Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

What Is It With Self-made Ladies That I Don't Know? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is It With Self-made Ladies That I Don't Know? (459 Views)

Learning Chinese Language In Nigeria May Be More Rewarding That I Thought / Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" / I Don't Know The Gods As Well As Nigerians But I Know Baba Sango (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is It With Self-made Ladies That I Don't Know? by Vicben(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2017
Recently, I've found myself wondering much about the nature of self-made ladies in our society today. This is borne out of the conversations I've had and heard from mostly young bachelors who are looking forward to getting married to their dream partners.

While some are advocating that young people should marry women who are working in order to supplement the man's income during the hard times, others are of the opinion that marrying an already made wife is an open invitation to domestic and matrimonial terrorism in your home.

Today, many of our young, talented and visionary sisters have become victims of this later thought. Our culture and tradition at many points segregate women from taking a major role in the society but have given them the championship role in the kitchen and the other room activities (PMB).

A few years ago, a mobile web app came out (www.brideprice.com.ng) that could be used to measure the pride price of a Nigerian wife to be. Although the developers of the app have stated clearly on the app that it's only a joke, it still depicts the true Nigerian culture. In the app, a women's bride price reduces once she has a Ph.d

I'd like to have your opinion to the following:

- Why do men and the society general think an educated woman is a deadly weapon to be kept in a young man's home?.
- Why do women also like to assume the leadership role in the home when their husbands are still there?
- Who would you marry?
Re: What Is It With Self-made Ladies That I Don't Know? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2017
Why are men scared of self-made independent women?

If they are really weapon then you have no right to call the dependent ones leeches/gold digger after your goddamn money.

You got what wished for.
Re: What Is It With Self-made Ladies That I Don't Know? by whitebeard(m): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2017
grin I say we wait on the Gods..!!

(1) (Reply)

Our Ancestors Are Not Evil.... By ODIMEGWU ONWUMERE / Karva Chauth Moon Rise Time / ABIS Mold(hk) Technology Co.,ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.