Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,647 members, 7,955,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs (749 Views)

16 Suvs You Can Buy With ₦4 Million Or Less / Robot Dogs In Driverless Vans Are The Delivery System Of The Future - Photos / Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs by AutoReportNG: 10:05am On Jul 02, 2017
Ford has issued three recalls in the North American market, the largest of which covers over 400,000 vehicles.

Classified as a safety recall, the larger campaign affects certain late-model Transit vans... but only those that have racked up considerable mileage.

In those units, Dearborn's concerned that the driveshaft's flexible coupling could crack, which could result in all sorts of trouble. For starters, the vehicle would be left without power. For another, it could roll away when parked without the parking brake engaged. The lose driveshaft could also damage other components, like the brakes and fuel line.

Not good, in other words, but fortunately it only affects certain models, namely those from the 2015-17 model years, in medium, long, or extended wheelbase and chassis cabs on medium wheelbases. Of those, only vehicles that have covered over 30,000 miles or more are deemed to be at risk, so only those will need to have the couplings replaced. Other vans can be held off until they reach that milestone.

It's a testament to just how many of these vans Ford sells, though, that the number still tops 400k units: 402,462 across North America, to be specific, including 370,630 in the US, another 2,361 in federalized territories, 3,217 in Mexico and 26,254 in Canada.

At the same time, the Blue Oval automaker has also announced two compliance recalls that are far smaller in scope. Four 2017 Police Interceptor Utility vehicles, the law-enforcement version of the Explorer, are being called in to repair the attachment studs on the second-row seats, and another three 2016 Escapes are being brought in to replace the driver's knee airbag module.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/07/ford-recalls-400000-transit-vans-and.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Marpol
Mynd44
Ishilove

Re: Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs by AutoReportNG: 10:07am On Jul 02, 2017
Looking forward to do a review on Innoson cars soon...

Keep a tab with us...

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs by princetom1(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Keep a tab with us...

Lalasticlala

Hmnn, interesting. Make sure u come with correct info and details o because we haven't heard or seen details from innoson since all these while, all we hear is, is rugged, is advance, is reliable tongue

1 Like

Re: Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs by AutoReportNG: 10:12am On Jul 02, 2017
princetom1:

Hmnn, interesting. Make sure u come with correct info and details o because we haven't heard or seen details from innoson since all these while, all we hear is, is rugged, is advance, is reliable tongue

Please help me beg them to reply mails and calls... If they do and they are willing to hear the truth, we will gladly do that irrespective of the flaws..

1 Like

Re: Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs by calberian: 10:17am On Jul 02, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Keep a tab with us...

Lalasticlala

Recall. In naija?

Maybe we should allow them to be producing first.

Those countries assist the companies in many ways so that the company is shielded from the economic effect of such exercises and consumers are safe.

Nigeria will first-of-all, fine the company 2bn.

Nigerian social media forums will infect the goodwill that the company had enjoyed in the past with their toxins.

And the beat will go on.

May the good lord make me (and all else) a better person because, sometimes, I'm complicit.

2 Likes

Re: Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs by princetom1(m): 10:20am On Jul 02, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Please help me beg them to reply mails and calls... If they do and they are willing to hear the truth, we will gladly do that irrespective of the flaws..

Eh, u mean they see this kind opportunity and they are MIA, God pls dash this mumu company brain. On a serious note, everything about this innoson company seems like a child's play and before anything happen, u will hear, we need government support, this and that. Have they help their selves first?

1 Like

Re: Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs by AutoReportNG: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2017
princetom1:

Eh, u mean they see this kind opportunity and they are MIA, God pls dash this mumu company brain. On a serious note, everything about this innoson company seems like a child's play and before anything happen, u will hear, we need government support, this and that. Have they help their selves first?

Please refrain from name calling abeg... Innoson still remains a baby, they are growing each day and I hope and believe they can do better as time goes on...
Re: Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs by princetom1(m): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Please refrain from name calling abeg... Innoson still remains a baby, they are growing each day and I hope and believe they can do better as time goes on...

Hmnn... Action speak louder than words.

1 Like

Re: Ford Recalls 400,000 Transit Vans - And Seven Suvs by princetom1(m): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
AutoReportNG:

By the way, aren't u going to post about that lucid air car? I mean the tesla model s competitor come year 2019

(1) (Reply)

Help On Radio Code Of Honda CRV 2000 MODEL / National Awards: Isn't This Scenario Where Honourees Should Be Drawn From (Pic) / I Need A Car For Uber / Taxify

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.