Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,536 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Just Inquisitive About The Bible. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just Inquisitive About The Bible. (457 Views)

The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Inquisitive About The Bible. by Josephjnr(m): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
Considering the fact that larger portion of the Bible is history and revelation to men of God of the old and considering also that there is no written rule or principle guiding the writing ( being/becoming author) of the Bible,I think men of God of today should have the right to add history and revelations too for they have thesame access to heaven just like those of the old. I am saying,the holy bible should be opened to change(s) or alteration constantly until the end of time.

what is your view?
Re: Just Inquisitive About The Bible. by NoWorries7(m): 11:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy:3:16-17

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Proverbs:30:6

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation:22:18

Be wise....You are not wiser than he that giveth wisdom and understanding...
Ask he said, and it shall be given unto you.
My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
Proverbs:2:1-6,9

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is UNDERSTANDING.
Proverbs:9:10

1 Like

Re: Just Inquisitive About The Bible. by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 05, 2017
Josephjnr:
Considering the fact that larger portion of the Bible is history and revelation to men of God of the old and considering also that there is no written rule or principle guiding the writing ( being/becoming author) of the Bible,I think men of God of today should have the right to add history and revelations too for they have thesame access to heaven just like those of the old. I am saying,the holy bible should be opened to change(s) or alteration constantly until the end of time.

what is your view?

Brother,
What you said last is exactly why we have had & continue to have all of this chaos & confusion in Christendom.
People want to fit Christ into their life in order to make themselves feel comfortable...rather than seeking Him and allowing Him to be Lord of their lives.
It's fair to say that Nairaland is a micro-cosm of the world at large and its religious beliefs.
In here, we have blatant heresy, fanaticism--on both ends, "ignorantly" sincere searchers of truth, and that small remnant who are truly following all the Bible truths...
All of this a result of misinterpretation and changing/altering God's Word.
One thing is this: Christ will have His remnant (a small number)..a church without spot, wrinkle or blemish. The believers will all be on one accord...and will not sin...because they have overcome sin.

Revelation
2:11, 2:17, 2:26, 3:5 & 3:21
This will be before He returns.

The book of Revelation (prophecy mainly pertaining to end time events before Jesus' second coming) explains this thoroughly.
Re: Just Inquisitive About The Bible. by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 05, 2017
Josephjnr:

what is your view?
I realy love your reasoning. I had thought of this sometimes before.

But, no. Book of Revelations is the last book and would be the last book of the Holy Bible. Why? It foretells the end of this age and world.

Unless there's going to be another "2000" years, our life history would be added there. I wonder how it would seem like if it did.

God work according to his ways and his plans are in his word, we are also part of his plan, to defeat satan and take the sovereign rule as the king when he shall have declared a new heaven and earth(according to revelations).

He never changes, same with his word. No man can manipulate or tamper ther word of God. The new testament consists of the ministry of Jesus Christ, Acts of the Apostles, the epistles of the apostles. And there's nothing more than that and that would be added to it.
The word of God has been fulfilled and reached it fulness where no man can add to it.

And as my fellow brother above has quoted: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy:3:16-17

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why I Wont Blame The Jews / Israeli Police Ban Muslim Men Aged Under 50 From Friday Prayers In Jerusalem / If You Ever Jilt Christian God, CURSES FALL ON YOU!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.