Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697261 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 3:55am On Sep 09, 2017
Oyindayomi123:
Please house, I need help.......I booked an appointment before submitting my DS160 and now as am submitting my DS160 it is showing application error. Please how do I go about it. Please help me.

Email the embassy...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 3:57am On Sep 09, 2017
imperiouxx:

Still converting? undecided This is the first thing you need to stop doing once you started living in US. If you're the type that cut low, then get a $35 clipper and a mirror and start doing it yourself. It will save you $27 for every 2 weeks.

grin grin grin. I still do but I found that it's dying down gradually. It takes a while to stop. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oyindayomi123: 5:01am On Sep 09, 2017
I have actually resolved that by cancelling the scheduled appointment and refilled new DS160. After filling new DS160 the new DS160 ID was updated on the appointment. Then i choose new available date for interview. The DS160 ID must be updated on the appointment to avoid rejection due to irregularity.
Because the DS160 ID on DS160 confrimation must be the same as the DS160 ID on the appointment confirmation. Thanks boss.
ecoleco:

Email the embassy...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Glowrie22: 5:02am On Sep 09, 2017
whyqueu:
Hello famz, please anyone in ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY JONESBORO?? Anybody there?

PM teetea06. He's there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oyindayomi123: 5:04am On Sep 09, 2017
I dont know the state you are talking about but here in CA Berkeley to be precise, haircut is $8. Though if you no sharp them fit charge you for shaving $4 separate.
ProfOjah1234:
The cheapest price for haircut I've seen here is $25.. Mheen na to dey barb skodo remain o, then $25 will be spent once in every 4months for another skodo.. grin grin grin.. All these american girls no kuku send so far you're loyal to them unlike our naija babes..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 5:07am On Sep 09, 2017
Hope we don't have anybody here in Florida. Hurricane Irma is on the loose!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 5:14am On Sep 09, 2017
Oyindayomi123:
I have actually resolved that by cancelling the scheduled appointment and refilled new DS160. After filling new DS160 the new DS160 ID was updated on the appointment. Then i choose new available date for interview. The DS160 ID must be updated on the appointment to avoid rejection due to irregularity.
Because the DS160 ID on DS160 confrimation must be the same as the DS160 ID on the appointment confirmation. Thanks boss.

Nice one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 6:12am On Sep 09, 2017
laracreamz:

I'm so grateful for your contributions,buh I have one more QST pls, can I find an employer to sponsor me after my graduate program with this course of study. If not what other educational/art related course can I study that can get me an employer or company to sponsor me

This dude is one of the reasons this forum na real "awada kerikeri"

O boy who be the juju man whey do jazz for you?? cheesy

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 09, 2017
Hope no one is going to Florida? Hearing plenty news about them..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 8:19am On Sep 09, 2017
smithsydny:
Hope no one is going to Florida? Hearing plenty news about them..

What news other than the natural disaster?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2017
Goodmorning my people..my school is taking time in fowarding my transcript to the school..It's been over 3weeks now don't know what to do..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 09, 2017
folmus:

What news other than the natural disaster?
do u want to go? angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2017
smithsydny:
do u want to go? angry

tell us now grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 09, 2017
grin grin I was thinking of applying for visit oo.. Ho ma gad.
folmus:

tell us now grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kenneyor(m): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2017
Hello Everyone, im new in this thread; Please i need advice; i want to apply to morgan state university and im currently an undergraduate student,my cgpa is 3.71/5.00 and im in year 3 in a school of 5 years. Is it adviceable to apply as transfer international student or i should just start again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 11:29am On Sep 09, 2017
kenneyor:
Hello Everyone, im new in this thread; Please i need advice; i want to apply to morgan state university and im currently an undergraduate student,my cgpa is 3.71/5.00 and im in year 3 in a school of 5 years. Is it adviceable to apply as transfer international student or i should just start again?

Finish your first degree in Nigeria, then apply for ur master in the US, my thought...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hopehall: 11:32am On Sep 09, 2017
Hello,
Who can help me with GRE test material
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
obiagbaoso:
Goodmorning my people..my school is taking time in fowarding my transcript to the school..It's been over 3weeks now don't know what to do..

shey Public schools (ASUU) dey on strike?

Did you go to a Private university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oyindayomi123: 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre
Hopehall:
Hello,
Who can help me with GRE test material

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Savant1: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
Please how do I reach you?
For some weird reason I can't send PMs.

Please post some way I can contact you.
Thanks

Walspring:
New edition of discounted promo offer for GRE and TOEFL is out again for just 15 people and is likely for it to increase above 15. All the 15 applicants will pay 50% while some benevolent poeple on this thread are paying 50% to subsidize it for them but they don't want me to mention their names as usual.

Due to some issues encountered during the previous edition, payment is required before test registration this time around because i am not going to wait for 24 hours anymore before requesting for payment. Enough of all the touching stories. It is not by force to benefit from this discounted promo offer.

It's easy to partake, go to www.ets.org/gre or www.ets.org/Toefl and create your Ets account first. GRE is $205 while Toefl is $180, multiple it by 370 and divide it by 2 to get the 50% of the amount you pay. Make sure you register before sending me login details for the TOEFL or GRE registration.

1. Type of test.
2. User name.
3. Password.
4. Date you want to write the test.
5. Month you want to write the test.
6. Phone number. (please let the phone number be reachable)
7. State you want to write the test.
8. Name of the center you will prefer.
9. Send me pm to give you account details for payment.
10. Notify immediately you send payment
11. the exchange rate is #370 to $1
12. You divide the total cost by 2 to get the 50% rate

I beg of you that want to partake, kindly do the fee calculation very well and don't send me below the fee payment because i will automatically delete you from the offer list and please be sure of your test date and center before sending me your payment and details because i won't call anyone this time around to verify test date and center. I don't want incomplete details to be send to me and to all those sending people my email and phone number kindly notify me first or better still show them this page to send me pm.

N.B This is first come and first serve because i will work on the payment i received first.

Terms and conditions. Payment is required first before test registration in the edition.

God bless the good people behind this. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by iekene(m): 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
So I have a question for those who have been in the US for a while :

Is it normal that you are been ostracized by the white folks like your classmates . I am not speaking racism, I have white friends and we talk and discuss on the regular but when it comes to like forming a group or having a partner everyone tries to avoid you.

The latest was on our last field trip. Everyone had sitting partners and I was left to sit alone undecided . Even my "so called friends.

Is this a normal experience or it's just me ?

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Temitope91(f): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
Good evening house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
iekene:

Is it normal that you are been ostracized by the white folks like your classmates . I am not speaking racism, I have white friends and we talk and discuss on the regular but when it comes to like forming a group or having a partner everyone tries to avoid you.

The latest was on our last field trip. Everyone had sitting partners and I was left to sit alone undecided . Even my "so called friends.

It is normal. You'll better off not partnerin with anyone. Insist you want to partner with the prof or do your thing.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
iekene:

dont mind these yeye people. . it does happen , some are just more comfortable paring with who they either feel more comfortable or who they feel is more like them

but i recall this as well.... just check you are not doing anything that puts anyone off. sometimes u might not know you are (some of our naija habits and ways are different ) but time adjust people behaviours and processes to suit the immediate environment. ...

in the meantime dont let it get your down. with time it will normalise so pay little attention to it or it will start affecting you unknowingly . continue to reach out to see who will pair with u as no man is an island and if they dont then do your own thing

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Time2Smile(m): 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
ProfOjah1234:
The cheapest price for haircut I've seen here is $25.. Mheen na to dey barb skodo remain o, then $25 will be spent once in every 4months for another skodo.. grin grin grin.. All these american girls no kuku send so far you're loyal to them unlike our naija babes..
Lol. Still carrying my haircut from Nigeria. Planning to grow it into an Afro. Na Afro sure past.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2017
iekene:

I do not know about school, what I have done is an internship.

Naturally, people are after their own success and some will probably perceive you as a "diversity candidate" that is just there to fill a quota; I experienced this in my internship. Some would ask ridiculous questions and suggest that I had it much easier getting into the program then they did.

You have to show that you are just as smart as they are. What I did was to put up all my accomplishments on my LinkedIn page and leave some of my stellar professional exam results lying around carelessly; I would also ask well researched and choreographed questions that challenged the instructor. You also have to be friendly and know how to massage egos.

It's a lot, really. But being in school presents you with a prime opportunity to hone these skills as you will be needing them on the job (I am assuming you are doing a masters).

This may be a flash-point in attending schools that are not demographically diverse.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2017
slimmy2005:
It is normal. You'll better off not partnerin with anyone. Insist you want to partner with the prof or do your thing.

DO NOT DO THIS!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2017
LagosismyHome:

dont mind these yeye people. . it does happen , some are just more comfortable paring with who they either feel more comfortable or who they feel is more like them

but i recall this as well.... just check you are not doing anything that puts anyone off. sometimes u might not know you are (some of our naija habits and ways are different ) but time adjust people behaviours and processes to suit the immediate environment. ...

in the meantime dont let it get your down. with time it will normalise so pay little attention to it or it will start affecting you unknowingly . continue to reach out to see who will pair with u as no man is an island and if they dont then do your own thing

Exactly. Continue to reach out, always. You will need people to survive.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Time2Smile(m): 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Hello ma'am, Please can you give specific examples of the statement in bold.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2017
iekene:

These guys aren't better than you. Some of them do smell especially in the winter. Please do not let that bring you down. Just do your thing and strive to achieve excellent results. There is nothing spectacular about whites. When these folks see that you don't give a damn about them, they will come much closer to you. Then you can decide whether to talk to them or not.

This is how you should roll and not the other way round. If possible, get some pretty looking female students by your side. They will feel jealous and want to be your friend.

And finally, talk to your professor but don't use the word "racism". Instead use the word "vibe."

You can say this; I got a weird vibe from my classmates and don't really know what is wrong. Smile a little while saying this and make sure you speak it loud so that everyone in the class will hear it. smiley

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2017
Sgttanner:
Hello everyone...please how much will I pay to write a TOEFL exam test and can I know the duration of the year is been written??.. Before I came here I have talked to 2 people and one told me 50k while the said it's 80k.. So I was kinda confused and also afraid of being scammed.

Or better still, someone should please help with the price s of GRE, TOEFL and IELTS.. Thanks
Bro the I know is b. Y MAFIT it 45k there... Very genuine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
DeeTus:
These guys aren't better than you. Some of them do smell especially in the winter. Please do not let that bring you down. Just do your thing and strive to achieve excellent results. There is nothing spectacular about whites. When these folks see that you don't give a damn about them, they will come much closer to you. Then you can decide whether to talk to them or not.

This is how you should roll and not the other way round. If possible, get some pretty looking female students by your side. They will feel jealous and want to be your friend.

And finally, talk to your professor but don't use the word "racism". Instead use the word "vibe."

You can say this; I got a weird vibe from my classmates and don't really know what is wrong. Smile a little while saying this and make sure you speak it loud so that everyone in the class will hear it. smiley

@iekene think carefully before taking that advice in bold seriously.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.