Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. (867 Views)

"My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines / Vertical City Mall For Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by Masterclass32: 6:22am On Jul 04, 2017
The General Overseer of the Living Faith Bible Church, Bishop David Oyedepo has said the quit notice issued by Arewa youths asking Igbos to vacate the North on October 1 will not stand.

Addressing his members yesterday, Oyedepo said Nigeria would continue to remain an indivisible entity where everyone and all the ethnic nationalities would be free to live and achieve their purpose.

According to Oyedepo, “Freedom of worship and religion would continue to be the identity of the nation. The October 1 ultimatum will not stand. Nigeria will remain one entity where everyone would be able to live and work wherever they like.”

Describing the ultimatum by Arewa youth as mere manipulation to create unrest, which was not necessary, Oyedepo said, “We will keep on declaring the peace of God in this land. No one will succeed in bringing Nigeria to war, no group will succeed in bringing this nation to crisis.”

The clergyman noted that there would be no war in this nation, instead “freedom of religion and worship shall remain the identity of this country.”

He declared that Nigeria shall not go down “our economy shall recover, we will record quality in our education system. Nigeria will not be sold to slavery.”

Urging Nigerians to pray for the country, Oyedepo said, “It is time to engage the prayer altar for our beloved nation, because he that seek the peace of Jerusalem shall prosper.

“Nigeria will not go backward; it will keep going forward forever. Speak peace; pray peace, love peace and peace shall reign in our land. Every injustice will be flushed out of our land and equity shall rule our national life and be our national law.”

www.dailypost.ng/2017/07/03/igbo-quit-notice-bishop-oyedepo-said-arewa-youths/
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by ORACLE1975(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2017
sure
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by etebefia: 6:35am On Jul 04, 2017
Why can't we call a spade a spade, today you tell school children to boycott Arabic studies, tomorrow you say Nigeria will continue to be one. Is it not obvious that the components of this country are totally different in all aspects including culture, language, interest, religion and what have you. Why not divide the country so that those who want to make Arabic their official language can easily do that?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by nototribalist: 6:36am On Jul 04, 2017
So that you can continue to make more money, in the name of miracles.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by Eastfield1: 6:37am On Jul 04, 2017
the same way you predicted that GEJ will win the 2015 election typical Yoruba. we shall see at the end

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by Eastfield1: 6:37am On Jul 04, 2017
etebefia:
Why can't we call a spade a spade, today you tell school children to boycott Arabic studies, tomorrow you say Nigeria will continue to be one. Is it not obvious that the components of this country are totally different in all aspects including culture, language, interest, religion and what have you. Why not divide the country so that those who want to make Arabic their official language can easily do that?
don't mind the fools
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by feelgoodInc: 6:38am On Jul 04, 2017
if this is a prophecy then he's wrong but if it's a normal saying then he's wrong again, Why isn't he asking his resident pastors what's happening all over the country.
doesn't he know people will start boycotting his churches especially from the East and south, MASSOB said something last week, maybe he didn't listen, he should go to the streets and ask the common man what they think rather than saying things that are contrary.

none of the preachers in that region are preaching about this because they've seen the handwriting on the wall, MENE MENE TEKEL PARSIN
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by onatisi(m): 6:43am On Jul 04, 2017
etebefia:
Dont let nigerian politicians use and dump you. There is nothing like breaking up in their minds,they are only using all these agitation propaganda for political stunts ,by 2019 all of them will be various parties campaigning and contesting for various posts,by may 2019 they will be in house,senate ,presidency and etc and be laughing hard at the stupidity of those following them now. All these things na politics. Nigerians shine ur eyes and brains

Ok ooo.
Wettin concern me sef? Kin saa ti lowo
**walks out of thread**

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by nrexzy: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2017
Bless I afonja pastor...... grin grin United Nigeria

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by Benekruku(m): 6:44am On Jul 04, 2017
That should be after flat-headed dwarfs secede from Nigeria to there land locked erosion ridden region

After that is when Nigeria will remain one!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by etebefia: 6:52am On Jul 04, 2017
onatisi:

Dont let nigerian politicians use and dump you. There is nothing like breaking up in their minds,they are only using all these agitation propaganda for political stunts ,by 2019 all of them will be various parties campaigning and contesting for various posts,by may 2019 they will be in house,senate ,presidency and etc and be laughing hard at the stupidity of those following them now. All these things na politics. Nigerians shine ur eyes and brains

Ok ooo.
Wettin concern me sef? Kin saa ti lowo
**walks out of thread**
So who is that politician that will use and dump me? I guess that politician hasn't been conceived. Whether anyone has 2019 political ambition or not is not my business but the truth is that we are not one and those who are in position to speak up should do so.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by houstonia(m): 6:56am On Jul 04, 2017
Hausa wan put sandsand for pastors dem garri

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by funlord(m): 6:57am On Jul 04, 2017
nrexzy:
Bless I afonja pastor...... grin grin United Nigeria

It is still after 6am in the morning when you made this post? You probably have not had a bowel movement? Had breakfast? Seen your parents? Brushed your teeth or even thought of how your day would go? But the first thing that has crept into your skull as usual is afonjeezys? Na wa.....grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by legislatively: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2017
He's the richest pastor in the world, yet Nigerians are poor to the core, establishing a university even members cannot afford.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by Moreoffaith(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2017
if person talk now dem go dey shout touch not my anointed.
make I sit down dey look jare.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by onatisi(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2017
etebefia:

So who is that politician that will use and dump me? I guess that politician hasn't been conceived. Wether anyone has 2019 political ambition or not is not my business but the truth is that we are not one and those who are in position to speak up should do so.
It is very good that you are not following them,some dumb fools will still follow these politicians shouting breaking up and eventually lose their lives,property or get permanently maimed all in the process of supporting these politicians. At the end of tthe day these politicians will win elections and continue enjoying their lives.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by nrexzy: 7:02am On Jul 04, 2017
funlord:

It is still after 6am in the morning when you made this post? You probably have not had a bowel movement? Had breakfast? Seen your parents? Brushed your teeth or even thought of how your day would go? But the first thing that has crept into your skull as usual is afonjeezys? Na wa.....grin

funlord:

It is still after 6am in the morning when you made this post? You probably have not had a bowel movement? Had breakfast? Seen your parents? Brushed your teeth or even thought of how your day would go? But the first thing that has crept into your skull as usual is to judge me? Na wa ooooo ....grin kiss :'
tongue
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by Masterclass32: 7:03am On Jul 04, 2017
I gum body with the Bishop on top this matter.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by etebefia: 7:07am On Jul 04, 2017
onatisi:

It is very good that you are not following them,some dumb fools will still follow these politicians shouting breaking up and eventually lose their lives,property or get permanently maimed all in the process of supporting these politicians. At the end of tthe day these politicians will win elections and continue enjoying their lives.
Who are these politicians you are actually referring to? I want a break up of this country that's obviously not working and I'll rather die for my children to have a better future than continue to pretend that all is well in this country while I am been suffocated.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by onatisi(m): 7:44am On Jul 04, 2017
etebefia:
Who are these politicians you are actually referring to? I want a break up of this country that's obviously not working and I'll rather die for my children to have a better future than continue to pretend that all is well in this country while I am been suffocated.
Good luck to you baba as u pursue your aim. I wish you the best
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by clarocuzioo(m): 7:55am On Jul 04, 2017
I am not in support of breaking this country, but truth be told, this country will not survive as one with the present structure and injustice meted against a particular section of the country, nobody addressed the issues of 97% and 5% statement, lopsided political appointments, recent DSS recruitment, to mention but a few, and yet we want this country to be one, obviously it's a dream. A lot of injustices meted out to Ndigbo should be addressed for the survival of Nigeria,
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by DangotePikin: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2017
Eastfield1:
the same way you predicted that GEJ will win the 2015 election
typical Yoruba.
we shall see at the end
what do you benefit from lying against an elderly man? Nairaland has lost its value.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
nototribalist:
So that you can continue to make more money, in the name of miracles.
Ignorance is disease
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Nigeria Will Remain United - Bishop Oyedepo. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
feelgoodInc:
if this is a prophecy then he's wrong but if it's a normal saying then he's wrong again, Why isn't he asking his resident pastors what's happening all over the country.
doesn't he know people will start boycotting his churches especially from the East and south, MASSOB said something last week, maybe he didn't listen, he should go to the streets and ask the common man what they think rather than saying things that are contrary.

none of the preachers in that region are preaching about this because they've seen the handwriting on the wall, MENE MENE TEKEL PARSIN
TEKEL TATA WOZA.

(1) (Reply)

The Extreme Jesuit Oath. / Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) / Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.