Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

What Is The Better Method To Receive Payment Online? 9ja Mastercard? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Better Method To Receive Payment Online? 9ja Mastercard? (1635 Views)

My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA / See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) / Jumia Versus Konga: Which Has The Better Discounts And Offers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Better Method To Receive Payment Online? 9ja Mastercard? by janeobi2: 11:45am On Jan 29, 2010
I want to list my ebook online @ stores like Amazon, lulu.com, lightninghouse and others, but i have problem on the payment system i will use in other to receive my payments from these merchants.
I am thinking of signing up for gtb mastercad or using Zenith bank websurfer, since considering check method will not be effective due to NIPOST delays.
Pls Nairalanders that already had an experience with receiving payments online, i need your advise. Can i easily transfer my received money from these cards to my domiciliary account? What are other better alternatives i can use as a Nigerian if MasterCard can't help.
Re: What Is The Better Method To Receive Payment Online? 9ja Mastercard? by larryhomie(m): 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2010
To receive payments from nigeria, there are simply two options

1. Go to any Nigerian bank that issue these cards and run through the process and you would get it between 2 weeks depending on their customer service response. After you get the card, it is usually attached to a domiciliary account which habours whatever money you have. If you spend from the card, it is deducted from the account likewise to receive payment. You should also note that you cannot receive payments if you use a mastercard but can receive if you use a visa card

2. You can have a US bank account from Nigeria as a non resident and open and verify a paypal account within 24hours. This bank account comes with a visa card and has all features of a normal international bank account and accepts transfers, works with Paypal. You would be able to get you online payments or overseas payments within hours and maximum of 2 days compared to 7-10 days if its coming to Nigeria. You can withdraw your money in Nigeria with your US bank visa card up to $500 a day. Also note that some foriegn establishments and online businesses might not want to wire money to Nigeria or send checks to Nigeria so the only option might be to have a US bank account and Paypal

If you are in need of PayPal, i would advise you go for the US bank account because Paypal does not acccept Nigerians so you can get access to opening and verifying PayPal also. This does not stop you from getting a Nigerian banks' card cos' i'd encourage patronizing home.

To know how to go about this, call me on 08134593234 or email me at support@usbank-nonresidents.com

Do good to check http://www.usbank-nonresidents.com for more info on this matter and i can be of assistance in any related subject.

Hope this information was helpful

Best regards,

Larry
Re: What Is The Better Method To Receive Payment Online? 9ja Mastercard? by Recardo(m): 6:16am On Feb 10, 2010
Be careful of scam
Re: What Is The Better Method To Receive Payment Online? 9ja Mastercard? by Govvy(m): 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
@Larry: Thanks, wat are d requirement for d US bank account?
Re: What Is The Better Method To Receive Payment Online? 9ja Mastercard? by tck2000(m): 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
is it still available?
Re: What Is The Better Method To Receive Payment Online? 9ja Mastercard? by tck2000(m): 11:38am On Jun 25, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Cheapset Place I Can Advetise My Business / Nigerian Business Ideas / Please I Will Like To Start A Poultry Farm In Lagos and want to

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.