Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:34 AM

My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX (41032 Views)

Coronavirus: 4 In 10 Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In April - NBS / Nigerian Mum Who Lost Her Husband Is Now A Bricklayer WorkingTo Feed Her Kids / MOUAU Sacks Additional 370 Staff. See Picture Of The Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by linearity: 2:40am On Jul 07, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

I don't know but them again, But they were TEMPORARY employed, this knew their job was not secure. If that man left a perfectly good job for this nonsense temporary work, then let him take the blame.

Thought almost all jobs in Nigeria, probably close to 95% starts off as temporary or propationary and subject to further confirmation before they become 'permanent'?

I deliberately put 'permanent' under quotes as that is a misnormal, as there are truly no permanent jobs unless you are your own boss. You can be sacked for any reason whatsoever despite labor laws weak protections.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by ekene6801: 2:54am On Jul 07, 2017
am sorry, God will open another way
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 07, 2017
kayzat:

It is now that your relative is affected that you want to start fighting for justice ?

As insensitive as your comment may sound at this time.....i have actually learnt a lesson from it.....
we all know how to keep quiet and enjoy our lives even when others are suffering....when the table now shifts, we cry injustice....
The truth of the matter is there will always be injustice and wickedness in the land, until good pple decide not to keep quiet, the table will just eventually turn and that is why it always looks like evil and injustice is thriving...whereas we are the ones that won't allow the good in us overshadow evil

2 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by tomayira(f): 4:59am On Jul 07, 2017
Obudupikin:
Too bad.
Hope they have alternate source of income.

An advise to all those working; have a side investment/business somewhere.

No job is guaranteed.
. I totally agree with you, my husband and I has been out of job for over 2 years, we have 4 kids and stay in Port Harcourt. All thanks to helping hands international, its been paying our bills, with just N6600 and little work at your pace. You can be on your to a life of financial freedom, I'm a dial away 08037798195 (you can call or whatsapp me).
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by alen4smith(m): 5:20am On Jul 07, 2017
AmandaLuv:
Its a Federal government job. Due to security attached to Federal jobs he had to resign from a private firm he was working for before even tho the pay was higher and also to be close to the family. Nobody envisaged this
nothing is secured in Nigeria any longer.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by pek(m): 5:20am On Jul 07, 2017
It is easy to come here and evoke sympathy! Truth be told, the jobs were not gotten on merit. Saying God bless the former VC is not the issue. He created this mess and not the present VC. There are facts you have deliberately not mentioned. Their appointment was temporary! They could be asked to go at any time. The hiring by the former VC was lopsided, to favour his people. Lacked merit. Did you care to find out how a couple got that kind of appointment at the same time?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by femi4: 5:44am On Jul 07, 2017
AmandaLuv:
Its a Federal government job. Due to security attached to Federal jobs he had to resign from a private firm he was working for before even tho the pay was higher and also to be close to the family. Nobody envisaged this
Wrong move......The VC pays his salary

The VC sacked him.........That's not a Federal job.

In fg job, Fed govt pays you and won't sack you. The worst that can happen is for another ministry to absorb you.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by arinzest: 5:48am On Jul 07, 2017
Chicken has come home to roost. Please tell the house where your sis n her husband are from, when they started work and how much they paid if not of Nsukka extraction.

Please note that i sincerely feel for them but really, d VC had no option. Many old staff of d university are happy cos half salaries will now stop.

Not surprised u asked God to bless Edoga d serial philanderer. How can u employ over 400 people after new VC appointment had been confirmed?

Do u know that many lecturers with principles left cos of him voluntarily? The last batch of his boys he made Professors n Assoc Profs; how many publications did they have? Who assesed them?

Its only a fool that would think d quagmire left behind by Edeoga will not be cleaned. MOUAU was ran like a fiefdom. Which university committee approved d purchase of d shuttles? Who are d drivers? How much was d university making from d venture and how much were d drivers paying actually? Who was taking d balance?

4 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Reference(m): 5:54am On Jul 07, 2017
Haba. How man and woman go dey work for same organisation and go sleep with two eye close. This na Wisdom for Living: 101. From Garden of Eden, man dey train animal, woman dey farm.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by bsideboii(m): 6:03am On Jul 07, 2017
lilytender:

You can only save when what you earn is enough. If what you earn does not get to the middle of the month before finishing, how would you save?
No matter how little your salary is you can still save something. After harvesting you don't eat your produce and your SEEDS.What will you plant next season?

1 Like

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by castins(m): 6:09am On Jul 07, 2017
My dear, that's not the end of the world okay, its painful but believe me"God WILL NEVER LEAVE UR SISTERS FAMILY STRANDED ", I do not know how he will do it, but just watch. My family experienced such in the past, but suddenly the best happened n we even went about thanking God. Just pray.

1 Like

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Reference(m): 6:23am On Jul 07, 2017
bsideboii:
No matter how little your salary is you can still save something. After harvesting you don't eat your produce and your SEEDS.What will you plant next season?

Folks don't just understand what marraige is all about in the context of healthy living. The woman is there as a helpmate. So in this application she is there to 'help you save' for the rainy day. How: both of you earn an income. Thus the spending power of that family is rated on the income of either the husband or the wife not both. Folks, if you are married out there and you are both spending what you earn, then financial cataclysm is near. One party must invest or save 100 percent of what he or she earns for the future prosperity of the union. The trust and openess this generates further cements the couple but what we have these days are selfish, slimy, two tongued, double dealing men and women masquerading as couples whose only desire in marraige is to use the other party. Wisdom is not universal.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Mpotomisticai(m): 6:44am On Jul 07, 2017
My dear u and I know the truth about this whole issue.. I am from Ndume Ibeku and I am familiar with that sch... Edeoga messed up the whole system by not just over employing but he also employed a lot of 2'2 and 3rd class persons as ACADEMIC STAFF n teaching staff... The few of them with 2'1 were not sacked... He also over employed non academic staff too.. Some till date have no offices to be posted to... No doubt edeoga did wonderfully well as the best VC in terms of infrastructural development, but he also over populated the school with prostitutes.. Most pple that were employed were not employed on merit bases... Most paid btw 400000 naira to 800000 naira.. Its against The NUC rules to now employ someone with 2'2 as an academic staff even if the person has a masters degree

3 Likes

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Tex42(m): 7:17am On Jul 07, 2017
This is disturbing! Hard times...
All I know is that God will always make a way...
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Yamprince(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2017
Immediate past VC employs 460 people a few months to his departure........ and you honestly don't see irresponsibility on his part

Please let's call a spade a spade, which organization in this world can actually employ 460 people in one go and survive? Even major 'start ups' take it easy and staged.

For goodness sake, this is a publicly funded institution, we all know how Nigerian universities are scarcely funded and yet the former VC wants to increase that burden in a reckless manner.

Nigeria is one of the few places in the world, where everyone wants things to be done the right way but yet we are the first to scheme to take advantage of illegalities. I am sure if you check, most of, if not all of the so called newly employees are cronies of the former VC and his allies (Husband and wife getting appointment in the same recruitment process smells of 'long legs and connections').

I don't know the real intentions of the new VC (as he may have his own dubious intentions). However, if you are a product of a dubious process, you have little latitude to demand for justice!!

1 Like

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by 9japrof(m): 7:39am On Jul 07, 2017
Josmila:
Been working for close to a decade now, never heard of TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT, is it the same thing as being on probation which is usually 6 months? Cos it looks to me like he was a contract staff with stipulated employment period.

hehehehe thats the stupidity Management of institutions have been bringing up lately to eat and enjoy loot. Employ casual or temporal staffs and pay them stipends while they they eat the remains of their salary. Some of have worked in this condition for nothing less than five years...

if all the 450 staffs that were allegedly sacked where sacked because of they were temporal staffs, then there is nothing wrong there, The management can decide to extend or not their temporal appointments. In the appointment letter issued to them, i am sure the management inserted the clause that they can be relieved of the appointment at any given time.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Mrjo(m): 7:40am On Jul 07, 2017
joyAA:
Mehnnnn cry cry cry

All is well
Can't just begin to imagine the morale in that home!

But it is gonna be alright kiss kiss kiss kiss
Kisses n hugs to them
pls bring the kisses and hugs here they the dont need it give them letter
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by oshaosha2014(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2017
Hello oh! your contribution is your savings.

lilytender:

You can only save when what you earn is enough. If what you earn does not get to the middle of the month before finishing, how would you save?
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by onyxo76(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2017
EfemenaXY:
Never a good idea for husband and wife to work for the same employer
very true talk, me and my madam never collect June salary for Oau
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by onyxo76(m): 8:16am On Jul 07, 2017
slawomir:
Am also a federal staff uniben to be precise. Now try to read this article carefully and you might see a reason why they were sacked. We were supposed to be paid June salary even before now but due to the disagreement between school management/ union leaders versus accountant General of the federation we were paid today. More employment and sacking should be expected but am lucky I got my regularization and confirmation letter already

UNION LEADERS/SCHOOL MANAGEMENT VERSUS ACCOUNTANT GENERAL/NIGERIANS

Tertiary Institutions workers are yet to get their salary for the month of June. The Accountant General of the Federation refuses to release the salary because most tertiary institutions of education fail to comply with e-Payment requirement. Every institution is required to send names of its workers and their wage profile for direct salary payment into individual salary account from CBN.

Why are the tertiary institutions declining to comply? The e-payment will lead to many unpleasant consequencies against managements of the tertiary institutions. First, ghost workers will be exposed. Unapaid allowances will also be known to ordinary workers. Also underpayment of salary will come to an end. At the end of it all the workers will gain because underpayment and diverted allowances will come directly from the CBN into individual account. The Government will also gain since ghost workers money will be recorvered. This means in terms of gaining, the government and the workers are on the same side. In terms of losing the Management and the union leaders will lose what they cut and divert from wages and allowance and share. We know this to be so because in all the institutions where e-payment is effected, workers gained and management cried bitterly for loss of loots.

Now the battle line is drawn. The union leaders under the covert instigations of their respective managements are threatening to go on strike in the next two weeks. Unfurtunately the workers are kept in the dark about the true nature of the strike. Workers are being misinformed that if Government is allowed to start the e-payment(IPPS) many will lose their jobs and all will get less salary. These liers have gone to the extent of printing fake salary structure showing less money. This is to decieve the workers to give support to their conniving paid union leaders.

Workers must rise up against this planned strike. Workers must be aware that they will be the beneficiaries of this e-payment. If you know any worker where e-payment has already been implimented ask and hear about their benefit. It is called IPPS system.
It is time to say no to the union leaders who always fight only for their own interest.

Whatever the case, Government will not go back on cleaning the system for the good of all ecxept the corrupt administrators and union leaders. If workers allow this strike to go on, they should prepare for indefinite strike without salary. The administrators will eat what they stole, the union leaders will eat your union money, while the workers will turn into beggars as the industrial action goes on throught months. A lot of allowances have not been paid by the administrators , but the union leaders never call for a strike because they get their share. Why now when workers will get paid directly from CBN will the union go on strike?

For those who are observent, they might notice that appointment letters were given to many lucky people from the past five months to date in almost all tertiary institutions. It is part of the benefit of e-payment as the administrators are trying to replace ghost workers with real workers. In FCE Zaria alone I am aware of over two hundred ghost workers. In ABU Zaria, there is similar case where casual workers were included in regular payrol but were being paid pittance as casual workers. As you may notice, unusually many people were employed in ABU for the last five months. This is to cover up ghost space. The same thing is happening in other education and research related institutions. E-payment insisted on by the Accountant General has forced this corrupt and wicked people to employ people to cover ghost spaces. This is the first benefit. Workers will see the next benefit in the recorvery of their diverted allowances and cut salary if they resist the attempt to the fraudulent union leaders to on strike.
Now it is the time for workers to fight for their right to uncut salary and full salary. I believe the simple remedy is for the workers to dissolve any union EXCO that insist on going on strike or that goes on strike without their mandate. I have done my part of enlightening you, the rest is your choice
I work with Oau, we also have not gotten June salary is this ippis thing the cause for real what I heard was that there was a system crash that pays our salaries, anyway how did you people get paid
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by onyxo76(m): 8:27am On Jul 07, 2017
slawomir:
Am also a federal staff uniben to be precise. Now try to read this article carefully and you might see a reason why they were sacked. We were supposed to be paid June salary even before now but due to the disagreement between school management/ union leaders versus accountant General of the federation we were paid today. More employment and sacking should be expected but am lucky I got my regularization and confirmation letter already

UNION LEADERS/SCHOOL MANAGEMENT VERSUS ACCOUNTANT GENERAL/NIGERIANS

Tertiary Institutions workers are yet to get their salary for the month of June. The Accountant General of the Federation refuses to release the salary because most tertiary institutions of education fail to comply with e-Payment requirement. Every institution is required to send names of its workers and their wage profile for direct salary payment into individual salary account from CBN.

Why are the tertiary institutions declining to comply? The e-payment will lead to many unpleasant consequencies against managements of the tertiary institutions. First, ghost workers will be exposed. Unapaid allowances will also be known to ordinary workers. Also underpayment of salary will come to an end. At the end of it all the workers will gain because underpayment and diverted allowances will come directly from the CBN into individual account. The Government will also gain since ghost workers money will be recorvered. This means in terms of gaining, the government and the workers are on the same side. In terms of losing the Management and the union leaders will lose what they cut and divert from wages and allowance and share. We know this to be so because in all the institutions where e-payment is effected, workers gained and management cried bitterly for loss of loots.

Now the battle line is drawn. The union leaders under the covert instigations of their respective managements are threatening to go on strike in the next two weeks. Unfurtunately the workers are kept in the dark about the true nature of the strike. Workers are being misinformed that if Government is allowed to start the e-payment(IPPS) many will lose their jobs and all will get less salary. These liers have gone to the extent of printing fake salary structure showing less money. This is to decieve the workers to give support to their conniving paid union leaders.

Workers must rise up against this planned strike. Workers must be aware that they will be the beneficiaries of this e-payment. If you know any worker where e-payment has already been implimented ask and hear about their benefit. It is called IPPS system.
It is time to say no to the union leaders who always fight only for their own interest.

Whatever the case, Government will not go back on cleaning the system for the good of all ecxept the corrupt administrators and union leaders. If workers allow this strike to go on, they should prepare for indefinite strike without salary. The administrators will eat what they stole, the union leaders will eat your union money, while the workers will turn into beggars as the industrial action goes on throught months. A lot of allowances have not been paid by the administrators , but the union leaders never call for a strike because they get their share. Why now when workers will get paid directly from CBN will the union go on strike?

For those who are observent, they might notice that appointment letters were given to many lucky people from the past five months to date in almost all tertiary institutions. It is part of the benefit of e-payment as the administrators are trying to replace ghost workers with real workers. In FCE Zaria alone I am aware of over two hundred ghost workers. In ABU Zaria, there is similar case where casual workers were included in regular payrol but were being paid pittance as casual workers. As you may notice, unusually many people were employed in ABU for the last five months. This is to cover up ghost space. The same thing is happening in other education and research related institutions. E-payment insisted on by the Accountant General has forced this corrupt and wicked people to employ people to cover ghost spaces. This is the first benefit. Workers will see the next benefit in the recorvery of their diverted allowances and cut salary if they resist the attempt to the fraudulent union leaders to on strike.
Now it is the time for workers to fight for their right to uncut salary and full salary. I believe the simple remedy is for the workers to dissolve any union EXCO that insist on going on strike or that goes on strike without their mandate. I have done my part of enlightening you, the rest is your choice
I really appreciate your post such good information, but from my end here in ife its the ASUU that have always opposed this ippis platform as it will block what they get from other institutions where they also work, was it thru igr that you got paid or from abuja
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by Saintmary(f): 8:31am On Jul 07, 2017
AmandaLuv:
What is this world turnin into. My sister and her husband just lost their job in Michael okpara University of agriculture umudike with three kids to feed.
All thanks to the new VC Prof Francis otunta.
This VC sacked 460 staff of the University employed by the former VC Prof Hillary Odo edeoga(God bless him)
Now my sister and her family are left in the cold. The husband resigned from his job in lagos to be close to the family by accepting a job offer in mouau and relocating to umuahia.
The family are devastated.
I saw a front page material some time last week on NL about tension in Michael okpara University of agriculture umudike. now the worst has finally happened.
We need to speak against this injustice cos the new VC did this to punish the former VC Prof Hillary Odo edeoga.
they should organise a highly publicised protest (while searching for other jobs though),Sit in front of his office with other union members until the whole country hears about it. Dont just allow this injustice go like that. It's another form of corruption. They can get their jobs back if they can fight for it.

1 Like

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by newslifeop: 9:34am On Jul 07, 2017
Move on
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by aolawale025: 9:47am On Jul 07, 2017
God would open another door
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by fuck2017: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2017
PissedOffWeed:
That man is wickedly crafty....... That "temporary employment" heading is kind of misleading.... Tho there are some serious reasons that justifies some sacking....but truth is, the sacking is getting out of hand.... A university that actually lacks enough personnel to lecture doesn't need such landslide sacking without immediate replacement.....
The provision of better lecture halls should be top of His agenda!!!
We students suffer like mad during lectures!!
now, without 70% lecture attendance, no exams for you.... But how do you expect us to pack like Sardines to learn
When tension rises... He finds a way to pacify the students in order to avert protests and blind-fold the gullible ones from seeing the actually problems in the school!!!
Campus shuttle is no more running sef!!

God help Umudike.. Thank God am finishing.. Soon. Chai I pity my lectures friends involved.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by bejite: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2017
Chei, this is really bad.
Sorry sis.

Your sis and her husband can still find that dream job by connecting to employers in their location. Let them sign up on Bejite.com, connect, share and chat with their favourite employers. It is free.

Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by dotun365: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2017
So sad cry cryI feel sorry for them. Not to be insensitive or something but the letter says they were on a temporary appointment. I understand temporary appointments can be cancelled and suspended at anytime so please don't come here and be shouting injustice over a temporary employment that had expired. secondly I feel it isn't in the best interest of anyone for a couple to work in thesame place. not that they can't work in different places and still loose their jobs but its more likely when they work in thesame place.
AmandaLuv:
What is this world turnin into. My sister and her husband just lost their job in Michael okpara University of agriculture umudike with three kids to feed.
All thanks to the new VC Prof Francis otunta.
This VC sacked 460 staff of the University employed by the former VC Prof Hillary Odo edeoga(God bless him)
Now my sister and her family are left in the cold. The husband resigned from his job in lagos to be close to the family by accepting a job offer in mouau and relocating to umuahia.
The family are devastated.
I saw a front page material some time last week on NL about tension in Michael okpara University of agriculture umudike. now the worst has finally happened.
We need to speak against this injustice cos the new VC did this to punish the former VC Prof Hillary Odo edeoga.
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by kuuljay(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2017
Barrywilly:
Stop your cheap blackmail. Your sister or whoever has this letter was on a temporary appointment and the letter simply says upon the expiry date of the temporary appointment, his services will not be needed again. I don't see this as a sack because his appointment was never confirmed before.
jsee how you are displaying your ignorance with so much confidence,which govt agancy gives you permanent appointment immediately if not after two years,..and you are even cursing!!!
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by kuuljay(m): 10:46am On Jul 07, 2017
Josmila:
Been working for close to a decade now, never heard of TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT, is it the same thing as being on probation which is usually 6 months? Cos it looks to me like he was a contract staff with stipulated employment period.
maybe you have been working in a private firm bro,any employment you get from any MDA is usually temporal subject to confirmation after two years or there about.during that temporal years your chief executive can fire you if he so wishes but onces you are confirmed he can't except your village witches are involved
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by kuuljay(m): 11:05am On Jul 07, 2017
femi4:
Wrong move......The VC pays his salary

The VC sacked him.........That's not a Federal job.

In fg job, Fed govt pays you and won't sack you. The worst that can happen is for another ministry to absorb you.
even in fed job you are first employed as temp,prior to confirmation and during your temp.you can be fired by your chief executive though govt pays you.the security comes after you are confirmed
Re: My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX by solpat(m): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2017
I almost accepted a job there. Jeeezzzzz. Lawd have mercy. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unions To Shut Down Banks Nationwide From January 2, 2020 / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) / Trixy The Photographer Who Took Pictures Of The Dancing Traffic Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.