Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698031 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
happney65:

Wale is a good guy...My day one nigga..I dey owe am one babe.. grin grin

Hahahahaha. You no go kill me even when you sabi say I no dey do babe gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
Senorita123:

Kindly check your pm. Thanks. Pls u didn't send to me. Tomisinakinbo@gmail.com

I replied your pm. Check your junk or spam and see if my reply went there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
sakalisis:

I will like to partake in the discount for GRE.. I send a PM to you but no reply yet

I got your pm and I replied. Check your junk or spam and see if my reply went there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
helpyom:

@walspring in the name of God bro please help me am intrested in the discount I have the money available let me not loose this opportunity please help a sister who has been struggling check my threads on nairaland please bro.

Please be aware that only God can help us ooo. Check you email because I replied your pm since.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
sobastical:

Two sittings? I don't think so. .. Well
cc walspring

It's very hard to see and rare. But so far they don't and I don't know of any.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
atteeyah16:
My cousin and I benefited from the ongoing tests registration discount initiative, thanks to the drivers of the idea and the coordinator. Really appreciate the gesture.

To God be the glory.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mjksho(m): 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
toluene1234:
Hello gurus, please is it possible to get funding with cgpa 2.97 of 5.0 and good GRE in the U.S?
Please advise on wat one can do to get funding with cgpa 2.97 of 5.0.

Thanks.
Cc: Walspring, lagosismyhome and others especially who enjoyed funding to study in the U.S.

A lot of schools will require that you have a 3.0/4 and that's equivalent to something in the region of 3.2/5. So 2.97/5 means you fall short in that category. But the beauty of the US is that admissions are not only based on GP. Prepare for GRE and score very high. Then mail professors in the schools you want to apply to about their research Areas and how you can work in that. If they have funding, they will let you know. It wont be easy. You will get rejections along the way but if you are sufficiently motivated, something good will come your way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
Walspring:

It's very hard to see and rare. But so far they don't and I don't know of any.
I thought as much too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by raptorakhigbe: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello pls I have been trying to pay visa fee for three days now,when ever I go to the bank they say the link is down...gt bank ,getting frustrated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by raptorakhigbe: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello ,pls I have been trying to pay my visa fee but when ever I visit d bank they say the link is down..gt bank..am getting frustrated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Senorita123(f): 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
Walspring:

I replied your pm. Check your junk or spam and see if my reply went there.
OK... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Moshood0090: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
is the discount on Toefl still on?? is there any on GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by herrlicher: 8:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
Yes oo...amen. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by herrlicher: 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
Thanks for your comfort sir. Amen.
Will relax my mind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Djpunpin: 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
HI guys. I really admire your efforts by standing as ladders people climb to success in life. You guys are truly your brother's keeper. I transfered from MSUM, moorhead to MCTC, minneapolis for the present fall. The problem am having is the mandatory United health insurance of the state which cosT 1400+ for the year. I want to ask from guru in the house, current or past minnesota state student that can educate me on how to avoid it by going for a cheaper insurance. I will really appreciate your response on this issue. Thank you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
Djpunpin:
HI guys. I really admire your efforts by standing as ladders people climb to success in life. You guys are truly your brother's keeper. I transfered from MSUM, moorhead to MCTC, minneapolis for the present fall. The problem am having is the mandatory United health insurance of the state which cosT 1400+ for the year. I want to ask from guru in the house, current or past minnesota state student that can educate me on how to avoid it by going for a cheaper insurance. I will really appreciate your response on this issue. Thank you all

$1400 might sound expensive but if its one year then that even better. Some schools charge that per semester

Firstly find out if the school accepts outside their provider insurance....if no then there little you can do . If you select your school from the link below it should tell u if ur school accepts or not

If yes . Then find out what the mandatory requirement that the insurance must cover. Then note that requirement and check here . Ensuring the quote you pull has those requirements..... if its a lot cheaper then ask the school if its okay for you to go with it. Hopefully you get it way cheaper

http://www.InternationalStudentInsurance.com.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2017
slimmy2005:
chegg or you can get cheap ones at betterworldbooks or download soft copy at books.en

The Nigerian style.

Rent- you have 2weeks to return and get full refund. When you get it either scan or photocopy and use. Note: it is illegal to scan or make copies of copyrighted materials. This usually happen if you decide to report yourself
Thanks boss.. I will call you later tonight to explain somethings to you. Abeg no vex for me boss..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2017
Djpunpin:

$1400 insurance premiums/year comes to about $100/month. You won't get anything cheaper... you're already as cheap as you can get. It's cheap because you're getting it through the school (group coverage). If you went out on your own, it would be far more expensive especially since the days of cheap catastrophic health insurance are well and truly over.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
raptorakhigbe:
Hello ,pls I have been trying to pay my visa fee but when ever I visit d bank they say the link is down..gt bank..am getting frustrated

You can make the payment yourself if you have your gtbank online banking with token and you save the receipt and print it out from you laptop.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
hi, please i want to do course by course evaluation, aside wes or ece, which one is fast and reliable. The one that will begins evaluation immediately they receive my transcript. as a matter of urgency.

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by happney65: 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
Walspring:

Hahahahaha. You no go kill me even when you sabi say I no dey do babe gringringrin

I kuku saabi wetin i go do for you.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Djpunpin: 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
@lagosismyhome and @Twoods. I really appreciate your advice. I will stick with united health and hope for the best. Three gbosa for you guys. Gbosa gbosa gbosa. Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by patomaniac: 11:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
Good day all,
I'm new at the same time not new, had to take my time to go through all 100+pages (phew!). I have some questions and would be glad if anyone could be of help.

First of all I noticed we have more of science students here especially engineers .haba
Please I'm looking for anyone in the social science field, most especially economics.

I'm a graduate of economics and I want to switch to agricultural economics , I want to know if agricultural economics is seen as a STEM course (I know it's a science course and not a social science course). And will like to know what re the funding opportunities in that field.

If anyone knows any other course of institution with good funding that an economist can switch to with ease please kindly suggest here. (buh I'm still bent on agricultural economics).

Lastly, I'm looking for study partners in Uyo or calabar (Uyo is preferred, because that's where I am serving). Kindly pm me

Thanks. Apologies for my blunders and silly questions or requests.

#TeamFall2018.

Cc: lagosismyhome, twoods
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 12:30am On Aug 25, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Two setting is not a criteria for admission.

One important criteria is that you sit your butt down and use google

grin You are hilariously weird AfonjaBoston grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 12:46am On Aug 25, 2017
patomaniac:
Good day all,
I'm new at the same time not new, had to take my time to go through all 100+pages (phew!). I have some questions and would be glad if anyone could be of help.

First of all I noticed we have more of science students here especially engineers .haba
Please I'm looking for anyone in the social science field, most especially economics.

I'm a graduate of economics and I want to switch to agricultural economics , I want to know if agricultural economics is seen as a STEM course (I know it's a science course and not a social science course). And will like to know what re the funding opportunities in that field.

If anyone knows any other course of institution with good funding that an economist can switch to with ease please kindly suggest here. (buh I'm still bent on agricultural economics).

Lastly, I'm looking for study partners in Uyo or calabar (Uyo is preferred, because that's where I am serving). Kindly pm me

Thanks. Apologies for my blunders and silly questions or requests.

#TeamFall2018.

Cc: lagosismyhome, twoods

You should be doing this work yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 12:48am On Aug 25, 2017
Femmyfes:
Good PM to the entire house... I'm currently following this site daily to know more about traveling experience, I have chosen to study Economics in the California state University east bay and my I 20 and admission Packages were available but my question goes does... Since my school is resuming on the 20th September and yet the agent doing the documents for me his yet to fill Ds-160 not to talk of booking appointment with the embassy. Please highlight and enlighten me more cause I'm confused as he keeps saying make I chill.

Be careful with this agent guy. There are a handful of sad agent stories on this thread. If he is not moving forward with your case, do what you need to do and sever yourself from him. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Chinewon88(m): 1:19am On Aug 25, 2017
Djpunpin:

Guy, there's no way around this health insurance fee for MN state universities and colleges. Every international student has to pay it and there's no alternative. I'm in Minneapolis in case you go like come buy me one bottle like Imperiouxx own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 3:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Djpunpin:
@lagosismyhome and @Twoods. I really appreciate your advice. I will stick with united health and hope for the best. Three gbosa for you guys. Gbosa gbosa gbosa. Thanks bro

Just as a side note...and not necessarily relating to just health insurance ,you don't have to settle for anything just because it's easier that way. Sometimes, especially in this environment, doing a little research, making a few calls can save you lots of money. Worst case, you fallback to your default plan!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Glocal1: 4:16am On Aug 25, 2017
Walspring:

You can make the payment yourself if you have your gtbank online banking with token and you save the receipt and print it out from you laptop.
I just got the GRE order confirmation in my mail. Thanks Walspring and the facilitators of the 50%bonus. I pray that God will replenish you all and may you never lack in Jesus' name. Please send me d bank account details asap bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 5:07am On Aug 25, 2017
ProfOjah1234:
Guys.. Where can someone get a used textbook at a cheaper rate. Seems amazon prices are killing...

This website gives you price comparison https://www.directtextbook.com/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:13am On Aug 25, 2017
Djpunpin:

I hope you checked the link before you made that decision.... because if you put MCTC there are two other much cheaper plan that the school accepts according to thst site
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:18am On Aug 25, 2017
ProfOjah1234:
Guys.. Where can someone get a used textbook at a cheaper rate. Seems amazon prices are killing...

I used amazon in my time but never new ...always bought used book. Kept it very well for that semester and sold it back used next semester.... in some cases i sold it for same or slightly higher than i got it...however in the ones that a new edition came out between that semester it crashed or made the version i bought unsellable so had one or two i couldnt sell

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.