Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2062698 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:44am On Oct 22, 2022
AshipaEk0:
Please recommend a setup design for me.

Beginner.

Solar Panels may not be possible this time (due to location and cost) but would prefer a system where adding panels would be easy later.

Max Load:

Lights = 150 watts total (all won't be on at once)

Fans: 60 x 3 = 180 W total

1 HP Split AC (TUNDRA) = can't find rating. Spec sheet says 5.7A Max

1 TV. = 120 W Max

1 Decoders, 1 TV Box = 30 Watts

1 Laptop. = 65 Watts

Obligatory phones charging

1 Deep Freezer *****

Major requirement:
Power AC and 2 security lights only through the night. 9 hours
according to your major requirements cheesy, night load will be about 1500w for 9hrs.
48v 5000w hybrid inverter
48v 400ah lithium battery
atleast 6kw of panels
u need atleast 5 to 6million to pull this off..

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2022
1HP inverter aircon and 2 Led bulbs will consume around 500w*9hrs = 4.5kWh.

A 3kVA 24Vdc Hybrid inverter and
280Ah 24Vdc diy Lithium bank will do the trick.
Total cost less than N1m.

AshipaEk0:
Please recommend a setup design for me.

Beginner.

Solar Panels may not be possible this time (due to location and cost) but would prefer a system where adding panels would be easy later.

Max Load:

Lights = 150 watts total (all won't be on at once)

Fans: 60 x 3 = 180 W total (not all at once)

1 HP Split AC (TUNDRA) = can't find rating. Spec sheet says 5.7A Max

1 TV. = 120 W Max

1 Decoders, 1 TV Box = 30 Watts

1 Laptop. = 65 Watts

Obligatory phones charging

Around 500Watts excluding AC

1 Deep Freezer ***** ( I think this will only run at daytime if I install solar)

Major requirement:
Power AC and 2 security lights only through the night. 9 hours
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AshipaEk0: 11:32am On Oct 22, 2022
Valto:
according to your major requirements cheesy, night load will be about 1500w for 9hrs.
48v 5000w hybrid inverter
48v 400ah lithium battery
atleast 6kw of panels
u need atleast 5 to 6million to pull this off..

The 1 HP split AC is 1500 W?? That's surprising . I power it with a 2400W Lutian generator along with the other load (excluding freezer)

Removing it from the equation nko? A 24V system will do?

To be honest it's the only reason I'm considering the inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AshipaEk0: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2022
Barezzi:

Thank you.

This seems more in line with what I was thinking (expecting)

I guess with lithium I shouldn't need to nanny the system so much?

Please which name brands should I avoid given that it's a first time experience ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 11:44am On Oct 22, 2022
Barezzi:

he didn't write that his ac is the inverter type
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 11:46am On Oct 22, 2022
AshipaEk0:

Thank you.

This seems more in line with what I was thinking (expecting)

I guess with lithium I shouldn't need to nanny the system so much?

Please which name brands should I avoid given that it's a first time experience ?
if you are running on a lean budget, then powering the ac should be out of the equation or else you will be looking at spending up to 3m just for inverter and batteries alone
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2022
AshipaEk0:

The 1 HP haier thermocool tundra split That's surprising . I power it with a 2400W Lutian generator along with the other load (excluding freezer)

your AC is non inverter type hence likely to consume approximately 800w to 1000w,( 1hp tundra, R32 gas type, very efficient but power hungry cheesy ) u mentioned security bulbs which could be many, so lets say total of 1200w to 1300w over night

Removing it from the equation nko? A 24V system will do?
absolutely yes. a 24v inverter will do.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2022
adrusa:

I had a sad experience with the Morningstar MPPT Charge Controller. Two got destroyed in my early solar years because of battery disconnect issue. I swore for them since then. They appear to be the only one with that problem since I never had that issue with any other charge controller.

Once you do mistake of going a bit higher than 150v or the battery disconnect. The next thing is to check your bank account balance for replacement grin.
Very notorious controller.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AshipaEk0: 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2022
Valto:

your AC is non inverter type hence likely to consume approximately 800w to 1000w,( 1hp tundra, R32 gas type, very efficient but power hungry cheesy ) u mentioned security bulbs which could be many, so lets say total of 1200w to 1300w over night

absolutely yes. a 24v inverter will do.

Okay Thank you.

Security bulbs is just 2 Nos 18W LED bulbs though grin na English palaver

Its this AC: https://www.thermocoolstore.com/product/haier-thermocool-tundra-air-conditioner-1hp-hsu-09tesn-01/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
AshipaEk0:

Okay Thank you.

Security bulbs is just 2 Nos 18W LED bulbs though grin na English palaver

Its this AC: https://www.thermocoolstore.com/product/haier-thermocool-tundra-air-conditioner-1hp-hsu-09tesn-01/

the AC is 4.3Amax, around 950w lets say 1000w load total. a 48v 280ah(14kwh) lithium battery can serve.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by haslaw(m): 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
Hello gurus in the house,

Please I need advice. I have 6 solar panels of 350W to be used on 24V battery system. My inverter is 24V/1.5KVA

What type and capacity of MPPT charge controller should I get for my setup?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2022
haslaw:

Please I need advice. I have 6 solar panels of 350W to be used on 24V battery system. My inverter is 24V/1.5KVA

u need atleast an 80A mppt or better still 100A version.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by divinebitshop: 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2022
Valto:

You can get more information here:
https://infibranches.com/blog/category/solar/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
PV Array is 2,100w - 6 x 350w

Average Efficiency the PV will do ~1,600w - 2,100w x 77%

1600w at 28v bulk charge is about 58amps.

So a 60amp CC will do for you nicely especially if you have no plans for future expansion of your 1.5kVa 24v system.

If you have really good panels and wish to take advantage of their peak performance then an 80a CC will free you from all constraints when feeding the CC with 2,100w PV - the extra power will typically be brief and fleeting and is more for kicks than any real use (this is a sub to those who track and brag about how their panels reached or exceeded name plate for a few seconds or minutes every day)

If you plan to upgrade in future, consider a 48v setup as the next evolution and choose a 60a CC today that can handle VoC up to 150v when you eventually upgrade.

Consider that thesame 60a CC paired with a 24v battery can only pass through about 1,800w from PV to battery, same CC paired with a 48v nominal battery will pass through up to 3,400w of PV to the battery. So you are generally better off going to a higher battery nominal voltage than buying a larger CC all things being equal.

haslaw:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2022
samir101ng:

Hehehe grin grin grin E dey enter your eye abi. Morning Star dey chook your eye abi. @Zeestone1 we have a propective convert o ! grin

I faced this same issue early in my research. Morning Star has now added all the other bells and whistles you might need to their refreshed charge controller lines and now have expanded their inverter range. My only issue with their inverter range is the lack of a 5kva 48v product. Their 48v inverter range tops out at 2.5kva which is a little too small for my energy needs. The Solax X1 G4 Hybrid inverter is topping my list right now. And a Morning Star setup of inverter and charge controller is going to be too expensive in my opinion for the 2.5kva inverter power you will be getting. Of course the GenStar 100amp charge controller is going to be a solid investment for those with large battery banks with brand agnostic inverters.
I am having a great time with the SolaX inverters. Easy to set up. The X-3 G4 has been incredible. The 15kw has incredible performance. We were running them at almost 14 kw off grid
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by haslaw(m): 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2022
Valto:

Thanks so much for the advice

Pls what brands are strong and reliable but not too expensive.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by haslaw(m): 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
PV Array is 2,100w - 6 x 350w

Average Efficiency the PV will do ~1,600w - 2,100w x 77%

1600w at 28v bulk charge is about 58amps.

So a 60amp CC will do for you nicely especially if you have no plans for future expansion of your 1.5kVa 24v system.

If you have really good panels and wish to take advantage of their peak performance then an 80a CC will free you from all constraints when feeding the CC with 2,100w PV - the extra power will typically be brief and fleeting and is more for kicks than any real use (this is a sub to those who track and brag about how their panels reached or exceeded name plate for a few seconds or minutes every day)

If you plan to upgrade in future, consider a 48v setup as the next evolution and choose a 60a CC today that can handle VoC up to 150v when you eventually upgrade.

Consider that thesame 60a CC paired with a 24v battery can only pass through about 1,800w from PV to battery, same CC paired with a 48v nominal battery will pass through up to 3,400w of PV to the battery. So you are generally better off going to a higher battery nominal voltage than buying a larger CC all things being equal.

Thanks for the apt analysis. I am actually planning to upgrade so I'll likely go for the 48V/80A CC.

My next question is that, please what brands are strong and reliable but not too expensive.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:35pm On Oct 22, 2022
haslaw:

Thanks so much for the advice

Pls what brands are strong and reliable but not too expensive.

Thanks
fangupsun, epever

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2022
interesting. I have the 2 CCs (60amps type) connected to the same bank 48v bank. Solar panels connected to them are in in the same place, same distance to the CC and yet the Epever CC always showed a marginal harvest than the pfangpusun. Internal calibration issues? just wondering.
Valto:
fangupsun, epever
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:13am On Oct 23, 2022
durodee:
interesting. I have the 2 CCs (60amps type) connected to the same bank 48v bank. Solar panels connected to them are in in the same place, same distance to the CC and yet the Epever CC always showed a marginal harvest than the pfangpusun. Internal calibration issues? just wondering.

Even if you use 2 unit of epever or fangpusun (same brand/model), one will always get more harvest.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 10:41am On Oct 23, 2022
zeestone99:

Even if you use 2 unit of epever or fangpusun (same brand/model), one will always get more harvest.

Please why is that
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 12:08pm On Oct 23, 2022
guys, what are the good brands for servo stabilisers out there? is prag still good? i'm talking about the 10KVA range
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
EPOMA:

Please why is that

Depending on how they sense voltage, one will always perform slightly poorer than the other. Battery voltage is a major determinant of how charge controllers work. Once two or more charge controllers are giving conflicting voltages, however slight, one or more will overestimate the state of charge of the battery and slow down.

Even the parallel configurations don't change the outcome much. I once wasted money on another Outback charge controller because I thought it will work better with the one I was then using.

All you can do is to ensure that the set voltages are the same, use same wire size and length from the controllers to the battery and stop worrying about the differences you will note, usually towards the end of the day or when your battery is full.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
Jefferyzz:
U can build a 12v 200a system with ur budget but u'll need to cut down ur usage.
N for solar panels. Someone here wants to sell used 300w yingli panels for 50k each.. not sure if he still has left. I got 4 from him. Ur remaining 250 will go-to flooded battery 150-180k. Inverter.. 30k..
Wires go chop like 15k MCB 1pole(2dc n 1ac) 2k each.. ur budget no carry SPDs...
Good evening... Can you please share me the vendor contact... I need like 2 as well
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
adrusa:

Depending on how they sense voltage, one will always perform slightly poorer than the other. Battery voltage is a major determinant of how charge controllers work. Once two or more charge controllers are giving conflicting voltages, however slight, one or more will overestimate the state of charge of the battery and slow down.

Even the parallel configurations don't change the outcome much. I once wasted money on another Outback charge controller because I thought it will work better with the one I was then using.

All you can do is to ensure that the set voltages are the same, use same wire size and length from the controllers to the battery and stop worrying about the differences you will note, usually towards the end of the day or when your battery is full.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
EPOMA:

Please why is that

Many reasons, both controllers might not necessary need to pull the same amount of current because the battery will limit what gets in as controller b will just add the remaining current controller a didn't complete. Also The efficiency of panels, angle, cables and many more can cause it. You can swap controllers and see how it performs.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 2:40am On Oct 24, 2022
dbshaywhy:

Good evening... Can you please share me the vendor contact... I need like 2 as well
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by davidolarewaju2: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2022
Valto:
fangupsun, epever

Please where can I buy Epever from a reputable company (not Alaba or jiji)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
*Reliable 3kVA, 24V Zinox Inverter For Sale*

Note:

Never been used though its carton got torn.

Price: 100k.

0.8.03.33.43-911

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2022

8pcs of brand new grade A EVE 230ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells available at 83k each
20pcs brand new eve 50ah cells available at 22k each. different types of lifepo4 bms also available
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nnadychuks(m): 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
I have 42” tv, ps4, 2 fans and few bulbs.
I’m considering buying a solar generator like the ones below. Please advise me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: edobor108(m), Danibestguy, adrusa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.