Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation (37114 Views)

Diri Duoye Gets Certificate Of Return From INEC / Diri Duoye Celebrating After Supreme Court Victory (Photos) / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by DamiBukola: 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
As wife petitions Dogara over incessant harrassment from security agencies

ABUJA-TW0 Members of the House of Representatives, Mr Diri Duoye and Ms Boma Goodhead both from Bayelsa and Rivers respectively on Thursday threatened to beat up Mr Razak Atunwa over his invitation to former President Goodluck Jonathan to explain his alleged role in the OPL 245 Malabu Oil deal.

This is just as his wife, Dame Patience Jonathan petitions Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara asking that security agencies should stop harrassing her.

Rep Diri Duoye apparently disturbed as the direct representative of the former Number One citizen could not contain himself any longer at the end of a public hearing sent a warning signal to Atunwa that he should be ready for a showdown.

Duoye confronted his colleagues,saying why on “earth should he summon a former president to testify can such an invitation be extended to former president Obasanjo,he wondered aloud.

But another lawmaker from South West(name witheld) countered him saying that”there’s a window to it let’s see how it plays out.

Responding and shaking his head,Duoye said”I don’t think I can restrain myself from not beating him up which window are you talking about and where is it done that a former president is being ridiculed like this.

Rep Goodhead in anger also declared that”is it because it’s Jonathan and he remains a gentleman that he is.

All attempts to calm down the Bayelsa lawmaker were rebuffed as he called on his colleague”Boma please let us leave this place and see what is happening in Plenary.

Most of the lawmakers prsent at the hearing condemed the move made by the adhoc committee investigating the Malabu oil deal scam.

Also on Thursday,Dame Patience Jonnathan has asked the House of Representatives to call the security agencies to order as she can no longer bear the incessant harrassment from them any longer.

Gogo Bright, a lawmaker from Rivers state, presented the petition to the house on Thursday.

Bright, while presenting the report, said because of the sacrifices her husband has done for the country, the House should wade into the matter and call the security agencies to order.

The lawmaker said no former first lady has been harassed like this before.

“No former first lady has been harassed like this before,” Bright said.

“But for the sacrifices that her husband has made for the country, the House should consider and call the security agencies to order.”

The petition comes a day after an ad hoc committee of the House invited her husband to explain his role in the contentious Malabu oil deal.

On December 7, 2016, the House received a similar complaint from the former first lady.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/2-south-south-reps-threaten-beat-atunwa-jonathans-invitation/amp/

Pix 1: Diri Duoye

Pix 2: Atunwa

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by ojun50(m): 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
Make them beat them self na 2day them dey fight

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by 989900: 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Obasanjo was invited in 2008 and 2011, he actually expressed willingness to defend himself, let GEJ go and clear his name . . . Duoye obviously shared in the loot.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by DamiBukola: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
989900:
Obasanjo was invited in 2008 and 2011, he actually expressed willingness to defend himself, let GEJ go and clear his name . . . Duoye obviously shared in the loot.
Douye will beat him blue and black, let us see if you will go and fight him

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by 989900: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
DamiBukola:
Douye will beat him blue and black, let us see if you will go and fight him

Sense fall on you.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by Amiano(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
I hope NDA will nt start blowing pipelines 2moro in retaliation of this invitation

8 Likes

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by doublewisdom: 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
Atunwa is a compound 1diot.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by OAUTemitayo: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
doublewisdom:
Atunwa is a compound 1diot.
While you are what?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by ImadeUReadThis: 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
989900:

Bloody Liar

Obasanjo never attended any summons by NASS just as that your bastard fulani goat has never respected any summons either

192 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by SexyCrixus25(m): 11:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
Nawao!
Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by 989900: 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Bloody Liar

Obasanjo never attended any summons by NASS just as that your bastard fulani goat has never respected any summons either

OBJ appeared before Oputa panel as President, was summoned by house of reps in 2008, was summoned in 2011 by the Senate.

Not an anomaly to summon a past president.

By Kehinde Akinyemi
Abeokuta — Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo today [August 18, 2011] expressed expressed his willingness to appear before the Senate panel on Privatization.

He was responding to the series of allegations leveled against him by his former colleague, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida over his performance in office, and those of fomer Director-General of the BPE and minister of FCT, Malam Nasir El-Rufai.

Don't be an emotionally challenged ret@rd.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by Blackfire(m): 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Mumus fighting for politicians .

Tufiakwa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by kocvalour(m): 2:42am On Jul 07, 2017
waiting for the fight

mumu country
Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by tomakint: 2:51am On Jul 07, 2017
989900:

OBJ appeared before Oputa panel as President, was summoned by house of reps in 2008, was summoned in 2011 by the Senate.

Nigga the question the other guy was trying to bring to your face is very simple, "Did Obasanjo honour those invitations by the House?" Forget the Oputa Panel drama, IBB and Buhari were invited and never honoured the invitations. Correct me if I am wrong.

126 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by Danzakidakura(m): 2:53am On Jul 07, 2017
i am learning one day I will become Nigeria president ,I will exhume Buhari carcass and still sentence him to death .

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by ImadeUReadThis: 2:55am On Jul 07, 2017
989900:

Obasanjo attended Oputa panel to complain about how mustapha flogged him.

After leaving office, Obasanjo was invited by the Senate over funds disbursed for power projects. He never appeared.

Way back in 1980, he and Buhari were invited by the Saraki led panel to explain missing oil money and he and his minister of petroleum never attended the public inquiry.

Stop distorting facts

Afonja

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by 989900: 6:40am On Jul 07, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Obasanjo attended Oputa panel to complain about how mustapha flogged him.

After leaving office, Obasanjo was invited by the Senate over funds disbursed for power projects. He never appeared.

Way back in 1980, he and Buhari were invited by the Saraki led panel to explain missing oil money and he and his minister of petroleum never attended the public inquiry.

Stop distorting facts

Afonja

You don't even get the 'facts', how can it appear distorted?

Fact1: OBJ was summoned by both houses, so your GEJ is not the first to be so summoned.

Fact2: OBJ never hesitated nor felt demeaned by being summoned, actually expressed willingness to appear [/b]to clear his name (guilty or not, eventually did appear or not).

[b]Fact3
: Non of his kinsmen were threatening thunder and hailstorm and disturbing the peace about his summon, we actually wanted him summoned and prosecuted (difference between the Yorubas and other tribes: we don't condone criminality -- kinship or not).

Stereotyping ain't my thing, but this is glaringly obvious.

Thanks for your time.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by Ibifizzleboy(m): 6:42am On Jul 07, 2017
I need to join the beating league na
Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 07, 2017
Most times in Nigeria... silence is seen as weak.

same way they all think tinubu is weak just because he has been quiet..
Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by chymes0359(m): 6:46am On Jul 07, 2017

I don't care to read again, after reading the thread caption..
Lolz..
This what happens when we have Rough as the state men's..

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by sammieguze(m): 6:52am On Jul 07, 2017
Proverbs 28:1 (ASV)The wicked flee when no man pursueth; But the righteous are bold as a lion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by chymes0359(m): 6:54am On Jul 07, 2017
989900:

(difference between the Yorubas and other tribes: we don't condone criminality -- kinship or not)
[/i]
So obasanjo is now a saint that don't condone criminality? And him no appear when he was sermoned don't know your difference between the guy up there..
But this your reply weak me..
What are you trying to say sir..

29 Likes

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by 989900: 6:56am On Jul 07, 2017
chymes0359:

So obasanjo is now a saint that don't condone criminality? And him no appear when he was sermoned don't know your difference between the guy up there..
But this your reply weak me..
What are you trying to say sir..

kindly read again -- you're good, just some little comprehension issues you've got.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by chymes0359(m): 7:14am On Jul 07, 2017

There is nothing on read again coz you got me clearly..
Na other tribe dey condone criminality abi?

(difference between the Yorubas and other tribes: we don't condone criminality -- kinship or not).
989900:

kindly read again -- you're good, just some little comprehension issues you've got.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by tesppidd: 7:20am On Jul 07, 2017
These Jonathan assssss lickers here are just playing to the gallery. The poster above only said obasanjo was equally summoned, he didn't say that obasanjo ever appeared before the house. What he's trying to portray is that Jonathan isn't the first ex to be summoned so no one should be calling it a humiliaton or threatening to beat up anybody. Jonathan might as well decline the invitation.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by ImadeUReadThis: 7:32am On Jul 07, 2017
[s]
989900:

You don't even get the 'facts', how can it appear distorted?

Fact1: OBJ was summoned by both houses, so your GEJ is not the first to be so summoned.

Fact2: OBJ never hesitated nor felt demeaned by being summoned, actually expressed willingness to appear [/b]to clear his name (guilty or not, eventually did appear or not).

[b]Fact3
: Non of his kinsmen were threatening thunder and hailstorm and disturbing the peace about his summon, we actually wanted him summoned and prosecuted (difference between the Yorubas and other tribes: we don't condone criminality -- kinship or not).

Stereotyping ain't my thing, but this is glaringly obvious.

Thanks for your time.
[/s]

Other than the Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel which wasn't a probe but an atmosphere to vent one"s frustration over a past military brutality, Obasanjo has never honoured any of the invitations by the National Assembly panel.

If I am wrong then give us one credible source from news archives showing where obasanjo honored a congressional probe panel

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by 989900: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:
[s][/s]

Other than the Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel which wasn't a probe but an atmosphere to vent one"s frustration over a past military brutality, Obasanjo has never honoured any of the invitations by the National Assembly panel.

If I am wrong then give us one credible source from news archives showing where obasanjo honored a congressional probe panel

Stop missing the point, I highlighted my 3 points already, work with that. If you need it translated into a convenient language, indicate such.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by jericco1(m): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Political thugs.

2 Likes

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2017
A true Niger delta born. That bastard yo riba man, thunder fire you ooo. GEJ na ur papa mate Idiot

27 Likes

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by omoiyalayi(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2017
What is wrong in jona coming to defend himself if he has nothing to fear his minister had already said he (jona) gave order to do all they did so if he had acted in nigeria interest why will he nt come & tell us

If we say former president cannot be question over what they did while in office then we re setting a bad precedent in dis country

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 7:49am On Jul 07, 2017
omoiyalayi:
What is wrong in jona coming to defend himself if he has nothing to fear his minister had already said he (jona) gave order to do all they did so if he had acted in nigeria interest why will he nt come & tell us

If we say former president cannot be question over what they did while in office then we re setting a bad precedent in dis country
go and bring ur chipazen brother obj first before u talk abt GEJ

36 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of IBE Kachukwu In Arabian Attire / Stampede For Governor Tambuwal’s Cash In Sokoto: One Dies, 3 Others Injured / You’re A Disappointment – Oba Of Benin Tackles Buhari’s Minister, Agba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.