Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1318034 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Vulcanheph(m): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2019
Centino:

a

grin

k

so wam eyenuka smiley
Ami Cr
Afo uyeneke mfana...
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Gleefreak125(m): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
Now I'm glad to be here. Really took my time and it was worth it. This is indeed a beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing what goes on in that great mind of yours with us all. God bless you. Centino, you have paid your dues. You deserve bountiful remuneration from this great work you've put out. You've been consistent for 2 years and yet people still want more even as you say there's more from the pool whence this comes from. All these you did for free. I'm not the writer yet I can tell you the work it takes to read your work. How much more you who'd think, write and proof-read. I can imagine there are certain times you'd have written a piece and a different and better idea pops up which you'd need to incorporate into the work. Man you're blessed. You deserve all the best you can get from this great work and many more. Lots has been said and I need not say much to avoid unnecessary repetition (even with the mini epistle). grin
Bro, you won't fail, Katakata won't fail and this giant stride you took is the beginning of great things to come in the mighty name of Jesus. I'm off to Katakata Street to continue and I'm glad it has all that one need to support the ministry. grin
I'm still tryna find my way out there. I hope I don't burst into Agbonyibo or Mama Akunna. grin
Keep soaring Centino.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by BankyGee(m): 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2019
Gleefreak125:
Now I'm glad to be here. Really took my time and it was worth it. This is indeed a beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing what goes on in that great mind of yours with us all. God bless you. Centino, you have paid your dues. You deserve bountiful remuneration from this great work you've put out. You've been consistent for 2 years and yet people still want more even as you say there's more from the pool whence this comes from. All these you did for free. I'm not the writer yet I can tell you the work it takes to read your work. How much more you who'd think, write and proof-read. I can imagine there are certain times you'd have written a piece and a different and better idea pops up which you'd need to incorporate into the work. Man you're blessed. You deserve all the best you can get from this great work and many more. Lots has been said and I need not say much to avoid unnecessary repetition (even with the mini epistle). grin
Welcome To Katakata Street Hermano grin

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
Lordinit:

All correct. But look at it this way:Centino was out to entertain in the first place and not to make money.
He now trended. Same way Facebook started. Then if he wants to make money, no big deal. Life itself is a risk. People will flourish even in the times of famine.
And if Centino website fails, Centino is not a failure. For now one the greatest writer I have read on naira land.

Very well said bro. Thank you.

Luckily, Wadewaltz is now on our side. Even advertising katakatastreet.com on his siggy.

I appreciate you all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2019
Gleefreak125:
Bro, you won't fail, Katakata won't fail and this giant stride you took is the beginning of great things to come in the mighty name of Jesus. I'm off to Katakata Street to continue and I'm glad it has all that one need to support the ministry. grin
I'm still tryna find my way out there. I hope I don't burst into Agbonyibo or Mama Akunna. grin
Keep soaring Centino.

Thanks for the kind words bro. Amen to the prayer. Still counting on y'all to make this work. I'll continue to do my part. And yes, you can support the ministry grin Agbonyibo and Mama Akunna are banned from your path grin

katakatastreet.com bookmark it.

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by princessConfy(f): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
centino I've been trying to log in but its not connecting. what's the issue na... congratulations on your new achievement I'm so happy for you.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
princessConfy:
centino I've been trying to log in but its not connecting. what's the issue na... congratulations on your new achievement I'm so happy for you.

Hey princess, been looking out for you. Use chrome browser. Two updates already you need to see.

This takes you directly to the first one https://katakatastreet.com/2019/03/18/testing/

Lemme know how it goes.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Gleefreak125(m): 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
Centino:

Thanks for the kind words bro. Amen to the prayer. Still counting on y'all to make this work. I'll continue to do my part. And yes, you can support the ministry grin Agbonyibo and Mama Akunna are banned from your path grin

katakatastreet.com bookmark it.
Trust me, I did already. I've visited the page and I love what I see a lot. You really have put so much into that website. Kudos bro.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by princessConfy(f): 9:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
Centino:

Hey princess, been looking out for you. Use chrome browser. Two updates already you need to see.

This takes you directly to the first one https://katakatastreet.com/2019/03/18/testing/

Lemme know how it goes.

thanks, wanted to surprise you. I've read it already.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2019
ONE NIGHT WITH EVAE now published.

Updates are now as the spirit leads. But Sunday’s still sure.

We have also started free adverts. Click on the advert notice and follow instructions. Or you can find it in the menu pane.

Now go and enjoy the continuation of the saga.

https://katakatastreet.com/2019/03/23/one-night-with-evae/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Rhayne(f): 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
Just read that update... OMG.. centino, please don't say he swung the machete at her neck... mbok

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by wizsolzy(m): 5:24pm On Mar 23, 2019
Oga Centino nae be say we must buy before we read for that ur site so
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2019
wizsolzy:
Oga Centino nae be say we must buy before we read for that ur site so

No.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by HelenBee(f): 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2019
I can't comment on the site...

5 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
HelenBee:

Is your browser chrome?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by nnamdiosu(m): 9:41pm On Mar 23, 2019
HelenBee:

What error do you see?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
Well done Boss
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:19am On Mar 24, 2019
BLOOD MESSAGE

Mama Cowbell was the first to see it. She was out early to cook her rice when she smelled the blood and pointed her torch at Agbonyibo’s shop.

Your blood my blood I’m coming, inscribed in fresh dripping animal blood.

“Aiye mi o!” she screamed and ran back into the compound. She went to her room and shook her husband, but it was no use. Nothing would wake him up before 10 am having just turned in after his night watch duty. Next, Mama Cowbell banged on Josiah’s door, the nearest one to hers.

“Who is that? What is it?” Josiah said from within as he scrambled into a pair of shorts.

“Come see! Come see!”

Josiah jumped out and followed behind Mama Cowbell who got to the shop row and pointed from a distance.

Your blood my blood I’m coming.

Daybreak met compound members gathered in front of the shop and viewing the inscription as if it was actual dead bodies hanging from the wall.

“What is this one now?” Mr. Zubi said.

“It’s a threat.”

“From Agbonyibo.”

“Obviously.”

“Is he going to come and massacre us? Like, shoot everybody like that madman in New Zealand the other day? I don’t understand?”

“When you see him, you ask him.”

“Your blood my blood I’m coming. No punctuation. He did not even write it in good English.” It was Akunna. He finally made an appearance after weeks of being reclusive. Compound members only saw him returning from the market with plenty of food and whiskey where he stayed indoors and knocked himself out every day. He had also bought a new generating set and kept himself busy watching television.

“He doesn’t need to write it in Queen’s English. The message is clear. He threatens us with death.”

“I don’t want to die,” Josiah said.

“We here we want to die. In fact, death is hungrying us. What we should be talking about is what to do about this, instead, you are saying what we already know.”

“My mother called me from the village last week and said she was seeing dead bodies in her dream.”

“Please keep quiet.”

“Alright. We will take a picture of this and go and lodge a complaint at the station. We know who we suspect. We will also use that opportunity to report Achike’s rape.

“Una think to say gun him wan take come shoot una?” It was Mama Akunna. She too was back home from the hospital and was living peacefully with her son again.

“What do you think Mama?”

“Una no see as dat man take juju lie for my head say I thief money? Una never know by now say na winch him be?”

They all looked at each other. The stealing spectacle surely worried them. Josephine also remembered that Mama Akunna was clinically dead by her examination and the man brought her back to life.

Then sister Esther spoke: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of power, and love, and of sound mind. Brethren we will call on Yahwey, he will fight for us. Report to police in case he brings guns, and I will report to the most high if he comes with his blood-sucking demons. Neighbors fear not! Tonight we will have a vigil in this compound.”

Nothing dey happen – Tubaba,” Mr. Kingsley said.

Ndifreke met Maya in a squatting position beside her mother on the corridor. Mama Tobi’s eyes were now as bright as a cat’s at night. She was looking from one direction to another, seeing what others could not.

“Agbonyibo,” she said. “Agonyibo what have you done to me! Stop her, stop her, get her out of here.” Mama Tobi was pointing at emptiness in the corridor as far as the others could see.

“Agbonyibo again?” Ndifreke said, and then he turned to Maya.

“What happened?”

“My mother is seeing people we cannot see. She is not well.”

“Who told you I am not well? Find me Agbonyibo. Just find me Agbonyibo.”

By this time neighbors had begun to gather. Someone said “This one is also Agbonyibo’s fault? It must be because of Agbonyibo that that school building collapsed on Lagos Island.”

“Don’t make fun with that. Children died there.”

“I am not making fun of it. I am just saying, somebody stole, Agbonyibo shows up with magic. We are flighting konji, Agbonyibo’s daughter shows up with open breasts, sombody’s anus is leaking, Agbonyibo was there. Blood on the wall, the same Agbonyibo. Now Mama Tobi’s head has turned, it is still Agbonyibo that is fingered. What sort of onmipresent Agbonyibo is this?”

“At least let her speak. We know we cannot underestimate that man.”

“He holds the antidote. He knows what he did to me?”

“Did he rape you too?” Someone said.

“Get him! Get him o!” Mama Tobi cried.

“Maya, we have to take her to the hospital.” Ndifreke said.

“What hospital?”

“Yaba left.”

“My God!”

“What am I going to do?” Maya said and burst into tears.

Ndifreke pulled her away from within her mother’s earshot.

“You are right that it is the onset of mental illness. We don’t have much choice but to take her to the psychiatric hospital.”

“No one in my family has ever been to the psychiatric hospital.”

“Come on Maya, you only go there if you need to.”

“Madness is not in my family.”

“But you just came and said you needed help for your mother. I am saying we take her to where she can be helped and…”

“Oh Ndi!” Maya said and held him in an embrace. It felt awkward because he was wearing only boxers. Ndifreke could see Tobi’s venomous eyes on them, and a few others chuckled excitedly, even though Maya was clearly shaken and only wanted the comfort of her man. He gently unlocked her from himself and said: “I know how it seems but it is what we must do.”

Sister Esther showed up and said “This is an attack. The blood of Jesus!” and others chorused “The blood of Jesus.”

And so they began to pray. Ndifreke snuck away to go and wear more clothes. By the time he returned, the praying had subsided to a few solemn murmurs. Mama Tobi rested her head on Maya’s bosom.

“Ndi she is calm now. I think it is spiritual. Let us manage her till after the vigil tonight. I will not leave her side.”

Ndifreke wanted to be with Maya. But he knew he dared not let his feeling show. He was about to turn to leave when Maya’s phone rang. She looked at him for a few seconds before she picked up.

“She is better now. Yes sir, she is calm. No, you don’t need to come anymore, I got someone to help. Okay, sir. Thank you, sir.”

Ndifreke glared at her. Maya averted her eyes. She already called Jonjo. She called Jonjo!

Dozie told his grandmother everything.

“So Agbonyibo made it possible for her to see you.”

“Yes.”

“That means she knows the truth of how I got to know about the money.”

“Yes. She has seen me. She knows I am not an infant. What do you think will happen now?”

“They have to find Agbonyibo or take her to another witch doctor.”

“But they are having a vigil here tonight.”

“That should work but the people are too rotten and their faith levels no where. If they were any good collectivey they could make something happen.”

“So are we waiting around to see if the prayers will work?”

“No way. We are going to Iddo till very late. There is new ogogoro arriving. I want to be there when it arrives. It’s a nice place to cool off at that motorpark with those village traders. Sometimes it is good for us to also meet colleagues in the flesh.

“Alright. So when do I start drinking ogogoro? I have waited long enough.”

“You organs are still that of an infant. It cannot cope.”

“Small, just small please.”

“Alright, I will give you some this evening.”

“Did you hear of another building collapse in Ibadan?”

“Added to the heartwrenching one here in Lagos.”

“And last week also the Ethiopian plane crashed. Why deos God allow such to happen ehn, Cosmas? How can there be God and such bad things happen? Who will console those families?”

“The Lord made the world and put in it his natural laws that are inexorable. These laws work automatically without the Almighty making per second inputs. Every action, every event, and every happening occurs as effects of these laws. You may not like to hear it but everyone in those buildings was supposed to be there at that time. Everyone in that airplane was also supposed to be in it at that time. The laws ensured that all those whose time it was to exit this earth and in that manner found themselves on that flight. Those who needed the experiences of dying or surviving the collapsed building all were brought together by the laws so that they meet with their “destinies”. It doesn’t mean that what has happened to them is necessarily bad, though as humans we grieve.

"The major religions believe in life after death and heaven, don’t they? As comedians will say, everybody wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die. Paul said in Romans 14:8 Whether we live, we live unto the Lord, and whether we die, we die unto the Lord, whether we live or we die we are the Lord’s. The Quran states “Allah causes you to live then causes you to die; then he will assemble you on the day of the resurrection Verse(45:26).” So while we grieve, it may be that these ones are in a better place and will be wondering what the fuss is all about here on earth! We are told the streets of heaven are paved in gold. Is that not a better place than our roads here where they have embezzled the money meant for their rehabilitation, with not even ordinary coal tar on them? It is a place of Joyful activity where beings swing in the will of the Almighty. Some of those dead people if they could return, would come and punch your grieving mouths shut because they are now better off than they were before. When you die on earth, you are born into another plane where people there celebrate your arrival as much as we celebrate a newborn baby here; and depending on how you have lived, it could be a much better place.”

“So that means they are not resting in one place as we believe.”

“It is an ignorant assertion when we wish the dead to rest in peace. What are they resting for? Do you know the kind of gbedu that goes on there? And for those who need to continue to work to cast off their faults, if they are resting, how will they do that? Hear me, my people, life on earth is not the be all. In Isaiah 40:15 we are told that all the nations are like a drop in a bucket. The universe is so vast with other planes and other beings living and swinging in the will of the Almighty that if we understood that we won’t make too much of life and death here on earth.

"So, when your loved ones die, please do not wish them to rest in peace. Instead, wish them Godspeed and the grace to find their way to where they are going to.”

“So that means that as Agbonyio wants to come and kill us now, he is paving the way for us to go to heaven?”

“If your time to go to heaven has come, you will go irrespective of how you die.”

“Na wa o. So all this one Atiku is desperate to be president, maybe if he even dies sef, he can become president in another part of the universe where there is no Tinubu and Buhari to stop him.”

“Did you hear that even though the court said he should be given access to election materials for a forensic audit, INEC refused to give to him?”
“I told you INEC was corrupt. Governor Rochas claims that each APC governor bribed its leadership with 1 billion naira each to rig for Buhari.”
“Chai. All that because they did not give him a certificate of return!”

“Why would they give him when he forced the returning officer to announce a fake result?”

“And his son in law was also not elected Governor. That is another joining Akpabio in political oblivion.”

As they spoke, a DINA truck pulled up and Josiah alighted. He did not look at anyone or even say a greeting. He proceeded with the help of the truck driver and his assistant to remove his things from his room and also from his shop and loaded everything in the truck. He then walked up to the gathering and said “Gentlemen, it was nice sharing my life with you guys these past five years. But eh…I need to go now.”

“You are running away Josiah! Already!”

“Call it whatever you want.”

“Cosmas said Agbonyibo killing us will just pave the way for us to return to heaven.”

“Enjoy your trip all of you. I am an only son.”

Later that night, Sister Esther’s church prayer band was on hand to support the cast of 225 Katakata Street in prayer. Everyone came out. Mama Tobi was in her daughter’s arms, seated on the front row and avoiding looking in any direction other than the face of the officiating pastor.

And so the casting and binding began. Ndifreke was distracted because of his worries. His eyes were not always closed, which was why he was the first to notice the unexpected person that snuck into the gathering, lifting holy hands.

TO BE CONTINUED....If you can't wait, go to https://katakatastreet.com/2019/03/20/the-hawk-and-the-canary/ for the continuation.

You will find mre than one update on the site.The newest is always the first on the blog list. Start from bottom to top.

8 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by shubby2010(m): 8:01am On Mar 24, 2019
Centino:
ONE NIGHT WITH EVAE now published.

Updates are now as the spirit leads. But Sunday’s still sure.

We have also started free adverts. Click on the advert notice and follow instructions. Or you can find it in the menu pane.

Now go and enjoy the continuation of the saga.

https://katakatastreet.com/2019/03/23/one-night-with-evae/
Oga Centino, I subscribed to the email notification, yet didn't get any until I came to this thread.
Am I the only one experiencing this?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:06am On Mar 24, 2019
shubby2010:

Oga Centino, I subscribed to the email notification, yet didn't get any until I came to this thread.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll have that checked out. Beginning things grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kaycee9242(m): 11:03am On Mar 24, 2019
shubby2010:

no it's happening to me also
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Evold: 11:35am On Mar 24, 2019
I'm ghosting on the site.
Don't worry I will use dragon balls to wish back my nairaland moniker on the site. grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:43am On Mar 24, 2019
Evold:
I'm ghosting on the site.
Don't worry I will use dragon balls to wish back my nairaland moniker on the site. grin

You could register your nairaland moniker as well. More than half the commenters still on their NL monikers.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:44am On Mar 24, 2019
Kaycee9242:

We’ll fix it don’t worry. But as promised, updates will be pretty regular now so don’t stop checking. I’m incentivized grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Curare: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
Centino.

Centino..

Centino...

Come, how many times I call you?!?!

Stop posting the story here. angry sad
You have moved on, it is natural.
2 years down the line, I think this place has run its course. You don try.
Reply comments, mention users, post the link, datsall.
Nairaland go dey ok without you, now you go and do fine for yourself as well.
Cheers! smiley

15 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2019
shubby2010:

We’ve fixed that now. Unfortunately you will have to resubscribe. My apologies.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2019
Kaycee9242:

Pls resubscribe bro. We’ve changed to a better more reliable system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by paafin(m): 9:12pm On Mar 24, 2019
No update on your site today, Oga Centino..

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2019
centino!!!!
Are you not going to update katakata street on your blog today

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by shubby2010(m): 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
Centino:

We’ve fixed that now. Unfortunately you will have to resubscribe. My apologies.
Thanks. Would do that now

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 25, 2019
mabebe1:

I visit Oyinprince's site regularly........the guy is doing very good...... consistency is key
shut up. oyin is never consistent , all thise stories are submitted to him . he doesn't update his own stories regularly .. am speaking from experience, imagine using more than 3 years to finish a story

#team tarasha2

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by HazardMan(m): 5:06am On Mar 25, 2019
The story was worth the wait

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.