Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,381 members, 7,846,618 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? (17936 Views)

Mowe/ibafo Real Estate Boom 3.0! It's Happening, Are You Taking Position? / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / Lady Shares Video Of House An Agent Took Her To In Lagos For N300k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by demalo(m): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:
Please house, I am 24 years old, just finished NYSC. I currently earn between #200,000 to #300,000 monthly from freelancing. I'm not too much of a drinker, neither am I the party type.
Will this be enough to build a 5 bedroom bungalow within 1 year?
Boss I tried to send you a msg on N.L pls respond or msg me on WhatsApp contact on siggy
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Flashmove: 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
phayvoursky:

ITS A THREE BEDROOM BUNGALOW. EACH ROOM WITH TOILET AND BATHROOM. I DONT HAVE THE PIC WITH ME AS I AM FAR AWAY FROM HOME.

Thanks so much... Am grateful..
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
demalo:

Boss I tried to send you a msg on N.L pls respond or msg me on WhatsApp contact on siggy
Alright.
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by dudu200: 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
well when it comes to building a house, the first thing is the grace of God and your personal determination to build. There would be sacrifices and self denial : (not going on hungry strike ooooo.) but you get to cut down your expenses and live very far from your income. I remembered when I started working after my OND. I bought land in the first six months. u asked how come? well I was living in a free house, I was single, with little responsibility though I feed myself and assist with some stuff in the family. I bought this land 120k that was 2006/2007. this same land worth 1m naira now. I left the land for sometimes when I lost my job. I was employed again in 2008 as a junior staff in one of the commercial banks in the country and they used to pay upfront which is meant for renting accommodation in lagos. but I choose rather to stay in a very small room in lagos my rent was 30k per year, so with this I was able to save for my building and also obtained a degree certificate thorough part time study in UNN. Today now I stay in my four bed room flat with my wife and two kids. though I have not gotten a car and it has been rough without a car but shortly I know God will provide one. it is a long story but with prayer , sacrifices and delay gratifications you can do it. God bless

5 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nice thread.

1 Like

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by egopersonified(f): 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by egopersonified(f): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
For me, the problem is time. How do you manage to make out time when you are already doing the job of four people? Do I have to sacrifice sundays, the only day I am home? Ordinary to mould block, no time. How then do I oversee the project when people keep telling me I shouldn't trust anyone? Is there a thread on this any one can direct me to? I'm tempted to rather start saving to change my car or buy human hair.

1 Like

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by hok4u(f): 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
shynrichies:

Alhamdulillah for the successful completion of your project, it's always easier have blocks on ground before the setting out.
I just got to lintel level for my 3bedroom bungalow. Am just to worried about how and when to get to roofing, plastering, interior decoration. E.T.C

Baba,alhamdulilah for that, Allah will see you through,na from roofing house building starts oo,laying of blocks na the smallest part, but Allah is your strength.

1 Like

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by hok4u(f): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Please where can i find the thread, the story is so inspiring.

I will search for it and post it here.

Thanks.
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Exploit2011(m): 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
osumak2:
FTC WOW.......... Back to the questions will just cut all unnecessary expenses shikena
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Waladade4luv(m): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
egopersonified:
For me, the problem is time. How do you manage to make out time when you are already doing the job of four people? Do I have to sacrifice sundays, the only day I am home? Ordinary to mould block, no time. How then do I oversee the project when people keep telling me I shouldn't trust anyone? Is there a thread on this any one can direct me to? I'm tempted to rather start saving to change my car or buy human hair.
My dear if its to sacrifice few sundays why not if not, or better still u can a leave at work cos most of these artisans are not trustworthy at all...my 10kobo sha oo

1 Like

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by gidola(m): 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
Bisjosh:
Buy a land first

Then u start gradually.
If u say u want to wait to have the whole money to buy a house, depreciation of naira comes to mind.

Start today, start from somewhere.

Exactly, where have u been dear, it aff tayed
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by erico2k2(m): 10:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
egopersonified:
U dont need to mould block you can buy block.you will be surprised how much you can do in one day.In my build, I achieved window level of a 2 bedroom flat a one bed flat and down part of a 4 bed duplex in one day

1 Like

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Johntemmy(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
alot of sacrifices (for DAT short period),self denial,determination and in all be consistent.... @times all dose IPhone 7,Brazilian hair etc. if converted into cash it can get u self contain or two bedroom depends on area. and also cut unnecessary spending.some people has two cars and their still a tenants.some like to live fake lives.....some profs. are still tenants while there drivers are landlord. same thing applicable to senior staffs while there junior staffs are landlord & landlady.and also mortgage is der in all be prayerful and be wise...

get your planks for roofing @ affordable price and also buy the cheapest building materials.......@ ALUBARIKA.....07060795767.
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by okikigsm: 11:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
I think I should say my own.I started my 3 bedroom flat with mud block within a little time I have taken it to roofing stage then some things happened that couldn't make me to roof it on time.rain came heavily on it and a part started coming down.I pulled it down and started all over again with cement block,thank God today is at roofing stage.I have started buying the materials for roofing now.

I sacrificed trending clothes, living in flat just managing a room a time,sometimes sleeping in my office,no friends that could increase my expenses no girlfriend.

You can start with any amount available it got to a point that u started thinking of how many block can I get from this amount I was to spend on some things.

God will not come down to build house for you.They will build houses and inhabit it says the bible.

2 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by spyroxy1(m): 2:44am On Jul 08, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

These threads are a bit outdated. Any up to date one?

Please check through the property section. Those threads are what I used for my mine. They will help you to know the amount of material, its only cost that will change.

Note that there's NOTHING that is perfectly perfect you just have to adapt.
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by ishayaauta(m): 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
toluxa1:
Following
from your signature, it Say's your into BTC trading. please enlighten me some more is it binary options volatility, or fx currencies?
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by toluxa1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
ishayaauta:

from your signature, it Say's your into BTC trading. please enlighten me some more is it binary options volatility, or fx currencies?

Bitcoin trader = I buy and sell Bitcoin.
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by ishayaauta(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
toluxa1:

Bitcoin trader = I buy and sell Bitcoin.
lolz I see
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by rhymz(m): 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
okikigsm:
I think I should say my own.I started my 3 bedroom flat with mud block within a little time I have taken it to roofing stage then some things happened that couldn't make me to roof it on time.rain came heavily on it and a part started coming down.I pulled it down and started all over again with cement block,thank God today is at roofing stage.I have started buying the materials for roofing now.

I sacrificed trending clothes, living in flat just managing a room a time,sometimes sleeping in my office,no friends that could increase my expenses no girlfriend.

You can start with any amount available it got to a point that u started thinking of how many block can I get from this amount I was to spend on some things.

God will not come down to build house for you.They will build houses and inhabit it says the bible.
lol.... I still do that till today... Lol
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Erums(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
hok4u:
It's only the grace of God.

I saw a thread on Nairaland then analysing how much is needed to build,one bedroom,two bedroom and three bedroom bungalows respectively.

I was motivated by that post and it was my wish/dream then to build a befitting house before marriage which Allah granted me.

I planned on the type of house I want to build based on my salary then and relating it to the thread I read and it was done.

Though it's not easy because you have to cut down most of your luxuries,no more going to ozone,no more eating at white house, no more dashing out of money unnecessarily.

Within a year I finished building the house,its all God sha,Alhamdulilah.

Bro whats ur average earning per month
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by hok4u(f): 5:52am On Jul 13, 2017
Erums:

Bro whats ur average earning per month

142k net pay sir
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Erums(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2017
hok4u:

142k net pay sir

Can i attempt that with a 100k net pay sir
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by hok4u(f): 11:14am On Jul 13, 2017
Erums:

Can i attempt that with a 100k net pay sir

Of course bro,but that will depend on how many bedrooms you want to build.

Just start
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Erums(m): 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
hok4u:

Of course bro,but that will depend on how many bedrooms you want to build.

Just start

Like a 3bedroom
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by 234GT(m): 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
I can't change my car and I can't buy apple ipad mini 4, all because I wanna roof my house.
My parents are doing the direct supervision for me, so a lot is being saved, because artisans are really dubious.
Chai! If you think you are rich, go and build a house.

2 Likes

Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by hok4u(f): 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
Erums:

Like a 3bedroom

Why not start with a two bedroom bro,when you finish the two bedroom,you can now start the three bedroom.

I first do a one bedroom flat before building the three bedroom,they are besides each other on the plan,so I first developed the one bedroom before the three bedroom.

Shalom
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by Erums(m): 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2017
hok4u:

Why not start with a two bedroom bro,when you finish the two bedroom,you can now start the three bedroom.

I first do a one bedroom flat before building the three bedroom,they are besides each other on the plan,so I first developed the one bedroom before the three bedroom.

Shalom

Tnks for the advice.. Much appreciated
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by johnson232: 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
okikigsm:

From your experience, would u advise anyone to build with mud block?
How long did the mud blocks stayed before the rain started that made part collapse?
Re: What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? by okikigsm: 8:22am On Aug 12, 2017
johnson232:

From your experience, would u advise anyone to build with mud block?
How long did the mud blocks stayed before the rain started that made part collapse?
Yes I can but the person must have wood and roofing sheet or money on ground even when bit is raining heavily.

It stayed 2 years because I used mud block made with machine not hand made one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3-Storey Building Collapses In Kaduna, over 50 trapped. / How The 3 Storey Building Collapsed In Ibadan — Construction Workers / See What The New Lagos Tenancy Law Says. Full Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.