Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

November 11th (a True Life Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / November 11th (a True Life Story) (467 Views)

Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / May, 2004 (a True Life Story) / Red Night (true Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

November 11th (a True Life Story) by durapro(m): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
All Rights Reserved.

This story titled 'November 11th' is based on true life conditions and experience of a man interviewed during the process of writing. The names, characters, and some part of the Incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author’s Imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.
The author asserts the moral right to be identified as the Author of this work.
No part of this book may be reproduced in any written, electronic, recording, or photocopying without written permission of the publisher or author. The exception would be in the case of brief quotations embodied in the critical articles or reviews and pages where permission is specifically granted by the publisher or author.

Durapro

nelsondurapro@gmail.com
Re: November 11th (a True Life Story) by durapro(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
chapter 1, Episode 1:

It was a bright Saturday morning, everyone acclaimed. Was it really bright for me? I just woke up to the bitter reality that I don't know where my day's bread will fall from. Though, I did not sleep hungry last night, she brought me her food and we ate it together. For the fact that I was merely a kid, I knew even if I had nothing, I still had my self esteem and it doesn't speak well of me, collecting food from a girl. who exactly was she? Her name is Esther, she and her three elder sisters with her parents stay in the same compound as my mum, sis and I.

"Don't worry Paul" she said to me, "see, today my Daddy will be going to Asaba and when he comes back he will bring bread. shey you will eat na?" she completed what she was saying and realised that I wasn't even paying attention to what she just said. The next thing I remembered was "taow!!! " her mum came with a loud smack on her back and pulled her ear, dragging her to the kitchen.

Not that Mama Gift was wicked to us, but Esther did not do her chores that morning. Her Mum has been calling her but she snubbed. So she searched for her and found her in our usual place, meant for only the two of us.

Esther was two years older than me, though I was more matured and she was more cunning. She was my elder sister's age mate. is liked her. I liked her genuine smartness.

About me

My name is Paul Oshioke Ahmed. I hail from Etsako West L. G. A of Edo state, but we reside in Okpella, Edo state. I was only four years old at that time, but believe me, I was far wiser and matured than nearly all my mates. Maybe because of my past experiences, maybe just nature.

My Mum and I were really poor. But does it mean that I was born poor? I was actually born with a golden spoon so to speak. when I was born, barely nine months old, tragedy struck and I became a pauper. A downtown pauper. I was born in March with a 'golden' spoon and in 'NOVEMBER 11TH', i was welcomed by terrible hardship. I was with no spoon at all. I couldn't even afford a rubber one.

Tragedy struck!!!!!

keep in touch for the next episode ���
Re: November 11th (a True Life Story) by Priscy01(f): 7:38am On Jul 03, 2017
Will be back

(1) (Reply)

The Unwanted / Top Five Places You Should Visit This Christmas / How I Make Money Writing Online, And 2 Reasons Why You Dont

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.