Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,639 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1318407 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Abelranking: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2018
excelmerry:
:::Abel blood. grin grin
easy oo

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donielord(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
King Centino is back! welcome back bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donsimoniiblog: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
Steady updates again.. Lool

Story lovers visit www.donsimonii.com now for your interesting stories.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by nikz(f): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2018
And he is back......... Welcome centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
Welcome back

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2018
Wasiu, don't worry, your end is near...
This Irikefe eh, materminder of all kpokposikpo....

BRAVO CENTINO..Welcome back...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Eberechi24(f): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
Centino is back!!! don't starve me again abeg, God bless your hustle, amen

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MichaelBlake40: 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2018
The fray don dey hot o.Nice one Centino welcome back

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by aytuns(m): 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2018
My goodness... See better story... Currently on page 19 and reading... Wow... More inspiration to the author

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by labelle123(f): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
welcome back Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chiefLopes(m): 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
Centino baba is taking us somwere beyond just reading a story....... 225 katakata....a place to be......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by aytuns(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2018
@centino you are a rare gem.. Currently on page 46 and approaching

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kaycee9242(m): 6:05am On Sep 28, 2018
Nice update, Centino well done bro

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by aytuns(m): 11:19am On Sep 28, 2018
Centino:

Mama Akunna rushed out from the backyard ululating and swinging her waist in delight as she heard her son was back. Everyone cleared the way for her as she rushed to embrace Akunna. As she stretched her arms towards him, he deftly seized one arm and brought his shoulder to her waist level and allowed her momentum to carry her onto his shoulders and then he eased up again. Then he put a hand over her neck and the second on the back of her knees and everyone watched in horror as Akunna spun and slammed his mother onto the concrete with John Cena’s famous "FU" move.

TO BE CONTINUED.

LOL...
I almost died trying to hold in the laugh... Chai.. My Belle o.. Abeg.. I dey office.. grin grin grin grin... John Cena move on the witch... Let's see if she survives this one

Chai... Oga centino, I'm feeling your work o

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by stevodot22(m): 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
Centino baba, I really miss you o. Welcome back to the hood and keep dropping it as it's hot.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by inaolaji92: 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
Wondering how I will read all this stories, just saw the link on a friend post but I will read it coz I've seen many nice comments and I need to read diz story!!!!
More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by queenitee(f): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2018
Weldone centino and welcome back
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
Thanks y'all for the warm welcome. Feels really good. Your Sunday-Sunday and sometimes Wednesday tonic is back!

@aytuns good progress man! Nice to have you on the Street grin

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2018
Welcome back boss. Good to know it all went well. Now my Sundays will be complete again.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ouzo1(m): 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
Centino.... Abeg try update before I n.aked swear for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by niqablady(f): 1:31am On Sep 29, 2018
Centino you are the boss ....it's nice having you back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by paqman: 4:13am On Sep 29, 2018
Weldone centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MightyFortress: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2018
Centino, there are no accolades I could give you that haven't been given already. But I would like to say thank you for this beautiful piece of work. Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2018
MightyFortress:
Centino, there are no accolades I could give you that haven't been given already. But I would like to say thank you for this beautiful piece of work. Remain blessed.

You're welcome smiley
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
Centino no....Akunna can't get the gun. Mama must die in the wrestling ring grin grin This John Cena scene is the craziest.

I trust mama to get back up grin troublesome woman
Yormienerd, johnwizey come and read

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donsimoniiblog: 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2018
welcome back boss

story lovers visit www.donsimonii.com now for interesting stories

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2018
aytuns, Smazlexander, Freeeanijor, LabUdegbe, Bluezy13, INDUSTRIALFAN (bros na wa o), ifemism02, jagugu88li, Cregon, Abelranking, Emperortj93, tayot1, Austin567, tehilah92, chiefLopes, Ann2012, WAACUT, Dhavido, Youngzubi, sheycrown, Kaycee9242, Ubiquitousade, MrMachinterchi1, Teehsticckz, twokayeighteen, KpagoGIN, Pinkberry5, AmaUwana, sustainee, excelmerry, gabi98, YINKS89, donielord, nikz, boffinjay, EkopSparoAyara, Eberechi24, MichaelBlake40, labelle123, stevodot22, queenitee, tsharp, ouzo1, niqablady, paqman, MightyFortress, beautygboel, nnachukz, Chichaope, Onetop, baba olowo the long prick grin

THE ALL KNOWING

Out on the street Irikefe considered his options. He could go after Castro and give him the beating of his life for betraying the compound as Wasiu’s ally. He could also go after Wasiu now he knew how close to capture he was. But he was just one man and Wasiu was a hardened jailbird. Now he had just promised to give the lunatic Akunna a gun. Where on earth was he going to get a gun from. The answer however was staring him in the face. Wasiu. Antagonizing Castro was no longer an option. If he was going to get a gun from Wasiu, he needed Castro.

Irikefe got to the compound and found a stool and positioned himself at the frontage next to the corridor entrance. Wasiu’s was the first room to the right. There was no way Castro was going to access the room without coming face to face with Irikefe.

Sure enough, at about noon when human traffic in and out of the compound was typically less, Castro sauntered into sight and started when he saw Irikefe seated there.

“My man Castro!” Irikefe cheered. “How now?”

“Erm…I dey my man.”

“So, wetin dey happen?” Irikefe said.

“Nothing o! I just dey wonder about this Akunna matter. How can a responsible hospital discharge a clearly sick man? No be malaria and typhoid sickness we dey talk about o…na crase!”

“E no concern me.”

“I know you are happy he is beating up your number one enemy.”

“It is his mother. He can do whatever he wants with her.”

“The hospital has let us down.”

“Castro. I don’t care.”

There was an awkward silence while Irikefe readjusted himself and looked even more comfortable.

“Err, what are you doing here? Oga Josiah will be looking for you now.”

“I am on break.”

“Which kind break?”

“I said I am on break.”

“He can see you seated here doing nothing.”

“Are you chasing me away? Am I disturbing you?”

“Erm, no. Not at all.”

With that, Irikefe stretched, yawned and leaned on the wall.

Castro scratched his head and his buttocks at the same time and spun on the spot trying to decide whether to leave or stay.

“Erm, did you see the Liverpool/Chelsea game?”

“I see am o my bro. Blue is the colour.”

“It was pure in luck in the cup. Even the league match yesterday. Liverpool should have won both games.”

“There was nothing lucky about the Hazard goal on Wednesday. Pure class. Potential Ballon D’or winner.”

“They say the same thing every year. Then when he isn’t happy with the coach he stops playing till they sack the poor coach. The Ballon D’or is for consistency.”

“I hear.”

Another awkward silence followed and then Irikefe said: “Is something bothering you Castro?”

Castro started and said “Me? No o! Nothing is bothering me.”

“Is there something you want to tell me?”

“Tell you ke?” There is nothing to tell.”

“Okay," Irikefe said and made an exaggerated show of making himself comfortable in his seat.

“Erm, I have not seen Papa Efe today. Are you sure your dad is alright? It is unusual for him not to have come out of the house till this time.”

“He is very fine I can assure you.”

Castro brought out his phone and checked the time.

“Are you going somewhere?”

“No. I’m just surprised that time has really gone. Just now your break time is over.”

“My break time is not over.”

Castro checked his time again.

“Ehen Castro. I hear say una don get new baby.”

With that, Castro’s face turned ashen. He forgot about Wasiu and moved close to Irikefe.

“Bros. I been even wan come discuss the thing with you. I have never seen that type of baby before.”

“How is he?”

“His eyes are never in one place. They are going fiam fiam fiam fiam and when he is looking at you, it is as if he is looking straight into your soul. His eyes are as intense and knowing like that of Alhaji Sirika.”

“Hehehe.”

And the worst part is that I have never seen a six months old baby that can finish three wraps of fufu at a sitting.”

“Hahahaha.”

“This is not a laughing matter bros. At night he grunts like an old man.”

“Una never see anything. A baby that was abducted after birth and never cried for once; cooperated with its witch grandmother. All through her lifetime he did not allow his real mother to touch him but was comfortable being carried in the back by the witch. He is lucky your parents were kind enough to take him. I would have thrown him inside the well since.”

“Ah Irikefe!”

“What is ah? Suffer not a witch to live.”

“That is an innocent infant Irikefe.”

“Innocent infant abi? Innocent infant has that kind of eyes and eats all that food?”

“It is only an infant. It could be that I am imagining things.”

"Okay na. Wait until it rapes your mother."

“You dey mad!”

“Okay na. I dey wait. Don’t say I did not warn you.”

“What would you have me do?”

“Put otapiapia in its pap. The world will be better for it.”

“God forbid! You are going too far Irikefe.”

“Okay let’s do an experiment. Carry a picture of a n*ked woman and go and show it to your innocent infant. Dey watch whether him preek no go stand.”

“Jesus Christ Irikefe.”

“That is Mama Akunna’s husband you people have there. Don’t say I did not warn you.”

“Lord of hosts.”

“Get rid of it if your parents won’t.”

“Bros you don dey make me fear.”

“If you like make you no fear.”

Castro shuddered. And then he remembered what he had to do and checked his time again. Wasiu would have been waiting for almost two hours. It did not seem like Irikefe would move from that place till tomorrow.

Irikefe decided to put him out of his misery.

“What is your mission Castro? Tell me. You have no choice. I am not moving from this place.”

“Err, you will kill me if I told you,” he said and dropped his head.

“You believe I will kill you if you told me you were Wasiu’s errand boy?”

Castro’s eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. “How did you know?”

Irikefe grinned and crossed his legs.

“How did you know?” he repeated.

“I am Irikefe. Born, bred and buttered in number 225, I know everything.”

“Please let me go and do what I have to do. He’s been waiting.”

“What do you think your father will do if he knew you were doing this?”

“Come on Irikefe…”

“You have betrayed us all. Wasiu committed a violent crime.”

“Understand na. I can’t remember when I last saw N500. He is paying me 1k. Check am na…what is my business? Why would Chisco go and pour sand in his garri? From what I hear, Wasiu was already shining the congo. Chisco got what he deserved.”

“You will have to explain that to the council of elders.”

“Bros Efe abeg na.”

“Bros Efe. Good. You understand me.”

“Okay I will share the money. Fifty-fifty.”

Irikefe stretched out his hand and Castro fiddled with his pocket and then produced a N500 note. “This is painful Irikefe. I need the money more than you do.”

“Alright. Keep your money but lead me to Wasiu.”

“Why?”

“I need to see him.”

“He will not want to see you. He will say I betrayed him.”

“I don’t want to harm him. I actually need his help.”

“Okay let me go and discuss it with him first.”

“No. We will go back together to see him.”

“No na bros. He will be suspicious.”

“I won’t bring any harm to him. You must hurry otherwise you will vomit the 1k you have already collected.”

Castro thought for a few seconds and then said “Alright. Be on the watch out while I enter his room.”

Irikefe stood guard as Castro produced a key from his jeans and quickly let himself into Wasiu’s room. Ten minutes later, he came out with a travel bag slung over his shoulder. They both matched down Katakata Street and got to the footpath where they knew Wasiu would be waiting.

Wasiu, having evaded arrest all his life and ever living on the brink was never going to where they expected him to be. They got to the spot and only found chirping crickets and sand flies.

“You see. We wasted too much time. Now he is gone,” Castro said.

“How can he go? He needs his things. Call him on the phone.”

Castro un-slung the bag from his shoulder and let it rest on his feet as he fiddled for his phone. He found it and proceeded to dial Wasiu’s number. The phone rang through twice but there was no response. Irikefe did not like what was happening. Two teenage boys strode casually in their direction as they considered their options. Then one of the boys, as swift as a hawk pinched the bag Castro held loosely and threw it to his companion who had set off moments earlier and before Castro and Irikefe could work out what was happening, the two boys had vanished like smoke through a keyhole.

“Wasiu is not stupid,” Castro said when they had gathered themselves. How did we think he’d be here waiting? You gat to admire him.”

“Do you know where he stays?”

“No.”

“Will you see him again?”

“Unless he contacts me. You can also try to reach him on phone too if it is important. But can I ask what it is all about?”

“No you can’t,” Irikefe said and paced away from Castro.

Irikefe went back to the compound to meet a buzz at the frontage. From afar, he could see Ndifreke’s parked keke and people gathered around it. He quickened his strides and arrived just in time to see Chisco alight from the tricycle. He wore dark goggles on the meanest mien Irikefe had ever seen on anybody. He did not acknowledge any greeting and did not even seem to notice the people that thronged out to welcome him.

He powered through the bodies and disappeared down the corridor and into his room. Achike shook his head and tagged behind him. He too was not saying much.

Irikefe found Lukman and pulled him to one side.

“What happened to Chisco? Why is he so angry?”

“I don’t know.”

“Did they do the operation?”

“Yes.”

“Was it successful?”

“I don’t know.”

“Why don’t you know? You were there all the time.”

“I said I don’t know. It was Achike that spoke with the doctors.”

“Achike was shaking his head. Maybe it was not successful. That is why they gave him those welder's goggles to wear."

"Everybody wears dark goggles after eye surgery. And it is not welder's goggles. Chisco has been angry from the moment we left here for the hospital.”

“He should be angry with himself. No sensible person gets in the way of konji.”

“Better not say that to his hearing.”

“I dey crase?”

“One thing I know for sure is that Wasiu is a dead man any day he steps into this compound.”

“That is not happening any soon I can assure you.”

TO BE CONTINUED.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by okeyben10: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2018
no sensible person gets in d way of k... lol
welcome back boss
good to read from yu again

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Emperortj93(m): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2018
put naked woman picture for him front and watch if him preek no go rise. lol this line is freaking awesome constantly and continuously loving every piece weldone centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 9:39am On Sep 30, 2018
Always on point whenever you deliver @Centino
Kudos....

Wasiu na real criminal, he was ahead of Irikefe and Castro cheesy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2018
Centino God Save You.......But Wait O Centino Can You update Two Times A Day.....Because I Need To Confirm Maybe The Baby D**K Go Stand

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2018
Oga Centino... Thanks for the mention... Welcome back from ur money Waka also.... Katakata street don turn religion o grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.