Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059699 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2021
280w felicity solar panel now available in stock, #50,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:06am On Jul 02, 2021
300w Auxano solar panel now available, #52,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:08am On Jul 02, 2021
Abeokuta way! Thanks Mr Rasheed for the patronage, God bless you richly.

8pcs of 200AH double tech battery.
1pcs of 80A felicity mppt charge controller.
1pcs of 10kva 48v Ss power inverter.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:09am On Jul 02, 2021
2.5kva 12v felicity inverter now available, #140,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:10am On Jul 02, 2021
9w DC bulbs now available, #1000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2021
450w and 535w Jinko solar panel now available.

450w Jinko Solar panel is 95,000.
535w Jinko Solar panel is 115,000

Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by davidolarewaju2: 8:28am On Jul 02, 2021
Please how can I use surge protector instead of lightening arrester for my solar panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:06am On Jul 02, 2021
kiekie1:
HURRY WHILE STOCK LASTS!!

Pylontech lithium batteries available:

US2000- ₦630,000 48V 2.4kWh

US3000C -N 940,000 48V 3.6kWh

Victron 15kva .. 1.3m

Qty attracts discount!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Available. .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:06am On Jul 02, 2021
COSMOS BATTERY Available Now With One Year Warranty!

12v 7.5ahs Battery... 7,000.00

12v 100ahs Battery... 60,000.00

12v 200ahs Battery.. 115,000.00

12v 250ahs Battery.. 130,000.00

MERCURY BATTERY Available Now With One Year Warranty!

Mercury 100ahs deep cycle battery ..60,000

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a ..... N17,000
12v 150a.......N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2021
oyix:
Thanks for your reply. Checked that and found I need to call the customer care.

However, I was looking out for someone whose'd similar condition in the past and how it got fixed; considering the fact the inverter warranty period has elapsed.

Oh, that's ok. It's better you take it to their service centre and get it looked at there. DO not do trial and error on it O!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kindly check through the image attached this should work just fine.

davidolarewaju2:
Please how can I use surge protector instead of lightening arrester for my solar panels.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
To better understand You, since this is about two units of apartments

Items listed below are divided into two for each apartment?

Some notable changes as highlighted by some members earlier,

1.Your ox fan needs to be replaced with DC fans 10-20W

2.LED bulbs will be recommended

3.your freezers will come on during day time, via timer or a smart plug as stated some page back

4. To reduce cost the microwave may have to go

5. Are the electric jug and cooker really needed?

With the above, there is definitely going to be a reduction in price gap as against powering all above.

Aloysius10:
Any solar experts here please I'll like to know how much it will cost me to get inverter and solar that can power 2 unit of 2 bedroom flat these are the mejor things

house hold items like:
4 big oxford fan
4 32inch flat screen tv
16 bulbs
2 big deep freezer (double door)
2 microwave oven
2 blender
2 electric stove
2 electric boiling jug
And some few minor house stuffs at least 24/7 power supply I'm located at Enugu
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2021
A very big thank you to iygeal, for trusting us with his PV installation of 3.645KWp of Jinko 405W panels

His hospitality, care, even giving us helping hands when needed and giving us an enabling environment to allow us work freely went a long way in boosting our team spirit

We look forward to working together again soon.

The roof surface w.r.t angle of inclination was 45° after correction we arrived at 18° inclination.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2021
I am very curious to know why those panels was mounted on the eastern part of the roof?

olopan:
A very big thank you to iygeal, for trusting us with his PV installation of 3.645KWp of Jinko 405W panels

His hospitality, care, even giving us helping hands when needed and giving us an enabling to allow us work freely went a long way in boosting our team spirit

We look forward to working together again soon.

The roof surface w.r.t angle of inclination was 45° after correction we arrived at 18° inclination.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2021
The sun moves over the northern hemisphere at location

Kindly check attached compass and note the sun path

ojesymsym:
I am very curious to know why those panels was mounted on the eastern part of the roof?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2021
exclusiveoloori:
Renogy Lithium iron phosphate battery for sale.
Capacity: 12V 170ah

Price: N750,000

Wow... shocked
750k and it's just 12v?
Is there any other unique selling point apart from it being made in the USA?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2021
dollarnaira:

There is a guy in Kano who does this I v his contact but try deal with as I not too. His cells are 18650( not new but extracted).

I could have had a deal with him but I don't like such distance deals.

PLEASE I AM NOT RECOMMENDING HIM just trying to a answer a question.

Type
Tetralogyfallot in the nairaland search box.

I didn't see anyone who had had a pay before delivery deal with him on nairaland hence, I declined.

He sent me pix, did video call etc

He usually delivers. I've had a few deals with him. He has delivered to Osogbo, Ifè and Òndó in my deals.

It seems you didn't notice that he's the one that has advertised 18650s for sale couple of posts back.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
SPIM08HP LITHIUM ION 3.7V 8AH CELLS FOR SALE @ N3,000/cell

I have some leftover cells for sale. These cells are rather very powerful. They are rated at 25C discharge and 10C charge rates.

If you are a DIY enthusiast and you want to play with Lithium batteries without breaking the bank, these cells are for you.

CHECK OUT THE SPECS BELOW.

Material Li-ion
Typical capacity 8AH
Nominal Voltage 3.7V
Weight around 300g
Dimensions of cell body: 9x138X190mm
Dimensions of cell with tabs 9x138X210mm
Internal Resistance ≤0.8mΩ
Max Charge Rate 120A
Recommend Continuous Discharge Rate 200A
Pulse Discharge Rate(3 seconds) 400A
Fully Charged voltage 4.2V
Discharge cut off voltage 2.5V
Working Charge Temp 0~50°C
Working Discharge Temp –20°C~50°C
Storage Temperature –20°C~50°C

Applications
Solar Storage, e-bikes, Power Walls, car audio, golf
carts, forklifts, UPS, solar system, etc.

Cycle life
2000 cycles to 80% with 100% DOD
under normal temperature

Advantages
safety, environment-friendly, high
discharge current, low capacity loss,
super-long cycle life.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube about them .... https://youtu.be/Gw9f68gN_s4

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
litaninja:
So, here is the story of how I decided that I really don't need all my internal organs;
Remember a few months back when this strange company came on the radar but no one really had much information....and we still don't sha.

.....na so i go do the surgery o.

Ladies and gentlemen....I now have a Pelton LiFePo battery, it does exist and it does look like its as advertised.
There's a 5-year warranty on the unit and there is the promise of after warranty repairs and support for a fee of course.
Pictures attached!

Congrats on your acquisition Bro. Na for inside good health and sound mind you go take use am. The 48v is 200ah I guess. What's the price for that?

And you forgot to put the price tag that warranted you opting for the organ donation - you should have considered the less invasive sp3rm donation option.

The package/enclosure seems to have some poor finishing around the fringes, but hey, if it works as advertised, they can only keep improving on the enclosure. It's a laudable step for local production. Na so China take start.

I only hope the government, highly notorious for being dream killers and ambition murderers with poorly thought out policies, will not stifle 'em to extinction.

litaninja:

Yea, by the time I factored the cost, time and other things that'll come up for a custom build, I just decided to have some faith in them. Also, they were able to come through just in time for me. So I guess that worked out. I see you already responded about the internals, the thing is sealed up like CBN.
Regarding the test of time for both the company and battery itself, fingers crossed o. We just have to support them to support us as well.

If the capacities meet up as advertised and the cells are from fairly reputable sources/brands, then I'd say 425k for 24v/200ah isn't bad at all. All 24v/100ah I have cost me like 245k as at the time of acquisition. The supplier says factoring in inflation, he's pegged it at around 290k now although with Bluetooth BMS installed.

My 24v/120ah came at a price tag of 280k (now 300k as at last inquiry)

litaninja:

Oh yes, in my conversation with them, I was also told they're trying to localize as many of the components as possible, including the BMS and balancer and then they'd work on comms too.

I dobt see 'em localising the BMS or any integrated electronics inside anytime soon. Maybe the wires and the enclosures sha but not the electronics. Doing that will be an enviable feat.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2021
Dam5reey:
What to get into Lifepo4 cells with budget cheesy I have this 8 cells used as back up for 4 weeks, 105ah

You can customize to 12.8V 210Ah or 25.6V 105ah..

25k per cell (DIY Busbars and screws included) - slightly negotiable

Sold

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2021
Can you confirm if it is on the eastern part of the roof and if yes how being on the northern hemisphere justifies that.
olopan:
The sun moves over the northern hemisphere at location

Kindly check attached compass and note the sun path

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
No, it is on the north part of the roof

The sun rises in a almost diagonal path over it

ojesymsym:
Can you confirm if it is on the eastern part of the roof and if yes how being on the northern hemisphere justifies that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2021
Okay... The DSTV dish seem to be point in that direction.

Any Abuja installer here?
olopan:
No, it is on the north part of the roof

The sun rises in a almost diagonal path over it

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2021
Good morning house.

I need help crimping a rj45 cable to connect a pylontech up5000 to an axpert VM-III inverter.

I have tried a cat568A straight through cable and a cross over cable without luck.

The pylontech manual is confusing and Google searches present many different options too.

Please help with the correct pin out.

Thanks.

CC : niyiomoiyunade , other esteemed members.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 7:55am On Jul 03, 2021
I am also very curious to know how you knew from the pictures that the panels were mounted on the eastern part of the roof.
ojesymsym:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 8:28am On Jul 03, 2021
Look out for the dstv dish
dejidotun2000:
I am also very curious to know how you knew from the pictures that the panels were mounted on the eastern part of the roof.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 03, 2021
olopan:
To better understand You, since this is about two units of apartments

Items listed below are divided into two for each apartment?

Some notable changes as highlighted by some members earlier,

1.Your ox fan needs to be replaced with DC fans 10-20W

2.LED bulbs will be recommended

3.your freezers will come on during day time, via timer or a smart plug as stated some page back

4. To reduce cost the microwave may have to go

5. Are the electric jug and cooker really needed?

With the above, there is definitely going to be a reduction in price gap as against powering all above.

I don't mind about the cost I just need a steady power supply also with water pumping machine as well just let me the cost thanks for your reply
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2021
IYGEAL:

In the AE world, the first resolution is changing your mind about the way you look at things (read: how you manage power consumption) and realising there might be (there actually are) other ways to look at them that you have not been shown (you'd be shown here, fortunately).

To this end, you'd have to kick-start by spending a significant amount of money on procuring mostly energy efficient (i.e. low energy consuming) home appliances. This will help in the budgeting of your solar arrangement and equally help you break even earlier. Even then, you'd still have to ration the way you use them because using them at least 24/7 (in your words) will only make the budget really discouraging.

Of course if there is no budget constraint, between 7 to 10m will get you started before several upgrades culminate in achieving your 24/7 goals.
after this 10million naira will there still be anything to pay for again as far as it generated steady power I don't mind in the business I do I make about 3million naira every month at least so that's why I said I don't mind about this price that's about 3 to 4 months income I'll really appreciate if you can be straight forward and tell me how much steady power supply for those stuffs I listed including water pumping machine as well will cost me I'm in my home town and there is no NEPA light here that's why I want to have my own steady power supply either getting a good gen or solar I don't know which is best that's why I'm here asking I've seen some gen on jumia but don't know if those that goes for a million naira can power all those stuffs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 03, 2021
toluxa1:

Is this a house with two wives? This one you have double double of things that normally one should be okay.
yes I have 2 wives and 6 kids and my kids can't do without watching steady cartoon network and my wives love African magic alot we just moved to my home town to settle down here and whatever I do for the first one I do for the second one that's why I have those stuffs listed double double also if you're familiar with any big gen that can run from morning 5am to 1am daily please recommend one for me the one that can carry all those stuffs listed above thanks

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 03, 2021
Oshomo12:

Let us kick start our talk with 10m in mind. Do you mind, before we start calculation?
please I'm ready now sorry for late reply I've been busy with my work just checked in now yes please help with the list and cost so I can decide either big gen or solar stuff as I have no knowledge of how solar stuff works God bless you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 03, 2021
EPOMA:

Please when people are moving to renewable energy , just have in mind saving the planet if you don't even want to save money , your consumption attitude has to change . This is the reason sometimes I pity PHCN because we don't pay attention to consumption . You will see someone pack floor standing air condition into small places where 1 horse power would have been used .

Please revisit this list and do amendments lol
we don't have NEPA here inside Aninri LGA money is meant to be spent what we need is consistency that's making sure we having daily income that can solve our daily needs seeing my family living comfortably is my top priority that's why I need to know what best power source can I go for that will power all those listed stuffs at from from 5am in the morning up till 1am midnight either big gen lister or inverter solar stuff

(1) (2) (3) ... (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: S007 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.