Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063322 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 5:59am On Apr 07, 2023
Peterlove11:

Have been using Eva table water since I installed my batteries. My installer that claim he sells distilled water always keep telling me next week(when he will have in store). Don't know the tds.
The tds is a meter that analysis the water through conductivity, to determine if the water has sediments or impurities. In short it passes current through the water to determine this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:10am On Apr 07, 2023
Peterlove11:

Like Zeestone said, most low frequency inverters can handle 3x surge for brief seconds, hybrid 2x for about a second. The difference is that premium inverters can do the above with very low standby consumption, and better efficiency
you are very correct, I have been using my tbb 1.2kva 12v inverter to power a big blender which consumes about 1.3kw at medium speed, albeit for about 4mins intermittently. Reading were done via a clamp meter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:23am On Apr 07, 2023
GloriousGbola:

This is the catch. An inkjet print will work no issues. It uses very little power. But you will pay through your nose for ink. A laser jet printer will likely trip your inverter. Maybe the more recent versions will work, if you put everything else off while running them. Their cartridges cost less in the long run, but their energy costs are higher

I've been using ink tank (Canon & Epson) since 2019. Extremely low cost and low power consumption. ozone0801
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2023
samnaija:

If you can collect your air-conditioning water without any debris and dirt. You have distilled water. You can also run the water through a filter.
I know someone that uses well water for their tubular, I won't recommend it. The person also uses a tds to ensure the water is ok.

I use the ac water for my tubular, stopped buying distilled water a long time ago . Get a tds also.
My brother, the first option you gave can be used if the AC pipe is kept from contact with dust etc. But the second option is no go area because no matter how you filter water can not remove dissolve element that will react with your battery. Distillation and filtration are two different separation techniques which are used for different purposes.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:18am On Apr 07, 2023
Dishtech:

My brother, the first option you gave can be used if the AC pipe is kept from contact with dust etc. But the second option is no go area because no matter how you filter water can not remove dissolve element that will react with your battery. Distillation and filtration are two different separation techniques which are used for different purposes.

That is why I don't recommend it my brother.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:25am On Apr 07, 2023
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller. Comes with a free 1000V 63A double pole original Tomzn DC breaker worth at least 5,000

Price: 61,000 firm.

Original 1000V 63A double pole original Tomzn DC breaker

Price: 5,000 firm

3000W Changi Transformerless pure sinewave Inverter (no charging function) with battery voltmeter. Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup. Actual/Continuous power is 1500w. Peak power is 3000w. Very low idle watts consumption. Has protection against overload and surges from sparks

Inverter capacity tested using the following household appliances:

1. 80w non-inverter Haier Thermocool 100L deep-freezer + >120w 5ca5" Hisense Smart TV + 400w Maxi 10kg washing machine + 70w slim Sony PS3 + 65w laptop power pack + 33w Qasa rechargeable + 400w Royal blender ≈ >1,000w rated appliances all loaded on inverter at once

2. Overload protection kicked in when i plugged in only a pressing iron rated 1,600w... embarassed

Videos of test available on request

Price: 57,000 firm

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:43am On Apr 07, 2023
sharks776:
Hello good people and Solar Pros in the house. Please I need advice on this issue. I have 6pcs of 430w panel and trying to expand with 6pcs 450w panels.

Q1: can I mix the two
Q2: can my fangpusun 60a handle it?

Note: the 430w panel has high Voc and low Isc, while the 450w has low Voc and higher Isc

How can I help you? I saw your attempt to connect with me ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2023
Bluegate

Sunnystooth:

I don plead tire... Please house help with recommendations naaa, I don't want to make mistake again.

A good 24V 3.5KVA inverter with budget around 250k naira.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 12:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
viperVIP:
You are right.
I tilted it to the extent as if I was guarding the sun rays from escaping grin that's when I was able to get that 101 or so, without tilting it's worse, about 65-90.

So I am very sure of the figures, that's the best the panel could produce.

Can you share the tilt angle that gave you the highest output. I am not expecting exact figures as it has been a while you did it but an approximate angle of tilt (from the horizontal: ground/floor) will suffice.

And the state, your tilt angle experiment took place at. Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by 9free(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
20A 2P TOMZN DC breaker needed in Abuja.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
9free:
20A 2P TOMZN DC breaker needed in Abuja.

Available - 6.5k

Call/chat - 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2023
My
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
My 1.5kva solar journey

Two 400watt panel
60amp Felicity controller
1.5kva foresolar inverter
One flooded 220ah luminous battery
Solar rack
17bot nut and washer
Battery rack
25metre of 6mm flexible cable
2 Cable lock
Two 32amp DC breaker
One meter board
5Yard each 2.5mm wire red and black
6yard 1.5mm earth wire
100amp changeover
13am plug
3inch nail one pound weight
Trunk pipe one length

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pojomojo: 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
osayuwamwen:
My 1.5kva solar journey

Two 400watt panel
60amp Felicity controller
1.5kva foresolar inverter
One flooded 220ah luminous battery
Solar rack
17bot nut and washer
Battery rack
25metre of 6mm flexible cable
2 Cable lock
Two 32amp DC breaker
One meter board
5Yard each 2.5mm wire red and black
6yard 1.5mm earth wire
100amp changeover
13am plug
3inch nail one pound weight
Trunk pipe one length
How much did it cost you?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
I didn't buy all d items once, I bought it little by little

400watt choice panel 85k each
1.5kva foresolar inverter 90k
Luminous battery 164k
Felicity controller 60amp 105k
Battery rack 12k
Flexible cable 1600 per meter, 40k for 25metre
32amp DC breaker 3k each, d box 1k each
Trunk pipe 700
I can't remember d price of the other items
Pojomojo:
How much did it cost you?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
SRNE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE!!!

Get ALL your SRNE products ( Hybrid Inverters, Solar Charge Controllers, Lithium Batteries and All-in-one systems ) directly from SRNE Partner ...

Available Hybrid Inverters:

▪️3kva 24v 100vdc Hybrid Inverter with inbuilt 60A mppt

▪️3.3kva 24v 500vdc Hybrid Inverter with Inbuilt 80A Mppt

▪️3.3kva 48v 145vdc Hybrid Inverter with Inbuilt 60A Mppt

▪️5kva 48v 145vdc Hybrid Inverter with inbuilt 80A mppt ( *Parallel and Non-parallel models* )

▪️5kva 48v 500vdc Hybrid Inverter with inbuilt 80A mppt ( *Parallel and Non-parallel models* )

NOTE :- All systems can be monitored remotely with our external WiFi kit that is purchased separately

SRNE solar charge regulators and batteries are also available..

We also offer after sales service ...

Product comes with standard warranty!

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by haarfeez: 7:53am On Apr 08, 2023
Experts in the house, what's your take on solar freezers are they reliable and durable for business please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 8:29am On Apr 08, 2023
haarfeez:
Experts in the house, what's your take on solar freezers are they reliable and durable for business please

When I see people advertise these "solar DC freezers" at exorbitant prices, I wonder what's the usefulness since the watts used is similar to an ac freezer minus the starting watts for compressor. I'll even get an inverter ac freezer over the solar freezer as I see no advantage

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:47am On Apr 08, 2023
haarfeez:

If you are into fish business, to set it up will be cheaper in the sense you will not need an inverter, only batteries, panels and charge controller. The only issue will be after sale maintenance, pray the seller can maintain the freezer when issue arise.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:59am On Apr 08, 2023
Namzy:

When I see people advertise these "solar DC freezers" at exorbitant prices, I wonder what's the usefulness since the watts used is similar to an ac freezer minus the starting watts for compressor. I'll even get an inverter ac freezer over the solar freezer as I see no advantage

Almost most of this solar freezers are so frail as the importers usually buy the cheapest with zero regards to quality. You are better off buying reputable low wattage AC fridge and freezers.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by haarfeez: 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
samnaija:

If you are into fish business, to set it up will be cheaper in the sense you will not need an inverter, only batteries, panels and charge controller. The only issue will be after sale maintenance, pray the seller can maintain the freezer when issue arise.

Drinks is the intended usage
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
haarfeez:

Sure that's okay, but like everyone is saying , the after sale issues and fragile nature should be considered.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2023
haarfeez:

Better you get a normal energy efficient freezer, I have a setup for a customer powering a 210litre haier thermocool freezer made up of a ton 1.2kva inverter, 70ah lifepo4 battery 600w solar panels with a 60a pwm cc. It runs from 9am to around 6.30pm everyday. Installed in January

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2023
Finally installed my 1.5kva solar system

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Finally installed my 1.5kva solar system
Inside the same room? Is there no risk to this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
No, that's a lobby and it's spacious
Sapiosexuality:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
osayuwamwen:
No, that's a lobby and it's spacious
Okay that's good. I like how simple it looks. The new terms and posts here confuse the knowledge I often think I have.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 7:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
Good evening house,pls is there any protective device i can get to protect my inverter and solar set up from thunderstorms?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by VALtech(m): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
Brand new grade A EVE 160ah lifepo4 lithium cells with authentic intact QR code and complete original busbars and screws included! we can assemble in a premium metal box with Bluetooth Bms as
12v 160ah
12v 320ah
24v 160ah
24v 320ah
48v 160ah
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by haarfeez: 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2023
Penuelseun:
Better you get a normal energy efficient freezer, I have a setup for a customer powering a 210litre haier thermocool freezer made up of a ton 1.2kva inverter, 70ah lifepo4 battery 600w solar panels with a 60a pwm cc. It runs from 9am to around 6.30pm everyday. Installed in January

How much is likely to set this up, thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 12:55am On Apr 09, 2023
Sapiosexuality:

What of those in a room apartment?
Risk is everywhere bro.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:29am On Apr 09, 2023
samnaija:

Sure that's okay, but like everyone is saying , the after sale issues and fragile nature should be considered.

The after sales service are available.
Just that they are expensive. If you want a replacement of the compressor, it around 40k or there about. Every other thing is similar with the regular fridge

(1) (2) (3) ... (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.