Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059236 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:10am On Mar 31
oliyeniun:
Sir, are you saying.thos is the price of 105ah LifePO4 battery? 280k? Truthfully?

Yes o
If tubular cost same amount with 50% DOD it is 110ah. Why then should I do otherwise?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RickyM: 10:18am On Mar 31
Oshomo12:

That's nice, I paid him full and never bothered to call him. He was just disturbing me with messages nii grin

Delivery date shifted by 24hrs he said.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 10:45am On Mar 31
RickyM:

It depends on your location, from my side, the driver couldn't move on time due to the traffic coming down.

Relax your mind, you will enjoy it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 10:48am On Mar 31
RickyM:

Abeg o, who is the seller or vendor in question?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 11:09am On Mar 31
Edrizz:

Please do endeavour to check d amperage of the inverter, some inverters come with high VOC, low amperage... sorry for the error initially committed

No worries Edrizz,

Thank you for the help and support this far.

The amperage is 80amps. Should I still proceed with 7 panels in series ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by xtremeidea(m): 11:35am On Mar 31
Good Morning Everyone, Happy Easter to you all.

I recently just started the green energy journey with a few mistake and it's been fun.

I joined the Felicity crew cuz my friend was using their products but would have gone with Growatt or Epever if I knew what I know now. (No regrets).

I'm a smart home Enthusiastic and a sucker to stats and monitoring. cool cool grin

My current set up is - Felicity 5KVA inverter (IVPS 5048 ) + Felicity 80amps MPPT + Felicity 5KWH 48v Battery (LPBF48100) + Jinko 435w panels x 6

I found a couple of ports on my inverter (RS485 & RS232), charge controller (RJ45) and batteries but cant get them to communicate with each other. Is there a way to read information from these ports wirelessly or access them remotely.

Please I would be happy to learn. My thought is that those ports arent there for decoration but there's very little information about felicity setups and remote monitoring online.

Please help me or point me in a direction to follow. Would love to read the power generated from the panels and add the stats to home assistant.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 11:35am On Mar 31
BlueStripper:

No worries Edrizz,

Do 4s2p since you won't be able to do all 8 in series due to the total harvest exceeding the controller VOC specification at peak hour

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 11:44am On Mar 31
Edrizz:

Do 4s2p since you won't be able to do all 8 in series due to the total harvest exceeding the controller VOC specification at peak hour

Thank you so much Edrizz,

I appreciate you for everything.

God bless

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 12:15pm On Mar 31
BlueStripper:

No worries Edrizz,

80 wetin.. abeg look well.. max current input is what u shud be looking @ from the pv side.. i bet that 80amps is charging current
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31
xtremeidea:
Good Morning Everyone, Happy Easter to you all.

I recently just started the green energy journey with a few mistake and it's been fun.

I joined the Felicity crew cuz my friend was using their products but would have gone with Growatt or Epever if I knew what I know now. (No regrets).

I'm a smart home Enthusiastic and a sucker to stats and monitoring. cool cool grin

My current set up is - Felicity 5KVA inverter (IVPS 5048 ) + Felicity 80amps MPPT + Felicity 5KWH 48v Battery (LPBF48100) + Jinko 435w panels x 6

I found a couple of ports on my inverter (RS485 & RS232), charge controller (RJ45) and batteries but cant get them to communicate with each other. Is there a way to read information from these ports wirelessly or access them remotely.

Please I would be happy to learn. My thought is that those ports arent there for decoration but there's very little information about felicity setups and remote monitoring online.

Please help me or point me in a direction to follow. Would love to read the power generated from the panels and add the stats to home assistant.

I am actually in the same dilemma, am in dear need of a remote monitoring device for my Felicity set up.
My set:

7.5kv inverter (Felicity)
60a cc (Felicity)
100a cc (Felicity)
60a cc (fangpusun)
12.5kwh x2(wakatek lithium batteries)
10kwh (Felicity lithium battery)

How can I monitor remotely?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 12:56pm On Mar 31
BlueStripper, please reaffirm the charge controller rating of ur inverter and be sure that it's 400volt....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 12:58pm On Mar 31
Hassan52:
Please is there anyone that teaches solar installation? I am interested.

Kougar solutions is running a training program in Abuja.

Google kougar solutions
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by scottsland: 1:03pm On Mar 31
Thanks for your response.
I'll be running it for 24hours
So which panels would be okay and what quantity and the batteries would be at what capacity.
The rating on the Thermocool freezers are confusing 0.77Kwh/24h
Obnoxious2001:

Since you plan using lithium battery, buy hybrid inverter 3.5kva 24v.

That's what is readily available in the market.
@valto get for sale.
You didn't include the time you want to run it.
So I can't provide any opinion on it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dsubtle007(m): 1:25pm On Mar 31
LUKINGUY:
Dear Professionals

I need to design system for 240kw, 20kva Inverter - Out door enclosure for lithium LifePO4 battery

Which brand will you advise on batteries, Inverter and other components (I was thinking of felicity because of their presence in Nigeria incase of aftersales support and warranty.

Thanks
You can make use of a container as a shed or employ the service of aluminum fabricators using plastic sheets. I've done similar projects. can share you some design samples if you don't mind. 08025536635 (Whatsapp)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 2:06pm On Mar 31
brightk:
80 wetin.. abeg look well.. max current input is what u shud be looking @ from the pv side.. i bet that 80amps is charging current

cheesy grin that's true sha. It might not be up to 20A self.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omoregieosaretin: 2:10pm On Mar 31
I installed 5kva 48v Yokako without Panels for now, but it doesn't charge beyond 54%, the charge mode is between 50% to 60%.
Please what should I do.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 2:11pm On Mar 31
TechGeek777:

If it's Jinko 625w sold by Fouani, the VOC is 56 .55V, then I won't advise you connect all 8 panels in series as the total voltage will be (452.4v) which is more than max VOC of inverter 400v.

Max panels you can connect is 7 panels, or 6 panels to be on safe side.

But is the Voc of panel <50v, you can connect all 8 panels in series.

You also need to get AC & DC MCB + Over Voltage Protector, @Zeestone99 sell both devices!
Thank you for this. Was wondering how some came about advising him to series the 8 without asking for the panel's VOC and ensuring he didnt exceed the inverter mppt voltage. Lets be cautious giving advice here as some of us hold on to them dearly. Only few wud take still make further research outside here

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 2:14pm On Mar 31
BlueStripper:
Good Morning Bosses,

Happy Easter and thank you all for the advice the last time.

Update on my decision and progress.

I bought a 3kw Felicity hybrid inverter and 6kw Lantan LFP battery.

I also ordered 8pcs of 625watts Jinko Panels from Fouani.

Cables: 6mm dual core.

SPD protectors (AC and DC).

My journey to full Lithium begins in a few days.

I am using large arrays for high yield as I intend to run two fridges and an inverter AC during peak hours.

Please advice on solar array configuration. Should I use 4S4P?

Pls read ur inverter manual well, theres a reason for it. If I'm not mistaken, there's a limit to the nos of panels u can connect to it. I think 3000watts or less. Pls confirm before connecting ur panels seeing as u av made ur purchase already.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 2:17pm On Mar 31
BlueStripper:

No worries Edrizz,

For solar input, What's the max power rating of your inverter?

Coming from your panels:
625W x 8 panels = 5000W
At 80% efficiency = 0.8 x 5000 = 4000w

Last last, e be like say na 6 of those panels you go do in series.

Modified:
If it 3000w as speculated by Drgreatone then just do 6 series.
625W x 6 panels = 3750W
At 80% efficiency = 0.8 x 3750 = 3000W
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 2:19pm On Mar 31
BlueStripper:
Good Morning Bosses,

Happy Easter and thank you all for the advice the last time.

Update on my decision and progress.

I bought a 3kw Felicity hybrid inverter and 6kw Lantan LFP battery.

I also ordered 8pcs of 625watts Jinko Panels from Fouani.

Cables: 6mm dual core.

SPD protectors (AC and DC).

My journey to full Lithium begins in a few days.

I am using large arrays for high yield as I intend to run two fridges and an inverter AC during peak hours.

Please advice on solar array configuration. Should I use 4S4P?
oga ur 3.5kw hybrid can only take a max of 4kw of pvs.... there is not such thing as 4s2p in ur own case. the mppt will only take wat it can afford 2 carry and leave d rest.. voc of the panels falls in the range of the mppt voc max. so u can only do 8s...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 2:26pm On Mar 31
Edrizz:

You didn't indicate whether your inverter is an hybrid or not but pertaining to the question asked, u need 475watt x 4pieces to charge to full and additional 475watt x 2pieces incase u need to power some appliance in the afternoon
How did u come about this calculation without knowing what loads he plans to power with it. I av a friend with a 24v system using 1800 watts of panels and he powers 2 freezers during the day and still has enough to run his other loads till the next day. The poster's load might not even be up to my friend's own.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 2:27pm On Mar 31
brightk:

oga ur 3.5kw hybrid can only take a max of 4kw of pvs.... there is not such thing as 4s2p in ur own case. the mppt will only take wat it can afford 2 carry and leave d rest.. voc of the panels falls in the range of the mppt voc max. so u can only do 8s...
Na 3kw self
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 3:02pm On Mar 31
brightk:
my broda na wetin e don experience e go write abt. There re windows laptop u can compare with mac laptops anytime anyday.. na ur money..

Please make sure your comparison is balance by using windows from 2011-12 and Macs of the same year .... Can't say about recent years windows because I made the switch many years ago....
Have you used a Mac?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 3:03pm On Mar 31
kristien4:
Pls has anyone experienced this before, an installer i introduced to a friend mistakenly reversed polarity for battery connection to inverter. And now, the inverter has refused to detect battery.. any solution to this wahala?

Similar happened to me when my installer attempted my installation, although mine was a case of over voltage from battery to inverter. He connected the batteries in series and used my 12v inverter. The inverter just blow. Until now I no see am repair. It has been with different technicians for the past 6 months and none has been able to repair it. I just counted my losses and moved on. It's now scrap as far as I am concerned.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gifted65: 3:18pm On Mar 31
Please I need help.

I have 300 (3) and 250 (1) solar panels
100 lead acid battery (2)
Inverter 3000w sachet

Because of my 12v, so the the installer add another pwm cc to the existing powr mppt because he said the mppt could only take 3 panels.

During the day, i still don't have sufficient energy to power 120w freezer and two ceiling fans with 2 tv

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:21pm On Mar 31
RickyM:

Please, relax your mind. You will get it. Maybe there is a delay on the road. Just call him and find out what actually happened.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 3:24pm On Mar 31
EduTechTainMent:

Similar happened to me when my installer attempted my installation, although mine was a case of over voltage from battery to inverter. He connected the batteries in series and used my 12v inverter. The inverter just blow. Until now I no see am repair. It has been with different technicians for the past 6 months and none has been able to repair it. I just counted my losses and moved on. It's now scrap as far as I am concerned.
Na wa..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 3:29pm On Mar 31
gifted65:
Please I need help.

Inverter 3000w sachet

Because of my 12v, so the the installer add another pwm cc to the existing powr mppt because he said the mppt could only take 3 panels.

During the day, i still don't have sufficient energy to power 120w freezer and two ceiling fans with 2 tv

What is the rating of your fan, is it all those ORL giant 60 type of fan that takes like 140watts on speed 5? What is the rating of your two TVs? Are they lead TVs or just plasma?

But this your connection na wa. Your installer no try at all. You no fit buy trunking pipe and make it neater ni?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gifted65: 3:31pm On Mar 31
Valentinooo:

What is the rating of your fan, is it all those ORL giant 60 type of fan that takes like 140watts on speed 5? What is the rating of your two TVs? Are they lead TVs or just plasma?

But this your connection na wa. Your installer no try at all. You no fit buy trunking pipe and make it neater ni?

Na Qasa dc ceiling fan
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:32pm On Mar 31
gifted65:
Please I need help.

Inverter 3000w sachet

I'm struggling to understand why he used pwm and mppt charge controller.
Please, change that short naked wire across the two battery terminals. It's dangerous...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 3:39pm On Mar 31
gifted65:

Na Qasa dc ceiling fan

OK. That fan no too dey gulp power.
How about TV?
Can your set up power only the freezer with no other loads?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 3:39pm On Mar 31
Can anybody recommend a good MPPT charge controller that has bluetooth app please such that I can easily set/change the controller’s settings on my phone. Sometime readily available in our Nigerian market.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dellabella(m), Olumighty123(m), moneyest(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.