Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:44 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2130130 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) ... (1734) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by stanvesco(m): 11:40pm On Jul 08, 2023
ajabani4allah:
My Dc celling fan has been failing but it stopped working completely yesterday and during my testing I discovered it's the driver board that's faulty. Pls who know where I can get the board below

Go to AliExpress. Use the picture to search for a.product.

Thank me later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:49am On Jul 09, 2023
stanvesco:

Go to AliExpress. Use the picture to search for a.product.

Thank me later
not cheap on Aliexpress, he is better off buying in Nigeria for between 10k to 12k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 4:37am On Jul 09, 2023
3kva 24v prag hybrid inverter
3kva 24v must hybrid inverter
3kva 24v iPower plus hybrid inverter.
Please which of these three are more reliable and compatible with lifepo4 battery.

I was actually looking for 3kw and not 3kva. Recommendations for another good brand is needed. Felicity is out of the picture.

I may need up to three units.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 5:59am On Jul 09, 2023
viperVIP:
DON'T BUY GROWATT SPF 5000 ES WITHOUT READING THIS. sad

I experienced same issue when I newly installed the inverter 2yrs ago, pv wouldn't power the loads without batteries or grid connected, nor power on the inverter when it's off due to LVD. I concluded it was a Chinese dubious advertising of over stating features while under delivery.
Besides that issue the inverter has served me reliably for 2yrs now running 24/7 without issue.
Imported 3 more to install in my office and now hoping the pv batteryless features will be functional😁 now that I know better.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 6:27am On Jul 09, 2023
coldcandy:
I am just wondering why one would put the inverter in OFF position.
Is it not supposed to be ON to work?

###below the belt####

🙄
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 6:43am On Jul 09, 2023
viperVIP:
GROWATT PALAVA, EPISODE 2

Thank you for this review, it is going to help a lot of people make informed decisions, we need these kind of reviews in the Nigerian renewable energy space

False misrepresentation, false declaration among many other sales gimmicks are used by manufacturers, distributors even the so called middle men to sell their products to unsuspecting customers

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:12am On Jul 09, 2023
Justice629:

I experienced same issue when I newly installed the inverter 2yrs ago, pv wouldn't power the loads without batteries or grid connected, nor power on the inverter when it's off due to LVD.

Imagine what will happen to those fully off-grid without generator when this happens.

I conclude it was a Chinese dubious advertising of over stating features while under delivery.

Besides that issue the inverter has served me reliably for 2yrs now running 24/7 without issue.

Imported 3 more to install in my office and now hoping the pv batteryless features will be functional😁 now that I know better.

I downloaded DavidPov videos regarding Growalt videos on Friday night and watched the videos yesterday morning before seeing @ViperVIP comment regarding the inverter and I tend to agree with you on the claims of certain aspects of they inverter.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:23am On Jul 09, 2023
viperVIP:
NO, it does not need to be ON for the pv to charge.
it only needs to be ON for the inverter to produce output power.

Why do they need to turn off Inverter, why not the AC out breaker?
Is it to save battery or what?

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:07am On Jul 09, 2023
isangjohnson:
3kva 24v prag hybrid inverter
3kva 24v must hybrid inverter
3kva 24v iPower plus hybrid inverter.
Please which of these three are more reliable and compatible with lifepo4 battery.

I was actually looking for 3kw and not 3kva. Recommendations for another good brand is needed. Felicity is out of the picture.

I may need up to three units.
We have
3.5kva sunmart vmiii 100a mppt - 340k
3.5kva Sorotec Revo vmiii 100a mppt - 340k
3.5kva powmr 100a mppt - 340k
3.5kva sunmart vmii 100a mppt - 320k

Dm to order

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dam5reey:

I've also been wondering why inverter needs to be switched off
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
jonescosmos:
Hello fellas, longest time.
Who remembers this my inverter room?
Well, this is what it looks like right now.

2x 8KW Deye Hybrid Inverters EU-Version.
4x 15KW Felicity LPBF48300 Battery Packs.
24x 600W Canadian Solar Panels.
10x 540W Felicity Solar Panels.
Plenty Automations.
ETC.

I assume these inverters are running in parallel or are they running independent of one another? Do you log the inverter data? If yes could you share a 1 week graph of your load and PV hervest?

As to the early hervest issue, I think it may have to do with your PV input voltage. I use 8kw Deye myself and get early hervest; from 6:30am one of the mppt will already start generating.
You can reach out so we compare data if you want.

Just to corroborate, attached pics was taken at 6.35am...the mppt with higher input voltage already woke up.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvablesam(m): 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
I need some advice:

So I have a 40AH LIthium battery, a 150watt panel and a 30A PWM charge controller.

Is it safe to charge the battery with the panel and chargevcontroller permanently?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2023
@Justice629 I'm glad you could confirm that as well.
@coldcandy would you just leave an inverter in on position for 12hours when nobody needs power from it, I mean for no good reason, you just want to waste idle energy for 12hours undecided ?
@Dam5reey Ofcourse to save energy, who goes green with the aim of wasting energy? If you switch off the output breaker, you have idle energy consumption wasting away, which isn't a smart thing to do.

tsiriman:

I've also been wondering why inverter needs to be switched off

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2023
luvablesam:
I need some advice:

So I have a 40AH LIthium battery, a 150watt panel and a 30A PWM charge controller.

Is it safe to charge the battery with the panel and chargevcontroller permanently?

100% safe, the 30A CC can accept minimum 360w and perhaps 420w max for 12v.

If you have the means, add another 150w panel and parallel both of them to charge your battery faster.

I will also advise you post the VOC of both the CC and panel.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
viperVIP:
@Justice629 I'm glad you could confirm that as well.
@coldcandy would you just leave an inverter in on position for 12hours when nobody needs power from it, I mean for no good reason, you just want to waste idle energy for 12hours undecided ?
@Dam5reey Ofcourse to save energy, who goes green with the aim of wasting energy? If you switch off the output breaker, you have idle energy consumption wasting away, which isn't a smart thing to do.

The bms could also disable discharge during LVD and it's expected for the inverter to turn on when pv is available to recharge the batteries

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2023
Penuelseun:
it means the maximum voltage your inverter cc can accept is 25v, so you are stuck with 180w or 200w solar panels whose VOC is not more than 22v. Better to buy 4pcs 150w or 180w and connect all in parallel or get an external CC
If i still want to get 2 300w panel, what minimum pwm wattage would suffice?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 4:53pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dam5reey:

I recall my own growatt was doing this, and I was turning it off late at night to save battery as I didn't have enough back up.

@Olopan suggested I only turn off the output breaker as the idle consumption of the inverter isn't much. So I did, and the problem was solved.

The funny thing is that that specific inverter now charges with the presence of pv when power switch is off. It is the SPF HVM model.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
Drgreatone:

If i still want to get 2 300w panel, what minimum pwm wattage would suffice?
better you get an mppt controller as almost all 300w panels have a VOC of 36v, pwm controllers will work but you will only be using about half of the capacity of the solar panels. You are better off getting 150w or 180w panels if you still want to go ahead with the pwm controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Thank you so much 🙏🙏🙏
Penuelseun:
better you get an mppt controller as almost all 300w panels have a VOC of 36v, pwm controllers will work but you will only be using about half of the capacity of the solar panels. You are better off getting 150w or 180w panels if you still want to go ahead with the pwm controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvablesam(m): 7:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
TechGeek777:

100% safe, the 30A CC can accept minimum 360w and perhaps 420w max for 12v.

If you have the means, add another 150w panel and parallel both of them to charge your battery faster.

I will also advise you post the VOC of both the CC and panel.

What's VOC? I don't understand. I am a novice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
luvablesam:

What's VOC? I don't understand. I am a novice

Open Circuit Voltage or VOC is shown in the panel specifications and is the voltage available from the solar panel when there is no load attached.

Check back of your charge controller & back of the panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2023
For most modern inverters, this behaviour is settable in the software (settings)

For older versions the ON/OFF button can be (re)wired to drive whether the inverter otherwise functions for PV and mains passthrough while switched OFF.

If I lay hands on a Growatt manual, I will see if the behaviour can be influenced from the settings.

FEGEITOK:

Disclaimer: I don't use Growatt.

But even if I turn off my inverter, it will power devices if it is connected to AC charging.

Since I am not using the inbuilt solar charge controller, I cannot speak for that one.

One thing I do know is that if AEDC seizes power when the inverter is switched off then every connected device will also power down, but if power is restored, even if the inverter is switched off, the devices will have power restored.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2023
@NiyiOmoIyunade kindly download the manual here please

https://autosolar.es/pdf/manual-spf-3500-5000.pdf

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Fapemz: 3:38am On Jul 10, 2023
ericbertrand:
hello, everyone. pls pardon my ignorance about this solar thing. I am a freelancer who works from home but the subsidy removal is really dealing with me. I have a budget of 100-120k to invest in getting an alternative source of energy. I just need something that can power 2 laptops, 4 power banks and charge phones for at least 6 hours a day. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you!

I have the right power solution for you!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2023
ericbertrand:
hello, everyone. pls pardon my ignorance about this solar thing. I am a freelancer who works from home but the subsidy removal is really dealing with me. I have a budget of 100-120k to invest in getting an alternative source of energy. I just need something that can power 2 laptops, 4 power banks and charge phones for at least 6 hours a day. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you!
get this small portable 28ah LifePo4 power bank at a very pocket friendly price of just 50k and thank me later. This can power your laptop for straight 10hrs non stop. U can also charge your phone as it has an accessory for that. I built this packs using mtn lumos LifePo4 cells. Chat me on WhatsApp for more information 08034694579.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2023
8kw Deye required, if you have for sale do reach ASAP.... Number in my signature
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:36am On Jul 10, 2023
5kva 48v Choice inverter available, #300,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2023
10kwh 48v felicity lithium battery still available in quantity, #1,200,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2023
5kwh 24v felicity lithium battery still available, #750,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2023
60A 12-48v Yohako mppt charge controller available, #75,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:45am On Jul 10, 2023
15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery still available, #1,950,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

(1) (2) (3) ... (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) ... (1734) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: redgem(f), Gshems, ksmart027(m), toyeoye(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.