Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Am I Being Overambitious? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Being Overambitious? (556 Views)

Dropping Psychology For Nursing. Am I Making The Right Choice? / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am I Being Overambitious? by engrrichie92(m): 12:44am On Jul 07, 2017
Please pardon my long talk, i just needed to be comprehensive enough in my explanation so that you can advise accordingly

"your blood too dey rush oga, calm down small and be grateful for what you have"..my friend said

That word kept on ringing in my head that i couldnt help but ask myself, is having a drive to achieve more tantamount to
lack of gratitude and discontentment really?

This was a product of the conversation i had with one of my friends as we were talking about our plans for the future and all
when i mentioned that i still have 3 exams(certifications) more to go for this year(done two already) and that once i clock two years next year feb in my present Job; i have to move up
Moving up to me means either of the following; either i get promoted in my present organization(which looks very slim considering how the organization is structured, one needs at least 4 years) or as soon as im done with all my certs for the year, i repackage my CV and start sending them out in view of landing a better offer both in terms of pay package and experience, if any of this dosent happen, i set out for my masters and PHD abroad (academics and lecturing has always been my true love anyways)

Now the issue is this my friend(as well as some others) feel im being too ambitious for comfort and lack contentment;they feel im very lucky to have gotten the Job at my age and should not even be contemplating leaving the organization at least for the next 4-5years
The Job pays over 200k and experience is relatively okay. I agree i may be lucky to get the Job when i did but then should i continue to feel lucky and ignore my burning desire for greatness?(Even the salary is getting smaller and smaller by the month, all thanks to recession and inflation)
Besides, im still single and i feel the time to develop oneself mentally and financially is now before the pressure of marriage and children will set in when you cant even change a TV station like a friend would say;

So please advise me guys, because this is not the first time im receiving such comments and definitely not the first person
It just got me wondering, am i really over-ambitious because that would be dangerous
will clock 25 this July by the way

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Overambitious? by Antina(f): 1:32am On Jul 07, 2017
There is nothing like over ambitious, for all I know this is the best time to achieve all those u listed.

When next you have a change of plan or any other things to add up to to what you are to achieve, please don't tell them again, cos whatever they utter might be weighing you down.

Pray along with ur plan, the sky is your stepping stone.
Re: Am I Being Overambitious? by Emmaesty(f): 5:50am On Jul 07, 2017
You sha want to leave the bank once the "2 year bond" expires.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone That Want To Sell Sewing Machine Should Pls Contact Me Urgently / Epp Me / freelance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.