Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2064931 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) ... (1695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2021
earthrealm:

I disagree, the internal resistance of a 2v 1000ah battery would be massive.

Imagine using a 0.5hp sumo pump to fill a 100,000 liter community water tank.... Do you think that pump will last 6months?

There is what is called FAIR USAGE POLICY grin

I guess you've said it better than my rpm example grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2021
earthrealm:

Am beggining to think, this deal still wouldnt fly again.unless we move fast. Most big suppliers are gradually closing shop /not accepting new orders as the chinese new year holiday comes close.

My fear is, the batteries not being able to leave china before the shutdown happens, and the batts get to sit till march.

Supplier says he can ship out asap, as soon as he receives payment, however the window is fast closing,

Will take the remaining 16 oya let's move this forward
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
mank1234:

Two hours can never charge a lead-acid battery enough.
If you set your charging current too high to refill the battery in time, you'll kill it.
If you set it at optimum charging current, it won't even be half filled.
Follow my signature to learn more on the basics of inverter and battery technology. Information is key
I was stating how people use inverters generally, that was how I used it from the beginning.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
ojeysky:

I guess you've said it better than my rpm example grin
Too much exaggeration sir.

We do not v 24hr supply in 9ja,hence there must a break during each charge. Hence can't still be compared. By the way, order factors can pack up a charge. There are chargers that charges for several hours without going hot or warm. Charger pass charger. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
Lovelynife:
Good afternoon. please anyone with a fairly used but very good and okay pure sine wave inverter(12v 1kv-1.7kva) for sale within minimum of 15k- 40k maximum should quote me. Thanks in anticipation
I have Whatsapp me sir I have 1.2kva
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:39am On Jan 13, 2021
adrusa:

I will like to take 16 pieces, please. Thanks

Skyhigh0455 at yahoo dot com is my email address.
Interested peeps should send mail with phone nos, so we can hv a telegram or whatsapp group.

Time is of the essence.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 8:07am On Jan 13, 2021
Lmao. No o. Na the capacity wey the person just acquire dey trip me ni. Opor ke. Opor pa.
ojeysky:

I think it's too much as well, make all of us wey dey advertise take ham easy o and I have included myself before someone remind me of that grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 8:13am On Jan 13, 2021
Ah. Sorry for causing confusion o. Na the amount of batteries the person buy dey bust my brain ni. Inside this kain season wey pocket dey disguise.

omotoda:

I think the advert for sale once on a while isn't bad.It keeps people informed of prices and products available.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 10:51am On Jan 13, 2021
earthrealm:

Skyhigh0455 at yahoo dot com is my email address.
Interested peeps should send mail with phone nos, so we can hv a telegram or whatsapp group.

Time is of the essence.

Mail sent
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda2: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
Experts,please is 20 amp charging current sufficient for 4 units of 200ah battery connected 2s2p to a 24volts inverter?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
Anyone interested in this neatly used 3kva 24v hybrid ispirit mercury inverter should reachout. Seller wants to sell for 100k and that price is firm
Edit: No longer selling

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
omotoda2:
Experts,please is 20 amp charging current sufficient for 4 units of 200ah battery connected 2s2p to a 24volts inverter?

No. Increase it to about 50amps or more.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
Gud afternoon house.....is there away to buy something in dollars on aliexpress that is beyond $500. I discovered there is dollar limit restriction. And does anyone know someone that does China shipping into the country.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda2: 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
eleojo23:

No. Increase it to about 50amps or more.

But most Indian inverters of 48v battery rating do not exceed 21amps charging current.The likes of Luminous.

What if it is supported with solar charging?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
omotoda2:

But most Indian inverters of 48v battery rating do not exceed 21amps charging current.The likes of Luminous.

I thought you said 2s2p.. hence its a 24v inverter.
Most chinese 48v inverter apart from some hybrids do 35amps max, should be fairly ok for a 2s2p, as 40amps to 50amps is the happy spot for a 2s2p 12v 200ah bank
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2021
Peterlove11:
Gud afternoon house.....is there away to buy something in dollars on aliexpress that is beyond $500. I discovered there is dollar limit restriction. And does anyone know someone that does China shipping into the country.
I just faced this issue today. Called up to three banks (FBN, GT, Zenith) and they all said the limit is $100.

I had to reduce the quantity of my items to less than $100 and used Firstbank charged me around N427/$1 from.my calculation. I'll wait for the statement.

I would have used GT but I have used up almost the 100USD for this month, at least they charged $414 yesterday up from $395 two weeks ago which is still better than Fistbank's rate.

The only way out of the restriction that GTbank CCrep told me is to get a dollar card at 1k and $30 opening balance with a $10 yearly maintainance fee. Then you go and look for where to buy physical dollar ($) to deposit in the account.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2021
omotoda2:

Yes, support with solar charging or get an external charger.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2021
omotoda2:

Name of chsrger?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
Try AliExpress "pocket".

I am not sure it still works though, I tried to use it on the app now and it was unavailable. Try to access it from the website using a desktop PC and see.
Peterlove11:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
Fangpusun flex max 80a 155k
Fangpusun flex max 60a 135k
Fangpusun blue solar 30-70a 38k for 30a, 48k for 50a, 110k 60a, 120k for 70a
Xtm 3.5kw/48v 460k
Available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda2: 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2021
For those using LiFePO4 batteries,I have been doing my research on the battery as I am seriously considering migrating to it.If the bank has an inbuilt BMS,is there still any need to preset charging voltage on a charge controller if charging via solar? For the customised banks with BMS ,is it just plug and play or there are still monitoring to be done by the user

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
It's like ups is becoming yruns o....they have just given me a 80k bill as custom charges for my incoming Deye inverter. An item that weigh 36kg. I beg has anyone experienced this extortion from UPS and is there a way to address this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
eleojo23:

I just faced this issue today. Called up to three banks (FBN, GT, Zenith) and they all said the limit is $100.

I had to reduce the quantity of my items to less than $100 and used Firstbank charged me around N427/$1 from.my calculation. I'll wait for the statement.

I would have used GT but I have used up almost the 100USD for this month, at least they charged $414 yesterday up from $395 two weeks ago which is still better than Fistbank's rate.

The only way out of the restriction that GTbank CCrep told me is to get a dollar card at 1k and $30 opening balance with a $10 yearly maintainance fee. Then you go and look for where to buy physical dollar ($) to deposit in the account.
That mean it won't be possible to buy online for now. Does anyone has experience with felicity hybrid inverter. How reliable is it. Am considering one urgently. Can someone recommend it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2021
Peterlove11:

You can chat up the seller explaining your predicament. Then request if he can split the money into 5 different payments of 100 USD each. Some of them have item links in their store that costs 1 USD. They will give you the link and ask you to pay for 100 pieces of the item (100usd)

Then get 5 trusted persons (friends or family members) with GTB or Zenith bank card (the two banks that have their monthly limit set at 100 usd and fairly reasonable exchange rate) and use the cards with each 100 USD payment.

I think UBA and First bank still have 500 USD as monthly limit, but their exchange rate is killing, literally
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
ojeysky:
It's like ups is becoming yruns o....they have just given me a 80k bill as custom charges for my incoming Deye inverter. An item that weigh 36kg. I beg has anyone experienced this extortion from UPS and is there a way to address this?

Oouch, after paying the hefty shipping bill.
Wait o.. seems you bought 3 units .. 36kg cant be for 1 unit.

Contest it, they will request for original invoice from supplier, so as to properly cost it...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
earthrealm:

Oouch, after paying the hefty shipping bill.
Wait o.. seems you bought 3 units .. 36kg cant be for 1 unit.

Contest it, they will request for original invoice from supplier, so as to properly cost it...

That's the weight of a 8kw Deye grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2021
Peterlove11:
That mean it won't be possible to buy online for now. Does anyone[b] has experience with felicity hybrid inverter. [/b]How reliable is it. Am considering one urgently. Can someone recommend it

I have used it in the past as stop gap when my MPP had issues, it worked well and served me during the period
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2021
ceaser:

You can chat up the seller explaining your predicament. Then request if he can split the money into 5 different payments of 100 USD each. Some of them have item links in their store that costs 1 USD. They will give you the link and ask you to pay for 100 pieces of the item (100usd)

Then get 5 trusted persons (friends or family members) with GTB or Zenith bank card (the two banks that have their monthly limit set at 100 usd and fairly reasonable exchange rate) and use the cards with each 100 USD payment.

I think UBA and First bank still have 500 USD as monthly limit, but their exchange rate is killing, literally

Firstbank ccrep told me it's $100 today.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 3:01am On Jan 14, 2021
omotoda2:
You need at 40A charging Amps

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 3:18am On Jan 14, 2021
omotoda2:
For those using LiFePO4 batteries,I have been doing my research on the battery as I am seriously considering migrating to it.If the bank has an inbuilt BMS,is there still any need to preset charging voltage on a charge controller if charging via solar? For the customised banks with BMS ,is it just plug and play or there are still monitoring to be done by the user

(1) (2) (3) ... (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) ... (1695) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: damilonya(m), Dharyhor, hollaryincar(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.