Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper (14244 Views)

The Letter A Herbalist Wrote To NYSC To Redeploy A Corper In Camp (Photo) / NYSC Inspired Birthday Shower Of A Corper In Osun (Photos) / Hilarious Excuse A Corper Gave For Redeployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by corpersforum(f): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
As an NYSC member, you have just been posted to a New environment, to obey the clarion call. You need an apartment. Most place of Primary assignments have not been able to provide an accommodation. Or maybe the Corpers Lodge is not comfortable or maybe you know, there are big boys and girls who just need some privacy. Here are hints that might help you finding a good place to stay.

1. Get a place close to your Place of Primary assignment. You do not want to get a far apartment where you will have to spend #500 everyday on transportation to your PPA. That will not be too good. You should do the Math.

2. Beware of houses that the children of the original owners manage. You might end up paying rent to each of the children. It is possible. Just make sure the person in charge of the house is the real person in charge. Remember you do not know anyone here.

3. Try buying recharge card to know the type of neighbors you have. If the maximum you can get is only 200 naira, well, you know the kind of neighbors you have.

4. You don’t have a car and you want to rent house in a gated community where Okadas are not allowed to enter? Pity yourself o.

5. Bring out all your phones and modems to see which ones will get the strongest network signal. Start to give the strongest line to people that ask for your phone number. And with this age of internet, you need a strong network o.

6. Avoid houses that are near garages, whether Okada, keke Napep or bus garage. Apart from the noise and pollution, you know that NURTW change in leadership can be bloody. They use cutlasses, knives and the like to displace their ‘chairman’. You don’t want to get caught up in struggle for control of garage because your house is nearby. That is not part of the clarion call.

7. Ensure that a market is close or not too far. Chop Chop Corpers did not end during camp o.

8. Make sure the apartment is not too expensive. You can get one with a friend if that will not cause any future troubles. There is no NYSC allowance o.

9. Water is very important. If the house does not have a running tap, you should ask around where people fetch water and make sure its convenient for you.

10. If you notice a lot of shops in the neighborhood selling or repairing generators, it means light is not constant in that area. So you should think about that.

I know there are some other tips. Please add your own below. And if this article helps you, please share to someone else.

Thanks for reading 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper. Remember, Sharing is caring.

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/nysc-library/10-tips-for-renting-an-apartment-as-a-corper/]

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Nddytex08(m): 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
First to comment.. feels awesome. BTW this is a great tip. Gonna harness it when Service to Nation comes calling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Wangxiao(m): 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ah don't know what's wrong with the person above me. Anyways, second to comment cos fp sure die!!
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by 7footre(m): 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
My landlord was of immense help when I had issues with some cultists in my ppa that year... be good with the right people is all I can add

6 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by torres89: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
didn't find any useful tip there
guess it's meant for super dumb corpers
and those that serve in villages
that your number one tip won't work in Lagos, else you want to earn chicken feed

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by dhope001(m): 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Edopesin: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
Tha No6 Got Me Laughing Lik Madt grin
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by slawomir: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
We have heard.
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Philinho(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
from the tiny allawee?
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Pebcak: 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2017

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by auntysimbiat(f): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
Cool
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by ikombe: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
All this tips are useless if your village people are following you to your posting undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by tosyne2much(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
Nice one from Corpersforum

You forgot to add that you should never rent an apartment very close to the brothel so you won't spend your alawi on bleeping prostitutes

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by heenriiy19(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
Nice thread we look into that

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lemme be realistic since OP didn't mention it

GET A ROOM THAT WILL ENHANCE UR FVCKING SPREE

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Wealthyonos(m): 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
haha @get a room
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2017

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by aieromon(m): 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2017
These tips don't apply to people posted to remote villages. They have to make do with the accommodation and other amenities for the rest of the service year.
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Jaynom(m): 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
OP. Explain number 3. What has recharge card got to do with my neighbors??

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Olibboy: 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
visit d area after d rain bcus flood is real.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by corpersforum(f): 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
tosyne2much:
Nice one from Corpersforum

You forgot to add that you should never rent an apartment very close to the brothel so you won't spend your alawi on bleeping prostitutes

lmao..... this should be tip number 1
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by corpersforum(f): 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Jaynom:
OP. Explain number 3. What has recharge card got to do with my neighbors??

if the highest is #200, you should know that people there don't buy higher denomination..... therefore... that environment is filled with......the economy class
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by RealAdewole(m): 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
stream II still waiting

1 Share

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Gerrard59(m): 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
corpersforum:

10. If you notice a lot of shops in the neighborhood selling or repairing generators, it means light is not constant in that area. So you should think about that.

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/nysc-library/10-tips-for-renting-an-apartment-as-a-corper/]

This is a Nigerian phenomenon. The country does not know what constant electricity is, so why won't there be generators' repair shops everywhere?

Also, I find it absurd that a corp member should buy recharge card for someone else. That is not his/her responsibility.
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Sleyanya1(m): 12:15am On Jul 07, 2017
Quite helpful.

Also go to the proposed apartment on a rainy day to know the condition during rainy season.

Remember NYSC is one year cutting across seasons.

You wouldn't want to start budgeting for canoe from your small alawi grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Jaynom(m): 12:18am On Jul 07, 2017
corpersforum:

if the highest is #200, you should know that people there don't buy higher denomination..... therefore... that environment is filled with......the economy class
Oh that?! A little trekking wouldn't hurt.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by corpersforum(f): 12:27am On Jul 07, 2017
Sleyanya1:
Quite helpful.

Also go to the proposed apartment on a rainy day to know the condition during rainy season.

Remember NYSC is one year cutting across seasons.

You wouldn't want to start budgeting for canoe from your small alawi grin

Lmaooo.... true and funny... Canoe ke?

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by corpersforum(f): 12:29am On Jul 07, 2017
7footre:
My landlord was of immense help when I had issues with some cultists in my ppa that year... be good with the right people is all I can add

Fact bro....
Re: 10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper by Sleyanya1(m): 1:09am On Jul 07, 2017
corpersforum:

Lmaooo.... true and funny... Canoe ke?

Yeah, needed to spice up the point with a little humour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can Apply For Correction Of Name On The NYSC Portal. / Companies’ Rejection Of Corps Members Against Spirit Of NYSC – Dalong / A thread for corpers posted to Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.