Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine (1373 Views)

40 Northern NBA Chairmen Pledge Allegiance To Akpata / 602 Repentant Boko Haram Members Swear Oath Of Allegiance To Nigeria / Nnamdi Kalu Made No Such Statements - Femi-fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine by akelicious(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Two former governors of Abia State, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu and Chief TA Orji, are still bitter with each other. Not even respect for the dead could make them control their emotions as they tore at each other verbally at at Oboro, Ikwuano LGA of Abia State during a burial ceremony over the weekend.

Barely controlling himself, immediate past governor of the State, Senator T A Orji maintained that his predecessor forced all political appointees in the State to swear oaths of allegiance to him and his mother at Okija shrine, but he did away with such fetish practices as governor.

The two political gladiators clashed at the Ntalakwu Secondary School. Oboro venue of the funeral ceremony for former Secretary to the Government, Dr Elekwachi Nwogbo.
Chief Orji Uzor Kalu who attended the event with his brother, Mascot Uzor Kalu and bus loads of his supporters threw the first punch when invited to speak.
Kalu who recently joined APC and is facing a N2.7b fraud case at the Federal High Court, used the opportunity to praise the departed man. He went further to throw not so veilled snide remarks against his successor, Chief T A Orji who also served with the late Nwogbo in his administration.
OUK narrated that while he served as governor, the late Dr Nwogbo helped him to ensure that workers and pensioners were taken care of instead of suffering with no hope. He also claimed that Abia State stopped working after he left the government and since then no other Governor has been able to do as well as he did.
When he was invited to speak, the immediate past governor, now representing Abia central senatorial district, Senator T A Orji, praised the work ethics of the departed former SSG who worked with him while he was serving as Chief of Staff in the government led by Orji Uzor Kalu.
Sen. Orji who attended the event with his wife subsequently launched into counter attacks against his former boss.
Sen. Orji declared: "if there is nothing else I achieved as Governor of Abia State I can at least beat my chest and say I ended idol worship in this state. On my watch, Commissioners and appointees didn't have to go to Okija or any other shrine to pledge allegiance to me and my mother or wife. Even the inherited debts and outstanding salaries/pensions were largely settled and I left the state as one of the least indebted in the country while adding many legacy projects that Abia people are enjoying to date"
He went further: "it is on record that I am the only elected former Governor of this state that our people massively elected to represent them at the senate whereas others have tried many times and were rejected by our people."
more details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/07/orji-kalu-made-us-swear-oaths-of.html

Re: Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine by Mrjo(m): 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Thief against thief i like that
Re: Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine by careertalks: 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
Abia state is like this today is because of these two devils..... I just pray that one day that nemesis will catch up with them...
Re: Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine by potent5(m): 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
This is no news. What if you took such oath? What came of it? You didn't keep to it, so why still bicker about it?
Re: Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine by segebase(m): 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
oo
Re: Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine by yang(m): 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ndi oshi

This is the kind of devils the zoo election produces

And you say we should keep voting for them

Zoo evil baboon republic called nigeria
Re: Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine by slivertongue: 12:21am On Jul 03, 2017
Orji Vs Orji= the sides of a coin

(1) (Reply)

How Did Babatunde Abracadabra Fashola Dissapear A Bilion Naira Market Contract? / No Amount Of Hatred Will Obliterate Buhari’s Achievements – Lai Mohammed / Is ATIKU ABUBAKAR The Best Northern Shot For 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.