Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos (2752 Views)

To Those Who Don't Appreciate Where The Igbos Are Coming From - By An Urhobo Man / I’m An Urhobo Man – Obasanjo Declares / Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Chris Ngige For His Recent Comments About Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by EmekaMD(m): 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
Why I doff my hat for Igbo - Resilient Igbo.
BY Ena Ofugara

I am not Igbo. I am proud of my Urhobo. However, as a student of history, I wish to show just what these great people come against and yet thrive. Okay, the incessant killings in the North will be glossed over so as to make this article not overly long. The civil war will also not be discussed. However, post civil war, as I explained in my post MINORITY REPORT: THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED AGAINST YOU, the rich in Nigeria have major roots in the Indigenisation decree of 1972 and 1977. I reminded people how the banks gave people of other tribes, predominantly Hausas and Yorubas loans to buy up companies owned by foreigners. Now imagine the Federal government forced Chevron to sell 51 percent of its shares and that Access Bank will give you loans to buy the shares. How rich will you be in a year? 5 Years? That is how many Yorubas and Hausas got to own UAC, all those Dunlop, Leventis, Cadbury etc.

Now, while this was ongoing, Awolowo/Gowon told the Nigerian banks to give twenty naira to any Igbo man that had money in the bank before the war. That is, if you had 5 naira before the war, you will be given the 5 naira. But if you had one million naira, you get just twenty naira in full fulfilment of the banks duty to give you your money.

Ask yourselves, why would the banks give Igbos only twenty naira? Did the banks collapse? So why pay less than you were given? So while the banks were giving loans to Hausa and Yorubas to buy Oyibo companies they did not build, Igbos were being cheated out of their rightful moneys.

Now note also that these people lost Houses and business across the land. It is safe to say that as at 1970/71, the richest Igbo had 20 naira that may be the equivalent of maybe one million naira.

Let us look at how Dangote made his money. He Dagote (a great man and pride to Nigeria) had an uncle called Dantata who owned huge chunks of the groundnut pyramids of the 50’s and 60’s. He gave Dangote a loan and Dangote paid it back in a record time. CLAP, CLAP. Then add that Dangote has had his “brothers” in government, from Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalami to Yar’Adua. When they now agreed to democracy, he was rich enough to have funded Obasanjo and so government policies, be it monopoly afforded him for rice, sugar flour and of course a large share of subsidy etc ensures he is the wealthiest Nigerian. Note that many had same opportunity, but did not use it. We kowtow to Dangote’s investment capabilities.

However, for the Igbo man, where will he see an uncle that will loan him money? The richest man in their family has how much as at then? So while Fani Kayode can inherit property of his father and grandfather and great grand father, a Chidi Kalu cannot inherit anything from his grandfather who had business in Kano or even Port Harcourt. Neighbours have made his dad’s storey building theirs, and even someone as educated as Ken Saro-Wiwa lived in an Igbo war emigrant house as his. (A sore point of the Niger Delta and Igbo Unity). WAEC building was Ojukwu’s dad’s building and like that building, thousands and the lands with it….lands worth billions today were taken from Igbos and each and every Igbo had tops 20 naira, destroyed homeland, stolen and destroyed wealth away from the East. Also his brother is never president that will give him oil block or fuel lifting. Of 33, only one Igbo man and because he was in Obasanjo’s good graces.

YET LOOK HOW PROUD THEY STAND TODAY!!! Look what they have achieved for themselves….FIRST GENERATION WEALTH…top second generation. From being unable to send their first sons to school so he could help look after the shop, to producing first class brains in all departments of modern learning.

So today, as you accuse Igbos of wanting their Biafra or of Baby Factory, or liking money and ready to do anything for money, remember that just forty years ago, while the banks were dashing your uncles loans to buy all the companies of Nigeria, it stole from the Igbos. Know that appointments have not favoured them. Note that they remain persecuted and many speak such ill and hate towards a people forced by need to survive to be extra-aggressive towards their sustenance. Maybe if you took their history into consideration, you will not be so critical of them, but instead say “what a resilient people” and give God the glory.

BY Ena Ofugara.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by majamajic(m): 2:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Who get that 3tree gbosa meme pls borrow me... I need give am this man

8 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by georgeben205(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
nice write-up, made alot of sense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by eastsidechillz: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
Slap them with facts.

Afonjas no go cm here oh!

Igbo man was pushed to survive at all means necessary.

SE may be the only region that fought a Civil war in the last century.

But you won't c any sign of it anywhere.

We hv rebuilt ourselves.

14 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by beberebe: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
The sophisticated foolish dilapidated dick measuring Afonjas will not like this....

8 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by mightyhazell: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
V apt!

They refused an igbo presidency,..hoping to further subdue the igbos...

But the igbos will definitely do so well, even in the worst of conditions.

Turn Nigeria to a desert by electing even donkeys, just to spite the igbos,...and d igboman will reafforest some parts of the desert and make himself very comfy,...

Dats just how it is bae

8 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by najoke: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
eastsidechillz:
Slap them with facts.

Afonjas no go cm here oh!

Igbo man was pushed to survive at all means necessary.

SE may be the only region that fought a Civil war in the last century.

But you won't c any sign of it anywhere.

We hv rebuilt ourselves.
beberebe:
The sophisticated foolish dilapidated dick measuring Afonjas will not like this....

Na jeje we Afonjaas dey our own wey dem Biafuros call us usual to wetin no concern us…… so Biafuros have you licked Kanus a$$ today grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5580121_5576857fbimg1498841975349jpeg6df6f9264c48db1bbaef6eae2bae2ae7_jpegd625d73cc4aa0db6bf480cbec9d0a172

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by obamabinladen(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
It is always out of jealousy that any tribe will speak against Ndi Igbo. How many tribes owns shops in Alaba, Ladipo, Auto parts mkt etc. Even those that claims to be son of the soil, where are they?.

12 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by Jabioro: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
You called yourself students of histories , or you created yours suited record.. Your acclaimed was so faulty you forgot to tell us how the igbos made their money.. Just keep your twisted history to your heart

1 Like

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by obamabinladen(m): 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
najoke:

Na jeje we Afonjaas dey our own wey dem Biafuros call us usual to wetin no concern us…… so Biafuros have you licked Kanus a$$ today grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5580121_5576857fbimg1498841975349jpeg6df6f9264c48db1bbaef6eae2bae2ae7_jpegd625d73cc4aa0db6bf480cbec9d0a172

The laziness of Afonja people cannot be measured. Their youths are the most foolish and poverty stricken of the entire generation. Only making noise and sagging of dirty trousers remains their forte.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by Jonathan39: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
Please tell us we want to know
Jabioro:
You called yourself students of histories , or you created yours suited record.. Your acclaimed was so faulty you forgot to tell us how the igbos made their money.. Just keep your twisted history to your heart

3 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by beberebe: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
Jabioro:

From ritual killing and juju introduced to them by your brothers...who are the chief in command and having headquarters at ijebu ode

9 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by beberebe: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
obamabinladen:

The laziness of Afonja people cannot be measured. Their youths are the most foolish and poverty stricken of the entire generation. Only making noise and sagging of dirty trousers remains their forte.

Don't mind those ugly sophisticated and dirty looking people

5 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by obamabinladen(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
Jabioro:

How they made their money?
Lamentations of a lazy man.

Let's go to Alaba intl only, if you count 10 correct shops owned by Afonja man, I will delete your name from the book of stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by beberebe: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
najoke:

Atleast they have somebody that speak for them fearlessly....
Who is speaking for the Afonjas
Ile ife massacres is still fresh and your oba is still in jail...
But your people prefer to lick the dirty ass of abokiis

5 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by beberebe: 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lagos experience

4 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by obamabinladen(m): 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
beberebe:

Don't mind those ugly sophisticated and dirty looking people

Talking about their dirtiness, have you observed how scattered and tear-tear' the heels of their females looks and how decayed the teeth of their males are?. Mehn, their body odour can resurrect a dead mosquito.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by Jabioro: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
obamabinladen:

How they made their money?
Lamentations of a lazy man.

Let's go to Alaba intl only, if you count 10 correct shops owned by Afonja man, I will delete your name from the book of stupidity.
You must be definitely out of your mind ..When you're putting on arguments thread you must also be ready to countered or do that constructively ways not called every commentators against your acclaimed history stupid.. See the leaders of tomorrow the rabble rousers ..

1 Like

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by beberebe: 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
obamabinladen:

Talking about their dirtiness, have you observed how scattered and tear-tear' the heels of their females looks and how decayed the teeth of their males are?. Mehn, their body odour can resurrect a dead mosquito.

Abeg easy on them..

4 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by beberebe: 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Jabioro:
You must be definitely out of your mind ..When you're putting on arguments thread you must also be ready to countered or do that constructively ways not called every commentators against your acclaimed history stupid.. See the leaders of tomorrow the rabble rousers ..

Your people are busy tearing their face into pieces.....

What time will they use to reason and do business

2 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by phorget(m): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
One good thing about history is that one day it would surely be told, though in many versions but definitely there would be an atom of truth in them all. Ndi igbo are indeed great to survive against all odds.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by obamabinladen(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Jabioro:

It is foolish to ask how Ndi Igbo are making their money when you can't even say or explain how your tribes men are making theirs.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by timsTNA: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Dirty ewedu licking piglets will avoid this thread like a bird flu chicken. Their wickedness orchestrated by the suicidal Awolowo don dey clear for people eye

2 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by googlepikins: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
If I hear say Ewedu people come here. They will so avoid this thread. Abeg who get that ewedu picture?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by najoke: 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
[s]
beberebe:

Atleast they have somebody that speak for them fearlessly....
Who is speaking for the Afonjas
Ile ife massacres is still fresh and your oba is still in jail...
But your people prefer to lick the dirty ass of abokiis
obamabinladen:

[s]The laziness of Afonja people cannot be measured. Their youths are the most foolish and poverty stricken of the entire generation. Only making noise and sagging of dirty trousers remains their forte.
[/s]
[a author=googlepikins post=58021562]If I hear say Ewedu people come here. They will so avoid this thread. Abeg who get that ewedu picture?[/quote]
timsTNA:
Dirty ewedu licking piglets will avoid this thread like a bird flu chicken. Their wickedness orchestrated by the suicidal Awolowo don dey clear for people eye
[/s]
Me right now…. Kikiki

You guys…. Kikiki
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5555990_savagemonkeychilddie_jpegf3b35ede1d6a0ce629ed04684cd04724

1 Like

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by mobaking: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Typical example of a very hard working igbo man is EVANS.U hate the yorubas,u cannot stay out of their states.I can see that after every 50 years the OSU curse strikes.Like in 1967,now 2017 your grandparents walked this same path.It is not ur faults it is Nigeria, that allowed u to be vice president in 1979.If u were still paying reparation for losing the civil war till today,u will not remember Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by Princesaha: 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
obamabinladen:

Hahahahaha.... Bro take it easy on them biko. I cannot stop laughing here. Your definition of those Ewedu gobblers is classic. In fact, you don finish work.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by beberebe: 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
najoke:

[a author=googlepikins post=58021562]If I hear say Ewedu people come here. They will so avoid this thread. Abeg who get that ewedu picture?
[/s]
Me right now…. Kikiki

You guys…. Kikiki
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5555990_savagemonkeychilddie_jpegf3b35ede1d6a0ce629ed04684cd04724

I no fit laugh

1 Like

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by obamabinladen(m): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
mobaking:
Typical example of a very hard working igbo man is EVANS.U hate the yorubas,u cannot stay out of their states.I can see that after every 50 years the OSU curse strikes.Like in 1967,now 2017 your grandparents walked this same path.It is not ur faults it is Nigeria, that allowed u to be vice president in 1979.If u were still paying reparation for losing the civil war till today,u will not remember Biafra.

Go back to history and check all the notorious criminals in this country. Hope you know about Ishola Oyenusi etc. You are not the owner of the states, it belongs to every Nigerian, go and amend your constitution that empowers their stay in any state in Nigeria. ORO curse is also striking in your land.

If you are pained GOAN die.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by beberebe: 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
mobaking:

Abeg cover that your ewedu smelling mouth with tear tear cat face...

2 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by prolove22(m): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
How Nigerians react when you talk the truth about IGBO

4 Likes

Re: This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos by Thedruggist: 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
May God bless this writer and op

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is The CHANGE We Promised Nigeria - Lai Mohammed (photo) / Gov. Fayose Resist The Welcoming Of PMB To Ekiti And Quoted Bible / Buhari, Adams, Arrived Abia To Flag Off Presidential Campaign - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.