Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo (1434 Views)

Apc Still Leading In Anambra Election- New Results / Liveupdate On Anambra Election From The 21 Local Government-pls No Comments / List Of Candidates For Anambra 2014 Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2010
Anambra guber poll: Soludo wants Option A4
News

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, yesterday expressed his wish for the adoption of Option A4 in the conduct of February 6 election.
Soludo, who was reacting to questions from reporters at the PDP National Secretariat on his level of preparedness for the coming poll, said the method would enable people to determine the clear winner without much delay.

He said: “I think we are getting set. It is not over until it is over. Preparations are in top gear and I think the campaign has gained a lot of momentum. All the opinion polls that have been released so far indicate that we are far ahead of the crowd and one is fairly optimistic that if the election if free and fair, we will have a resounding victory at the poll.

“We are praying for free, fair and credible election. For me personally, I would have preferred option A4 for the purpose of this election so that it becomes loud and clear who has won and who has lost. I’m ready and set and I believe that come next week, Anambra people will vote for me.

Meanwhile, Senate President David Mark, Federal House of Representatives Speaker Dimeji Bankole, 28 PDP governors and other party officials and members across all levels are expected to gather in Onitsha, Anambra State tomorrow for a grand rally in honour of its gubernatorial candidate, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo.

A statement by PDP National Publicity Secretary, Prof. Rufai Ahmed Alkali, called on all members of the party to grace the rally for a new Anambra State.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13387:anambra-guber-poll-soludo-wants-option-a4&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=119
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2010
Option A4 is still the best option in Nigeria, if People Deceive People (PDP) will allow.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by desgiezd(m): 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
Thats the best option and it should be adopted for all elections.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by becomricch: 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2010
you dont know what option A4 is.

Option A4 is not acceptable anywhere in the world.

I dont see Soludo winning. Soludo I do not think can win. Ngige and 2 other are better place to win.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by desgiezd(m): 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2010
becomricch:

Ours is a peculiar situation and it is the best for us under these circumstances
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by becomricch: 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2010
No it is not, democracy is one man , one vote. if we remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state would solve that problem.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by desgiezd(m): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2010
There you go again, Becomricch
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Hardtalk: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2010
becomricch:

I dont see Soludo winning. Soludo I do not think can win. Ngige and 2 other are better place to win.

Yes, it might not be the best or even acceptable anywhere in the world, but it gave us a good status when last we used it. That way, the likes of Andy Uba will never smell government house. Without Option A4, PDP has won already. I will advice Soludo to prepare his inaugural speech.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by paddylo1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
Meanwhile, Senate President David Mark, Federal House of Representatives Speaker Dimeji Bankole, 28 PDP governors and other party officials and members across all levels are expected to gather in Onitsha, Anambra State tomorrow for a grand rally in honour of its gubernatorial candidate, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo.

what an invasion. . lol. .

seriously though i hope he wins
and i wish soludo or fashola will become our president come 2015. . . . .
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Hardtalk: 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2010
paddy_lo:

I pray it remains a wish, because even Gbenga Daniels did better than both, until he got a second term in office.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Eziachi: 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2010
Can someone remind Soludo that he actually belong to PDP and PDP don't do no-rigging for elections. Some one should shake him up, I think he is in a trance.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by metalgong5(m): 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2010
Rubbish!!
Option A4 or no Option A4, the ruling party will always rig elections. I was in Nigeria in 2003 and I witnessed the voting trend in at least 10 polling stations in Awka, Anambra state. In all these polling stations that I personally visited, the results were counted and announced in front of all the voters present, with Peter Obi of APGA winning atleast 50% of the votes while Ngige of PDP was struggling to escape the last position with other relatively unknown candiates. The story was the same in all polling stations except in Alor where Ngige is a son of the land.

What happened in the next few days after the election wasnt new to Nigerians as Ngige of PDP was declared winner of the election; after all the government will draft millitary men to Anambra state to quench any riot or break down of law and order.
But being a dogged fighter, Peter Obi found succour in the judiciary and fought for his stolen mandate till he reclaimed it. And this is one of the reasons why PDP and Ngige (now AC) dont hide their disdain for Peter Obi's administration.

The problem with Nigerian elections has nothing to do with electoral methods but it is something borne in of the views Nigerian political elites have of the populace: That Nigerians are powerless people who can easily be intimidated and kept mute.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Hardtalk: 12:05am On Jan 30, 2010
metal-gong:

Rubbish!!
Option A4 or no Option A4, the ruling party will always rig elections. I was in Nigeria in 2003 and I witnessed the voting trend in at least 10 polling stations in Awka, Anambra state. In all these polling stations that I personally visited, the results were counted and announced in front of all the voters present, with Peter Obi of APGA winning atleast 50% of the votes while Ngige of PDP was struggling to escape the last position with other relatively unknown candiates. The story was the same in all polling stations except in Alor where Ngige is a son of the land.

What happened in the next few days after the election wasnt new to Nigerians as Ngige of PDP was declared winner of the election; after all the government will draft millitary men to Anambra state to quench any riot or break down of law and order.
But being a dogged fighter, Peter Obi found succour in the judiciary and fought for his stolen mandate till he reclaimed it. And this is one of the reasons why PDP and Ngige (now AC) dont hide their disdain for Peter Obi's administration.

The problem with Nigerian elections has nothing to do with electoral methods but it is something borne in of the views Nigerian political elites have of the populace: That Nigerians are powerless people who can easily be intimidated and kept mute.

Indeed, it might not have to be with the method, but option A4 can reduce rigging. Nigeria and Nigerians know the right thing, and I guess Soludo too knows the game, that is why he feels he might be cheated out. Anyway, with PDP's flag in his hands, I will still say it, let him prepare his speech as governor.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by vigasimple(m): 12:07am On Jan 30, 2010
paddy_lo:

The invasion by the political bigwigs of the PDP is a very silent and powerful 'blackmail/duress of the electorate' PDP is saying, hey look we are big and huge an the power that be, vote for our man or you don't get anything from the Federal government. In as much as that it is not illegal under our constitution, it is an unecesary show of power/strenght and not different from thugs.

Instead of them legislating and governing about and find their missing President , they have the audacity to be campaigning when they cannot deliver.

Secondly, I think SOLUDO is using Anambra Governorship position as a launching pad for the Presidency coms 2015. He has more money than Anambra state as of today, from the CBN job and wining and dinning with IBRU et al

LEADERSHIP is the biggest challenge facing this country. There are too many theieves parading themselves as leaders and politicians.

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE

NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT COUNTRY, DUBIOUS LEADERS grin grin grin
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 30, 2010
Vigasimple you should be more grown up than those childish allegations against the person of Soludo.

Meanwhile people must realise that those who perpetrated havoc in 2003 Anambra PDP are no longer in PDP. PDP is just a name, what matters is the players involved. Those who played it dirty are no longer in PDP.

The beneficiary of the 2003 dirty games is now the AC candidate while the rest have either been pushed to Labour Party or PPA where they can associate with their bed fellows who are willing to sign away Anambra Budget even before getting into office.

What Soludo is leading is an effort for PDP rebirth. The Igbo Gentleman of the East Alex Ekwueme will pass the barton to Soludo tommorow in Onitsha to lead effort to recapture his vision for the PDP.

But at the rate we are going its possible for those who actually rig elections to actually form new party and still rig themselves in because they no longer bear the name PDP. Governor of Oyo State may even become a born again politician and credible politician by simply changing party. Just like the kind of credibility Orji Kalu seems to be enjoying these days because he is no longer in the PDP. Even though he Orji played crucial role in the evil PDP committed.

WE are at risk of repeating our trouble days because of our insatiable quest for anything but PDP.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Hardtalk: 10:43am On Jan 30, 2010
mikeansy:

What Soludo is leading is an effort for PDP rebirth. The Igbo Gentleman of the East Alex Ekwueme will pass the barton to Soludo tommorow in Onitsha to lead effort to recapture his vision for the PDP.

Things are really happening just because of election in one state. So many postulations!.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Hardtalk: 10:43am On Jan 30, 2010
mikeansy:

Things are really happening just because of election in one state. So many postulations!.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by texazzpete(m): 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2010
mikeansy:

Meanwhile people must realise that those who perpetrated havoc in 2003 Anambra PDP are no longer in PDP. PDP is just a name, what matters is the players involved. Those who played it dirty are no longer in PDP.

The beneficiary of the 2003 dirty games is now the AC candidate while the rest have either been pushed to Labour Party or PPA where they can associate with their bed fellows who are willing to sign away Anambra Budget even before getting into office.

So Emeka Offor donating over 100 million Naira to SOludo's campaign does not fill you with worry, abi? Wasn't Offor the first Godfather even before the Uba family came up? The fact that Soludo moves around with confirmed crooks like Anenih does not tell you that your 'reborn PDP' is nothing but a farce?

I don't know if you actually read what you type, imagine you throwing barbs about people 'associate with bedfellows' when your idol Soludo is openly in bed with some of the most evil bedfellows in Nigeria.

mikeansy:

WE are at risk of repeating our trouble days because of our insatiable quest for anything but PDP.
The only true revolution that can happen in this country of cowards is to decisively weaken PDP so that progress can be made in this country. Sadly, Esaus like yourself are happy to sell your birthright for a pot of porridge. You would happily vote this evil party in just because you've been bamboozled by one man's degrees.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by kshow1(m): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2010
I think Soludo is day dreaming for PDP will never win a free and fair election in Anambra state.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 30, 2010
Texxa

Weaken the PDP? To whose benefits? For the benefit of the AC of the SouthWest?

We are tired of regional politics, we will rather be in the mainstream.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by safeact(m): 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2010
D fact is d Soludo wouldnt allow himself 2b a pet 4 anyone. I v d feelings that he will deliver if he is given d mandate. He has his reputation at risk globally if he messes up. I blv he still enjoy some intl immunities when he travells!
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by chidichris(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2010

God pls kill these men above for us and nigeria will begin to move forward.
all the names mentioned above represent rigging, fraud and scams in nigeria.
these are the men who have refused nigeria to move forward.
can there be any form of fatal attack that will eradicate the devils above even their families.
tell me who ur friends are and i will tell u who u are.
soludo is a friend to all the criminals in nigeria and as such can never be a saint among rogues.
God pls kill all of them that nigeria will move forward.
soludo leave anambra ppl to live their lives as slave trade can never be better than freedom.
anambra ppl must do their best to resist these slave masters.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Hardtalk: 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2010
chidichris:

God pls kill these men above for us and nigeria will begin to move forward.
all the names mentioned above represent rigging, fraud and scams in nigeria.
these are the men who have refused nigeria to move forward.
can there be any form of fatal attack that will eradicate the devils above even their families.
tell me who your friends are and i will tell u who u are.
soludo is a friend to all the criminals in nigeria and as such can never be a saint among rogues.
God pls kill all of them that nigeria will move forward.
soludo leave anambra ppl to live their lives as slave trade can never be better than freedom.
anambra ppl must do their best to resist these slave masters.

This is a dangerous prayer. Bros you harsh oh! shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Hardtalk: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2010
Where and when in Nigeria, has election results have not been mentioned at any Polling Boot? PDP has gone hi-tech in rigging, so that should not bother anyone. We all know the next Anambra governor, Shekinah!.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Hardtalk: 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2010
Prof. Soludo

Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2010
I[b]’ll declare state of emergency in Anambra – Soludo
From PETRUS OBI, Enugu
Tueasday, February 2, 2010
[/b]

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Anambra State, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, has said that he is in the race not only for the office of the governor but the burning desire to restore the state to the path of development.
Soludo who addressed Anambra traders at Ogbete Main Market Enugu at the weekend announced his intention to declare a state of emergency in Anambra State if given the mandate to govern the state from March 17, this year.

He stated that the situation in Anambra State at the moment, especially the poor state of infrastructure and the economy requires urgent action that would practically address the myriads of problems that have held the state down since its creation.
“Anambra has remained backward largely due to bad leadership and lack of focus by its leaders and this has made Awka, the state capital to remain a glorified village for too long.” He lamented that the commercial city of Onitsha with the largest market in Africa has been deserted owing to dearth of infrastructure, insecurity and poor economy.

“The present situation in Anambra is disturbing and we can not allow this to continue. One major problem with the state is that the elite have refused so take necessary steps to effective a positive change. I want to assure the people of Anambra that a change has come. After my victory at the polls next week and my subsequent swearing in , I will immediately declare a state of emergency in Anambra State .

All those who ran away from the state will return and together we shall join hands to return Anambra to the path of progress,” Soludo said.
Insisting that his dream of an “African Dubai – Taiwan ” is realizable if given the mandate, the governorship candidate said he had the capacity to attract national and international support and collaboration that would make the dream come true. “We will exploit our contacts and networks within the Federal Government and among the international development partners to the advantage of the state,” he said.

Soludo also blamed the lingering tussles over his candidature to his refusal to settle some party stakeholders and some aspirants who contested the PDP gubernatorial ticket with him, saying he had deliberately declined to negotiate on the basis of financial settlement because he was not ready to squander the state’s resources on “political settlement.”

He revealed that he had been under pressure to negotiate with some party stakeholders and governorship candidates who failed in their attempts to fly the party’s flag. He disclosed that he turned down such moves because he was not prepared to mortgage the resources of the state to any individual or politician.
“The moment you open yourself to any negotiation with these people somebody will come and tell you that he spent N300 million to build the party or contest the election and insist that he must be refunded as a condition for supporting me. I am not ready to go into such negotiation because the development of our state is more important than the personal interest of any individual. In the first place, from where will the money for the settlement come? I will never do that because I cannot spend a dime from Anambra’s finances on frivolities.

I’ll declare state of emergency in Anambra – SoludoFrom PETRUS OBI, EnuguTueasday, February 2, 2010SoludoPhoto: Sun PublishingMore Stories on This SectionPeoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Anambra State, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, has said that he is in the race not only for the office of the governor but the burning desire to restore the state to the path of development.Soludo who addressed Anambra traders at Ogbete Main Market Enugu at the weekend announced his intention to declare a state of emergency in Anambra State if given the mandate to govern the state from March 17, this year.He stated that the situation in Anambra State at the moment, especially the poor state of infrastructure and the economy requires urgent action that would practically address the myriads of problems that have held the state down since its creation.“Anambra has remained backward largely due to bad leadership and lack of focus by its leaders and this has made Awka, the state capital to remain a glorified village for too long.” He lamented that the commercial city of Onitsha with the largest market in Africa has been deserted owing to dearth of infrastructure, insecurity and poor economy.“The present situation in Anambra is disturbing and we can not allow this to continue. One major problem with the state is that the elite have refused so take necessary steps to effective a positive change. I want to assure the people of Anambra that a change has come. After my victory at the polls next week and my subsequent swearing in , I will immediately declare a state of emergency in Anambra State .All those who ran away from the state will return and together we shall join hands to return Anambra to the path of progress,” Soludo said.Insisting that his dream of an “African Dubai – Taiwan ” is realizable if given the mandate, the governorship candidate said he had the capacity to attract national and international support and collaboration that would make the dream come true. “We will exploit our contacts and networks within the Federal Government and among the international development partners to the advantage of the state,” he said.Soludo also blamed the lingering tussles over his candidature to his refusal to settle some party stakeholders and some aspirants who contested the PDP gubernatorial ticket with him, saying he had deliberately declined to negotiate on the basis of financial settlement because he was not ready to squander the state’s resources on “political settlement.”He revealed that he had been under pressure to negotiate with some party stakeholders and governorship candidates who failed in their attempts to fly the party’s flag. He disclosed that he turned down such moves because he was not prepared to mortgage the resources of the state to any individual or politician.“The moment you open yourself to any negotiation with these people somebody will come and tell you that he spent N300 million to build the party or contest the election and insist that he must be refunded as a condition for supporting me. I am not ready to go into such negotiation because the development of our state is more important than the personal interest of any individual. In the first place, from where will the money for the settlement come? I will never do that because I cannot spend a dime from Anambra’s finances on frivolities.

I’ll declare state of emergency in Anambra – SoludoFrom PETRUS OBI, EnuguTueasday, February 2, 2010SoludoPhoto: Sun PublishingMore Stories on This SectionPeoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Anambra State, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, has said that he is in the race not only for the office of the governor but the burning desire to restore the state to the path of development.Soludo who addressed Anambra traders at Ogbete Main Market Enugu at the weekend announced his intention to declare a state of emergency in Anambra State if given the mandate to govern the state from March 17, this year.He stated that the situation in Anambra State at the moment, especially the poor state of infrastructure and the economy requires urgent action that would practically address the myriads of problems that have held the state down since its creation.“Anambra has remained backward largely due to bad leadership and lack of focus by its leaders and this has made Awka, the state capital to remain a glorified village for too long.” He lamented that the commercial city of Onitsha with the largest market in Africa has been deserted owing to dearth of infrastructure, insecurity and poor economy.“The present situation in Anambra is disturbing and we can not allow this to continue. One major problem with the state is that the elite have refused so take necessary steps to effective a positive change. I want to assure the people of Anambra that a change has come. After my victory at the polls next week and my subsequent swearing in , I will immediately declare a state of emergency in Anambra State .All those who ran away from the state will return and together we shall join hands to return Anambra to the path of progress,” Soludo said.Insisting that his dream of an “African Dubai – Taiwan ” is realizable if given the mandate, the governorship candidate said he had the capacity to attract national and international support and collaboration that would make the dream come true. “We will exploit our contacts and networks within the Federal Government and among the international development partners to the advantage of the state,” he said.Soludo also blamed the lingering tussles over his candidature to his refusal to settle some party stakeholders and some aspirants who contested the PDP gubernatorial ticket with him, saying he had deliberately declined to negotiate on the basis of financial settlement because he was not ready to squander the state’s resources on “political settlement.”He revealed that he had been under pressure to negotiate with some party stakeholders and governorship candidates who failed in their attempts to fly the party’s flag. He disclosed that he turned down such moves because he was not prepared to mortgage the resources of the state to any individual or politician.“The moment you open yourself to any negotiation with these people somebody will come and tell you that he spent N300 million to build the party or contest the election and insist that he must be refunded as a condition for supporting me. I am not ready to go into such negotiation because the development of our state is more important than the personal interest of any individual. In the first place, from where will the money for the settlement come? I will never do that because I cannot spend a dime from Anambra’s finances on frivolities.

Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2010

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/feb/02/national-01-02-2010-05.htm
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by naijaswag1: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2010
The line go long oh!
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2010
Oboma1:

He lamented that the commercial city of Onitsha with the largest market in Africa has been deserted owing to dearth of infrastructure, insecurity and poor economy.“The present situation in Anambra is disturbing and we can not allow this to continue. One major problem with the state is that the elite have refused so take necessary steps to effective a positive change. I want to assure the people of Anambra that a change has come. After my victory at the polls next week and my subsequent swearing in , I will immediately declare a state of emergency in Anambra State .All those who ran away from the state will return and together we shall join hands to return Anambra to the path of progress,” Soludo said.Insisting that his dream of an “African Dubai – Taiwan ” is realizable if given the mandate, the governorship candidate said he had the capacity to attract national and international support and collaboration that would make the dream come true.

African Dubai! grin grin grin
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by slimghost(m): 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2010
onye oshi
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2010
Option A4 he is clamouring for, will never win election for PDP. He is only trying to hide their rigging technique.
Re: I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo by Oboma1(m): 11:10pm On Feb 02, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Option A4 he is clamouring for, will never win election for PDP. He is only trying to hide their rigging technique.

grin grin grin grin. Indeed, reading technique!.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mega City: Uk To Invest £30m In Lagos Metro Line, Brt / 2011: Turai Yar'adua Eyes Senate / Nigeria's Most Important Asset Is. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.