Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697528 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:05am On Sep 03, 2017
Fenix:

My alma mater! Glad to see someone going there.

Great people go to Bison ...... wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2017
grin grin
imperiouxx:

Angelapinkytoes cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2017
Hello family. Someone should please help me with the link to SAT preparatory materials. I've been trying to find it but no luck. Thanks fam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 03, 2017
Baba Walspring I'm in a little problem now, someone was just telling me about you, can you please drop your whatsapp??
Walspring:

I don't know when embassy started international student tutorial and the last time I checked I am aware of EducationUSA and they don't give tutorial there but online talk about studying in US, what you need to know and how to apply etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Chibabe4Christ: 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
atrapon:
My e family I come again with another *great* *news*
I left naija on Friday 11th August 2017 with Qatar airways.
My bags were surprisingly untouched, unzipped and unchecked � at our own murtala Mohamed airport,unbelievable.
We boarded and left around 11:50 am for Doha. We got ourselves at Doha Qatar after 10 hours. Their food Nawa o,.
They lodged us for the night. Omor by 4am better Sun Don come out, by 8am we come fly from Doha dey go Ohare airport Chicago ,another 14 hours trip, OMG.
Fast forward to port of entry : fear everywhere as we say Ohare na the meanest Poe for USA, everybody carry Ds 160 dey memorize. As we come enter queue, I just set monitor one officer, he looked nice, na so iron enter him queue. As reach there na me d guy come dey advice me about d school, nice school and so on,, no question at all..... As my luggage arrive, I just put am for trolley dey bounce with confidence. To my greatest surprise I come see myself for outside airport, for the second time nobody opened my bag
Let somebody shout hallelujah!
My Egusi, ogbono, Abacha, stock fish, dry fish, Ose Cameroon, okpeyi , red oil, Maggi, etc are all intact
Shout another hallelujah!

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our God is great ooooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sospunky: 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ok Thank you for your opinion

[qquote author=slimmy2005 post=60072434] Take the 13. By right, he/she can go to school and return on his/her own without supervision. If you are hell bent on taking one of them. The public school system is free and they get on the bus as well free.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sospunky: 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
Point taken...
Thanks

ecoleco:

Initially, I tried to carry family with me all at the same time but later decided otherwise. I am grateful I did. Studies in the US can be rigorous.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sospunky: 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ok....so you'll advise me to go with any of them right?

LagosismyHome:

it will be very difficult to take care of 3 kids alone while studying . also based on their ages they cannt be left home alone and school scheduled can be hectic ...that been said i want to clarify one thing

A child in F2 status is allowed to attend up to highschool/secondary school level . meaning if you choose for an F2 dependent child or children to attend public school and for free that is fine and legally allowed .

i am sure about this as i have a couple of friends with kids
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by temi4fash(m): 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
biikeys:

Lottery system..yeah. Any amendment in the works would only seek to make it even more difficult to get a visa. A figure that would give you an idea is H1B applications declined by about 37k for the first time in recent years...main reason I advise people to go for job-ready courses if you plan to apply for H1B. The reality doesn't hit you until you're close to graduation.
And..PR in 3 years? Very few companies do that.

Hello Bro,

Can you clarify or give example of job ready courses??

Thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2017
happney65:

Ahahahahahahhahahaha..You dey remember OluMaintain..Even you pastor Wale..You Gbayi brother.. grin

Lol. Hahahaha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2017
To all those who sent me pm,i will reply you back today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2017
Alfred2000:

Please what is referred here as servis fee? Am a bit lost with that term

Its paid to US government department of homeland security. Indirectly a money you paid to them so that they can track you and your record. Its lasted for 365 days or 1 year from the day of confirmation

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
ecoleco:
I have 300k naira to exchange for dollars. If you have dollars you wish to exchange for naira, kindly PM me.

Thanks.

I got your pm and i have replied you...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2017
chingynas:
Thanks bro...Already paid for the application fee and submitted all requirements just waiting for response from school...

Let's give all the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
imperiouxx:

Angelapinkytoes cheesy

Flashback!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
zeezahbee:
does that name still exist tho ?

REMINISCENT cheesy

Lol... Where is the salah meat?
Abeg check your pm or tell my guy to send me pm and very urgent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
lizzycreations:
Baba Walspring I'm in a little problem now, someone was just telling me about you, can you please drop your whatsapp??

Boss send me pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
All pm replied and posting update for the forth coming discounted promo offer edition soon

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by etudiant: 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2017
TWoods:

Lagos business school.

stupid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Moshood0090: 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
2 things contributed to your failure

1. how did you hear about the school?
you could have said i searched extensively through google and directed me to sites like Usnews,Mastersportal,niche just to mention but few and narrowed it down based on Best college with Good value for my budgets

2. How are you going to support your family
My wife work is a NO NO NO... the salary scale of your wife is not enough to cater for her and supposedly 2-3 kids you can do better by saying we have a joint business like Farm Produce, Pure Water company or so so with proceeds more than enough to cover the everyday basic needs or even add lie join say ur old man covers the children school fees and she live in una house no be rented ones ..... u know how u go take sum all this up in 40 secs

Bro atleast u don get experience and experience they say in life is the best teacher...

Jjfat:
Hello,

I applied twice in the last two months for us student visa but was denied .

Below is the transcript firom first interview

The first interview :
Vo: which university are you planning attend?

Me: told him the name of the school (California Miramar)

Vo: how many schools did you apply to?

Me: two and I mentioned the name of the school.

Vo: how did you hear about the school:

Me: I have an acquaintance studying in the school.

Vo: do you have a previous graduate degree

Me: yes, MBA Marketing from a Nigerian university

Vo: why another MBA?

Me: my previous study has been in marketing but since I've worked all my life in the financial sector an MBA in Finance will aid my career growth and aspirations

Vo: how will you fund your education

Me: savings from my job and business that I do by the side

Vo: are you married?

Me: yes with kids

Vo: how will you take care of your family

Me: my wife works

Vo: I'm sorry you're not qualified for the visa at this time.

The second interview lasted less than two minutes.

I must however confess that the salary I indicated on DS-160 was far less that what I earn. I only indicated the monthly take home, I did not indicate my upfront, allowances and bonuses.

I am in the process of getting admission into another university, this time a public university.

Whaf are my chances.

Your advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Lukgaf(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
Please I want to write GRE, need simplest book I can read that call make me excel. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lukgaf:
Please I want to write GRE, need simplest book I can read that call make me excel. Thanks

If you use a "simple book", you'll be setting yourself up for a "simple score".
Use Manhattan's book series, they're very good.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ChristoBam: 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
Brian10:

You don't need a new visa. You just need an updated I-20 showing your start date for Fall 2018 so you won't have issues with CBP
Hope you noticed I said I'll be differing from spring to fall and not fall to spring semester. I'm sorry if I'm asking much questions but I saw something like the difference must not be more than five months and January to August is 8 months. That's why I'm here to ask the gurus on this thread but it seems most people don't know much about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gospelozy(f): 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
Everest1989:
If anyone is applying for University of Houston, Texas...please contact me through my signature let's rob mind together.
Hi Everest, I am too. Please do contact me,I beg

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gospelozy(f): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2017
Please house,come to my aid. How do I send pm to somebody? Don't really know how to.
Help please!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
Gospelozy:
Please house,come to my aid. How do I send pm to somebody? Don't really know how to.
Help please!!

Go to their profile by clicking on their 'username'

Click 'Send Email Message to ....'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 9:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
temi4fash:

Hello Bro,

Can you clarify or give example of job ready courses??

Thanks..

I posted a link a while ago about h1b and GC sponsorship statistics. Take a look and you'll have an idea
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gospelozy(f): 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2017
Osinachi1:

Go to their profile by clicking on their 'username'

Click 'Send Email Message to ....'
@Osinachi1, I tried sending you with my own words buh it wasn't going, they said something like "send message to osinachi since he is not on line" intact it's their message not mine. OK, please try & send me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lukgaf:

How about you don't read at all? grin You all want something without having to sacrifice for it at all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
TWoods:

How about you don't read at all? grin You all want something without having to sacrifice for it at all.

LoL. I don know say you go see this one.

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Abigalbee98(f): 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2017
imperiouxx:

Angelapinkytoes cheesy
aba imperiouxx baba....angelapinkytoes kee....just wanna know if anyone here goes there....I was sent a mail about d deadline which is so confusing... mean no harm..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Abigalbee98(f): 10:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
TWoods:

he own good.....me no even get time to read at all abi u fit help me read am.... na beg I dey beg u MR TWOODS.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.