Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

New Yam Festival Clash-nigeria, A Kid In 57 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Yam Festival Clash-nigeria, A Kid In 57 (458 Views)

Igbos Celebrate New Yam Festival In Ghana (Photos) / Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Attends Imo Yam Festival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Yam Festival Clash-nigeria, A Kid In 57 by megastarjec(m): 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
Sorry if it hurts you. Sorry if it feels uncalled for, sorry if you got an emotional rag but this country called Nigeria is still a kid in 57. Agreed there have been developments since the independence of this country in 1960, there seems to be a place where we are yet to develop and grow, our mindset. recent happenings in the country show it all. From the regional and tribalistic sets of yearnings to the shout of breakups are a summed up of our immature and underdevelopment both in mind and structure.

Now to my worry. A festival over the years that have been a joyous and glamorous celebration gathering people of all to a moment of enjoyment, raising sweet discussions and topics of the lightened display of various acts in the celebration has now turned to be an arena of blood, taking lives and destroying properties in Kwara state. The class i heard started with an announcement and counter announcement leading what we now see as a communal clash. What a pity!

This shows how we as Nigeria has so become self in mind that we no longer agree if our names are not mention in the golden boat call. We prefer to loose the ball to passing it to another to score. The Kwara clash is only an example to all clashes ever recorded in the country, traceable to self. No wonder we are where we are as a country.

How can we grow when the families are still fighting? How can the bigger family become great when the smaller ones are still self inclined. No wonder we still fail to get it right politically, economically, socially, institutionally and otherwise. When a common announcement of a date of the new yam festival now results to a bloody communal clash leaving numbers of death. Nigeria truly is still a kid in 57.

Well as believers, I still believe we shall grow and that will come when we leave self alone.

Long live us, Long live the republic of Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

What Is It With Self-made Ladies That I Don't Know? / Adage Of The Day And Its Meaning / Ibadan New Kings Distance Themselves From Ladoja's Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.