Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,104 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nigerian Christian Leaders Vs The Curriculum's Mandate On Arabic Studies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Christian Leaders Vs The Curriculum's Mandate On Arabic Studies (513 Views)

Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors / Reflections On Arabic Inscriptions On Nigeria's Currency / Christian Leaders Reject Buhari During Osinbajo's Nocturnal Visit To Yola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Christian Leaders Vs The Curriculum's Mandate On Arabic Studies by Livewryta: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
The idea of the current Nigerian academic curriculum forcing students to take Arabic studies while subverting Christian Religious Studies under Religion and National studies seems partial, but then again Traditional (Cultural and Ancestral) Studies have been subverted under Yoruba language and other seemingly less relevant history related courses before even I was in kindergarten. I haven't found any complains on the internet because of how irrelevant its ties to our constitution is.

The United State's constitution recognizes the bible, and even religion and as such made a defence for it in the constitution and so it's value can never be undermined at any level.

With that being a foundational hamartia in our very own dark skin club here, it's only fair that efforts are made to adjust them - hence the inevitability of constitutional amendments.

However, i just read in the news that Pastor Adeboye of the redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Kumuyi of Deeper life Church and Dr Oyedepo of Winners Chapel have "ordered" all Christian students to snub Arabic Studies classes.
To the average Nigerian, that sounds like a step in the right direction... But I'm no average.
I mean seriously... They asked?... Asked? No law suits? Or anything legal that can actually stand?

I mean, just two days ago, a Nigerian (Mr. Toyin Dawodu) with no political ties (known so far) sued for information about the president's whereabouts as well as his health status... Because he can... And because we deserve to know! And just a few days later, the headlines have changed to "Nigerians are asking...suing probably"... That might not get anywhere, but at least it brought the question back to the table after being masked in political fumes for more than two weeks.

If we want to matter, its up to us to make ourselves matter.
If religious leaders want the position of religion in the stakes of this country's modus operandi to be at least recognizable... Then legal steps need to be taken to make sure of it because that's literally the only way!
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders Vs The Curriculum's Mandate On Arabic Studies by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
Livewryta:
The idea of the current Nigerian academic curriculum forcing students to take Arabic studies while subverting Christian Religious Studies under Religion and National studies seems partial, but then again Traditional (Cultural and Ancestral) Studies have been subverted under Yoruba language and other seemingly less relevant history related courses before even I was in kindergarten. I haven't found any complains on the internet because of how irrelevant its ties to our constitution is.

The United State's constitution recognizes the bible, and even religion and as such made a defence for it in the constitution and so it's value can never be undermined at any level.

With that being a foundational hamartia in our very own dark skin club here, it's only fair that efforts are made to adjust them - hence the inevitability of constitutional amendments.

However, i just read in the news that Pastor Adeboye of the redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Kumuyi of Deeper life Church and Dr Oyedepo of Winners Chapel have "ordered" all Christian students to snub Arabic Studies classes.
To the average Nigerian, that sounds like a step in the right direction... But I'm no average.
I mean seriously... They asked?... Asked? No law suits? Or anything legal that can actually stand?

I mean, just two days ago, a Nigerian (Mr. Toyin Dawodu) with no political ties (known so far) sued for information about the president's whereabouts as well as his health status... Because he can... And because we deserve to know! And just a few days later, the headlines have changed to "Nigerians are asking...suing probably"... That might not get anywhere, but at least it brought the question back to the table after being masked in political fumes for more than two weeks.

If we want to matter, its up to us to make ourselves matter.
If religious leaders want the position of religion in the stakes of this country's modus operandi to be at least recognizable... Then legal steps need to be taken to make sure of it because that's literally the only way!
If they do you would complain why they went to court
Re: Nigerian Christian Leaders Vs The Curriculum's Mandate On Arabic Studies by Livewryta: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
asuustrike2009:

If they do you would complain why they went to court
I'm really surprised that anyone would think that of me... since it was I who suggested it to be the only reasonable move in the first place.
My point is; In war, you need to recognize what field you're playing in... and use only forces relevant in such battles to get your win.

By giving out such request.. don't you think they're in a way, inciting violence in advising students to go against their teachers... considering the fact that said teachers are just as bound to the curriculum as they are?

(1) (Reply)

Painful Exit Of And Erudite Orator: Dr Yusuf Maitama Sule / Why Nigerians Must Stop The Agitation For Biafra Led By Nnamdi Kanu, Obasanjo / Jigawa State Declares Public Holiday For Buhari Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.