1:
You should understand the tribe he is talking about. The ones that call our land a no man's land.
Noted, thanks. wink

4 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 12:36am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Oh, i thought we had ilajes too occupying Ese-odo local government
Even if we do, they should form a country with minorities in the south. Anything ijaw should be forbidden.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 1:07am On Jul 03, 2017
deedeedee1:

Even if we do, they should form a country with minorities in the south. Anything ijaw should be forbidden.

Are you aware the lands belongs to yorubas? And ijaws are migrants?

Why can't we chase the Ijaws in Ese-Odo out and retain our lands?

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by TimeMod1: 1:08am On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

You have a point. Folks like us would become 'visitors' or 'strangers', if that policy of non-Yorubas in the SW region is enforced, despite our length of stay and years of residence in places like Lagos.
Lol, You wey don become Yoruba finish. You even sabi Yoruba pass many Yoruba people sef
No wahala for you bro . You go swear an affidavit bearing our citizenship. There'd be a provision for dual citizenship. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by laudate: 1:34am On Jul 03, 2017
TimeMod1:
Lol, You wey don become Yoruba finish. You even sabi Yoruba pass many Yoruba people sef
No wahala for you bro . You go swear an affidavit bearing our citizenship. There'd be a provision for dual citizenship. cheesy
Ba-aa-ad boy! wink I can't speak the language, but I know all the cuss words! Na from clapping, na im dance dey start! cool

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by seanet01: 1:37am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Are you aware the lands belongs to yorubas? And ijaws are migrants?

Why can't we chase the Ijaws in Ese-Odo out and retain our lands?
We will chase them out noni

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by seanet01: 1:45am On Jul 03, 2017
There will be a free entry and exit into Oduduwa Republic for all Edos, Urhobos, Itsekiris, Isokos and Ebira people.
All Yorubas of Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana, Brazil and Caribbean countries will have the right to enter Yorubaland at any point and time provided they are not married to a country whose indigenous people have called our land "no man's land" at any point.
Yoruba in this context means you were born by a Yoruba father from any of the afforementioned countries and where you were born by a Yoruba mother, your father must not in any way be related to any country whose indigenous people are known​ to have worked against the interest of Yorubaland at any time.

5 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 03, 2017
If we are going to be selective by extending automatic Yoruba-pass to Laudate, why do we not just extend to the other Yorubanized people from the over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria? Better still, why do we not just remain in Nigeria rather than rack brains over what a Yoruba state would be like.

Yes, we may have soft spots for folks we have bonded or have relations with but this is about Yoruba as a nation, its interest takes precedence. Our forefathers made a mistake with political correctness, sophistication of accommodation and being blinded the 'cuteness' of people being 'Yorubanized' a la Azikwe Nnamdi & his NCNC crop of Igbo loyalist who were creeping over institutions in the southwest like yam leaves.

Please, matters surrounding Laudate & people like him would have to take the back seat or they may have to go first. This is Africa not USA, adopting other people's culture still does not bring you into the fold. Heck, children with one of their parents being from certain parts in Yoruba land are cut out of scheme of things by certain parts in the same Yoruba land; children whose Yoruba parent got married to a non Yoruba parent are seen differently in family matters -- what then is the person who took interest in another man's culture and left his father's?

I won't lay things bare but Yoruba has a lot of cleavages within itself to level out first in the case of being an independent state. We cannot have so much family baggages to sort out then slap in matters of outsiders abeg.

Yoruba as a nation is not culturally fluid. To be Yoruba is not by eating the food, speaking the language with accent or having abetiaja glued to the scalp. It goes beyond that and it begins with ile-baba. Has anyone ever wondered by our fathers instituted the ebi system? Have you ever wondered its contributions to the sustainment of the nation? The closest thing to a metropolitan type of stuff we had where everyone could come in to integrate was Ibadan and every (family) compound in Ibadan traces its root to another compound elsewhere.

We need to be very pragmatic. This should be about correcting all mistakes of the past and also blending all sub-sections together to prevent old frictions. Something Yorubanized foreigners may harp on to give us problems.

Yoruba r'onu; forget sophistication and political correctness. Make Baba Awo your guide for our development but make Baba SL Akintola your guide in putting Yoruba first especially when dealing with foreigners, Yorubanized or not.

5 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by TimeMod1: 1:58am On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

Ba-aa-ad boy! wink I can't speak the language, but I know all the cuss words! Na from clapping, na im dance dey start! cool
Hahaha!!. You no chop soup but you sabi lick plate, if you lick plate you don chop food be that. cheesy
If you sabi all the cuss words, you don sabi speak am. Fluency follows naturally but the cuss is the koko. That's the major start point. grin

4 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by laudate: 2:05am On Jul 03, 2017
Obaluf0n:
If we are going to be selective by extending automatic Yoruba-pass to Laudate, why do we not just extend to the other Yorubanized people from the over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria? Better still, why do we not just remain in Nigeria rather than rack brains over what a Yoruba state would be like.

Yes, we may have soft spots for folks we have bonded or have relations with but this is about Yoruba as a nation, its interest takes precedence. Our forefathers made a mistake with political correctness, sophistication of accommodation and being blinded the 'cuteness' of people being 'Yorubanized' a la Azikwe Nnamdi & his NCNC crop of Igbo loyalist who were creeping over institutions in the southwest like yam leaves.

Please, matters surrounding Laudate & people like him would have to take the back seat or they may have to go first. This is Africa not USA, adopting other people's culture still does not bring you into the fold. Heck, children with one of their parents being from certain parts in Yoruba land are cut out of scheme of things by certain parts in the same Yoruba land; children whose Yoruba parent got married to a non Yoruba parent are seen differently in family matters -- what then is the person who took interest in another man's culture and left his father's?

I won't lay things bare but Yoruba has a lot of cleavages within itself to level out first in the case of being an independent state. We cannot have so much family baggages to sort out then slap in matters of outsiders abeg.

Yoruba as a nation is not culturally fluid. To be Yoruba is not by eating the food, speaking the language with accent or having abetiaja glued to the scalp. It goes beyond that and it begins with ile-baba. Has anyone ever wondered by our fathers instituted the ebi system? Have you ever wondered its contributions to the sustainment of the nation? The closest thing to a metropolitan type of stuff we had where everyone could come in to integrate was Ibadan and every (family) compound in Ibadan traces its root to another compound elsewhere.

We need to be very pragmatic. This should be about correcting all mistakes of the past and also blending all sub-sections together to prevent old frictions. Something Yorubanized foreigners may harp on to give us problems.

Yoruba r'onu; forget sophistication and political correctness. Make Baba Awo your guide for our development but make Baba SL Akintola your guide in putting Yoruba first especially when dealing with foreigners, Yorubanized or not.
Don't worry, we understand you very well. smiley Even the part left unsaid, can be decoded. wink Everyone is quite comfortable waiting for your group to brainstorm, deliberate and thrash out this delicate issue extensively among yourselves, before coming to a conclusion. None of us are in a hurry. We respect your views. Even Baba Awo had close aides like Pa Rewane in his inner caucus, and chose Odia Ofeimun as a personal secretary. So please take your time regarding this issue. Wishing you all the best. Peace. undecided and thank you.

P.S: I will not lie, though. sad I found this part of your post, a rather difficult pill to swallow. But I want to believe that you wrote it, as you felt it - because you were trying to make a point, and not to cause any hard feelings. Non-Yoruba folks like us are quite comfortable in our own minority ethnic skin, and our due regard for your kith & kin stems from long interactions over the years. But no stress, sha.
Obaluf0n:

3 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by laudate: 2:06am On Jul 03, 2017
seanet01:
There will be a free entry and exit into Oduduwa Republic for all Edos, Urhobos, Itsekiris, Isokos and Ebira people.
All Yorubas of Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana, Brazil and Caribbean countries will have the right to enter Yorubaland at any point and time provided they are not married to a country whose indigenous people have called our land "no man's land" at any point.
Yoruba in this context means you were born by a Yoruba father from any of the afforementioned countries and where you were born by a Yoruba mother, your father must not in any way be related to any country whose indigenous people are known​ to have worked against the interest of Yorubaland at any time.

We know dem! cheesy wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by 9jakool: 2:27am On Jul 03, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
You are mistaken a Herbal concoction for a vegetable soup.

The Ijaw Militancy in Lagos-Ogun-Ondo is much more than the activities of street gangster. Theirs is an insurgency against the Yoruba people in particular and the Nigerian State in general.

In what appears to be a shift from a guerilla campaign to conventional combat, the Ijaw Militants are now capturing and holding on to territories in Yorubaland. Few weeks ago, Igbeyin Island at Ijebu Waterside was sacked, and is currently under the occupation of Ijaw Militants whose aim is to completely capture Makun Omi, Ode Omi and beyond

If the threat of the Ijaw Militants is not urgently checkmated, the whole of Ijebu Waterside will fall before the Harmattan season.

Dont forget that the aducted pupils of the State Model College Igbonla, Epe, are still in their captivity since last month
You know the ijaw, wherever the water flows, they follow. What in the world concern Ijaw with Ijebu? Every Ijaw militancy element must be eliminated completely from Yorubaland. The Ijaw militancy used to be confined to Ondo state, now it's spread to Ogun and Lagos state. Due to the immigration nature of Ijaw, I even question the claim to Ese odo as it's completely cut off from the Ijaw mainstream by Yoruba and Edo people.

3 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deomelo: 2:37am On Jul 03, 2017
Yoruba people have a constitution, but I don't think this is the secret and original one drafted by Bola Ige and Gani Fawehinmi and Co.

Funy how Yoruba people have their own constitution to set in motion anytime Nigeria kpafuka, but the so-called chest beaters have nothing but akpu breath with all their decades of Biafra noise. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by 9jakool: 2:56am On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

Don't worry, you have little to worry about. wink I thought you were Yoruba from the way you have conducted yourself. People who contribute to the development of Yoruba are welcome.

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Probz(m): 3:30am On Jul 03, 2017
9jakool:

Don't worry, you have little to worry about. wink I thought you were Yoruba from the way you have conducted yourself. People who contribute to the development of Yoruba are welcome.
He hides under the cloak of an anonymous ethnic group. No one knows what he is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply)

Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) / Checkout This Hilarious Caption That Accompanies This Photo Of Buhari & Atiku / Gunmen Opened Fire In Bayelsa House Of Assembly [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.