Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698145 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 2:49am On Sep 19, 2017
wunmite90:
have just gain admission to study at cleveland state university to pls what my next step help a broda and pls what did you submit and the confirmation

1 You first collect your i20.
2. You proceed to pay for you sevis fee. (I can be of help for this).
3. You pay for visa fee at any gtbank around you.
4, You fill ds160. The website is www.ceac.state.gov
5. You book appointment. www.cgifederal.secure.force.com
6. You prepare for the interview physically, spiritually, morally and so on.
7. You attend the interview.

I hope all things listed above help

32 Likes 9 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 19, 2017
MissKayD:
Hi everyone.
Please I need help urgently.

My cousin got admission for high school (grade 9) in the US with scholarship. He went for his visa interview this morning and was told that he did not meet with the requirements. If anyone can give an idea of what kind of documents he is meant to submit, I would appreciate it.
He went his I-20 form, visa payment confirmation, SEVIS payment confirmation. From my understanding he doesn't need to write SATS or any other exam since he is going to high school not college. Is there anything else he needs to take with him?
This is quite urgent as he is meant to resume September 25.

Thanks
There's nothing wrong having a scholarship to study abroad at any level. Your cousin's visa denial might be as a result of how he responded to questions.

Are you able to post his transcript for further analysis?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by wunmite90: 6:31am On Sep 19, 2017
Walspring:

1 You first collect your i20.
2. You proceed to pay for you sevis fee. (I can be of help for this).
3. You pay for visa fee at any gtbank around you.
4, You fill ds160. The website is www.ceac.state.gov
5. You book appointment. www.cgifederal.secure.force.com
6. You prepare for the interview physically, spiritually, morally and so on.
7. You attend the interview.

I hope all things listed above help
ok thanks so how will i get my i 20 or what will i have to submit to get my i 20

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bayocanny: 6:41am On Sep 19, 2017
ProfOjah1234:

Ohh he's back?. I will talk to him now.. Oga mi no vex for me abeg. I'm still your boy!.. Mabinu padi mi
Yes.
No stress bro, we good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sheke01: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2017
Walspring:
New edition of discounted promo offer for GRE and TOEFL is out again for just 15 people and is likely for it to increase above 15. All the 15 applicants will pay 50% while some benevolent poeple on this thread are paying 50% to subsidize it for them but they don't want me to mention their names as usual.

Due to some issues encountered during the previous edition, payment is required before test registration this time around because i am not going to wait for 24 hours anymore before requesting for payment. Enough of all the touching stories. It is not by force to benefit from this discounted promo offer.

It's easy to partake, go to www.ets.org/gre or www.ets.org/Toefl and create your Ets account first. GRE is $205 while Toefl is $180, multiple it by 370 and divide it by 2 to get the 50% of the amount you pay. Make sure you register before sending me login details for the TOEFL or GRE registration.

1. Type of test.
2. User name.
3. Password.
4. Date you want to write the test.
5. Month you want to write the test.
6. Phone number. (please let the phone number be reachable)
7. State you want to write the test.
8. Name of the center you will prefer.
9. Send me pm to give you account details for payment.
10. Notify immediately you send payment
11. the exchange rate is #370 to $1
12. You divide the total cost by 2 to get the 50% rate

I beg of you that want to partake, kindly do the fee calculation very well and don't send me below the fee payment because i will automatically delete you from the offer list and please be sure of your test date and center before sending me your payment and details because i won't call anyone this time around to verify test date and center. I don't want incomplete details to be send to me and to all those sending people my email and phone number kindly notify me first or better still show them this page to send me pm.

N.B This is first come and first serve because i will work on the payment i received first.

Terms and conditions. Payment is required first before test registration in the edition.

God bless the good people behind this. Amen

Twale boss, am one of the beneficiary of your kind gesture. May God continue to bless you abundantly. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Zeiya(f): 8:12am On Sep 19, 2017
Hushee:

That's the only problem they have, but since you have your masters already, you have an edge. And I'll advice u to start contacting some of their professors asap, and they respond to mails very well.

Ok. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by CaptEColeJnr: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2017
Please I need some suggestions on schools in the US that do not require SAT exams....
(Cheap schools)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Joan011: 9:04am On Sep 19, 2017
CaptEColeJnr:
Please I need some suggestions on schools in the US that do not require SAT exams....
(Cheap schools)
sent you mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MissKayD(f): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2017
DeeTus:
There's nothing wrong having a scholarship to study abroad at any level. Your cousin's visa denial might be as a result of how he responded to questions.

Are you able to post his transcript for further analysis?

This is the visa refusal letter.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2017
wunmite90:
ok thanks so how will i get my i 20 or what will i have to submit to get my i 20

Your school is the best source of info for your i20. However, you might be required to provide bank statement that covers your first year expenses to get it. Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 9:45am On Sep 19, 2017
MissKayD:

This is not what he asked you to provide. This is a default letter to all refusals. He is asking for the conversations between the VO and your cousin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 19, 2017
MissKayD:

The refusal paper is not important. What is utmost important here is to post his visa denial transcript. Trust me, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2017
MissKayD:
Hi everyone.
Please I need help urgently.

My cousin got admission for high school (grade 9) in the US with scholarship. He went for his visa interview this morning and was told that he did not meet with the requirements. If anyone can give an idea of what kind of documents he is meant to submit, I would appreciate it.
He went his I-20 form, visa payment confirmation, SEVIS payment confirmation. From my understanding he doesn't need to write SATS or any other exam since he is going to high school not college. Is there anything else he needs to take with him?
This is quite urgent as he is meant to resume September 25.

Thanks

Grade 9 is about 14 years old ..... except if his sponsor is his parent and can show his parent's can afford to cater for him even without scholarship then his chances might be higher . mind if i ask . who did he go with and who is his sponsor and staying with ?

if i am a Vo i will not give someone that young to go to high school in the USA except if a parent is based in the USA..... There are loads of great secondary schools in the Nigeria so really why does he want to do high school in the USA. At that age he has to be properly supervised and guided so he doesnt go the wrong way

Might be best to wait until he is older, more mature and apply to go for undergraduate degree .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2017
pls anyone here at umkc - the University of Missouri Kansas city?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Grade 9 is about 14 years old ..... except if his sponsor is his parent and can show his parent's can afford to cater for him even without scholarship then his chances might be higher . mind if i ask . who did he go with and who is his sponsor and staying with ?

if i am a Vo i will not give someone that young to go to high school in the USA except if a parent is based in the USA..... There are loads of great secondary schools in the Nigeria so really why does he want to do high school in the USA. At that age he has to be properly supervised and guided so he doesnt go the wrong way

Might be best to wait until he is older, more mature and apply to go for undergraduate degree .
LOL, some high schools have boardings. This little boy has a scholarship which shows he is smart sort of.

Little kids do get visas at the embassy on daily basis provided they are qualified. And someone's parents mustn't live in the United States before visa is issued.

There is a kid who is talented and want to become a basketball star with a scholarship to study at high school got his visa. His father is my friend.

We shouldn't discourage someone who was denied a visa without finding out his or her responses during the interview first.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
DeeTus:
LOL, some high schools have boardings. This little boy has a scholarship which shows he is smart sort of.

Little kids do get visas at the embassy on daily basis provided they are qualified. And someone's parents mustn't live in the United States before visa is issued.

There is a kid who is talented and want to become a basketball star with a scholarship to study at high school got his visa.

We shouldn't discourage someone who was denied a visa without finding out his or her responses during the interview first.

what question do you think they ask or drill minors .... they ask the adult who came with them and look at the documents. His response is not relavant as they dont drill minors but look at his overall picture to determine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nairalandboss: 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nice work here
Well done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

what question do you think they ask or drill minors .... they ask the adult who came with them and look at the documents. His response is not relavant as they dont drill minors but look at his overall picture to determine
LOL, who told you they don't ask little kids questions at the embassy? Who told you that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

[q
LagosismyHome:

uou[quote author=LagosismyHome post=60615107]
Anty dem dey ask ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
wunmite90:

You contact your school and ask for your i20 and you also pay for shipping fee if applicable as well..

You need to submit a bank statement before the school will issue your i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KendrickAyomide: 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
thacokeboy:
pm me
okay bro. lost details of my nairaland email. kindly forward me your own
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nairalandboss: 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hi guys
I browsed through the internet and found out that the cost of studying in US MSC in us for 2years is around 100k

Guys how true is this?

What is the cost?
Am to Write GMAT right?
Can I budget 5M for the two years?

MSC
Previous degree is law
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nairalandboss:
Hi guys
I browsed through the internet and found out that the cost of studying in US MSC in us for 2years is around 100k

Guys how through is this

MSC
Previous degree is law

shocked $100k? or N100k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aamstih: 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
Thank you.

Pls is West Virginia University a 'one building school' as the world people would say?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gokuu(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
biikeys:

shocked $100k? or N100k

Hehe... It sure is not the latter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
aamstih:
Pls is West Virginia University a 'one building school' as the world people would say?
West Virginia in morgantown? No its not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nairalandboss:
Hi guys

Guys how true is this?

What is the cost?
Am to Write GMAT right?
Can I budget 5M for the two years?

MSC
Previous degree is law
#100k? That cant even take care of your accommodation for a month but if you meant $100k then that is too much. On the average, the total fees per year is $40k, mind you some schools are lesser. 5m wont even last you a year not to talk of two years. Try to get some type of funding and you will be good to go. You really need to start networking and asking questions about Law graduate studies, I don't really know much about that field but I know few Nigerians who studied in Vanderbilt Uni and Columbia uni..You might need to make Linkedin your friend and connect to ask questions or start searching for schools, then email the grad cords to ask for funding opportunities.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nairalandboss: 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
femi312:
#100k? That cant even take care of your accommodation for a month but if you meant $100k then that is too much. On the average, the total fees per year is $40k, mind you some schools are lesser. 5m wont even last you a year not to talk of two years. Try to get some type of funding and you will be good to go. You really need to start networking and asking questions about Law graduate studies, I don't really know much about that field but I know few Nigerians who studied in Vanderbilt Uni and Columbia uni..You might need to make Linkedin your friend and connect to ask questions or start searching for schools, then email the grad cords to ask for funding opportunities.
I don't know how to thank you for this, you wrote all that to answer my question?
Thanks a lot my Boss
Keep up the good work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Harpaa(m): 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
Please Mr Walspring...Is the offer still available in interested...
Walspring:
New edition of discounted promo offer for GRE and TOEFL is out again for just 15 people and is likely for it to increase above 15. All the 15 applicants will pay 50% while some benevolent poeple on this thread are paying 50% to subsidize it for them but they don't want me to mention their names as usual.

Due to some issues encountered during the previous edition, payment is required before test registration this time around because i am not going to wait for 24 hours anymore before requesting for payment. Enough of all the touching stories. It is not by force to benefit from this discounted promo offer.

It's easy to partake, go to www.ets.org/gre or www.ets.org/Toefl and create your Ets account first. GRE is $205 while Toefl is $180, multiple it by 370 and divide it by 2 to get the 50% of the amount you pay. Make sure you register before sending me login details for the TOEFL or GRE registration.

1. Type of test.
2. User name.
3. Password.
4. Date you want to write the test.
5. Month you want to write the test.
6. Phone number. (please let the phone number be reachable)
7. State you want to write the test.
8. Name of the center you will prefer.
9. Send me pm to give you account details for payment.
10. Notify immediately you send payment
11. the exchange rate is #370 to $1
12. You divide the total cost by 2 to get the 50% rate

I beg of you that want to partake, kindly do the fee calculation very well and don't send me below the fee payment because i will automatically delete you from the offer list and please be sure of your test date and center before sending me your payment and details because i won't call anyone this time around to verify test date and center. I don't want incomplete details to be send to me and to all those sending people my email and phone number kindly notify me first or better still show them this page to send me pm.

N.B This is first come and first serve because i will work on the payment i received first.

Terms and conditions. Payment is required first before test registration in the edition.

God bless the good people behind this. Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.