Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059585 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2021
olopan:
This is the few info i can dig up

1. It communicate using RS485

2. The controller can be set to LiFePO4 battery following the steps in picture 2

3. If you are not tech savvy,you will need help pf a network admin for a RJ45 cable setup using the following images RJ45 x2 with one end working normally to goto PC RJ45 port while other is reconfigure

4.this shows the way to set the Rs485 pins for the charge controller and then you can do thing the way you want it

Please note: that this information is not 100% certain to work but 90% sure it should do the job right

Please do you have anyone in lagos who can help me configure it or set up the RJ45 cable?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
ceaser:

It's likely the option will have a wind charge controller, is it? Or it's just a socket for extra inputs.

Arg.....see below
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
ceaser:

It's likely the option will have a wind charge controller, is it? Or it's just a socket for extra inputs.

It's an input option
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
purplekayc:
which wind turbine etc is convinient for home use

Hmm.....good question which I don't have experience on.... however you first need to be sure you have constant wind in your area for a wind turbine to be meaningful....if you are in Lagos maybe you get some wind at the island not sure anything reasonable will suffice at mainland and into the south west axis
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2021
Yes, I do but not heading in the direction of the person anytime soon

Why not show this to those cafe guys

Deluxe8000:
Please do you have anyone in lagos who can help me configure it or set up the RJ45 cable?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 5:43am On Aug 27, 2021
Growatt are working to reduce or eliminate power export to the grid and improve more of self consumption which is where Grohome their feature comes in

Grohome is a feature that uses varieties of smart devices like EV charger, lamps, socket, thermostat and a few others which will automatically detect and switch on appliances when there is excess power generated but not used to prevent export to grid

In this part of our hemisphere, for the main time
Working with google or smart devices that can work with it is the way to go for now especially with Growatt

With a Google home device, you can link smart lamps, smart sockets, smart TV, washing machine, microwave, AC and thermostat et. cetera with the Growatt app as a third party to control couple of these devices when you detect you are generating more using google assistance and a chain of trained routine, you can have the smart appliances work just by using words like "Good morning Google"

ojeysky:

Bros could you elaborate on how growatt does this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2021
Sorry boss but I did not mean it that way at all.

I follow your youtube channel with great interest. It is fun to watch you try out all sorts of new stuff.

I have not yet seen your Pylontech issues video but in my experience with Pylons the BMS positively disconnects after 54v.

Perhaps a combo of factors created a failure mode despite the BMS's efforts e.g Pylons paired with charger in open loop without comms, the BMS will always request the chargers to throttle charge rate from 0.5C to 0.1C once the SoC approaches/passes 90%. Without comms, the charger cannot heed this instruction and may keep passing larger than required amounts of current and ......

Havings comms between BMS and inverters/chargers is absolutely critical especially when deploying an aggressive design e.g large PV array with small battery bank, large loads and large inverter. I know that Schneider finally implemented Pylontech comms with their latest inverters, I don't know if that passed on to SCP and solar chargers as well. If one must do open loop, then one must set the parameters conservatively bearing in mind worst case scenarios and deployed equipment quirks and limitations.

Just random thoughts.

chris81964:

It would help if you watched the videos to the end. You already reached conclussions and now you are asking for root cause abi? Well done.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:54am On Aug 27, 2021
zeestone99:

22 units left

JAsolar 330w

Dm for spec sheet.

Call/chat 08117398294 to order now
Sold out
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:02am On Aug 27, 2021
Available now
Limited quantity

Seraphim 330watt panel - 63k
Ure (united renewable energy) 385w - 69k

Call/chat - 08117398294 to order
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Sorry boss but I did not mean it that way at all.

I follow your youtube channel with great interest. It is fun to watch you try out all sorts of new stuff.

I have not yet seen your Pylontech issues video but in my experience with Pylons the BMS positively disconnects after 54v.

Perhaps a combo of factors created a failure mode despite the BMS's efforts e.g Pylons paired with charger in open loop without comms, the BMS will always request the chargers to throttle charge rate from 0.5C to 0.1C once the SoC approaches/passes 90%. Without comms, the charger cannot heed this instruction and may keep passing larger than required amounts of current and ......

Havings comms between BMS and inverters/chargers is absolutely critical especially when deploying an aggressive design e.g large PV array with small battery bank, large loads and large inverter. I know that Schneider finally implemented Pylontech comms with their latest inverters, I don't know if that passed on to SCP and solar chargers as well. If one must do open loop, then one must set the parameters conservatively bearing in mind worst case scenarios and deployed equipment quirks and limitations.

Just random thoughts.

Good morning. Edit original comment to show what you meant.
Schneider has yet to update the older inverters. This setup is an open loop following the parameters as sent to us by Schneider for Pylontech batteries. The array is not overly big and the failure occurred on a cloudy morning. The BMS would normally limit charge which I have seen on an inverter that we remotely reset. It defaulted to lead acid and charged as a lead acid battery. The pylontech BMS managed it fairly well. The board would at worse case fail and the battery would not operate. This is not what happened here. We are waiting to hear back from Pylontech before we replace the batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
My Oga - I have edited my original comments for more neutrality per your guidance.

I have been forced to grudgingly support Schneider's open loop arrangement for Pylontech on two occasions now (client already bought equipment marketed as compatible) and found it inadequate - inability to communicate battery SoC limits you and one is left with only voltage based control - even the low battery cutoff voltage is not as high as desirable to secure 80% DoD.

If the Schneider chargers support cold starting and charging - ability to charge a zero volts or deep discharged battery, this would have likely been the cause of failure as they would simply keep trying to push energy into the battery until something gives.

chris81964:

Good morning. Edit original comment to show what you meant.
Schneider has yet to update the older inverters. This setup is an open loop following the parameters as sent to us by Schneider for Pylontech batteries. The array is not overly big and the failure occurred on a cloudy morning. The BMS would normally limit charge which I have seen on an inverter that we remotely reset. It defaulted to lead acid and charged as a lead acid battery. The pylontech BMS managed it fairly well. The board would at worse case fail and the battery would not operate. This is not what happened here. We are waiting to hear back from Pylontech before we replace the batteries.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dreamwords: 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
ceaser:

In fact I intended to mention that of lead acid catching fires too earlier on but it skipped my mind. So catching fires is not the exclusivity of lithium chemistries. However my short stint with that 18650 fire made me know that it's not in the leagues of LA fires. It is potentially incendiary and putting out the fire may be the hardest (I think it is a class III - class three- fire which typically defies water and even the common fire extinguishers). That of lead acid isn't so common but not desirable nonetheless and the fact that it is related to the hydrogen gas produced from the vent brings some relief. I hammer it into the ears of clients, most of which are basically naive, that no naked flames near the batteries.

Even one was hell bent on having her tubular installed inside the cramped passage of her house. Being my street neighbour, I know some of her negligent attitudes so I explained why I am seriously uncomfortable with her suggestion leaving out that part about my observation. That I did pro bono installation for her doesn't mean she won't be breathing down my neck for setting her own house on fire. Of course I prevailed upon her to use LFP and still had it installed in her verandah with adequate ventilation.

What gives me some rest of mind regarding 18650 is its use in many commercially available battery packs like MTN lumous and BB jump thingy. And there has been no accidents with such widespread deployment. So once you do the connections right, the ills are avoided. If I have to use 18650s, the BMS must have temperature probes and use of resistor fuses is sacrosanct. In one instance like that I accidentally shorted a bank while connecting the wires, all those resistor fuses to that side burnt. Such relief.

Batteries don't catch fire for no reason except u shot their terminal,,
They are not petrol or cooking gas, grin
All these quacks. Upcoming technicians wet full these platform
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mantims(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2021
What it means is 5kwh could be 24v or 48v but all 5kwh at thesame price. The power remains thesame.
Namzy:

I'm confused about this pricing: 5kwh 24v/48v for 560k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mantims(m): 7:26am On Aug 28, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Boss, who be the Jos guy? Abeg quote any of his chat
I'm right here Sir. Kindly check my post for prices.
Many thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mantims(m): 7:30am On Aug 28, 2021
omotoda:

I better start putting up my Luminous inverter for sale.The only reason I haven't gone Lithium is because of my inverters. The price sure makes sense when you compare it with Lead Acid batteries that will give you just 50% DOD.Full river battery as at my last check with the sole importer in Nigeria about 3 weeks ago was #155k for 200ah.So technically ,Lithium is better cost wise in the long run.

I have a 12v 1.5 kva Icellpower inverterwith adjustable settings lying fallow in my store.Does anyone know if this inverter can work with Lithium? If not what affordable and durable options are available?

The Good thing with our BMS is that it can work with regular lead acid inverters. We use LiFePO4 with configurations close to the lead acid batteries. It only implies you will be discharging to about 90% DoD. Which in the Longrun is better for the health of your battery. You go use am tire!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mantims(m): 7:36am On Aug 28, 2021
ceaser:

Even if it is 100ah, why not brand it 100ah rather than mislead people by false declaration, hyping and inflating the capacity in order to justify a price tag?

Anyways it's Nigeria, SON is moribund.

You no lie about that Jos guy offer.

As at last the time I got a 24/100 from him January, it was for 270k. But it's more expensive now. He blames the worsening naira-dollar exchange. He also admits to have upgraded the BMS in the 24v to Bluetooth enabled one, of course with increased cost too.

So I believe it will now be around 300k.

Edited:

Guy, you don dey Nairaland. cheesy.
You kukuma want to dey do the marketing in the first person.

I'm dumbfounded by the reviews I'm seeing here. I feel very emotional. First of all I can't thank you guys enough for your honest reviews. We have good people in this country and this affirms to the fact that honesty pays. I'm still learning how to use Nairaland but I'm all over the place already. I will ensure to maintain the good reputation and deeply appreciate all of you. Never met you, but u have marketed for me already. One love...

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Queed: 11:01am On Aug 28, 2021
Queed:

An upgrade to this.

40 pieces of 18650 @ 2.2Ah arranged in 4s10p
325Wh

Inverter, Charge controller, BMS were all built from scratch
and integrated on same board.

Inverter:
300W continuous (not recommended due to battery size)
500W peak (2sec)
High frequency type
Idle power 1.12W

controller:
PWM type
6A max
16V - 30V input voltage (whether solar panel or DC adapter)

BMS:
active type
1Amp balance current
25milli Volts balance difference

https://youtube.com/shorts/G98UFwaM0jM?feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dujk8eehc_o

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
ceaser:

I'm planning to procure this particular item in the coming weeks, but the 48 volt and 4000w continouos. Intend to have it as a standby 48v inverter.

By the way, yours appears cheaper. Can you post the link to it here?

Please how do intend to pay for this item considering the 100USD monthly spending limit on nigerian bank cards? It's been a challenge lately, the restriction prevents me from buying stuffs above 100USD or do you use a dollar card?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
eleojo23:

Please how do intend to pay for this item considering the 100USD monthly spending limit on nigerian bank cards? It's been a challenge lately, the restriction prevents me from buying stuffs above 100USD or do you use a dollar card?

You have to message the seller and intimate him on your dillema. Of course he will likely know what to do, but you can suggest if there is anything he could do to help. Usually two things:

Some sellers have 1usd listing tagged "shipping" or "extra payment" on their stores. So he will give you the link to that and you can first pay 100usd on that link by selecting "100 pieces", then you use another card to pay up the balance of 12usd also on the same link by selecting "12 pieces", to make a total of 112usd. Immediately all this is done, you should message the seller so that he will acknowledge that everything is done accordingly.

On the alternative if you think you have only one card, wait till 30th or 31st of the month to make your first payment, then in less than 24hrs by the beginning of the new month, you already have another 100usd limit and you can pay up the balance.

Other ways the sellers handle this is reducing the price of the item that will already be in your "unpaid items" folder. You need a seller with good English communication and fast response time to do this. He will reduce the item price to 100usd (only you can access that reduction). Then as soon as you do that, usually in less than 12hrs before the price is restored by the system, you inform the seller. He will then ask you to pick a random 12usd item in his store to complete the payment.

One instance like that, the random item of 9usd that I paid for still ended up getting shipped to me by the seller alongside the main item. One "thermocouple wire sensor" like that. I don't even think I'll ever have any use of it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
ceaser:

You have to message the seller and intimate him on your dillema. Of course he will likely know what to do, but you can suggest if there is anything he could do to help. Usually two things:

Some sellers have 1usd listing tagged "shipping" or "extra payment" on their stores. So he will give you the link to that and you can first pay 100usd on that link by selecting "100 pieces", then you use another card to pay up the balance of 12usd also on the same link by selecting "12 pieces", to make a total of 112usd. Immediately all this is done, you should message the seller so that he will acknowledge that everything is done accordingly.

On the alternative if you think you have only one card, wait till 30th or 31st of the month to make your first payment, then in less than 24hrs by the beginning of the new month, you already have another 100usd limit and you can pay up the balance.

Other ways the sellers handle this is reducing the price of the item that will already be in your "unpaid items" folder. You need a seller with good English communication and fast response time to do this. He will reduce the item price to 100usd (only you can access that reduction). Then as soon as you do that, usually in less than 12hrs before the price is restored by the system, you inform the seller. He will then ask you to pick a random 12usd item in his store to complete the payment.

One instance like that, the random item of 9usd that I paid for still ended up getting shipped to me by the seller alongside the main item. One "thermocouple wire sensor" like that. I don't even think I'll ever have any use of it.

Thanks for the detailed response.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2021
Penuelseun:
Yeah, but factory built into the pack

How did you do this pls? I just spend money go buy power supply.

I don't even know where to get those desktop power supplies.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:08am On Aug 29, 2021
Trippledots:

How did you do this pls? I just spend money go buy power supply.

I don't even know where to get those desktop power supplies.
Get any good desktop power supply, but make sure it is at least 500w. Go to Arena Oshodi or computer village

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 10:13am On Aug 29, 2021
Penuelseun:
Get any good desktop power supply, but make sure it is at least 500w. Go to Arena Oshodi or computer village
pls after buying it what next
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
eliteweb:
Anyone with a good 3.5kva / 24v fairly used Invert for sale?

I have the following fairly used items for sale:
-Cyber Power 3.5kVA inverter
-morningstar 60A MPPT charge controller.
-2 pcs of Foresolar 325W mono solar panel
-24V Victron battery balancer
Send PM or reply, if interested.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ObabyObaby: 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2021
Penuelseun:
You can get one from @ojesky or @valto. I diy mine from a desktop computer power pack. Gives me around 20a at 12.7v, perfect for my 18650s
can I get the one that will charge lifepo4 battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
ObabyObaby:
can I get the one that will charge lifepo4 battery
it is available, it is a lithium lifepo4 charger. adjustable from 2.6v to 14.7v (12v)50A
whatsapp 0802-057-4628.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2021
Penuelseun:
You can get one from @ojesky or @valto. I diy mine from a desktop computer power pack. Gives me around 20a at 12.7v, perfect for my 18650s

Pls can you put me thru how to do this, all my LiFePO4 charger is gone
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hello guys I’m thinking of of getting a gel battery. Pls do anyone have a reservations , advice or suggestions before I spend scarce money of something that won’t last
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
funshyboi:

Pls can you put me thru how to do this, all my LiFePO4 charger is gone
Depends on the type of desktop powerpack you get. This is the type I use. But mind you, the max output voltage of this is 12.9v, but maybe you can get other types with higher voltage

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 12:21am On Aug 30, 2021
Penuelseun:
Depends on the type of desktop powerpack you get. This is the type I use. But mind you, the max output voltage of this is 12.9v, but maybe you can get other types with higher voltage
thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2021
220Ah star plus tubular battery now available, #110,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2021
220Ah multi power battery still available, #110,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.