Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695472 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by eazyfocus: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good day everyone, please i will like to know if Potomac university is worth going for. I have Google them, got some information but not really satisfied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Wndy842003: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Fenix:

I'm sure it will. The fact that the passport was held back is apparently a good sign from all that I have read. It is just a matter of time. How much time is the issue. Do you have a deadline you have to meet?

School resumes 9th of august. Want to travel next month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wndy842003:

School resumes 9th of august. Want to travel next month

So school has already resumed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Banks normally stamp to show you have been given PTA. Its per quarter, so you wont collect twice in a quarter. The stamp is the evidence

ovieigho:
boss yeah you are right ,he said I won't be able to get another one till after 4month . The stamping is what I don't understand..make Dem no go deface my Visa with stamp oo...lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mathewakin123: 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Walspring:

You are granted admission for fall semester but fall semester already started in most schools in US
yes firstly I applied for fall 2017 but the school said they their admission is close so dey defer me too spring 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
The focus has been on your school.
Check byu in gradcafe dot com and see what your department peeps are saying about it. Then you should know why you didnt pick the other schools.

Emmyirab:

grin grin... Actually, I paid immediately I left the consulate. Before I was even told to wait.

Haven't scheduled sha. Will do that next week.
smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
Brian10:

Please, do you by chance have his personal contact? It's very urgent
just cc him..

Uncle texrem please epp this bros
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
OGreene:
The focus has been on your school.
Check byu in gradcafe dot com and see what your department peeps are saying about it. Then you should know why you didnt pick the other schools.

Hello sir, I'm going for my undergraduates studies o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
Is there any student living in Buffalo, NY or anyone who knows someone living in Buffalo, NY.

SUNY area, Elmwood village or Allentown precisely.

I need to secure an apartment and won't mind sharing for the first 4 months.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
eazyfocus:
Good day everyone, please i will like to know if Potomac university is worth going for. I have Google them, got some information but not really satisfied.

Its the best school in the USA. #FACT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Its the best school in the USA. #FACT

LOL!! Why are you people so wicked?? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by eazyfocus: 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
Fenix:

LOL!! Why are you people so wicked?? cheesy

please can you share information you know about the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jeromebnk: 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
pls who knows how much community colleges in Maryland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 6:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
eazyfocus:

please can you share information you know about the school?

I don't know anything about the school, sir. You can use Google and search for the information you need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Wndy842003: 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
[quote author=Fenix post=59569170]

So school has already resumed? [/quotoe]
Sorry. School resumes 9th of october. Made a typo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
For those seeking information about one school or the other, here is what I have to beg you to do... Google!

Many people want to be spoon fed everything but you really are not doing yourself a favor if you don't do your search. When you've done a thorough search and review of the schools you want to attend, questions asked by the visa officers such as "Why did you pick this school" or "What makes this school special" or "How did you find out about this school" will not be challenging in anyway. After doing a thorough search, you'll be able to comfortably talk about why you want to study your chosen course and why you chose the school you chose.

Of course people here can help, but you must do the bulk of the work for yourself or you'll go to the embassy ill prepared and bomb the interview.

God bless!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
quote author=obiagbaoso post=59556895]Hey Guys,any current or prospective UIS and MSU student should please signify.... I mean University of Illinois Springfield and Morgan State university [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tomisinobm(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
ovieigho:
boss yeah you are right ,he said I won't be able to get another one till after 4month . The stamping is what I don't understand..make Dem no go deface my Visa with stamp oo...lol

It's not new. They stamp your passport if you're buying pta.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mathewakin123: 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Walspring:

You are granted admission for fall semester but fall semester already started in most schools in US

i was defer to spring 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
good evening good people of this forum, can visa be granted on post graduate certificate for US study visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Songitto(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hi everyone, Please is anybody just flew with Emirate airline; however, i want to know if anyone here have any experience about this airline as a student; thanks and God bless you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folakemmmi(f): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
Please who knows any cheap renter insurance one can use in the US that allows you to add your apartment company as an interested party? my brother needs one, cheapest we have seen so far is $145/annun. Please help Lagosismyhome, imperioux, biikeys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
smithsydny:
just cc him..

Uncle texrem please epp this bros

He's not replying!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
texrem:

He's not replying!
maybe he is not online now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyfes: 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
Fenix:
Visa finally out of administrative processing and APPROVED!!

Praise God. It has been a harrowing 3 days.

I'd really like to thank NL for the fantastic information and support I have received over this whole visa application process.

Cambridge, Massachusetts, here we come!!!
please share your testimony.... Am interested in it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by skido04: 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Walspring:
Discounted promo offer for GRE and TOEFL is out again for just 10 people. 10 applicants will pay 50% while some poeple on this thread paying 50% but they don't want me to mention their names.

I will post further info and requirement later and if you are interested send me pm.

God bless the good people behind this. Amen

I already sent you a PM, I'm interested. please I need this, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Femmyfes:
please share your testimony.... Am interested in it

Well...

I've shared it several times on this forum. But I'll give you an abridged version.

Went for my F-1 visa interview August 11 and I was extremely nervous. My heart was almost jumping out of my chest as I got nearer and nearer to the interview window.

I was nervous because 9 years ago I was under a work visa in the U.S. However I lost my job and overstayed in the U.S by about 6 months. I was very worried that this would be a real problem.

I get to the interview window and the lady takes my passport and I-20. She looks at my I-20 and asks me what I am here for. I tell her I am applying for a visa to study at my university. She asks me to explain how it will be financed and I explain to her that, as shown on the i-20, it is partly funded via scholarships. She looks confused and I ask her if she would like me to give her a breakdown of the financial aid which was provided by my school.

She gives me permission and I hand it over to her. She looks at it and types away for a while. She asks me who will fund the rest. I tell her my mom. She nods and types away.

She then asks me that she noticed I had an H1b visa but my passport doesn't have the stamp. I explain that I never bothered leaving the country to have the visa stamped. She still looks confused and I ask her if she would like to see my other passports. She says she would and I hand them to her. She looks through, types for a while again.

She then hands over my i-20 and old passports and tells me that she is going to hold on to my current passport while she verifies a few things. She hands me the white sheet and tells me I am in administrative processing. I am confused and ask how long. She says a week or less. I as her if there is any additional thing she would like me to explain. She says no and says that I will be contacted.

I leave the embassy with mixed feelings.

For the next 3 days I keep checking my status and it just says AP. I check again yesterday and it says "Issued".

I quickly Google what that means and on the webpage of the U.S embassy, it says it means the visa has been approved. I am ecstatic.

Today I get an email that the passport has been mailed and is ready to be picked up. I am further ecstatic.

The End.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by acadollar(m): 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
I have naira, who can give me dollars here in US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by acadollar(m): 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Walspring:
Discounted promo offer for GRE and TOEFL is out again for just 10 people. 10 applicants will pay 50% while some poeple on this thread paying 50% but they don't want me to mention their names.

I will post further info and requirement later and if you are interested send me pm.

God bless the good people behind this. Amen

My younger bro is interested
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ovieigho(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
OGreene:
Banks normally stamp to show you have been given PTA. Its per quarter, so you wont collect twice in a quarter. The stamp is the evidence

thanks, one more question pls, is the yellow fever vaccination/ yellow card compulsory before boarding?
No vex for me o...time is near ni...
Cc: tomisinobm, walspring, Lagosismyhome....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
ovieigho:
thanks, one more question pls, is the yellow fever vaccination/ yellow card compulsory before boarding?
No vex for me o...time is near ni...
Cc: tomisinobm, walspring, Lagosismyhome....

Yellow fever does not apply to US. They dont ask or need it. I think it used for some destination in africa

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ovieigho(m): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Yellow fever does not apply to US. They dont ask or need it. I think it used for some destination in africa
thank you so much! My paddy has gone to pay 3k# .I will stick with your advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.