Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,963 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me (6993 Views)

Poll: Should she listen to the prayer warriors and dump her boyfriend?

Yes: 20% (16 votes)
No: 80% (64 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye Driving The Husband Pastor Adeboye In A Throwback Photo / Ten Types Of Prayer Warriors!! / Churches Raise Prayer Warriors Against Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 05, 2007
i wonder why you are bothering to "ask" these question. who are those "prayer warriors"? Dont be shocked the "annointed" fellow may be one of them.
Go and marry thy hearts desire and don't be decieved by those whose prayer do not go beyond the ceiling.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by jaybaby(f): 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2007
4 once 2 i'm in agreement with d person above me undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by mikowen10: 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2007
"As i said previously, just bcuz i have a BF does not mean i don't have other suitors, just like any other girl, abi girls no be so? But you know marriage is not dating or even courtship. I am a true believer that God knows wats best 4 me so i try to listen to him always and make sure i am not blocking any one out. I just think its wiser that way.  I don't know that other guy at all. spoke to him last in 2005. all i know is that he is a good xtian, (according to him, but i think its true), goes to the same church as i do, he is a doctor here in the US, he is 32 and he is from the same state with me thats all. I know nutin else.

Well, lets see what God says. Cuz He is the only one that knows the future.

Thanks to u all once again. you guys are really helping me put things into perspective"

Your comments which I have posted above makes you sound rather foolish.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2007
@ mikowen

WHY? IF I MAY ASK. . .
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Radiant(f): 9:15pm On Feb 05, 2007
Phbabe, how d'u know he's a good christian?
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2007
because he goes 2 church everyday and when we talked in 2005 he always prayed at the end of our conversations. plus, he is alwayz wit his bible and prayer stuff (like when he came 2 visit). he always talks about God. He is a gospel singer, he has a gospel CD out. idunno.

we don't live in the same state sha so. . .
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Radiant(f): 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2007
And what will you say about some pastors? They're equally good because they preach and write books? undecided
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by PHBABE(f): 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2007
@ radiant
you are very right. thats y i say i dont know him well enuf. hmm . . . i know that wit God on my side, i will make the right decision undecided
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by mikowen10: 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2007
Phbabe, you ask why I say you sound rather foolish ?

Well it appears to me that you want to eat your cake and have it. If you supposedly care and love someone and want to marry him I am still not clear as to why it would even matter if other guys are talking to you. If you really loved this guy the other guys' names wouldn't even occur to you, not to talk of making a list with their names. Also, your reasons for saying your Doctor friend is a christian are so shallow, he goes to church ? he has a gospel CD ? For God's sake Snoop Dog,50 cent and The game all go to church and have gospel tracks so please snap out of it! The question is "are you a christian ?"
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by exu(m): 9:37pm On Feb 05, 2007
Wow, how is this a good way to choose a supposed life partner?

Smacks of superstitious nonsense if you ask me.

I can't believe that some people still choose to live like this.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by saintchux(m): 10:58pm On Feb 05, 2007
[quote ]
If you have a BF of 3 years that you love so much, how come there were other people on the list
you gave your mum?
[quote][/quote]

You are the cause of your problem. You have a BF of 3yrs whom you claim that you love and when it comes to whom you should married you provided 3 names. Why are you crying now. you should have given them the name of your BF. Or are you in doubt. or probably you have 3 B/F and don't know which one to pick.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Radiant(f): 11:06pm On Feb 05, 2007
But seriously, if you're really in love with someone, you'll fight tooth and nail to keep that person. I remember my own story very well.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by whiteroses(f): 12:26am On Feb 06, 2007
wish you bestluck and consider your happiness first
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:35am On Feb 06, 2007
I wish you could answer WHY you had other names on the list?

I thought she already explained T that the list was of people that are "interested in her", not just people she's in a relationship with.

lol my grandmother did the same for me once, told me that my then boyfriend, that his mother would give me alot of problems when we marry cheesy
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by LadyT(f): 12:56am On Feb 06, 2007
I understand that but I dont think she should be so upset that he was not named. There must of been something that prompted her to give the names of her other admirers.

I do think these things cant always be rubbished. My uncle was told not to marry his now ex wife they lasted 10years before she went pyscho complete waste of time if you ask me if only he listened.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ima1(f): 1:19am On Feb 06, 2007
OMG i have never heard of anything stupid, Duh how would they not pick him, he already asked for your hand in marriage and your parents accepted of course he is gonna be their number one choice, i wonder why you are crying or why you stupidly went and tell your bf, i wouldn't blame him if he breaks up with you. for christ sake na prayer warriors go decide which man you go marry or are they the one that will like with ur husband forever, please o, i don't think prayer warriors have any say in this matter, Only God tells you who to marry, he doesn't come and reveal it to a bunch of people.

and why in the world would you be adding other people name to the list when you know u are serious with one guy, oh well na you dig hole for yourself, so get out of the hole urself.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:22am On Feb 06, 2007
I still dont understand why people dont get why she added people on a list of ADMIRERS.

either way she shouldnt be bothered. she obviously loves the dude and that's all to it.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Radiant(f): 1:26am On Feb 06, 2007
Been thinking about this shit. Is it actually fair if her parents choose a man for her and lie that it's God's choice for her (according to the prayer warriors)

I'm a prayer warrior myself! wink
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ima1(f): 1:26am On Feb 06, 2007
well it didn't stop her from adding movie actors she loved, add Denzel Wahington or Ramsey Nouah, i bet your mama go pick either one of them,

i still think she isn't sure she wants to end up with her boyfriend, thats why she added her exes or whoever name she added.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:28am On Feb 06, 2007
she didnt add exes. do you even know what admirer means? obviously not else you wouldnt have made that fav actor comment

whatever, i give up on you people.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Radiant(f): 1:30am On Feb 06, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

whatever, i give up on you people.

Kai!!! Tiffy Darling! grin grin grin
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by LadyT(f): 1:30am On Feb 06, 2007
But did they give any explaintion of WHY he was the wrong one?

If you believe in this why dont you go to another set of prayer warriors (what denomination are you) and ask again?
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ima1(f): 1:31am On Feb 06, 2007
lol of course i know what admirers mean, point is she really didn't need to add anyone else except her boyfriend to the list.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:35am On Feb 06, 2007
I just think the parents of the poor girl are just trying to scare her into marrying a family friend
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Radiant(f): 1:37am On Feb 06, 2007
O ma se o! tongue
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:41am On Feb 06, 2007
Rad you craze  tongue
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Radiant(f): 1:42am On Feb 06, 2007
cheesy
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by benjibabs(m): 5:16am On Feb 06, 2007
I am surprised that 99.9% of replies to this tread chose to believe the obvious! angry Are we saying there is no longer God in heaven or better put no more genuine prayer warriors Besides, does duration of courtship or in this case "going out" guarantees the success of marriage If a marriage of donkey years could collapse in a jiffy how much more three years of ORDINARY "going out" - BFing and GFing!!! Apologies to the originator; i don't wish you broken relationship o. The originator did not claim to be a prayer warrior neither did she say that she prayed (pls correct me if am wrong) before choosing MR. Right yet the forum chose to go with her flow for reasons I cannot even guess . . . Haba! Nairalanders, is it that we have met with so much wolves in sheep clothing that we now generalized or was it because she mentioned her mum and her family's disposition to this other guy that we chose to believe they are acting this up For the fact that PRAYER WARRIORS were involved, and came up with different choice I will simply advise the originator to be cautious. What if she had sent in the name of her BF alone and the prayer warrior still said he was not the one? Furthermore, for her to have sent in the names of these "strangers" along with her BF's name, to me, simply meant she was not sure of her choice and probably needed another person's opinion and these divine folks' contribution was too good to allow to slip by since she probably believes they are in direct touch with heavens. And, like one reply rightly pointed out, her BF's reaction brought her back to the land of realities.

It takes two to tango, so goes the saying . . . If you tango with the right person, the foot steps will fall in place with the rhythm of the song and the result will be smooth and beautiful dance grin. But if you tango with the wrong person . . . . . . . oh-la-l-ashious!? shocked#@ shocked^*& , have you heard of (not even seen o) what is called MACABRE dance before

So, my advice to you is that You and yourself alone should go to God in prayers, wait on him for as long as it takes for Him to talk to you. If you have not heard from him before, start a personal relationship with him and you will eventually learn to hear from Him. When you MUST have received a CRYSTAL clear direction from your creator, then and only then should you go to a genuine Christian (not church goer, bible carrying folks, etc o) for confirmation; your pastor, trusted prayer partner, GVA, SB, or even another set of PRAYER WARRIORS grin grin grin should do. The importance of making the right decision at this junction cannot be overemphasized as getting married to the right person accounts for almost 90% of one's chances of fulfilling one's divine destiny. cool

Best of Luck!
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by jgirl3: 6:50am On Feb 06, 2007
About this, I just think that you should personally pray. Someone close to me went through the same thing and she ended up dumping the guy only for her to meet her true Mr. Right. You may never know. Just pray on your own.
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 06, 2007
@ PHBABE
"As i said previously, just bcuz i have a BF does not mean i don't have other suitors, just like any other girl, abi girls no be so? But you know marriage is not dating or even courtship. I am a true believer that God knows wats best 4 me so i try to listen to him always and make sure i am not blocking any one out. I just think its wiser that way. I don't know that other guy at all. spoke to him last in 2005. all i know is that he is a good xtian, (according to him, but i think its true), goes to the same church as i do, he is a doctor here in the US, he is 32 and he is from the same state with me thats all. I know nutin else.

Well, lets see what God says. Cuz He is the only one that knows the future.

grin grin grin This "God" that you are claiming, na inside belle im dey! My dear if i had to "pray" for a husband too, i'll see visions of a medical doctor working in the USA! It does not matter that i've been dating someone for 3 yrs claiming to love him while being emotionally unfaithful to him on the side. Keep "waiting on God", na so obasanjo talk when he was trying to illegally foist himself on us for an unconstitutional third term!

because he goes 2 church everyday and when we talked in 2005 he always prayed at the end of our conversations. plus, he is alwayz wit his bible and prayer stuff (like when he came 2 visit). he always talks about God. He is a gospel singer, he has a gospel CD out. idunno.

we don't live in the same state sha so. . .

grin grin grin grin grin grin I remember one so-called "prayer warrior" like that who married one fine sister way back more than 10 yrs ago! He was forever praying and "studying the scriptures", guess what? Within 2 yrs into the marriage, he went mental and today his wife has had to struggle on her own with 2 boys for the last 7-8 yrs!
I dated a chic last yr who practically lived in the church, always insisted on praying at the end of all our conversations. She'd call just to read me a bible passage sometimes, my dear! I thought i had met the one! Until i realised that too much of a good thing is bad!
Soon you'll get bored of the constant "prayers", what would you do then?

My friend told me something early last month, when you chase 2 birds in the bush you will end up with none. Stick to one man and marry him, stop perambulating like Mr. Lot looking for where the grass is greener while camouflaging it as "waiting on God"!
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by jess(f): 11:19am On Feb 06, 2007
Hi girl,
i can imagine how you feel cos my step mom objected to my dating my fiancee and i was really devastated. However, with prayers everything has been resolved and we are planning our wedding. My advice to you is that you should ignore that advice of those fake prayewr prophets and follow your heart. It's really sad that people rather praying for themselves, give money to so called prayer warriors who dont even know their left from their right. The act of using prayers as a means of enriching one's self is a sin and who ever does it is obviously an agent of the devil and not God. We know that nothing good comes from the devil, and like the Bible says the devils comes as a thief to steal, kill and destroy. Dont let the devil kill, steal and destroy your happiness.
You and your boyfriend should pray about your relationship together on a daily basis. Commit your relationship to God. You can talk to Him one on one not through anyone. Prayer warriors change your destiny to favour themselves, not you. And in this case, am so sorry to say that they will change it for your mum's sake if she tells them she doesnt like your BF. Dont let them ruin your future cos the guy they chose as the right one for you, is not. Believe me. Present your case before God, He's the only one that can rewrite the destiny of men for good. He is not selfish like man and He'll give you the best of the best. Just ask Him together with your BF.
Rededicate your relationship to Him now first by desisting fom having sexual relations with your BF until marriage. It will help you against any attacks from the devil and make you worthy to ask from Him anything you want. Try it. If it worked wonders for me, it will do much more for you. Chao. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me by okwosi: 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2007
Trust in d lord with all ur heart and lean not on ur own understanding in all ur ways acknowledge him and he shall direct u, becos he knows best what u deserve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salvation Is Free / Top Celebs Who Mocked God And How They Ended. / How Can I Read The Bible Well?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.