Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

My Cowpea Farm In Kano - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cowpea Farm In Kano (12974 Views)

Nigeria Releases First Transgenic Crop – Cowpea Resistant To Pod Borers / Genetically Modified Pod-Borer Resistant Cowpea Approved In Nigeria / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Alpha2k(m): 5:06am On Nov 04, 2017
Prince4945:
Following with keen interest, please who has an idea how i can get an hectare for lease in either Lagos or Ogun , I'm planning on starting up cassava farming very soon
come get an hectare in ogun. 15k.
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by babakk2(m): 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
Please what variety of cowpea did you plant?
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Emmysteve(m): 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2017
Ok
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by bamkem21: 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
Alpha2k:

come get an hectare in ogun. 15k.
Pls where in Ogun
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Farouq94(m): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
Hello Yildiz. You mean you rented a hectare (not acre) at 10k each? Please I want to know how you got your farm at 10k per hectare, if you don't mind sharing. I know someone that just got his at 55k per hectare around Warawa area Kano. Expecting your reply. Thank you.

[b][/b]NB: I was just actually made aware that it was a swampy lowland for rice cultivation, so that was why the rent was higher. But please do update. Interested in the outcome.
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by miredia(m): 9:14am On Jan 01, 2018
Update please
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 01, 2018
Update!
Update!
Update!
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by feran15(m): 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
No harvest yet?
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Mujtahida: 7:37am On Jan 20, 2018
Mickael2 come here to this backyard abeg my brother. I want to implore you for the sake of sanity on the thread to totally ignore nerds posts even if he mentions or quotes your post in a friendly way. At least ignore it for a very long time if you cannot do so totally. I have seen that there's no way two of you can interact without acrimony. It's always there below the surface and just a little heat and it boils up to the surface and spills over into the whole thread. I feel it's your way to be critical. You can't help it. We can't force you to change even though many including yours truly feels the bite of your post but then we need it(it can't all be sweetness all the time). I feel if you bow to pressure and start being nice the thread will miss something vital although it would be great if you learn to drop encouragements at the end of your criticisms.

So I feel the best thing is for you to just keep a straight face as far as his posts and mentions are concerned. Because I know where this is possibly leading to. Let's not have a repeat of what transpired before at least let it not be between you and him because once the mudslinging and shades start, some monikers will want to intervene. Some will do it indelicately, some will take sides, some will Stoke the fires. Before you know it accusations and Counter accusations will start flying everywhere taking up precious space. No ooo. That's no good.

I like the two of you but I feel you will listen to me if I talk to you as man to a man. I beg you as a brother who you have never met and will perhaps never meet. I trust you can find enough people to interact with on the thread if you decide to take my suggestion.
We don't keep malice on the thread. So perhaps you can inform others that for the sake of sanity you'd be avoiding his posts (you might not do this, I'm only just suggesting). Please read this and think about it. Then let me know here that you have read it by quoting me. Then we can both delete our conversation here. Cheers
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Mickael2(m): 10:27am On Jan 20, 2018
Mujtahida:
Mickael2 come here to this backyard abeg my brother. I want to implore you for the sake of sanity on the thread to totally ignore nerds posts even if he mentions or quotes your post in a friendly way. At least ignore it for a very long time if you cannot do so totally. I have seen that there's no way two of you can interact without acrimony. It's always there below the surface and just a little heat and it boils up to the surface and spills over into the whole thread. I feel it's your way to be critical. You can't help it. We can't force you to change even though many including yours truly feels the bite of your post but then we need it(it can't all be sweetness all the time). I feel if you bow to pressure and start being nice the thread will miss something vital although it would be great if you learn to drop encouragements at the end of your criticisms.

So I feel the best thing is for you to just keep a straight face as far as his posts and mentions are concerned. Because I know where this is possibly leading to. Let's not have a repeat of what transpired before at least let it not be between you and him because once the mudslinging and shades start, some monikers will want to intervene. Some will do it indelicately, some will take sides, some will Stoke the fires. Before you know it accusations and Counter accusations will start flying everywhere taking up precious space. No ooo. That's no good.

I like the two of you but I feel you will listen to me if I talk to you as man to a man. I beg you as a brother who you have never met and will perhaps never meet. I trust you can find enough people to interact with on the thread if you decide to take my suggestion.
We don't keep malice on the thread. So perhaps you can inform others that for the sake of sanity you'd be avoiding his posts (you might not do this, I'm only just suggesting). Please read this and think about it. Then let me know here that you have read it by quoting me. Then we can both delete our conversation here. Cheers

why are you talking like this? Have I replied any of his comments since? Just go back and read the comments. Me I don't have time for stuffs like that.
I like this your backyard though grin. I have heard what you said and I will implement it to the fullest
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Mujtahida: 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
Mickael2:

why are you talking like this? Have I replied any of his comments since? Just go back and read the comments. Me I don't have time for stuffs like that.
I like this your backyard though grin. I have heard what you said and I will implement it to the fullest
Okay, I didn't notice that you weren't replying. I thought you would be provoked to reply that's why I called you here. Thank you Bro. Hahahaha hahahaha @backyard
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Mickael2(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

cc Goldfish80 I think you should pay attention to this, it is shameful to see a supposed adult behaving like a kid(actually have this impression that he is one sha but hey). Just let it slide
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by goldfish80(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
Mickael2:

cc Goldfish80 I think you should pay attention to this, it is shameful to see a supposed adult behaving like a kid(actually have this impression that he is one sha but hey). Just let it slide

The young man have been doing his best to frame me up since his return. I have the time on my hands to burst all his petty myths today.
Pls let nobody intervene. He must prove how he can read my mind and arrive at all the false accusations he has been peddling here.
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Uyaiuwem: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
Yildiz:
I paid 600 naira per litre for the labourers that did the spraying. I got the herbicide at the rate of 1500 per litre

Weldon, could you please help with ur contact?
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by bobotolen(m): 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
Can I get about 200 bundles of IITA stems or tme3205

A interested in the Ibadan lands. Where is the location please? And is the land mechanized ( can use tractor to cultivate) or not?[/quote]
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Burchester: 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
Yildiz:
Good evening all. Today I have decided to increase the size of my farm by 5 hectares. So am going to be planting 8 hectares

I would like to know where I can get hectares for hire at Tiga also. Can I get your contact
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Krak(m): 11:45am On Apr 11, 2021
Yildiz:
Thanks all for the constant interest you have in my cowpea. Am not a good writer so please bear with me. I will do everything in my power to explain how it all went and where we are now.
It's approximately 15 weeks since I planted and am yet to harvest. The late variety of cowpea normally takes that much time but hopely I will be harvesting in 2 to 3 weeks time.
The journey so far has been good really but definitely stressful. I will start with the challenges, the most important one is insects, throughout my investigation i was made to understand that i need insecticides 2 or 3 times only but currently i have sprayed insecticides 6 times. The pests have been really annoying. I used basic two types of insecticides and one fungicide; Lara Force, Magic Force and Imi Force.

You never updated us about the result of this venture. How was the harvest like and what lessons learnt, I am very interested in knowing. It's been quite a while.
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by cattlefarming01: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
Reduce Your Cost Of Fertilizer By More Than 30% With This

Have you been spending so much money on fertilizer ?

Do you use so many fertilizer on your farm land yet your harvest are still little ?

Do you desire to cut down your cost of fertilizer and also want to want to increase your crop yield during harvest?

If yes all you have to do is to use a soil conditioner and fertilizer booster like AG Zyme.

AG - Zyme is a soil conditioner that helps to provide the required nutrient available for use to the crops

AG - Zyme is also a fertilizer booster, it helps to increase the efficiency of a fertilizer to achieve more result with less fertilizer per hectare

How To Apply

Simply dilute 1 bottle of Ag - Zyme into 200 litres of water and spray apply both the leaves and soil 1 week after fertilizer application for best result repeat after 2 weeks

For delivery of product contact +23408033492090

To learn more about our product visit www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by AncientAlien(m): 6:36pm On Jan 26
Yildiz:
Good day all. This will be my very first thread on nairaland. I want to share my cowpea farming experience. In another way its a documention for me. Please don't mind my English.

The farm is 3 hectare located in Tiga, that's about 50 kilometers from city centre kano
@Yildiz. It will be of great help to this thread and every cowpea aspiring farmers to know about the harvest of your farm in that year. Your success and downsides will really help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly / How Yam Farming Can Contribute To Our Economic In Nigeria / CATFISH MART. A Platform That Connects Catfish Farmers Directly To Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.