Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. (863 Views)

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by chakula: 8:16am On Sep 04, 2017
Jesus is the son of man, the OT tells us not to trust the son of man:

The New Testament makes it very clear that Jesus is the son of man:

Mat 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air [have] nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay [his] head.

Mat 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Luk 9:44 Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.

Luk 9:22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

Jhn 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

The Old Testament tells us not to put our trust in the son of man:

Psalms 146:

1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

So note, Jesus is the son of man, the OT tells us not to put our trust in the son of man; therefore we cannot place our trust in Jesus so he cannot be God. The OT is basically saying that you shouldn’t put your trust in men as you do with God, so hence we cannot put our trust in Jesus in the same way we do with God since Jesus is just a man, and he cannot really save us. So hence Jesus cannot be God.

1- Jesus is the son of man

2- The OT tells us not to put our trust in the son of man

3- We cannot put our trust in Jesus as we do with God

4- Jesus is not God

The OT also tells us that there is no help in the son of man, therefore this means Jesus cannot help anybody, therefore he is not God since God can help all. So we cannot place our trust in Jesus, nor can he help us, therefore he cannot be God according to the OT.
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by Benekruku(m): 8:24am On Sep 04, 2017
Very insightful piece about the Middle-East Storybook

Keeps contradicting itself
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by marooh: 8:36am On Sep 04, 2017
4- Jesus is not God

If you are not your father then you are grown He goat! grin

If a man said this is my son,
who are you to he is not his son!.

Or did you here that Jesus was kidnap by God...or that the family of jesus said that God is claiming their son.!

Bible is the word! all you have to do is to believe and you will see the manifest....

Father has all the right hand over his power to son in question!

Jesus is God and God is Jesus
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by princy80(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2017
marooh:

Or did you here that Jesus was kidnap by God...or that the family of jesus said that God is claiming their son.!

Bible is the word! all you have to do is to believe and you will see the manifest....

So much grammar, little sense. Please express yourself clearly Oga.
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by marooh: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2017
princy80:

Mr summary....what did I employ u for?
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by chakula: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
marooh:

Upon all the facts given above you are still try to display ignorance. Are you telling me all the verses qouted are not part of bible? And if you are ready for the debate kindly use verses in the bible to falsefy the verses above as your evidance.
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by chakula: 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
princy80:

Pls tell him. But I doubt if he will listen to you.
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by chakula: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
grin
Benekruku:

grin grin grin
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by Hier(m): 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
What about the Son of God

Matt4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

Mark 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Acts9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

1 Like

Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by chakula: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
marooh:

These are some of the reason that make Jesus turn to be a son of man which mary gave his birth grin
They are here in a descending order:
10- God cannot be born.
9- No explicit statement in which Jesus said, “I’m God” or “Worship me”.
8- No one can see God in this life.
7- Jesus never taught the Trinity.
6- God does not sleep, eat, drink, etc. Jesus slept, ate, drank, etc.
5- Jesus does not know everything.
4- Jesus explicitly states that he is not God.
3- The Bible does not call Jesus the son of God alone.
2- God cannot change. He is perfect.
1- God is the essence of the worship. He is the object of worship. Had Jesus been God, he would have told people to worship him. Truly, he did the exact opposite as in Matthew 15:9.
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by Hier(m): 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
chakula:

These are some of the reason that make Jesus turn to be a son of man which mary gave his birth grin
They are here in a descending order:j
10- God cannot be born.

God is a spirit, His breathe gave life to clay, same with Jesus

Luke 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

I personally believe trinity is a religious term, it was invented by men

What if He wants to, Gen 18:1 And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: . 7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. 8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

No comment

Jesus is sent by God

3- The Bible does not call Jesus son God alone.

He called Him, Son of God and Son of man

No comment, define your definition of change

1- God is the essence of the worship. He is the object of worship. Had Jesus been God, he would have told people to worship him. Truly, he did the exact opposite as in Matthew 15:9.20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Well, no comment
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by marooh: 6:55am On Sep 06, 2017
chakula:

They are here in a descending order:
10- God cannot be born.
3- The Bible does not call Jesus the son of God alone.
1- God is the essence of the worship. He is the object of worship. Had Jesus been God, he would have told people to worship him. Truly, he did the exact opposite as in Matthew 15:9.

Bible make us to understand that when jesus is been baptised at river Jordan, a voice from heaven said this is my son. Or you saying God is a kidnapper of jesus from Joseph and mary family?

Mr preacher! Ur son is you ok......

Remember
God is the creator of heaven and Earth, mother and father.....with his word or don't you believe father can transfer all the power to his son?
God bless
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Feb 27
chakula:
■ Jesus is the son of man, the OT tells us not to trust the son of man:
Mat 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air [have] nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay [his] head.
Mat 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house
Luk 9:44 Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.
Luk 9:22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.
Jhn 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
■ The Old Testament tells us not to put our trust in the son of man:
Psalms 146:
2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
■ So note, Jesus is the son of man, the OT tells us not to put our trust in the son of man; therefore we cannot place our trust in Jesus so he cannot be God. The OT is basically saying that you shouldn’t put your trust in men as you do with God, so hence we cannot put our trust in Jesus in the same way we do with God since Jesus is just a man, and he cannot really save us. So hence Jesus cannot be God.
4- Jesus is not God
The OT also tells us that there is no help in the son of man, therefore this means Jesus cannot help anybody, therefore he is not God since God can help all. So we cannot place our trust in Jesus, nor can he help us, therefore he cannot be God according to the OT
1. A Son of Man literally means one born from Adam or a descendent of his i.e. human. Moses was a Son of Man. David, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Elijah, Ezekiel, and Samuel were all sons of men. Yes, Jesus Christ was a Son of man but He was also a Son of God. undecided

2. In the same Old Testament you pulled that verse from, the very same one where in Jeremiah 17 vs 5, it is decreed that cursed is any man who puts his trust in man and makes flesh and blood his strength, you find that the same God urged His people to trust the Word of God spoken from the mouth of His prophets who were also Sons of men, ever wonder why?? undecided

3. Very wrong conclusion from your path given that in the same OT, you quoted those words from, the Prophets of God were all equally Sons of men. grin
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by constancefriday(m): 9:49pm On Feb 27
chakula:
Jesus is the son of man, the OT tells us not to trust the son of man:

The Old Testament tells us not to put our trust in the son of man:

Psalms 146:

So note, Jesus is the son of man, the OT tells us not to put our trust in the son of man; therefore we cannot place our trust in Jesus so he cannot be God. The OT is basically saying that you shouldn’t put your trust in men as you do with God, so hence we cannot put our trust in Jesus in the same way we do with God since Jesus is just a man, and he cannot really save us. So hence Jesus cannot be God.

4- Jesus is not God

The OT also tells us that there is no help in the son of man, therefore this means Jesus cannot help anybody, therefore he is not God since God can help all. So we cannot place our trust in Jesus, nor can he help us, therefore he cannot be God according to the OT.

Jesus is the Son of God, not the Son of Man.
Re: Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. by Kobojunkie: 1:14am On Mar 01
Benekruku:

The book isn't to blame for your confusion. Much of what is written is straight forward for those who are able to properly reason. That is why i suggest a quick review of a Logic course before you pick up to read any of the books in the collection. grin

(1) (Reply)

Three Major Reason's For Fake Prophet In Nigeria / General Overseer Olukoya (MFM) Involved In Illegal Importation Of Goods In US / Check Out The 2018 Lexus SUV A Church In Warri Just Bought For Their Bishop(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.