Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2057253 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
Alaba Market
lateefykn84:
Please guys where can I get fairly use solar panel from 150w-300w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
bodeface:
Good Day Nairaland,

I am trying to go solar based on the current reality around the Diesel cost to run my shop. Please help with the calculation of what is required for the following equipment, these are 3phae equipment except the lighting and the fans.

1. Lighting - 800W (12hrs, more at night)
2. Fans - 500W (18hrs)
3. Chiller - 2000W (12hrs)
4. Mixer - 6500W (12hrs)
5. Divider - 2000W (12hrs)
6. Moulder - 2500W (12hrs)
7. Oven - 3500W (12hrs)
8. Slicer - 650W (12hrs)
9. Computers - 150W

Please, note that the 12hrs is estimated to be 6hrs - day and 6hrs Night time.
I do know the initial cost may be high but I might be able to get finance for it.

your total load is about 15kw and you hope to run it for 12hrs, a 15kwh lithium bank is about 1,5m naira and would power this your humongous load for approximately 1hr only......thus you would need 13 to 15 pieces to power your load for 12hours, so that's 25m naira alone on battery. the solar panels required to recharge this humongous load is about 70kw of solar panels will cover 1 plot of land, ie 100ft x 100ft area space.

350w panel is about 80k, you would be needing minimum of 200 pieces, wch is another 16m naira on panels...assuming you have the space to install them, as each panel is about 6ft x 3ft, ie 18sqft approximately

edit: you would need about 3600 sqft of space to install the panels, so you need a 38ft x 100ft plot of land == 1/3 plot of land approx. This area would be greatly reduced, if you go for higher capacity panels 400w and above

if all this cost is still within your budget...say Aiii, grin.
WITH THE DAY AND NIGHT LOAD DISTRIBUTION, YOU CAN juggle and see if having excess panels would be cheaper than installing the recommended battery capacity.

solar is not cheap in the short-term..its only longterm that solar gets cheap..you usually break even as from 2yrs for most setups

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hello house.

Please I need urgent advice.
I have an opportunity to get either 2 x 12v 220ah Luminous tubular batteries for about 280k or Felicity 24v 150ah (LPBR24150) LiFePO4 battery for about 380k.

Could anyone with experience on these sort of batteries advice me on whether this particular lithium battery is worth the additional 100k over the tubular (considering the tubular is of a higher capacity)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SetrakusRa(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hello all

I need a reliable inverter engineer in Abuja to install an inverter in my home.

Contact me on WhatsApp: 0 8 1 8 7 7 6 7 4 8 7
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
abilityC:

1. Yes i funded my wise usd account using virtual usd cards from Barter,Payday, etc, they did not accept my normal Usd card connected to my dom account!

2. Yes i have tried payments using ACH and wire transfer both were successful

Thanks for this info. Successfully made the payment.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 6:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
Thanks so much Earthrealm, I quite understand this will be very costly, is there anything I can do to reduce this cost?
Pls more comments and reviews from experienced hands on the forum is welcome and appreciated.
I remember someone was having this kind of idea for shopping mall, was this achieved may be I can learn one or two things from the project?

earthrealm:

your total load is about 15kw and you hope to run it for 12hrs, a 15kwh lithium bank is about 1,5m naira and would power this your humongous load for approximately 1hr only......thus you would need 13 to 15 pieces to power your load for 12hours, so that's 25m naira alone on battery. the solar panels required to recharge this humongous load is about 70kw of solar panels will cover 2 plots of land, ie 200ft x 100ft area space.

350w panel is about 80k, you would be needing minimum of 200 pieces, wch is another 16m naira on panels...assuming you have the space to install them, as each panel is about 6ft x 3ft, ie 20sqft approximately

edit: you would need about 8000 sqft of space to install the panels, so you need a 100ft x 100ft plot of land == 1 plot of land.

WITH THE DAY AND NIGHT LOAD DISTRIBUTION, YOU CAN juggle and see if having excess panels would be cheaper than installing the recommended battery capacity.

solar is not cheap in the short-term..its only longterm that solar gets cheap..you usually break even as from 2yrs for most setups
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
Bros, Tell me, am all ears.
odimbannamdi:

Guys, should we tell him?... grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2022
bodeface:
Bros, Tell me, am all ears.

Oga Earthrealm has already told you...lol..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2022
Thunderbolt:
Hello house.

I have an opportunity to get either 2 x 12v 220ah Luminous tubular batteries for about 280k or Felicity 24v 150ah (LPBR24150) LiFePO4 battery for about 380k.

Could anyone with experience on these sort of batteries advice me on whether this particular lithium battery is worth the additional 100k over the tubular (considering the tubular is of a higher capacity)

Go for lithium. They are not mates/incomparable.
You will thank me later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 5:06am On Mar 25, 2022
bodeface:
Thanks so much Earthrealm, I quite understand this will be very costly, is there anything I can do to reduce this cost?
Pls more comments and reviews from experienced hands on the forum is welcome and appreciated.
I remember someone was having this kind of idea for shopping mall, was this achieved may be I can learn one or two things from the project?

One thing I have always told people here and everywhere is to rethink their relationship with electricity when they want to move to solar. This include focusing on the consumption side before the generation side. The ultimate goal of solar is to reduce and make efficient your energy consumption. Buying solar panels battery and inverter is the easy part. The hardest and most important part is to focus on making your load energy efficient.

The load you listed are way too much to make using solar economical. A Good strategy might be to find efficient alternative of what you currently have or to isolate the small essential loads away from solar. We are all enthusiast here but even we would tell you that solar is not a silver bullet. It can be very costly if you want to deploy it for industrial use.

The big boys who use solar for powering industry have deep pocket to invest now and rip over a very long period, you may not have such pocket. Reason why solar is ideal for homes is because home is relatively easy to power. Same can not be said for industrial application even on a small scale.

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 8:26am On Mar 25, 2022
justcallmenuel:
2kva 12v Yohako inverter available, #90,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

please, what is the max charging current?
what is the idle power consumption on the battery?
can the charge voltage be edited to accommodate lithium lifepo4 pack charging ?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 10:40am On Mar 25, 2022
Call:

SonyaSpence:

hello, where can I get these?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
how much is bms coupled 12v 100ah lpo4 lithium battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Deluxe8000:
how much is bms coupled 12v 100ah lpo4 lithium battery?

180k.....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Thunderbolt:
Hello house.

My brother forget about the name tubular all na lead acid. Please go for that lifePo4, i am enjoying mine now

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
bigrovar:

One thing I have always told people here and everywhere is to rethink their relationship with electricity when they want to move to solar. This include focusing on the consumption side before the generation side. The ultimate goal of solar is to reduce and make efficient your energy consumption. Buying solar panels battery and inverter is the easy part. The hardest and most important part is to focus on making your load energy efficient.

The load you listed are way too much to make using solar economical. A Good strategy might be to find efficient alternative of what you currently have or to isolate the small essential loads away from solar. We are all enthusiast here but even we would tell you that solar is not a silver bullet. It can be very costly if you want to deploy it for industrial use.

The big boys who use solar for powering industry have deep pocket to invest now and rip over a very long period, you may not have such pocket. Reason why solar is ideal for homes is because home is relatively easy to power. Same can not be said for industrial application even on a small scale.

God bless you for this piece
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
Big shout-out to Dishtech for his mentorship on my DIY journey and Pointstores for supplying the material's (portable rechargeable spot welder, battery pack case, nickel strips, BMS, wrapper etc)
I was lucky enough to get 256 original brand new Roofer 18650 2500mah battery from Alaba, expensive but worth it and a 67v lithium charger from Alaba.

I was able to build a massive 60v 40ah lithium battery back for my Electric motorcycle.
jeez, I can't count the amount of times I burnt my fingers, pocked them, bridge the wrong spot and the most annoying thing part is having to unweld all series cause I forgot to balance battery first.

all through trials and error, my bike now runs smooth, i was impressed at the speed, it's almost as fast as petrol motorcycle.
all thanks to everyone else who gave suggestions.
God bless.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pointstores(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Moneyboyz:
Big shout-out to Dishtech for his mentorship on my DIY journey and Pointstores for supplying the material's (portable rechargeable spot welder, battery pack case, nickel strips, BMS, wrapper etc)
I was lucky enough to get 256 original brand new Roofer 18650 2500mah battery from Alaba, expensive but worth it and a 67v lithium charger from Alaba.

I was able to build a massive 60v 40ah lithium battery back for my Electric motorcycle.
jeez, I can't count the amount of times I burnt my fingers, pocked them, bridge the wrong spot and the most annoying thing part is having to unweld all series cause I forgot to balance battery first.

all through trials and error, my bike now runs smooth, i was impressed at the speed, it's almost as fast as petrol motorcycle.
God bless.

U welcome bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
IYGEAL:

Thanks for this info. Successfully made the payment.

nice one, you are welcome

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 11:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
earthrealm:

your total load is about 15kw and you hope to run it for 12hrs, a 15kwh lithium bank is about 1,5m naira and would power this your humongous load for approximately 1hr only......thus you would need 13 to 15 pieces to power your load for 12hours, so that's 25m naira alone on battery. the solar panels required to recharge this humongous load is about 70kw of solar panels will cover 1 plot of land, ie 100ft x 100ft area space.

350w panel is about 80k, you would be needing minimum of 200 pieces, wch is another 16m naira on panels...assuming you have the space to install them, as each panel is about 6ft x 3ft, ie 18sqft approximately

edit: you would need about 3600 sqft of space to install the panels, so you need a 38ft x 100ft plot of land == 1/3 plot of land approx. This area would be greatly reduced, if you go for higher capacity panels 400w and above

Wow , this one na federal government budget o, quite insightful info though, truly solar is quite expensive upfront,but cheaper as the days go bye....

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 11:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
bodeface:
Good Day Nairaland,

I am trying to go solar based on the current reality around the Diesel cost to run my shop. Please help with the calculation of what is required for the following equipment, these are 3phae equipment except the lighting and the fans.

1. Lighting - 800W (12hrs, more at night)
2. Fans - 500W (18hrs)
3. Chiller - 2000W (12hrs)
4. Mixer - 6500W (12hrs)
5. Divider - 2000W (12hrs)
6. Moulder - 2500W (12hrs)
7. Oven - 3500W (12hrs)
8. Slicer - 650W (12hrs)
9. Computers - 150W

Please, note that the 12hrs is estimated to be 6hrs - day and 6hrs Night time.
I do know the initial cost may be high but I might be able to get finance for it.

If you stay in a place where you have access to good flowing water you could create a mini/micro dam where you install a turbine propelled by the force of water, Its the cheapest way to generate electricity at the moment!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Softhands(m): 12:13am On Mar 26, 2022
brijibs:
Good morning, everyone.
Please, I need a solar solution to power a self-contained apartment with 32" TV, decoder, rechargeable fan, phones and laptops.
This unreliable NEPA Don tire me

1.5kva with 2 batteries.

You can hit me up for installation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 3:39am On Mar 26, 2022
saint2ace:

180k.....
thanks. Pls i will like to also know the price for the 150ah and 200ah version and who i can contact?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 6:50am On Mar 26, 2022
Thanks a million

earthrealm:

Go for lithium. They are not mates/incomparable.
You will thank me later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 6:51am On Mar 26, 2022
Thanks bro

ajabani4allah:

My brother forget about the name tubular all na lead acid. Please go for that lifePo4, i am enjoying mine now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by busuyi44: 7:29am On Mar 26, 2022
NGN 19,537.81 50%OFF | Battery Monitor KG140F DC 0-120V 100A 400A 600A Battery Tester Voltage Current VA Meter Battery Coulomb Meter Capacity Indicator
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uXoyTw

Anyone using this gadget here? How is the user experience??

earthrealm
ceaser
bigrovar
valto

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:35am On Mar 26, 2022
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ..

12v 200a .... N20,000
12v 150a.....N15,000
12v 100a.......N10,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) ...

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2022
HURRY! DISCOUNTED PRICE!!

Yohako wall mount Lithium battery wall available

48v 200ah 10kwh N1,250,000
48v 160ah 8.192KWH N800,000
24v 160ah 4.096KWH N550,000

Product Warranty: 3 Years

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global (BN:4450091)
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2022
Moneyboyz:

God bless.
Nice 1, how much did the batteries cost if I may ask
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2022
Penuelseun:
Nice 1, how much did the batteries cost if I may ask

N217,600 for the batteries.

whole setup is around 300k.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:45pm On Mar 26, 2022
Moneyboyz:

God bless.

Wow, that's massive.

If you don't mind, can you share a picture of the batteries and the cost for one?

Nothing beats lithium batteries in application such as these. I just wish the BMS has Bluetooth capabilities so you can see what's cooking inside. Cheers mate.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2022
Moneyboyz:

N217,600 for the batteries.

whole setup is around 300k.
waoh, big project

(1) (2) (3) ... (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.