Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2089798 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) ... (1708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 3:24am On Jun 25, 2022
Not available at the moment

durodee:
Any update on users' experience or feedback? do you still have for sale at what cost? my interest is the 5.5kw model

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:44am On Jun 25, 2022
dollarnaira:

She was right with:

check for any loose ends or soldering

What u are having is just partial contact.
As for me I just fix it. I doubt if u will get a refund bc it is just a dot of soldering. What if she request u return the item at ur own cost and she eventually fix it and return back to you....bla bla bla

Oga Dollar, we spoke on whatsapp last night and I share the video of the item with you (it is an inverter, by the way)

First of all, you will agree with me that a new inverter that you pay a premium for should work out of the box. You shouldn't be "repairing" a new device

Secondly, the seller telling me to open the inverter and check for this or that is a trick. It will void the warranty and the dispute resolution team will hardly listen to me if I apply for refund after opening it.

Finally, I asked you on whatsapp that, what if I open it and it is beyond just a soldering, but u kept saying you are 1000% sure it is just soldering. I wonder how you can be so sure when you are yet to see the inside of the inverter... embarassed

I already made up my mind to apply for a refund. Thanks bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Oga Dollar, we spoke on whatsapp last night and I share the video of the item with you (it is an inverter, by the way)

First of all, you will agree with me that a new inverter that you pay a premium for should work out of the box. You shouldn't be "repairing" a new device

Secondly, the seller telling me to open the inverter and check for this or that is a trick. It will void the warranty and the dispute resolution team will hardly listen to me if I apply for refund after opening it.

Finally, I asked you on whatsapp that, what if I open it and it is beyond just a soldering, but u kept saying you are 1000% sure it is just soldering. I wonder how you can be so sure when you are yet to see the inside of the inverter... embarassed

It is not rocket science.
Your choice
Carry go bro.

Only telling u wat I will do.

By the way, u posted for advice which I v given. You either take it or leave it without strings attached. No b quarell hope u know?

Almost all if not all of such inverters are same design. No seal, just 4 front screws.

It is an obvious partial contact.

Sha update me wen u don open d dispute.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2022
dollarnaira:

Thank u for being ignorant sir.
Your last line is not needed.

You weren't qouted sir.

By the way check this:

You see learn to listen more than speaking,
It would do you more good.

The problem here is that he has to push and hold a switch down before it comes ON
Meaning the switch latching mechanism to hold a CLOSE position is faulty, that's a mechanical issue nota electrical/soldering issue.
There's no amount of solder that would solve that issue,

Clearly the person he is talking to doesn't know anything and hasn't contacted their tech team,
I see this more as a trap to void warranty.

I get you are also trying to help,
But you need to calm down so you don't fall into a trap.
This brother here is trying to avoid the trap, and you are putting him in the trap.

This is not an issue of loose/cold solder point,
Learn to listen more than speak especially in cases you have zero knowledge off.

Edit:
The fun part of these all is that the push button attaches to the panel board via a clip, so if it's bad push button, it's an issue of replacement not soldering.

The concern here is not this, the concern is that their QC didn't detect this issue before shipping,
That means there could be possible more issues.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:11am On Jun 25, 2022
Feshizzy:

The problem here is that he has to push and hold a switch down before it comes ON
Meaning the switch latching mechanism to hold a CLOSE position is faulty, that's a mechanical issue nota electrical/soldering issue.
There's no amount of solder that would solve that issue,

Clearly the person he is talking to doesn't know anything and hasn't contacted their tech team,
I see this more as a trap to void warranty.

I get you are also trying to help,
But you need to calm down so you don't fall into a trap.
This brother here is trying to avoid the trap, and you are putting him in the trap.

Learn to listen more than speak especially in cases you have zero knowledge off.

Edit:
The fun part of these all is that the push button attaches to the panel board via a clip, so if it's bad push button, it's an issue of replacement not soldering.

The concern here is not this, the concern is that their QC didn't detect this issue before shipping,
That means there could be possible more issues.

There is one thing I don't like here, saying someone have zero knowledge. Saying one is ignorant when u don't know me or see my work.

He requested for an advice and u are saying am trying to put him into a trap. Is he a dullard? Advice is meant to be rejected or accepted.

Make ur point without insulting or assuming things.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 11:04am On Jun 25, 2022
odimbannamdi:

I will listen to dollar if I were you and not that other guy trying to lead you to a bottomless pit.

If the seller asked you to open the inverter, do so, but retain the evidence of that instruction, so that she won't turn around to claim voided warranty.

if it is a small repair that you can make, it will save you a lot of stress.

If it is a major thing, you can still pursue your dispute options.

Even then, you have a bad case with the so many split invoices.

Your best bet is to resolve this without declaring a dispute.

In my humble opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 11:06am On Jun 25, 2022
Una no dey tire? Can't we just make contributions without people acting like peacocks on a fashion runway.

We're all here to learn, no one is an all encompassing body of knowledge, let's be mindful that change is constant and knowledge of yesterday might not be sufficient today.

Let's make our opinion with a pinch of decorum and respect the sanity and sanctity of contrary opinions.

My 2kobo........ Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 11:06am On Jun 25, 2022
dollarnaira:

There is one thing I don't like here, saying someone have zero knowledge. Saying one is ignorant when u don't know me or see my work.

He requested for an advice and u are saying am trying to put him into a trap. Is he a dullard? Advice is meant to be rejected or accepted.

Make ur point without insulting or assuming things.

It looks like the man either has an existing grouse with you or he is simply normally cantankerous. Ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:29am On Jun 25, 2022
adrusa:

It looks like the man either has an existing grouse with you or he is simply normally cantankerous. Ignore him.

Ok sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:55am On Jun 25, 2022
odimbannamdi:
Has anybody ever applied for a refund on Alibaba and succeeded?

I bought 2 items from a seller. Because of the payment constraints on our cards, she had to split the amount across 7 invoices,
this will make it difficult to raise/win dispute.. alibaba is not like aliexpress.
You need to press down the surrounding of the switch button before it comes on, and it goes off when you remove your hand.
this is a small fault that can be rectified, by simply replacing the switch.
She was suggesting that i open the item and check for any loose ends or soldering, but i am having none of it as this should be a working item, plus who will pay for the repairs and what if it is even unrepairable?
sometimes we lose some, small inverter switch no pass 200naira.

On those basis, i am applying for a refund on 4 of the invoices (which will then be more than the price of one unit by about 5usd). I understand that this could a dicey issue and i need to be careful with my words and evidences i present so the case doesnt go against me.
applying refund on top odinary switch issues? i will advise u replace the switch and move on,

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by felaliveson: 11:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
mctfopt:

Every battery (both lithium and lead acid type) will explode when overcharged. By the way, lithium iron phosphate battery (LiFePo4) is not prone to explosion. In my early days, I once have overcharged it several times without it exploding. Just that such behaviour is a sure fire way of drastically reducing the life span of the battery.

Thanks … Is there difference between lithium cells and LiFePo4 cells
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 12:40am On Jun 26, 2022
felaliveson:

Thanks … Is there difference between lithium cells and LiFePo4 cells

LiFePO4 is an example among a few other types of lithium cells.

LiFePO4 is said to be the safest, but you might want to google lithium cells for further reading.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:32am On Jun 26, 2022
sethtsadopp:

That's interesting. I like that. If I end up having excess generation, I'm thinking of channeling it into Crypto mining. I'm sure madam wouldn't mind something like cold drinks and stuff too.

What's the total size of your bank and array.

In modules.

3kw array/ 10kw lithium bank, 48v system - work in progress as per the array.
2kw array/ 2.5kw lithium bank, 24v system
600w array/ 1kw lithium bank, 12v system
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:03am On Jun 26, 2022
Feshizzy:

You may both be right with your guesses. From my experience with the kind of inverter odimbannamdi sells, the switch is usually hooked to the metal housing of the inverter rather than to the board. Two wires then go to the board via a JST plug. So the problem may be at a point of soldering of one of the polarity wires, it can also be the metal parts inside the switch. To repair it or apply for refund depends on the op.

And @dollarnaira had reservations about your approach especially addressing him. I believe you may have responded to the post with your own suggestion without even referring to @dollarnaira at all, that is if you don't approve of his own response. There is no way someone with ample knowledge of solar on this forum will be ignorant/have zero knowledge like you maintained.

@ odimbannamdi, is the inverter 24v with ample capacity to handle a deep freezer, I might just pick it up. I may not be needing the metal case for the application intended for which means I will eventually cut open the stuff and bring out the organs to DIY an all-in-one hybrid system for a remote site.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:42am On Jun 26, 2022
BTS Quick E series 24v 1.5kva.

This was purchased new but used less than a week cumulative, so it's still as good as new. It was used as a stop gap when the main inverter needed maintenance.

° Pure Sine Wave
° Selectable Battery Depth of Discharge (DoD) switch which allows a buzzer to signal you when battery is 50% or 80% discharge depending on your selection.
° Low idle consumption
° Automatic transfer to utility when power is restored
° Low self consumption of 10watts
° AVR function
° Integrated 20amp charger and voltage stabilizer for mains.
° Automatic frequency tracking.
° Reverse Polarity Protection
° Overload Protection.
° Generator, utility and solar power compatible.

96k, negotiable
Whaaatsap: o9o5 659 oo81

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omimisolar(m): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2022
dapsyra [left][/left]how do buyer test it that it’s working fine:
Gennex Axperts MKS 5KVA/48vDC Hybrid Inverter for sale.

Specs: See nameplate screen shot below
Condition: Clean, Used, fully functional
Reason for sale: Upgrade
Price: ₦210,000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omimisolar(m): 8:43am On Jun 26, 2022
dammodee911:
I think you should check the settings on your inverter. Most of these inverter are very sensitive to generator input because their (gen) output is not too pure sine wave. So check the setting. Some have utl, or gen if not it will not charge with. I saw someone post that sorotec work!! They are all copy of voltronic inverter or check your generator output
Recently installed a 5.5kwh Smk hybrid on and off grid inverter system coupled with 4 units of 12v 200ah blue carbon lithium ion lifepo4 batteries and 8 450watts mono solar panels. Everything seems fine, but the only downside is that my 9kva firman 12990esr generator can’t seem to charge it. So far only the solar and Nepa light have been able to charge it. But with the raining season on full mode and epileptic power supply, I really need the generator option. My installer said my generator frequency isn’t enough, this is a generator that comfortably powers my 3hp inverter standing AC and 1.5hp inverter AC. What can I do pls? So far from the inverter screen, my gen produces btw 275 -285v and btw 48 - 50.5hz. Shouldn’t this be enough to charge the battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omimisolar(m): 9:11am On Jun 26, 2022
durodee:
hello if they are available for sale we buy broken panel. All finger are not equal. Send dm to email. Good evening house. Is there a way to repair broken panels? There is a project ongoing somewhere and I noticed as the panels were being offloaded that some panels had broken glasses. Is there any way the could still be useful? They are 450w panels and quite a number of them.
I am wondering if one can cover with new glass and seal the edges to prevent egress of water if that will work?
Just thinking ........
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omimisolar(m): 9:53am On Jun 26, 2022
bigrovar:
Aircom water is not good for Tubular battery. Best to buy from reputable seller or tubular seller as they buy from source

I would even say it is your best source of distilled water. Most distilled water sold in Nigeria (even in major malls and super markets) are adulterated. Try get from an AC with relatively clean hose and use a white cloth (I use a dedicated clean cotton signet for it) to filter it into a jar and you have your distilled water. It served me for over 3 years.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omimisolar(m): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2022
durodee:

A recent review above@solareclips
Gennex inverter are original voltronic inverter than Growatt , sorotec. On what ground is that recommendation? They all have their teething issues.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by somebody02: 10:22am On Jun 26, 2022
Good day House.

I need used+fully functional 100w or 150w , 12v solar panel.
My location: Ibadan
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:23am On Jun 26, 2022
I am sorry if I created the impression I had broken panels for sale. My interest/post were about possible repair methods for such panels.
[quote author=omimisolar post=114165810][/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:43am On Jun 26, 2022
Obviously nothing in life is perfect.
I have been using Gennex products for about 6 years now. I have both the 3.4kva and 5kva Hybrid. The 5kva was just commissioned in February 2021 in another facility and working well. However, the earlier 3.4kva has been beleaguered with repair needs and despite two visits back to Gennex ( lasting months each time before I could get my inverter back and about 100k spent on logistics and repair costs) it's presently down again after working for only 4 months or so after last repair. Total active service less than 3 years.
I am just tired of the inverter sef. Always board issues.
The same load I was using it for, a 2kva Prag and a 2.5kva Felicity (transformer models) have both carried it without stress at different times.
Presently, it's the 2kva Prag holding forth
omimisolar:
Gennex inverter are original voltronic inverter than Growatt , sorotec. On what ground is that recommendation? They all have their teething issues.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2022
Life is simple!
ceaser:

You may both be right with your guesses. From my experience with the kind of inverter odimbannamdi sells, the switch is usually hooked to the metal housing of the inverter rather than to the board. Two wires then go to the board via a JST plug. So the problem may be at a point of soldering of one of the polarity wires, it can also be the metal parts inside the switch. To repair it or apply for refund depends on the op.

And @dollarnaira had reservations about your approach especially addressing him. I believe you may have responded to the post with your own suggestion without even referring to @dollarnaira at all, that is if you don't approve of his own response. There is no way someone with ample knowledge of solar on this forum will be ignorant/have zero knowledge like you maintained.

@ odimbannamdi, is the inverter 24v with ample capacity to handle a deep freezer, I might just pick it up. I may not be needing the metal case for the application intended for which means I will eventually cut open the stuff and bring out the organs to DIY an all-in-one hybrid system for a remote site.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2022
omimisolar:
how do buyer test it that it’s working fine

One month warranty. If not satisfied, return for full refund.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
3 units brand new JK BMS 150a for sale.

The BMS can be used with Lithium/LifePO4 packs from 8S to 20S and has 2A balance current.

Price - 60K each

JK BMS 200a for 8S to 24S Lithium/LifePO4 packs at 75k - also has 2A balance current.

Please reach out to 0 8 0 8 1 1 4 4 4 4 2 to pay and pickup

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omimisolar(m): 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2022
aadewoyin how? The load side ?can you show picture ?post=8873622:
Actually , we just connected those camera directly to the charge controller, because all the IP Cameras and AP are 12volts input,

1 unit IP Speed Dome: 12v 3Amps
2 units Outdoor IR: 12v 2Amps
1 unit AP : 12V 1Amp

Our 100AH battery there, can power them for 2days, but we never let it drain,

@George_D Would you mind tell me how many hours is Sunlight in Nigeria, Lagos and Ibadan,
I have a IP surveillance setup there this coming September

Thanks sir,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature). It works with any deep cycle / tubular / lithium battery capacity of your choice.

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omimisolar(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
dammodee911:
please ask your installer check the settings of the inverter. Though these hybrid are sensitive to gen input setting can also cause it. If you know how what is the inverter setting now?
Recently installed a 5.5kwh Smk hybrid on and off grid inverter system coupled with 4 units of 12v 200ah blue carbon lithium ion lifepo4 batteries and 8 450watts mono solar panels. Everything seems fine, but the only downside is that my 9kva firman 12990esr generator can’t seem to charge it. So far only the solar and Nepa light have been able to charge it. But with the raining season on full mode and epileptic power supply, I really need the generator option. My installer said my generator frequency isn’t enough, this is a generator that comfortably powers my 3hp inverter standing AC and 1.5hp inverter AC. What can I do pls? So far from the inverter screen, my gen produces btw 275 -285v and btw 48 - 50.5hz. Shouldn’t this be enough to charge the battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omimisolar(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
FireTheSun:
your example in this is not correct. Canadian solar re not the only quality panels in the market. Jinko, ERA,Traina,JA etc all work well. Installation have so many factor for it work properly. You can only compare them to Chinese low grade type. If you buy Canadian solar and put it at the wrong side of the roof it will not perform magic. Cost is also related to when those product came in ie dollar rate.

I am not sure of how to respond to this, because l am not an expert on the subject but like you, l asked the same question when l wanted to begin my own RE journey. Let me recount, in details.

The explanation a trusted Senior Bros gave me was: if you are asked to go to a Car Dealership and pick any of two Vehicles on Sale, a Mercedes Benz or a Hyundai, which one will you pick?
I did not ley him finish before l responded: Benz-er! grin
He said why would l pick a Benz and not a Hyundai afteral, both of them can take me home or take me anywhere l want to go, both uses fuel and four Tires, he went on and on about their similarities.

I jumped-in and said well, Benz costs more than a Hyundai!
He countered again and said: Even that should not be so, afteral, they are both Cars and do the same thing: take occupants from Point A to B.

Being someone who had used a Mercedes Benz 230E V-Boot in the late 90's, l countered back by saying, try to negotiate a bend at very high speed and you will see how the Wheels of a Bens will not just turn (like all other cars do) but also bend sideways, to give you added stability by lowering its centre of gravity (while other Cars will likely summersault as a result), not to mention the internal comforts and German Engineering ruggedness! Motor that just refuse to stop working.

He then told me: The Canadian Solar is like your Mercedes Benz, while the Jinkos and Yinkos are the Hyundai of this world!.
Benz might be costlier but you get what you pay for
!
He added: I work hard for money so l wont just throw it away, if there is no additional value to the extra cost.
He has been using his Canadian Solar ever since, long before l bought mine.
This story always remind me that "Cheaper" is not always Better but it will do, if availability of funds are a major issue".
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
ojeysky:
230AH New Eve cells available can sell in minimum of 8 units @75k each. Comes with Busbar, nuts and screws

Call/WhatsApp: 08035233535

A pack of 8 units still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
FireTheSun:

I am not sure of how to respond to this, because l am not an expert on the subject but like you, l asked the same question when l wanted to begin my own RE journey. Let me recount, in details.

The explanation a trusted Senior Bros gave me was: if you are asked to go to a Car Dealership and pick any of two Vehicles on Sale, a Mercedes Benz or a Hyundai, which one will you pick?
I did not ley him finish before l responded: Benz-er! grin
He said why would l pick a Benz and not a Hyundai afteral, both of them can take me home or take me anywhere l want to go, both uses fuel and four Tires, he went on and on about their similarities.

I jumped-in and said well, Benz costs more than a Hyundai!
He countered again and said: Even that should not be so, afteral, they are both Cars and do the same thing: take occupants from Point A to B.

Being someone who had used a Mercedes Benz 230E V-Boot in the late 90's, l countered back by saying, try to negotiate a bend at very high speed and you will see how the Wheels of a Bens will not just turn (like all other cars do) but also bend sideways, to give you added stability by lowering its centre of gravity (while other Cars will likely summersault as a result), not to mention the internal comforts and German Engineering ruggedness! Motor that just refuse to stop working.

He then told me: The Canadian Solar is like your Mercedes Benz, while the Jinkos and Yinkos are the Hyundai of this world!.
Benz might be costlier but you get what you pay for
!
He added: I work hard for money so l wont just throw it away, if there is no additional value to the extra cost.
He has been using his Canadian Solar ever since, long before l bought mine.
This story always remind me that "Cheaper" is not always Better but it will do, if availability of funds are a major issue".

I think this gives an impression that Canadian is a better PV than all panels including Jinko.... Which should not be the case. Have you put Jinko and Canadian side by side with same condition?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) ... (1708) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Peterlove11, sholamat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.