Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696138 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrAdelaja: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2017
hello @justwise i am preparing to book my visa interview. And i would really love your assessment on my preparation thus far. How do i contact you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jamezy4u: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2017
Helloo House!

Please, between Qater Airways and Turkish Airline, which one is better to travel with? Especially for a first time traveler?

In terms of things customer care, delay of flights and general flight experience please?

I need vivid example and recommendations pls. I should be leaving first week of Jan to Houston, Texas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 11:22am On Nov 24, 2017
Jamezy4u:
Helloo House!

Please, between Qater Airways and Turkish Airline, which one is better to travel with? Especially for a first time traveler?

In terms of things customer care, delay of flights and general flight experience please?

I need vivid example and recommendations pls. I should be leaving first week of Jan to Houston, Texas.

Check out Royal Air Maroc, they are probably cheaper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by BrightFuture48: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2017
greatolus:
msc chemistry.
Congratulations on your visa approval!. Please I am also considering applying to GSU. I have already contacted some POI there and am preparing to put my apps together for fall 18.

Can u pls share more of your experience during your admission process? so that we can perhaps learn and take a cue from that.

Can I PM you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ViktorMartins(m): 11:44am On Nov 24, 2017
By
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by greatolus: 11:57am On Nov 24, 2017
BrightFuture48:

Congratulations on your visa approval!. Please I am also considering applying to GSU. I have already contacted some POI there and am preparing to put my apps together for fall 18.

Can u pls share more of your experience during your admission process? so that we can perhaps learn and take a cue from that.

Can I PM you?

pm me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 11:58am On Nov 24, 2017
blessurance:
please wonderful people of this section: do you know anyone of us here at MTSU and what is the NAECS evaluation of transcript like, the processing and procedures ? thanks

NACES is an association of independent and nongovernmental credential evaluation organizations located in the United States. It's not em that does the evaluation rather it's members of which WES is part f it. I 'll recommend u use wes since its a member under the naces ass.
BTW.. wat course did u apply for?

Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by greatolus: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2017
boywonder001:

Thanks for the swift reply! Please i'd like to ask a few questions about the school and application. I sent you a PM. Pls kindly reply
I have replied your pm.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
gbollytee:
Anyone ever heard of or admitted to the university of New Haven?

What abt UNH?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by michelcedric(m): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Havre: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
Please what should be done if one cant login back to fill ds-160. The thing keeps saying "account is invalid". Asking for a friend. Its urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by denbaba: 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Is this UNN?
yes boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2017
MrAdelaja:
hello @justwise i am preparing to book my visa interview. And i would really love your assessment on my preparation thus far. How do i contact you.

You mentioned the wrong person
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
align360:

What abt UNH?
Typical naija response. ..lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Stanleych007: 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
Please has anyone here been put on Administrative processing..my life is literally on hold since last week..Am I the only one in this ship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by quinzypearl: 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hi guys, first time commenting on this forum..

Please guys, while filling my DS-160 form I click on umployed and explain that I just finish my Nysc this year which is April 2017. Is that a good thing to do? And also click on NO opition for where you previously employed question...please, have I done the right thing filling those questions with that answers, if that the wrong thing to do, what answer should I have given for those questions so I can fill a new DS-160 form, cause have submitted the form and also book a visa appointment with the ID number..

Looking forward to your reply ��pls no insult��
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kayme(f): 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
OGreene:
Does it include feeding? Then take it! You wont have any added cost as regards to feeding, transport, internet etc.
Unless you have people to share an apartment with, that will bring down the cost.

Meal plans are compulsory but with added prices. �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2017
Kayme:

Wow this is super helpful. Thanks! I better start reconsidering living on campus then. But then again campus living is like $5800 per annum that's roughly 2.something million naira which is a whole lot to consider lol. Does it help if I have someone I can stay with like a share a house with or something so that bills can be split.

5800 for a year is a steal / very good price for East Coast general.... maybe you need to double check if this is right quote for NJ area . I would expect it to be higher, this more like Texas rent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jydor4real94(m): 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ijebuboy525:
I'm going to Lincoln University
I'm also going to Lincoln University

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
Jamezy4u:
Helloo House!

Except you're an OBO first time travellers care more about the cost

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jamezy4u: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2017
Baba!

I guess you should have read the post as a wise man and comment intelligently rather!

If I have issues with cost, would have asked. I was asking for customer service and general experience.

Next time! Pls..........

ponpon:
Except you're an OBO first time travellers care more about the cost
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
Stanleych007:
Please has anyone here been put on Administrative processing..my life is literally on hold since last week..Am I the only one in this ship?

I am here too on AP since last week tuesday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kayme(f): 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
LagosismyHome:

5800 for a year is a steal / very good price for East Coast general.... maybe you need to double check if this is right quote for NJ area . I would expect it to be higher, this more like Texas rent

UPDATE!!! ITS ACTUALLY $5900

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
Jamezy4u:
Baba!

I guess you should have read the post as a wise man and comment intelligently rather!

If I have issues with cost, would have asked. I was asking for customer service and general experience.

Next time! Pls..........

Shots fired!!!, Don't be angry sir, as you don't have issues with costs, do you as you wish. King Solomon! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
Jamezy4u:
Baba!

Next time! Pls..........

Dear jamezy4u..pls b reminded that u forgot to share ur approval transcript on this thread.
Thanks in anticipation as u do so..

Best of luck in ur pursuit.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
That's the same thing I did cos I finished Nysc in April too and currently unemployed. I think it's the right thing to do
quinzypearl:
Hi guys, first time commenting on this forum..

Please guys, while filling my DS-160 form I click on umployed and explain that I just finish my Nysc this year which is April 2017. Is that a good thing to do? And also click on NO opition for where you previously employed question...please, have I done the right thing filling those questions with that answers, if that the wrong thing to do, what answer should I have given for those questions so I can fill a new DS-160 form, cause have submitted the form and also book a visa appointment with the ID number..

Looking forward to your reply ��pls no insult��
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
TWoods:

A gpa of 1.97 out of 5 now makes a lot of sense. I don’t know you either... thankfully. Good luck.
smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by michelcedric(m): 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hello Champs, I would really appreciate your input on my present situation. I discovered that funds set apart for my graduate student have been depleted way below the required sum. I already booked a visa appointment for next month; resumption is Jan (spring). I did not get financial aid from the school( I'm sure it must be because I applied for the non thesis and in spring).

* I have considered deferring the admission to fall and try to see if I can switch to the thesis option ( so as to boost my chances of getting finaid) IS THIS POSSIBLE?

*I have also considered attending the interview all the same and try my hand at getting the visa and deferring afterwards. Hopefully by fall my finances would have gotten better.

*Finally, is it possible to postpone the interview till few months before fall begins?

Thanks for your anticipated opinions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
Kayme:

UPDATE!!! ITS ACTUALLY $5900

$5900 per semester my friend. Just for 4 months. After school goes on vacation, you will be kicked out and pay another $5900 to return in fall semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
@ Ijebuboy525, TooMuchSauce and greatolus

You guys are not forgotten. I just have the opportunity to do this

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
imperiouxx:

$5900 per semester my friend. Just for 4 months. After school goes on vacation, you will be kicked out and pay another $5900 to return in fall semester.

Being a student is hard. All that money just to sleep and eat for 4 months.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
Stanleych007:

You're not the only one my brother. A lot of people whose application look bogus placed on administrative processing failed the verification and get a long time ban. That's why you don't hear back from most of them. Only a few on AP come back to share their success stories.

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.