Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) (70156 Views)

The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri / Itsekiri Names And Their Meaning / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by urahara(m): 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2018
Olu317:
Are you sure about those languages you mentioned with Yorubas as same family 2000 years ago? If so, kindly translate ten of these English words ,with its equivalent in Yoruba to these other languages you mentioned as same family with Yoruba's.
Yoruba(ancient words)

rì/re: see

Ìlú/ùlú: town

dè: return/arrive

Óorùn:cloud-heaven

ùbá-jùbá: to respect/pay homage

àlàayè: alive/living

ìlè/ùlè: home/house

ìtà: outside

fó/oofó/fó(r): say,speak

réejù: nap/sleep

cc:
urahara, kindly help out with Igala translation.

cheers

Am not igala
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Olu317(m): 5:54am On Jul 23, 2018
urahara:

Am not igala
my bad! Pardon me. If your language is among the mentioned one,apart from itsekiri, kindly translate them to your local language,and if not let me know. The reason I asked you was that I have seen some people on this thread that have linked Yoruba with Igala language with the beginning of Yoruba existence and to the extent of calling Igala language as the first-ancient spoken language of Yoruba's. I think,oyatz or so said it. Hopefully, the listed words can be translated by these people to ascertain such if it is true or not. Information on these exposes all of us to the knowledge of people who inhabited the different location in Nigeria in the past,especially in the middle belt and southern Nigeria.
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by OlaoChi: 11:12am On Jul 24, 2018
Olu317:
my bad! Pardon me. If your language is among the mentioned one,apart from itsekiri, kindly translate them to your local language,and if not let me know. The reason I asked you was that I have seen some people on this thread that have linked Yoruba with Igala language with the beginning of Yoruba existence and to the extent of calling Igala language as the first-ancient spoken language of Yoruba's. I think,oyatz or so said it. Hopefully, the listed words can be translated by these people to ascertain such if it is true or not. Information on these exposes all of us to the knowledge of people who inhabited the different location in Nigeria in the past,especially in the middle belt and southern Nigeria.
Yoruba linguists have proven that Igala is Yoruboid and the more eastern the yoruba dialect the more ancient elements it still possesses

That aside, using linguistic evidence it is already an established fact that Yoruboid, Igboid, and Edoid languages split around the confluence of the Niger and Benue rivers about 3000 years ago, which happend to be closer to the Igala homeland... so people who suggest that Igala is an ancient version of Yoruba might not be totally wrong

Ps you do not need to reply, I am just putting this out there... I have no energy to do another back and forth with someone who dreams of being Hebrew
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Olu317(m): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
OlaoChi:
Yoruba linguists have proven that Igala is Yoruboid and the more eastern the yoruba dialect the more ancient elements it still possesses

That aside, using linguistic evidence it is already an established fact that Yoruboid, Igboid, and Edoid languages split around the confluence of the Niger and Benue rivers about 3000 years ago, which happend to be closer to the Igala homeland... so people who suggest that Igala is an ancient version of Yoruba might not be totally wrong

Ps you do not need to reply, I am just putting this out there... I have no energy to do another back and forth with someone who dreams of being Hebrew
You have problem and I know it. Sit at the comfort zone of home and wait for the revelation. Oh yes, I love being called the descendant of IWA–YHWH. Wisdom rest not in the bottom of the haughty mind. Please continue in your delusion that Linguistics claimed Yoruboid language separated from Igboid, Edoid 3,000 years ago. May be you need tell us the year the world language separated in present day Africa. You claim you know but you know nothing Mr. Proof ‘Ébi', Èlèdumarè, Èshù, Orisà etc that are eternal words with Oduduwa-ancient Yoruba . Proof the cognate among your so called Yoruba related languages and stop making mockery of yourself. Mind you I will taunt you with linguistic evidence and archeology. I mock you hilariously because you know nothing. Soon or later , you will subscribe for my journal or my book at the right time.

Note: You are a distraction .

C'est fini

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by OlaoChi: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2018
Olu317:
You have problem and I know it. Sit at the comfort zone of home and wait for the revelation. Oh yes, I love being called the descendant of IWA–YHWH. Wisdom rest not in the bottom of the haughty mind. Please continue in your delusion that Linguistics claimed Yoruboid language separated from Igboid, Edoid 3,000 years ago. May be you need tell us the year the world language separated in present day Africa. You claim you know but you know nothing Mr. Proof ‘Ébi', Èlèdumarè, Èshù, Orisà etc that are eternal words with Oduduwa-ancient Yoruba . Proof the cognate among your so called Yoruba related languages and stop making mockery of yourself. Mind you I will taunt you with linguistic evidence and archeology. I mock you hilariously because you know nothing. Soon or later , you will subscribe for my journal or my book at the right time.

C'est fini

I will always know more than the African who believes he is not African but Semitic

Goodluck on your book. I hope you won't have wasted your money and energy because I know you are not a scholar neither have you conducted any field reaserch
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Olu317(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
OlaoChi:

I will always know more than the African who believes he is not African but Semitic

Goodluck on your book. I hope you won't have wasted your money and energy because I know you are not a scholar neither have you conducted any field reaserch
Oh K oooo, Thank you for telling me who I am from your perspective. Waste my money? Wait till then. And all I need say to you is to watch out for my book and other things coming from me.

Proudly Omo IWA–UWA
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by urahara(m): 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
Olu317:

C'est fini

Actually he is right

It is a fact that these languages where once one.
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Olu317(m): 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
urahara:

Actually he is right

It is a fact that these languages where once one.

How right can he be? I don't seem to understand the kind of mindsets that are on this forum. Is it also not true that the world language was once same? If I may ask you,how are germane words among Yorubas not found in all those languages? The point here is that through each world grouping of ethnic development, spiritual doctrine brought about the difference. Olaochi is an Ibo young man and his opinion is basically his and not relevant. And if you are damn sure of your belief too,then show me linguistic evidence of words shared amongst these three group in the ancient time that are over 200 words.

I sincerely want to learn.

Cheers.
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by OlaoChi: 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
Olu317:
How right can he be? I don't seem to understand the kind of mindsets that are on this forum. Is it also not true that the world language was once same? If I may ask you,how are germane words among Yorubas not found in all those languages? The point here is that through each world grouping of ethnic development, spiritual doctrine brought about the difference. Olaochi is an Ibo young man and his opinion is basically his and not relevant. And if you are damn sure of your belief too,then show me linguistic evidence of words shared amongst these three group in the ancient time that are over 200 words.

I sincerely want to learn.

Cheers.

I don't post my opinions. It is true my opinions are irrelevant because I'm not a linguist or historian.. I rely on them
But you as a whole are irrelevant.not only do you post your own opinions and demand it be respected as sacrosanct fact you belittle the work of actual researchers and scholars when you never even attended a diploma course in history/linguistics/African studies or any Form of social science for that matter

PS. Im not igbo.. Keep telling yourself that though cheesy

Hebrew ass licker cheesy I bet one day you will take back your land in Isreal Abi? grin
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Olu317(m): 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
OlaoChi:

I don't post my opinions. It is true my opinions are irrelevant because I'm not a linguist or historian.. I rely on them
But you as a whole are irrelevant.not only do you post your own opinions and demand it be respected as sacrosanct fact you belittle the work of actual researchers and scholars when you never even attended a diploma course in history/linguistics/African studies or any Form of social science for that matter

PS. Im not igbo.. Keep telling yourself that though cheesy

Hebrew ass licker cheesy I bet one day you will take back your land in Isreal Abi? grin
How ignorant can a young lad like you be? Everyone you seem to have come across on here see you as irrelevant so do I. Imagine, someone who had nothing connecting him to any field, related to human history becomes a 'sudden professor?' Oh yes, kindly say my discipline, since you are knowledgeable about it. arrant nonsense. Anyway, the best way to qualify you is that you lack etiquette.
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by OlaoChi: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2018
Olu317:
How ignorant can a young lad like you be? Everyone you seem to have come across on here see you as irrelevant so do I. Imagine, someone who had nothing connecting him to any field, related to human history becomes a 'sudden professor?' Oh yes, kindly say my discipline, since you are knowledgeable about it. arrant nonsense. Anyway, the best way to qualify you is that you lack etiquette.

really?! and it is you who isn't even schooled that is an authority on history cheesy
Btw when did I claim Professor?. You obviously didn't comprehend my post

And the best way describe you is that you lack sense.. It takes lack of education and common sense for an African to claim he is Hebrew cheesy
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Ecee0147: 11:22am On Feb 22, 2019
Guys so I'm itsekiri I've never been to home tho..
I've been in the north all my life ..and it so sad but I cant speaking the language.

My itsekiri name is Oritsejubemi will greatly appreciate if someone could help with the meaning of the name. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
Ecee0147:
I've been in the north all my life ..and it so sad but I cant speaking the language.

My itsekiri name is Oritsejubemi will greatly appreciate if someone could help with the meaning of the name. Thanks
I know "Oritsegbubemi" means God answered my prayer...Never heard of "Oritsejubemi".

I'm not a native tho, I hope natives reply

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by onuwaje(m): 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2019
Ecee0147:

Oritse Jubemi

tough nut to crack but it means God has fixed it or arranged me

but will confirm

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Ecee0147: 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=sherylbakky post=75990841]
I know "Oritsegbubemi" means God answered my prayer...Never heard of "Oritsejubemi".

I'm not a native tho, I hope natives reply[ thanks fam I appreciate it tho]

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Ecee0147: 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
Oritse Jubemi

but will confirm [modokpe boss..realty do appreciate it ]

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by africandictator(m): 4:38am On Mar 27, 2019
Ecee0147:

Oritse Jubemi

but will confirm [modokpe boss..realty do appreciate it ]
nice name
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by oyatz(m): 8:29am On Mar 30, 2019
Not exactly sir, Lagos Yoruba is mixture Oyo, Awori with inputs from English and other languages.
Real Oyo dialect as spoken in Ibadan, Oyo Alaafin, Ogbomosho to Ilorin is slightly different.

kn23h:

Lagos Yoruba is Oyo Yoruba. That's the standard Yoruba EVERY Yoruba person, Yoruba subgroups (Ekitis, Okun, etc) and foreigners in Yorubaland understands.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by rockafela(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
Oritsejubemi means -God has answered my plea!

God bless Iwere!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by rockafela(m): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ecee0147:

God bless Iwere!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Ecee0147: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2019
rockafela:

God bless Iwere!

sweeet!! thank you so much for this!!
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by rockafela(m): 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2019
Ecee0147:

sweeet!! thank you so much for this!!
you are welcome
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by gsk4reality: 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
Itsekiri native speakers urgently needed for a translation task. If you speak the language... PM me let's do business...
If you know anyone who speaks the language.. Please contact me.....
Please help spread the news.
Thanks..

WhatsApp : 08057207213
gbenroadekunledavid@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Ecee0147: 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
Guys I'm back,
Any idea what Toritsegin means?
Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by AreaFada2: 2:19am On Apr 24, 2021
Nice thread
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by brainycaleb(m): 9:29am On Jan 07, 2022
Ecee0147:
Guys I'm back,
Any idea what Toritsegin means?
Thanks

It vaguely means "God said". Toritsegin is simply an abbreviation of the full name, if you can post the full name, I will help you translate.

My Mother's Itsekiri, that's the only language I know and fluently speak.
Re: I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) by Jayboltz(m): 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2022
If anyone is up to teach me itsekeri language, I don't mind paying a token. I'm so ashamed that I can't speak nor hear

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

See The Sacrifice They Dropped On My Neighbor's Doorstep / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken / Photos Of Dogo, The "Tallest Man In Kaduna"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.