Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem (3551 Views)

EOD Engine Price Enquiry / Honda Accord (EOD), Engine Coolant Sensor / How Much Is EOD Engine At Ladipo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by popplm(m): 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
I have this used Honda EOD 2003 bought (Nigerian used) recently. I notice the engine oil reduced to half at just 4 weeks of constant used and the former owner told me he just serviced with 4k Mobile Oil because of that my mechanic suggested I should service with Total oil of 4k. I did that and at just 3 weeks now the engine oil reduced to half again. There is whitish smoke only when the car is raised. I want to know if I am using the wrong engine and maybe there is a sensor causing this.
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by vpnvouchers: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
Firstly do a scan,

Most importantly u have no business with those oil
Simply use Honda oil 5w20 for ur engine
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by timifakay(m): 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Looks like a case of car shorting oil (burning).
What's the odometer reading?
Try noting distance travelled instead of amount of time after service.
The car probably has an history of service schedule not being followed.
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by mayor2013: 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
New engine loading sir

3 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by popplm(m): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
mayor2013:
New engine loading sir
manual engine of EOD 2003 will cost how much?
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by popplm(m): 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
vpnvouchers:
Firstly do a scan,

Most importantly u have no business with those oil
Simply use Honda oil 5w20 for ur engine
pls kindly recommend one.
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by AutoElectNG: 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
popplm:
I have this used Honda EOD 2003 bought (Nigerian used) recently. I notice the engine oil reduced to half at just 4 weeks of constant used and the former owner told me he just serviced with 4k Mobile Oil because of that my mechanic suggested I should service with Total oil of 4k. I did that and at just 3 weeks now the engine oil reduced to half again. There is whitish smoke only when the car is raised. I want to know if I am using the wrong engine and maybe there is a sensor causing this.

V6 or i4

Do you record the mileage when you change the oil and when this drastic reduction in oil level is noticed?

Highway driving? Town driving?

What is the mileage of this ride?
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by mayor2013: 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
popplm:
manual engine of EOD 2003 will cost how much?

Contact luvinhubby on this section

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by praxisnetworks: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
popplm:
Buy a new engine. Or sell the car and buy a Benz ... BMW or Audi.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by delequake(m): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oga, just service or change your PCV valve and your problem is solved.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by popplm(m): 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
delequake:
pls I will prefer to change this valve completely, how and where can I get it sir?
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by AutoElectNG: 12:11am On Jul 03, 2017
AutoElectNG:

V6 or i4

Do you record the mileage when you change the oil and when this drastic reduction in oil level is noticed?

Highway driving? Town driving?

What is the mileage of this ride?
?
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by popplm(m): 6:45am On Jul 03, 2017
AutoElectNG:

?
v4, the mileage is 146k, I notice the reduction after 200 miles trip. i don't understand the other question sir.
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Buy a new engine. Or sell the car and buy a Benz ... BMW or Audi.

Let me guess, BMW, Benz and Audi will not short oil when the engine is abused, engine made to run cold for extended period because of removal of thermostat, use of wrong oil, poor maintenance culture, etc. Oh and to mention it's a 13 yr old car that has been abused in Nigeria for God knows how long

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by popplm(m): 11:39am On Jul 04, 2017
delequake:
Boss, thanks so much for this advice. It works like magic, serviced the PCV and the smoke stopped it also reduced my car fuel consumption. You really deserve a very chilled 33. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by Ayloaded04: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2017
Who did the job please

popplm:
Boss, thanks so much for this advice. It works like magic, serviced the PCV and the smoke stopped it also reduced my car fuel consumption. You really deserve a very chilled 33. grin grin
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by popplm(m): 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ayloaded04:
Who did the job please

my mechanic here in Ile-ife as advised
Re: My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem by freemi(m): 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
popplm:
r u still using d car

(1) (Reply)

The Hook-up Part II - Lagos Meets Ibadan / Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. / Car Review: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.