Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2057011 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (1690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Notice that Oga Dapsyra used the expression thick copper bar.

That is the operative word thick - the cables or bars used in a DC system need to be sufficiently rated (read contain enough conductive material) to safely pass large DC currents without heating up and causing a fire.

Generally and all things being equal, the thicker a copper bar is, the better it can safely conduct. Since our local copper bars here don't have label stickers attached to easily know their ampacity ratings, we err on the side of caution and oversize and go as thick as possible.

So I dont know how thick an AC copper tube is but the ones in my AC are not thick at all and even the shape does not lend to easy use for battery termination except you crush it flat or get it in plate form. Perhaps one could use such in high voltage low current DC systems but I would not risk it for conventional 12-48v residential DC systems unless I could guarantee the system would pass only small currents.

Its just another option i dropped... Any DIYer should do well to take precautions to avoid accidents, fires etc....like u said, "err on the side of caution"

Your points are valid as a general information/caution. �
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:51am On Nov 07, 2018
Janyves:

I choose not to believe the bolded caption. Can you please shed more info?

THE stablizer failed, ie was unable\didnt stabilize voltage, it simply passed out the input voltage, the servo remained stationary, took it to prag after some days, they called me to say it has been fixed, billed me 10k, i paid, collected, got home installed, same rubbish, nothing was fixed, took it back to prag, weeks passed, unable to fix stabilizer, till date...mow they claim to have misplaced the stablizer smiley

and the nearest prag repair center was over 180miles/3.5hr journey, so you can imagine the frustration
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2018
Trippledots:

Pls guys.. Pls

Have not used a mercury brand. I have a PSW Microtek 2kva/24V thereabouts
that i barely used for 2 months before upgrading to the VIL 5000W 48v
I think Bobby has a felicity model too . . .
If you play your cards well, you might get one (at least) for now, since you are
on a tight budget; or for free sef, who knows, LOL

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2018
Good afternoon house !

It's disheartening to see batteries fail prematurely but we would keep trying our possible best to see that our clients enjoy quality & lasting renewable energy backup especially when budget isn't an issue smiley !
We are currently on a routine service at a clients place. Battery supplies/overhaul , balancer integration and 6kw power inverter system maintenance/clean up . Always feel free to call us for detailed enquiries if keenly interested in our quality nationwide services .. Cheer's

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2018
Good morning all,

please, shown is a picture of a Surge Protective Device rated 670VDC

will there really be any consequence if I use it in an AC circuit.? will it work?

thanks... cheers

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2018
mcTrinity:
Good morning all,

will there really be any consequence if I use it in an AC circuit.? will it work?

thanks... cheers

I want to belief this issue was discussed sometimes back. Please use AC for AC and DC for DC, no reason looking for trouble.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2018
earthrealm:

no need re-inventing the wheel, the earthing copper tape is readily available and cheap, i bought 1yard/meter about 1500 naira..think 25mm width

I think for 1000 Amp you need atleast 50 x 10
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2018
Oshomo12:

I want to belief this issue was discussed sometimes back. Please use AC for AC and DC for DC, no reason looking for trouble.

Thanks for your reply... I appreciate

though I think what was actually discussed was for breaker (whether to use AC breakers in DC circuits and vice versa). I'm asking regards to Surge device.

Thanks again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oluwaslimzzy(m): 4:36pm On Nov 08, 2018
Courtesy of a satisfied client @ Ikotun...

Contact us to place your order �

#BriteLiteAGMDeepCycleBattery

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2018
pranil:

I think for 1000 Amp you need atleast 50 x 10

50mm(L)*10mm(B)?
What about the thickness?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2018
I always knew I was a geek but I did not know how much of a geek I was. I finally have connected my Nissan leaf batteries to a BMS and I am blown away what you can do with one. I am running an LG Chem and Nissan leaf battery combination.
Enjoy my little video. If you have not subscribed to my channel please do. Give me a thumbs up if you like what you see.
http:///2PgR8bH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU97HUhxdHk

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 10:49pm On Nov 08, 2018
chris81964:
I always knew I was a geek but I did not know how much of a geek I was. I finally have connected my Nissan leaf batteries to a BMS and I am blown away what you can do with one. I am running an LG Chem and Nissan leaf battery combination.
Enjoy my little video. If you have not subscribed to my channel please do. Give me a thumbs up if you like what you see.
http:///2PgR8bH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU97HUhxdHk
Wait so it's you on that channel lol. Been watching it for quite sometime

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2018
Namzy:

Wait so it's you on that channel lol. Been watching it for quite sometime

Thank you for watching. My secret identity is no longer secret. I have been unmasked. Did you like the video?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:14am On Nov 09, 2018
Firstly, it is not advisable to use it for AC application since its designed for DC. Secondly, even for DC application, it will only come to play if the surge exceeds 670v
mcTrinity:
Good morning all,

thanks... cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 8:09am On Nov 09, 2018
DMerciful:
Firstly, it is not advisable to use it for AC application since its designed for DC. Secondly, even for DC application, it will only come to play if the surge exceeds 670v

Good morning prof

thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:21am On Nov 09, 2018
Just to add that effectiveness of an SPD in DC applications will now depend on the design tolerance of the equipment you are protecting vs the SPD's trigger threshold.

Since the surge protection device will only begin to divert fault current when it sees voltage rise above the set limit, you must match the SPD to the design tolerance of the equipment you are protecting.

A good CC can withstand a few thousand volts of surge voltage with no damage, your average inverter may not survive that experience grin So it is not sufficient to just install any SPD but rather one suited to protect your target device(s).

If price is not an object, then you may want to look at the Midnite SPD or perhaps Delta or Schneider. Midnite SPDs are practically the gold standard for surge protection and will limit the voltage rise your device sees to safe limits e.g the SPD 300 will begin diverting fault current at 385volts and almost assuredly limit the maximum voltage rise your device sees to under a thousand volts.

Midnite have some interesting videos and comparison tests on their website. I may share these later.

DMerciful:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 10:11am On Nov 09, 2018
chris81964:

Thank you for watching. My secret identity is no longer secret. I have been unmasked. Did you like the video?
Yea pity about your Trojan batteries lol
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2018
makavele:

Have not used a mercury brand. I have a PSW Microtek 2kva/24V thereabouts
that i barely used for 2 months before upgrading to the VIL 5000W 48v
I think Bobby has a felicity model too . . .
If you play your cards well, you might get one (at least) for now, since you are
on a tight budget; or for free sef, who knows, LOL

Thanks boss, i appreciate.

Pls who has anything between 500w to 1.5kva psw they want to part with should holla a brother before next week monday.... Ejò ni tori olorun.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Just to add that effectiveness of an SPD in DC applications will now depend on the design tolerance of the equipment you are protecting vs the SPD's trigger threshold.

Since the surge protection device will only begin to divert fault current when it sees voltage rise above the set limit, you must match the SPD to the design tolerance of the equipment you are protecting.

A good CC can withstand a few thousand volts of surge voltage with no damage, your average inverter may not survive that experience grin So it is not sufficient to just install any SPD but rather one suited to protect your target device(s).

If price is not an object, then you may want to look at the Midnite SPD or perhaps Delta or Schneider. Midnite SPDs are practically the gold standard for surge protection and will limit the voltage rise your device sees to safe limits e.g the SPD 300 will begin diverting fault current at 385volts and almost assuredly limit the maximum voltage rise your device sees to under a thousand volts.

Midnite have some interesting videos and comparison tests on their website. I may share these later.

Good morning Niyi,

Now I see why the DC SPD rating is always higher compared to that of the AC.

thanks ... cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2018
Brand new EPSolar charge controller 40A, 12V/24V output, 100v input @ 55k.
Fangpusun flexmax 12v/24v/36v/48v/60v 60A 150V input @ 130k
Blue controller 12V/24V 50A 100V input with display 65k

see my signature for contact
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2018
Namzy:

Yea pity about your Trojan batteries lol

They gave me four years
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by roolnaado(m): 6:26am On Nov 10, 2018
Hello house,

Please help me clarify if my solar panel output is okay. I have 4 100w in 2x2 arrangement. I am getting a maximum of 5a reading on the solar charge controller the afternoon. Is this OK?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:40am On Nov 10, 2018
We don't know if it's OK or not, give more data
What is the voltage of the battery? What is the panel voltage? Is the inverter charging via mains supply?
roolnaado:
Hello house,

Please help me clarify if my solar panel output is okay. I have 4 100w in 2x2 arrangement. I am getting a maximum of 5a reading on the solar charge controller the afternoon. Is this OK?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by roolnaado(m): 7:53am On Nov 10, 2018
Thanks

The battery is 2 100ah 12v, according to the installer he said the panel is 100W 24v, I have a 1.5kv inverter and the inverter is charging via phcn

DMerciful:
We don't know if it's OK or not, give more data
What is the voltage of the battery? What is the panel voltage? Is the inverter charging via mains supply?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:59am On Nov 10, 2018
As at the time you recorded 5A as the CC output, what is the battery voltage reading, the panel input voltage, was the inverter charging via mains?
I'm not talking of your system specifications
roolnaado:
Thanks

The battery is 2 100ah 12v, according to the installer he said the panel is 100W 24v, I have a 1.5kv inverter and the inverter is charging via phcn

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by roolnaado(m): 8:46am On Nov 10, 2018
OK, I will check it in the afternoon and post a snapshot. Thanks

DMerciful:
As at the time you recorded 5A as the CC output, what is the battery voltage reading, the panel input voltage, was the inverter charging via mains?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2018
roolnaado:
OK, I will check it in the afternoon and post a snapshot. Thanks
He means your PV panels (IsC, ImP, VoC and VmP). What are the ratings. I however suspect you have PWM controller with your PV panels needlessly arranged in a 2x2 configuration instead of all in parallel. If that were the case, you could double your incoming current by merely breaking the current config and placing them all in parallel.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by roolnaado(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2018
This is the cc reading

DMerciful:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by roolnaado(m): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2018
Hi, I'm a newbie, and I don't know these ratings. I am doubting the installer that's why I want ask for more info here. It's a PWM controller. I will tell him to do a parallel configuration.

Thanks

Saipro:

He means your PV panels (IsC, ImP, VoC and VmP). What are the ratings. I however suspect you have PWM controller with your PV panels needlessly arranged in a 2x2 configuration instead of all in parallel. If that were the case, you could double your incoming current by merely breaking the current config and placing them all in parallel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 11:01am On Nov 10, 2018
The reading on the CC is quite strange as panel current is higher than battery current, unless the pictures were not taken at the same time. My recommendation will be to get an mppt cc and a professional installer. See my signature for whatsapp contact
roolnaado:
This is the cc reading

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 11:51am On Nov 10, 2018
Saipro:

I agree with you to the extent that the 100w pv are truly 24v as his 24v-30a pwm will receive a max amps up to 20a on a good day where no other charging source exist as pointed out by dmerciful.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 5:15am On Nov 11, 2018
10% Discount on order above 100k

Flex max 80a fangpusun 160k
Flex max 60a fangpusun 135k

Morningstar 60a 12v-48v= 250k

Fangpusun (Bluesolar)
70a-12/24/36/48v 127k display included
60a-12/24/36/48v 120k display included
60aD-12/24/36/48v 120k
45a-12/24/36/48v 85k display included
30a-12/24v 47k display included
50a-12/24v 60k display included
50aD-12/24v 60k
60a-12/24v/36v/48v 105k display not included
60aD-12/24v/36v/48v 120k
70a-12/24v/36v/48v 115k display not included
45a-12/24v/36v/48v 70k display not included
MPPT- CONTROL 16K
epever 30a 12/24v (CN) 35k
epever 30a 12/24v 40k
epever 40AN 12/24v 60k
Box-Wifi-01 15k

Esmart3 60a 12/24/48v 100k

Pwm
30a 12/24v 10k
60a 48v 40k
60a 96v 95k

96v-384v Mppt
96v 50a 400k

BMV 702 FANGPUSUN 42K
BMV 700 FANGPUSUN 38K

Battery balancer Ha02 48v 35k
Battery balancer Fangpusun 24v 25k

Watts meter with clock and 50Hz/60Hz calculation 7k
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 15/16a 5k din rail
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 25a 7k din rail/wall mount

DC Breaker 125v/10-63a 3k
Midnight classic 150v/15a 7k
MidNite Solar Surge Protection Device MNSPD-300-AC 50k
MidNite Solar Surge Protection Device MNSPD-300-DC 50k

Watts meter DC 6-100V/100A 9K
Watts meter AC 220V/100A 6k

ATS 220V/63A single phase 16k
ATS 220V/100A three phase 45k

Solar water heater 100L-200L stainless steel with AC function and water level call for price
DC/AC CEILING FAN 56' 12V/30W, REGULATOR, REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED 25k

Now in stock smart socket with timer function 13a 8k (Internet must be used) you can switch off your device from anywhere in the world. Compatible with android os

080-987-337-09

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (1690) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.