Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. (654 Views)

Joyce Oyedepo And Abimbola Olaleye Wedding (Pictures) / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by prezulite(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, others kick against compulsory Islamic studies in school Author: Adeola Opeyemi UPDATED: AN HOUR AGO VIEWS: 17662 Category: Local news SHARE ON FACEBOOK SEND VIA EMAIL SEND ON WHATSAPP SHARE ON FACEBOOK SEND VIA EMAIL SEND ON WHATSAPP - Top Christian religion leaders have kicked against the removal of Christian Religion Studies (CRS) in Secondary School curriculum - They argued that if CRS must be removed from the students curriculum, Arabic should be removed too - The Christian leaders also urged all Christian students to boycott the compulsory Arabic classes Top Christian religion leaders have all raised their voices to reject the imposition of Arabic studies on Christian students in Secondary schools in Nigeria. Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Bishop Mike Okonkwo of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM); Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church; Rev. Felix Omobude and Pastor W.F. Kumuyi of Deeper Life Church, have all ordered Christian students to boycott the compulsory Arabic classes. NAIJ.com gathered that the top pastors spoke, last week, after a meeting in Lagos under the auspices of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN). According to a report by Vanguard, the pastors at the meeting called for immediate reversal of the revised Basic Education Curriculum, especially the removal of Christian Religious Studies as part of an subject known as Religion and National Values, and maintained that Christian Religious Studies should stand on its own as a separate subject just as it has always been. READ ALSO: Evans may escape from prison - security operatives jittery over notorious kidnapper They criticised the move to impose Arabic Studies on every secondary school student in the country, stating that the federal government has no right to force any Nigerian student at any level to study Arabic Studies. The leaders urged the Christian students all over Nigeria to "not attend Arabic classes" claiming that the government has no authority to force the children to attend the classes. Omobude, who is the PFN national president, Oyedepo and Okonkwo all said: “We are aware of orchestrated plans to subtly use this policy as a means of forceful religious indoctrination and we maintain our stand against it.” ADVERTISING ADVERTISING inRead invented by Teads inRead invented by Teads PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app “Government has no right to force subjects on any any Nigerian child neither does it have the authority to drop Christian Religious Studies at the Senior Secondary School level while asking him/her to continue to read Islamic Studies which he/she cannot do at university level." Bishop Oyedepo said, emphasising that by stopping Christian Religion Studies, CRS, automatically meant that it would not be embraced at the tertiary institutions. Meanwhile, the Christian Association Nigeria (CAN) has called on the federal ministry of education and the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) to publish the full details of the controversial new curriculum of education if they have no hidden agenda. Speaking through its president, Dr Samson Ayokunle, CAN alleged that there is discrimination against Christian students in the curriculum. ADVERTISING inRead invented by Teads Watch video of Nigerians giving their opinions on whether Nigeria can remain as one: Read more: https://www.naij.com/1112812-pastor-adeboye-oyedepo-kumuyi-kick-compulsory-islamic-studies-school.html
Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
uyaima:
Na so

Yorubaangel:
It seems APC government just love confusion... RNV to me is just as confusing as the government in power because I don't know why 3teachers will be taking a single subject. why not let the status quo be and introduce new subject like social/moral value if need be... Arabic language to majority down south is synonymous to Islamic studies and we have limited French teachers/graduates in the country... This I'm sure will fuel the Islamization agenda propaganda and will give the secesionist the reason to push harder...

read this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3877014/crs-removal-lies-ignorance-curriculum
Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by uyaima: 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
Na so
Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by Yorubaangel(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
It seems APC government just love confusion... RNV to me is just as confusing as the government in power because I don't know why 3teachers will be taking a single subject. why not let the status quo be and introduce new subject like social/moral value if need be... Arabic language to majority down south is synonymous to Islamic studies and we have limited French teachers/graduates in the country... This I'm sure will fuel the Islamization agenda propaganda and will give the secesionist the reason to push harder...
Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by OtemAtum: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
See the agents of yahweh and allah are currently confused. Their gods are currently serving a long jail time in their spiritual cage. Lemme kip watching as the sheeple and goats are dancing in confusion jare. Brain Users shall arise and religion shall be turned to soot and shadow. cool
Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by Chikelue2000(m): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Yorubaangel:
It seems APC government just love confusion...
This ur Nick tire me self

Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by Yorubaangel(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Chikelue2000:
This ur Nick tire me self
Sorry bro... Can I wish you quick recovery cos it seems that position deh sweet you grin grin grin
Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by Yorubaangel(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
xstry:

read this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3877014/crs-removal-lies-ignorance-curriculum
Oga I don't care about the politics behind it but its sensitivity to the populace... there are lots of stupendous and very good policies made by Jonathan and other Nigeria presidents... Utilisation of the policy is not by compulsion but a choice just like TSA which I think the present government should have considered it's pros and cons before rolling it out especially with the current tension in the country... any policy that'll spell division should be laid to rest while the government should focus on policies that will improve our dwindling economy and strengthening our unity ...
Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
Yorubaangel:

Oga I don't care about the politics behind it but its sensitivity to the populace... there are lots of stupendous and very good policies made by Jonathan and other Nigeria presidents... Utilisation of the policy is not by compulsion but a choice just like TSA which I think the present government should have considered it's pros and cons before rolling it out especially with the current tension in the country... any policy that'll spell division should be laid to rest while the government should focus on policies that will improve our dwindling economy and strengthening our unity ...

you obviously have a problem understanding written English.
How could you have missed out on this
As far as the listing is concerned, they (CRS and IRS) are standing as distinct courses, but merged under one subject listing.” He also explained that, “in each of these, we made provisions for periods to be set aside for teaching CRS, we have periods set aside for IRS, and we have periods set aside for teaching Social Studies. When we developed the curriculum, we also developed the teachers’ guide; and each of these teachers’ guide is separate
no where did the article talk about scrapping crs

1 Like

Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by Yorubaangel(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
xstry:

you obviously have a problem understanding written English.
How could you have missed out on this
no where did the article talk about scrapping crs
Then you have problem with comprehension if not you would have seen my argument on that on my first post...
Re: Pastor ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO And KUMUYI Warn Students Not To Attend Arabic Classes. by Oladimejyy(m): 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
This is a lie. Pastor Folorunsho Kumuyi doesnt speak anything. Op God will punish you for lieing against MOG.. dont say i didnt tell you oo

(1) (Reply)

A Trivial Emergency - A Teaching About "Tithes" By Brother Arome Osayi / Was Apostle Paul Married? / UK Declares Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Church, Christ Embassy, Insolvent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.