Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus (15133 Views)

Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android / Google’s Android Apps Are No Longer Free / 7 Google Applications You Should Have On Your Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
cyrilfosy:

external memory card is not part of your andriod and mind you antivirus can't protect your external sd.

but it will protect your phone files from being attacked. Best is not to even use your SD card anyhow.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by shiftback: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
D4Daymoo:

looks like this will be covered in the kind of relationship between TrustLook and Tecno Mobile
yea, i remember trustlook. it is preinstalled on phantoms but not on the camon series. Any idea why?
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Behankey(m): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
Tecno brought Trustlook into the last Phantom phones. Some phone manufacturers can partner with cyber security experts to further protect the device. I don't really like third party app cleaners or antivirus
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by tsunade1979: 5:44am On Jul 13, 2017
gentlegenius:

Does it have Call blocking and anti Theft features?
no...you can adjust also the settings...
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by kogbaski99: 11:43am On Jul 13, 2017
My favorite is the number 4 it works well
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 15, 2017
shiftback:

yea, i remember trustlook. it is preinstalled on phantoms but not on the camon series. Any idea why?

That's true o! As a matter of fact, I believe it ought to be in all their devices, except the relationship is limited to phantom series alone.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by shiftback: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2017
D4Daymoo:

That's true o! As a matter of fact, I believe it ought to be in all their devices, except the relationship is limited to phantom series alone.
well hood thing it's on the play store so it can be downloaded and installed on any phone.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by saxby(f): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
I believe number 3 very well
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by paolokonqueror(m): 12:54am On Jul 24, 2017
Really? How so? If it were useless, There wouldn't be Antivirus in the Samsungs, Sonys, Tecnos and other brands

spoilerx:

useless for android phones
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by paolokonqueror(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
Okay this makes much better sense

shiftback:

The traditional virus problems of the kind you might see on Windows or Mac computers do no affect mobile platforms in the same way because of the way they were designed.
According to the folks at Google, There is absolutely no need to install any antivirus app whatsoever on your Android smartphone. However, most of these antivirus apps like the one listed by OP listed offer much more than just antivirus. The antivirus is usually just one component of the Android protection packages. So a stand-alone Antivirus app is not necessary tbh but it is a good-to-have feature as part of a bigger package. Such packages often include easy-to-use backup features for user’s data, privacy protection like sim lock, app lock and remote wipe in case the phone gets lost, etc.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 27, 2017
Chi59:

I love AVG That's the one I use.
Good one.
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2017
Iamdemola:

Nice one OP. You just spoke my mind here, with the regular updates and upgrades of OS, do we really need antivirus for own phones? I have just updated my Tecno L9+ too and I don't have any antivirus software on it.

cc lalasticlala, Mynd44, ishilove, Seun kindly move to FP abeg. let us learn.

I just got another updates on my CX yesterday

1 Like

Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
shiftback:

well hood thing it's on the play store so it can be downloaded and installed on any phone.

You mean the same TrustLook of Tecno?
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
funmyade:

It seems Tecno are just releasing updates for the CX regularly
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 28, 2017
D4Daymoo:

It seems Tecno are just releasing updates for the CX regularly

the Camon CX needs it
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2017
funmyade:

Nice grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by rammyblog: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hey Guys, That annoying Moment You Buy A New phone and you discover about 20 pre-installed apps that uses 2gb of storage space.

Well See How You Can Remove Them Here http://www.rammyblog.com.ng/2016/10/how-to-remove-bloatware-pre-installed.html
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by zanga420: 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
AntiNigerian:
This your post is incomplete without ESET ANTIVIRUS . In fact it should be No. 1
are you trying to compare eset with CM security?
Re: 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus by AntiNigerian: 12:12am On Jul 29, 2017
zanga420:
are you trying to compare eset with CM security?
ESET antivirus I know is paid for, dunno about CM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Data Subscription Or Free Browsing Are U Using now / How To Upgrade Blackberry Os / Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.