Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

‘ghosts Are Frustrating Me In Benue’- Governor Ortom Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘ghosts Are Frustrating Me In Benue’- Governor Ortom Cries Out (507 Views)

Arewa Youths React To Aisha Claim That Two Powerful People Are Frustrating Buhar / Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help / Fulani Herdsmen: Presidency Has Abandoned Us - Benue Governor, Ortom Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘ghosts Are Frustrating Me In Benue’- Governor Ortom Cries Out by daveyoungzy: 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has declared that dead workers and some others who are supposed to have retired are still collecting salaries in his state, thereby frustrating his efforts..He said the development had greatly increased the state’s wage bill to N7.9bn monthly, which he said was toomuch for his government to handle.Ortom said this in an interview with State House correspondents shortly after attending a meeting at thePresidential Villa, Abuja during the weekend.The governor said although he was committed to timely payment of workers’ salary, this could not be achieved with the unsustainable wage bill.He expressed the hope that a verification exercise, which will last three months, would bring sanity to the system.Ortom said, “You will recall that I declared a state of emergency on‎payment of salaries, and I want to have the capacity topay salaries as andwhen due because a worker deserves his wages.“We discovered that there were so many leakages on our payroll and ghost workers and other infiltration here and there.“I think that a wage bill of over N3.2bn is too much at the state level. And when you add pensions and gratuity, you are talking of about N43.29bn.
Read more http://ogbudave..com/2017/07/ghosts-are-frustrating-me-in-benue.html

Re: ‘ghosts Are Frustrating Me In Benue’- Governor Ortom Cries Out by eyeview: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
The national chairman of Ghost Workers Union of Nigeria is in London, from where he is collecting full salary and entitlements from Nigeria
Re: ‘ghosts Are Frustrating Me In Benue’- Governor Ortom Cries Out by TimeMod1: 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
Is this one a governor?

Re: ‘ghosts Are Frustrating Me In Benue’- Governor Ortom Cries Out by Blackfire(m): 6:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
Who is the chairman of ghost workers commander in CHIEF of Nigeria?.

Answer this and win a lucky prize *winks*
Re: ‘ghosts Are Frustrating Me In Benue’- Governor Ortom Cries Out by mKc9ET(m): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Did he took their thing?
Re: ‘ghosts Are Frustrating Me In Benue’- Governor Ortom Cries Out by BabaRamotu1988: 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
but where's ortomatic omenkalives? grin

(1) (Reply)

The Genocide On Igbos / Cattle Breeders Walk Out Of Parley To End Mambila Plateau Crisis / Become A Whistle Blower And There’d Be No Need To Do Yahoo Again - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.