Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,288 members, 7,954,150 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:09 PM

See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night (34095 Views)

Soldier: The Python We Killed At Front Line Today / The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped / Python Killed At The Back Of My House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night by Jakumo(m): 12:30am On Jul 05, 2017
Besides the Gaboon Viper, no other snake in existence bears on its forehead a pair of devil's horns, so it is fitting that the venom mega-dose delivered at blinding speed by this snake ranks among the most potent, corrosive, and expeditiously fatal poison cocktails known to man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaboon_viper

Lying motionless for hours in its usual grassland and forest habitat among dry leaves, the distinctive geometric pattern of this snake's skin blends perfectly with the background, making this reptile virtually impossible to spot, even by the trained eye, as so many terminally unlucky farmers and hunters have discovered, during their last excruciating moments on Earth.

If there is one snake that must be killed with extreme prejudice on sight, it is the Gaboon Viper.

Re: See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night by aklaw1: 7:43am On Jul 05, 2017
Na everyday them they kill snake
Re: See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night by aklaw1: 7:45am On Jul 05, 2017
Na everyday them they kill snake
...follow me on IG ak47_collection and see the quality vintage shirts I sell @ affordable prices
Re: See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night by supereagle(m): 11:14am On Jul 05, 2017
Jakumo:
That snake is none other than the fabled Gaboon Viper, whose bite is one of the most deadly in the natural world.

The Gaboon Viper is particularly dangerous because it lies in wait, and does NOT flee when it senses human footfalls. These deadly serpents kill numerous farmers during the time of year when land is cleared for new crops, particularly in Northern Nigeria.

The bite of a Gaboon viper causes the leg or hand of the victim to decay, blacken and rot over a few short hours, thanks to the payload of haemotoxin that it packs. Concurrently, respiration, heartbeat and brain functionality are stopped for good, by the mega-dosage of neurotoxin also present in that snake's venom.

The teeth of the snake remain highly dangerous even after the snake may have been killed, in that they are capable of injecting a generous kill-dose, if accidentally allowed to so much as scratch the human skin.

I have shotgun-blasted a few of these snakes while hunting at night, when they become active, though I NEVER attempt to retrieve the remains, while always keeping a respectful distance from the mangled mess, as I move past them towards the corn-fields where grasscutters feast in the dark.

When a hunter like me talks , I enjoy the discussion. Jakumo must be a skillful sharp shooter,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Maryam Abacha University Students Die In Accident A Day After Final Year Exam / Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards / Local Divers Kill Huge Python In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.