Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1321632 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
FIGHTING BACK

Josephine found that she did not feel any better after speaking with Mama Akunna. She could feel her mocking eyes behind her as she stood and left the room. Her last words did not give her any comfort. Wasiu going to Apapa to “carry asewo” were not words to make her overcome her trauma. Josephine decided that there was no use becoming paranoid or seeking to fault anybody for anything. She brought this upon herself, and she had to find a way to live with it if she was going to continue living at number 225 Katakata street.

She got to her door and stopped. The only thing she discussed with Mama Akunna was Wasiu spilling. They did not discuss the possibility of his returning for more, which was more than a possibility given Wasiu’s criminal tendencies. Lord! She gasped. She decided to go back to tell Mama to warn him against such a thought.

She was jarred by the sound of their laughter as she got to Mama Akunna’s door. It was not even two minutes since she left and Wasiu was already back with the old woman. And why were they laughing like that? Her heart did a double take when she heard what they were saying. “No mind de yeye gal. E come dey cry say you fvck am. "Wasiu come my room come fvck me hehehe’. I come dey tink for my mind say ‘de tin no sweet you?”

“Mama if you see de way she give me de nyash….”

Josephine felt her head spinning. But she was quick to collect herself and return to her room. She lay supine for her while as her heart rate normalized. She was surprised that she no longer felt any emotions. She would not cry. She was naïve to believe Mama Akunna would be any better than Wasiu. Didn’t birds of a feather flock together? Witch or no witch, she was clearly a reprobate old hag who deserved all the hate she was getting in the compound.

Josephine then considered her options. Her boyfriend had always wanted her to move in with him. She could pack an overnight bag and go with him when he visited that evening, or she could even leave now to his place, become scarce. By the time they saw her again things would have eased off. That, however, was not the option she needed. She prided herself as an independent woman. Running to a man’s house following a mess she brought upon herself would represent a new low for her. No. She would not run away. Instead, she would stay and stand up to her molesters. But to do this she needed help. And she knew just who to turn for that.

Maya sat on the balcony gazing at the sky. She had become even more reserved since the loss of the pregnancy. Her family largely ignored her. You would have thought that her mother regretted that Maya lost the pregnancy, because post-pregnancy, she decidedly let Maya be while she continued to toil at her fufu business. Her siblings, also unsure how to deal with her, followed their mother’s lead and left Maya alone. That morning, she was again preoccupied with thought when nurse Josephine appeared at her side.

“Can I talk to you Maya?”

“No.”

“Please.”

“Why?”

“I need your help.”

“You don’t need my help nurse.”

“I want to talk to Ndifreke and I need you to help me.”

Maya now looked her squarely in the face and said: “what is that supposed to mean?”

“Ndifreke is your man. He will pay no attention to me.”

“Nurse. Two days ago, you two were almost having sex right there in the open. You both knew I could see you yet you sat there unashamedly doing whatever it was you were doing. And now you say you can’t talk to him? Is he tired of you already?”

“Nothing happened, Maya. That was the day I found out that he was yours and yours alone.”

“Please leave me alone I beg you.”

“Ndifreke loves you Maya.”

“See where that got me.”

“Please, Maya.”

“I have left him for you nurse. Now please let me be.”

“I was raped in this compound. I know the person. I cannot confront him. I want to talk to Ndifreke about it.”

At that, Maya immediately thawed.

“That’s terrible, nurse. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay Maya. Now, will you help me?”

“I want to just that I have no idea how I am supposed to. Have you considered going to the police?”

“I could, but first I have to talk to a man I can trust. If I were to go and report, I wouldn’t want to go alone. I will be mocked.”

“How about your boyfriend?”

“Donie will die if he knew another man touched me. He always wanted me to move in with him and I refused. This will be too hard for him.”

“So you want Ndifreke to go with you.”

“If I go to the police, yes I will like him to be there. He is articulate. It would earn me some regard.”

“Why don’t you go to the council of elders? Mr Zubi, the chairman has everything you say Ndifreke has and more.”

“I don’t want to Maya. For personal reasons.”

“He likes you. Everyone knows that” Maya said. “It could even be to your advantage.”

“I may not go to the police. The way it is, I will like to know Ndifreke’s thoughts.”

“I don’t talk to him, nurse.”

“Why?”

“He broke my heart.”

“How?”

“He didn’t show himself to be man enough when I needed him to. He left me to suffer.”

“No, he didn’t. He could have done more if he were able. He borrowed to pay your bills.”

“It’s not about money nurse. I know he doesn’t have money. I was never with him for money.”

“Then what is it?”

“He showed himself to be too soft for me. He let my mother intimidate him. He didn’t try to see me for two weeks after my mother spoke harshly to him.”

“It’s his nature, Maya. Trust me, he suffered every day he did not see you.”

“I am not ready to talk to him.”

“Do you still love him?”

“Yes”

“Do you miss him?”

“I do.”

“Then why suffer? He is dying to talk to you. Why don’t you both just do the right thing and put yourselves out of this misery.”

“Nurse.”

“Yes.”

“Will you be honest with me?”

“Yes. I will do anything.”

“Did you sleep with him?”

“No.”

“Did he try to sleep with you?”

“No.”

“Is that the truth?”

“Yes, Maya.”

Maya searched Josephine’s eyes for about a minute and then pulled her into an embrace.

Ndifreke had just returned from the park with his brand new keke. At Irikefe’s suggestion, he took it to Papa Efe with a bottle of schnapps and Papa Efe said a prayer and poured some of the schnapps on the floor for the ancestors.

“It will be good with you.”

“Amen”

“It will not have accident.”

“You will not use it to carry dead body.”

“Amen”

“It will bring plenty money.”

“Amen”

“You will make money that you will use to buy Coaster bus from it.”

“Amen."

After the prayers, Papa Efe showed him where he would be parking the keke by the side of the building where it would be safe. Because he planned to start the business the following day Ndifreke invited Irikefe over to his room where he opened a bottle of wine for them to share.

“Bros Freke. I never saw you drink.”

“I have had a beer. Mr Cosmas and Mr Kingsley made me have it.”

“Wow, cool. But this is stronger you know. Beer just has a bad name.”

“I’m in the house. I’ll go to sleep if I am drunk. But I want to have that feeling. Finally, something good happens to me. I need to celebrate.”

Irikefe took the bottle from him and began to work the cork when they heard a knock on the door.

“Yes, come in.”

They did not expect to see Maya. A smiling Maya. Ndifreke was so pleased he shrieked with Joy.

“I came with someone,” she said. And then the curtain parted and nurse Josephine entered the room.

“What is going on here?” Ndifreke said, looking at the two women. The only reason he was calm was that they were cheerful, somewhat.

“Erm bros, I think I have to go,” Irikefe said.

“No. You are my guest. We have a celebration to do.”

“What are we celebrating?” Maya said.

“My Keke. I will start work with it tomorrow.”

Maya stayed silent for a while and contemplated it. Then she opened her arms and they embraced. It was long and deep and it brought tears to the eyes of the watching Josephine.

“Give me a glass too, Maya said. If you drink, I will drink.”

“Chai, see love!” Irikefe said. Nurse, love me too na.”

“You know I am not available.”

“Sorry, it’s only one bottle of wine. I wasn't expecting anyone else,” Ndifreke said. Thanks for bringing her nurse.”

“I had to. If I am not spoiling the celebration, I have a problem and I need help.”

Maya tapped Josephine and nodded towards Irikefe who was rummaging through the food locker for cups.

“It’s okay for Irikefe to stay. He will still hear. And I will prefer he heard from me first. Moreso he was the one that opened our eyes to the scum Mama Akunna was.”

Josephine then went ahead and told of how Wasiu stole into her room and raped her and how she found out that Mama Akunna was in on it.

Irikefe could not contain his anger.

“The bastard,” he said.

“Yes he is.”

“I don’t want to ask how he did it without you knowing or any resistance, because all you needed to do was shout and help would have arrived. It’s not like this is a block of flats.”

“Then don’t ask Irikefe. Clearly, she is hurt. If she could come here and tell us herself without feeling shame, then we cannot ask questions or second guess.”

“You’re right bros. I swear dem need to cut that guy preek. And that bloody Mama Akunna. Every bad thing in this compound is linked to her. You people should wait till she kills someone before you stand up to her.”

“So what are we going to do now?” Maya said.

“This is not nice, people. Wasiu will come back.”

“God forbid.”

“Let’s report him.”

“I don’t want to go and tell the police I was raped. If they ask the questions irikefe just asked, I will not be able to answer.”

“Who said I want us to report the rape? We are reporting his drug dealing. He needs to go back to kirikiri.”

“You know it is Mama Akunna that keeps the drugs for him.”

“Yes. Let them arrest her too. It is high time.”

“What if she outsmarts them and then turns on us?”

“Bros, I have said you should let us deal with Mama Akunna the one way that is sure to work. Instead, you went to Cosmas and he taught you pure heart. Now, where has the pure heart led you? Next, Sister Esther brought prayer warriors and they came here and shouted and shouted and poured gallons of olive oil everywhere and yet the old woman is still waxing strong. Allow me to proffer the correct solution to this problem. Like you have rightly noted, with Mama Akunna in the picture, we will not be able to touch Wasiu. The enemy here is Mama Akunna and I know how we can stop her.”

“I already told you I will not do anything fetish,” Ndifreke said.

“I am the one that was violated. I will do anything you say Irikefe.”

“Okay nurse. I will go on a small trip tomorrow and will return the same day. I’ll need like 10k.”

“I’ll give you. And I’ll go with you,” Josephine said.

TO BE CONTINUED.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kechbeau: 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
and this is where war starts......nice update centino

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dhavido(m): 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
Wasiu and mama Akunna must pay for raping my crush on 225 Katakata street embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by daneni1(m): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
Fatality, Brutality, hope it won't be finishing for mama Akunna

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eitsei(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
I have a feeling it won't turn out well.. mama would have reached there before them

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
shocked Ladies And Gentlemen shall we begin?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by daymeelarday(m): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
Good thing Josephine let others on the matter, at least Wasiu won't be able to blackmail her for more now. Nice update Centino.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by iykomo666(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
this mama akunna and his boy self cetinho Weldon ooh God bless u for us

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ericbertrand(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
I'm so happy for Ndifreke and Maya.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by bereiweris(m): 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Thats it i cant bear this any longer. am out of ghost mode bros centino what is it? i mean what is it? u ve bastardized my brain, i refresh my nairaland on Sundays like no tomorrow to crown it all up u never disappoint. ur d real MVP d real GOAT inshut. tnx so much for this. had to practice one of ur steps here & i must confess it worked. tnx a bunch.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Konphido(m): 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
Ghen Ghen..
Action time!!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by zesh(m): 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
Big boss. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Microfels: 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
Thumbs up man, You rock!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
Mama akuna mst pay small

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ericbertrand(m): 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
Abeg Irikefe is a true friend. Ride or die nigga. It's a good feeling knowing someone has your back most times.

7 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dranoid: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
ericbertrand:
Abeg Irikefe is a true friend. Ride or die nigga. It's a good feeling knowing someone has your back most times.
Aswr, especially in this world of fake friends

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by connkg(m): 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2018
Coming next season:
One witch vs. One baby wizard (without Father Wizard's help)...

Well done, Centino!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2018
Congratulations to Ndifeke and Maya on their inevitable reunion, it was greatly anticipated..
Irikefe, the man that had long signed the front battle line of Mama Akunna’s matters as his, respect to you...
I know she has heard of the plans already, I just hope Irikefe becomes unstoppable this time..
Nsuto Mama Akunna kededi...
BRAVO CENTINO

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Wonderz1: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
Baba Ceintino Welldone Sir And More Wisdom

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by enabledgoddess(f): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
Like seriously? Is that all Mr cetino? I'm annoyed. Such a short enticing read. Please give me something during the week and mention me. Biko

Thanks still I know how keeping up with this could be hard

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Oluwaseunliz(f): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nice one. Keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Tolezy001(m): 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
I hope this is the end of mama akunna and her manipulations BTW you're doing a great job here keep it up the sky is your limit.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by phoenixchap: 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
Tight update centino, I hope irikefe succeed and mama Alumna meets her water loo..

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
Mama Akunna and Wasiu must suffer

Maya's and Ndifreke's reunion touched me sha

Thanks for the update Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by michlins(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
Keep it coming bro. Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by meneski(m): 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2018
Which yeye trip dem wan go? Common! Sit down one place make my guy give u another long one.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by RhemaDavids(f): 2:18am On Jul 23, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Nigerians... AHHH.. this is just Centino's creative imagination I hope you know that? It is not to be used as a basis for measurement. This is how you guys go about taking Nollywood movies literally.
Believe me, am not a nollywood freak and I don't like imagining things at all, but this things were real, they happened to me I woke up with 3 deep scratches on my arm on two occasions and dream where a rat is pursuing me. Would u believed that after I prayed,I stopped seeing them after some days this woman called me one night at 3.57am that she is lonley and I should come to her flat to keep her Company. I just prayed and switched off my phones.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by bimberry1307(f): 2:45am On Jul 23, 2018
I hope mama Akuna will be put in her place permanently. thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by fabianiweka: 7:06am On Jul 23, 2018
This na the reason I no dey read story we never complete because to update na problem
Oga abeg update oooo

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donielord(m): 7:44am On Jul 23, 2018
Good Gawd shocked Oga centino made me (donie) nurse josephine's rich Boyfriend. Centino thanks ooo. This last update dey sweet ma belle die!!!. Thanks man, one crates of beer for u bro!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by queenitee(f): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2018
Mama Akuna sha

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by stevodot22(m): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2018
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Mama Akunna must have a taste of her pills, she thinks she has no match. Irikefe would be giving her a run for her money this time. Keeping my fingers crossed as Centino dishes another update. Wehdone bro.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.